the Rift

[OPEN] Pounding sand, rolling rocks.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

the girl.

[Iso is gathering rocks for her sekrit hot-tub. :D]

She had a plan. The designs were already drawn up in her mind, now she just needed to execute them. In order to make a pit large enough, she would either need to start digging, or find Volterra ... She assumed that, regardless of how large Helovia was, finding the colt and his bloody companion would be far easier than trying to move such a substantial amount of earth herself. That could come later - it would make sense to have as many things in place before she went to find him as she could. Besides, the chill in the air told her that she ought to get a move on sooner rather than later.

So, through the lush river valleys that broke apart her new home, Iso set out.

Looking for rocks.

They needed to be flat and relatively large, which meant when she found one which suited her purpose, it took quite a while to roll it back to the clearing where she was currently building her hut (although at the moment only the foundation was complete). It was a long and labour-heavy task, but the girl didn't mind. It gave her body something to do while her mind wandered. Her body - which now had had enough of a growth spurt as to render just about anyone who had seen her even a month prior, speechless, was huge. She towered above almost everyone, on limbs which seemed impossibly long. Her blood splattered coat had grown in thicker than her foal coat had, but still displayed the same maroon blood marks over a cream canvas that she had been horn with. Her four horns had grown, sharpened, and strengthened, while her thick locks of russet and black stretched down to her shoulders, and to her ankles.

The earth-child worked diligently through the day, gathering and rolling rocks back to her secret meadow to line the bed of what would soon become an un-naturally occurring hot spring.

Image by Schwartze

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
The tiny, golden pixie carefully picked her way through the forests of her herdlands. Her movements were quick, but quite delicate. But this flurry of gold paused as she caught sight of a unique looking adolescent looking at and collecting- rocks?

Green eyes squint with confusion and she tilts her pretty little head. This mare- she assumed by the body type- was new to her. Bellisma flicked an ear sideways, then returned it to the other. What was she doing?

Cautiously, she took a few small steps out of the trees towards the other. Having forgotten her previous destination, she aimed to understand what the other was attempting to accomplish.

”What- what is it you’re doing?” The quiet bells chime out towards the winged mare. Certainly a Bellisma fresh from the Threshold would never be so audacious to ask such a question. But now, after some time with freedom in Helovia, she felt brave enough to approach and ask.

She continued to look at the mare’s progress, “Why all these rocks?” Slender legs took a few steps closer to the collection of rocks. Tiny nostrils flare as she smells and snorts, taking in only the smell of the other’s sweat, earth, and stone.

Turning a curious, bright green gaze to the mare, she awaited her answers.

ooc| I hope you don't mind Bellisma dropping in! :)
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

the girl.

[Not at all! :D]

Sweat had begun to darken her muzzle, the patches around her eyes, and even behind her ears. Of course her pelt was so dark that it was almost hard to tell what was stained by sweat and what was merely her oddly coloured body. Her muscles twitched with the effort, but her mind was tireless. She viewed the aches of her body as being distant - almost as happening to someone else. She knew that a body was aching, she just didn't necessarily identify it as her own. Regardless of her mental states, she would be sore in the morning.

Her quad-horned skull jerked upright at the sound of another's approach. She had been too intent on moving a boulder that she hadn't even heard her hoof-falls on the ground. As her words broke through Isopia's mental meditations, the earthen child snorted, turning her golden gaze to face the intruder.

What- what is it you’re doing? Why all these rocks?

None of your business is of course what she wanted to say. But, to draw attention to herself as being rude was still attention. Later this mare might say, Who was that rude blood-marked girl moving those rocks? and then of course more would start to wonder what it was she was up to. Better to play it casual, to stay un-memorable.

"I just need them." She answered, shrugging her blood-marked shoulders as she turned to face the mare. Isopia towered over Bellisma, standing several hands higher. That wasn't so surprising - Isopia was taller than nearly everyone she met - although others often found it strange. Even when they knew who her Father was, they still somehow found her appearance shocking.

"Who are you?" She asked, trying to direct the conversation away from herself and her activities. The demi-girl took the opportunity to fold her mis-matched wings against her flanks and give herself a break. If nothing else, this brief interruption would give her time to catch her breath.

Image by Schwartze

Adoptable
Bellisma
Her ears flicker at the obvious brush off to her question- the way a youngster would brush off a question. On closer inspection, she realized that this mare appeared like a yearling. Green eyes narrow slightly and she contemplates letting the question slide.

A newly-arrived-to-Helvoia Bellisma would have let it slide. But now she felt more confident. And this was only a yearling mare- though she was substantially taller than the little golden pixie. But breeding and grace made her certain she could at least outrun her if the encounter went south. She was ignorant to the other’s lineage.

“I am Bellisma,” her voice was quiet bells as she answered the question, “You?” green gaze, originally trained on the other’s rocks, flickered to pretty golden eyes of the mare. They tried to hold it, but she was still too skittish, and her verdant eyes bounced from her four horns, to her nose, to her wings.

She took a half step towards the other, ears now perking forward. She decided to not let her previous question slide, for curiosity burned in her veins and eyes. She had always been a curious mare- until… Well, until she had been captured and kept as a plaything. Then curiosity had fled her.

But now, now she was curious and interested once more. Her verdant gaze glowed brightly in her lovely, sculpted face. A glimmer of a smile crossed her muzzle, making her all the more beautiful.

“I could help- or I could try- to help you. With- with whatever you need them for…” her voice wistfully trailed off, for she certainly wasn’t strong or large enough to move a stone by herself. Perhaps she could help find the stones? “If you’ll tell me what the stones are for, I could help you find the right kinds?” she cautiously offered.

ooc| edited to meet the WC min. Sorry >.<
-Frost

the girl.

Stupid, she thought to herself as the other mare asked for her name. It was stupid to ask who she was. You knew she would return the question she continued to mentally grumble. "I'm busy." She finally responded - it was all she could think to say. Her name was something that she held too dearly to just ... give out. Besides, maybe Bellisma would think she was being funny, rather than evasive.

One could hope.

"Some round ones, as well as some large flat ones. I've made a pile over there -" She motioned with her nose in the direction that she meant. "-if that gives you an idea. And I'm not sure what they are for. Kaj asked me to gather them. I'm not about to question him am I?" A lie. The girl had found it was far easier lying to others to get them to do what she wanted, than merely avoiding the truth. And it was a fairly believable lie as well - if Bellisma didn't already know who she was, it would make sense that she would simply follow orders given to her by their Czar. Most would in her position, she just ... wasn't like most.

"So were you ... in the Falls before it was taken over? I don't recognize you." To be fair, Bellisma could have been in the Edge without her knowing - although she was fairly observant, her general uncaring attitude made faces and names easily forgettable. However as soon as she asked, part of her regretted it. What if she was here the whole time, and was about to complain and yell about the invasion? The demi-child knew that many were unhappy with how the Edge had taken the Falls, but all of their reasons seemed to be fairly emotional. A.K.A ones that the girl didn't find overly compelling.

Image by Schwartze

Adoptable
Bellisma
Ears turn sideways and a frown wrinkles the thin, black skin around her eyes at the brush-off. She had experienced the rudeness of mares before, especially pretty or striking ones as this unnamed mare before her was certainly growing to be.

A delicate, small sigh escaped her tiny nostrils- at first this land had been so promising with kindness. But now, it seemed, everywhere she turned she was finding danger or rudeness or fighting or… Well, just things she knew too well. Freedom isn’t all butterflies and fairytales.

“I could probably help with the small round ones,” she offered, though her voice had grown small once more, “I don’t think I could manage large ones…” the wind chimes trail off as she cast her gaze away from the uniquely marked pegasus and turned it towards the earth. There was a sadness that had replaced her initial bright curiosity.

Small round ones would likely be worn down by the water, she knew. So she walked slowly towards a basin with a small falls (no more than a few feet tall), dropped her sculpted head to peer along the edges and at the base of the falling water. “I’d think you would question him,” she made the remark with her side to the mare as she looked, “You seem like a mare who would question most tasks set to you,” the remarks were offhand, almost said mindlessly. But certainly the mare had given that impression to Bellisma.

“And yes, I was of the Falls before it was- ‘taken over.’ But only just. I had just come from the Threshold when the- the fighting broke out,” she found a prize rock in the water, and started pawing it out with a dainty front leg, “But I don’t think many would recognize me, regardless.” Indeed, the small mare tried to not draw attention to herself. “Are you from the World’s Edge, then?”

Soaking herself to a dark copper and the earth around her, she extracted the rock, looked to the younger mare, “Is this alright?” She asked as she began to nudge the rock with delicate muzzle towards the mare’s stash.

If felt good to be doing something useful. (At least, she assumed this was useful). The sadness began to lift again from her petite, half-soaked stature.

ooc| @[Isopia]
-Frost

the girl.

Isopia merely shrugged as the other mare admitted her inability to help with larger stones. That was perfectly fine - when she was gone, Iso would use her magic to upheave the larger stones. It was what she had been doing before Bellisma arrived. Something stayed her magic now though - for some reason she assumed that the golden-hued mare would want to chat about it.

However as the equine correctly identified her unwillingness to follow orders, Iso's quad-horned skull rose slightly with surprise. She normally ... tried to hide her what few emotions she had. She was good at lying, and as far as she could tell, nothing in her voice deceived the carefully created lilt of her voice. Snorting, she decided just to press on. A lucky guess.. she thought to herself. Or a haphazard one. Either way, the demi-god was not about to validate the mare's assumptions about her. "You don't know anything about me." She remarked off hand as she used her wings to toss a few smaller stones onto her pile. Her tone wasn't exactly rude, but nor was it compassionate. If this mare had the audacity to judge her on the spot, then she should have been prepared to be told she was wrong.

Even if she wasn't.

"Yes I am." the earthen-girl responded as Bellisma finished. It made sense that the mare hadn't been in the Falls long. If she had, she would have likely been more bitter about its take-over. That she seemed fairly amicable suggested that she wasn't. "I was born there." Isopia continued, "but I had no reason to stay in the Edge, and one reason to be here. The math was simple." Surely Kahlua would have been a little hurt to hear her daughter say that she had no reason to stay in the Edge, but it was true.

Isopia's hardened golden stare rose as Bellisma drew her attention to the rock pile. Walking forward, the taller mare looked down and nodded approvingly. "Yes. That's perfect." She commended, her voice seemingly genuinely pleased.

Image by Schwartze

Adoptable
Bellisma
The work was awkard, she was built for running fast and far, not rolling rocks along the ground. And, despite the lithe musculature of her frame, the work strained her neck and back. ‘You don’t know anything about me,’ the words, though said offhand, rankled the golden doll- especially with the twinge occurring in her muscles while she helped the younger, taller mare.

“I don’t know why I wouldn’t, since you are so forthcoming with information,” pertly, the bells chimed out of her delicate muzzle before she realized what she was saying. Green eyes widen with a mixture of horror and fear as she freezes, petite head flying up as she reached the rock pile, gaze riveted on the girl. “I’m -I’m sorry! I- I didn’t mean- it wasn’t how it sounded,” she faltered over her words as she wished she could swallow the rude ones.

As the splotched mare continued speaking, she wondered if keeping the mare talking was a better option than allowing her to react to the rudeness Bellisma had just spoken. Deciding it was worth a try, she quietly asked, “I don’t mean to be intrusive, but what is your reason to be here?” She seemed to want to sink into the earth, body drooping as she hoped she would not be abused for her verbal transgressions. She took some heart and hope in the genuine pleasure of her affirmation of the rock.

Though her verdant gaze remained trained on the winged mare, watching for any blow that might come- much like the gaze of a cornered doe. Cautiously, she started back towards the water she had found her previous rock, aiming to find another. Though her eyes never left the horned woman as she walked.

ooc| @[Isopia]
-Frost

the girl.

Isopia listened passively at Bell's outburst. Her golden eyes swept over the mare, but no emotion resonated across her skull-marked face. Anger and outbursts such as that were foreign to the earthen-child. There simply was not much that stirred any great emotions within herself, and so when others were overcome by them, it was like they were suddenly speaking in a foreign language. Or at least nearly. Isopia could vaguely comprehend why the mare would be upset - most around were usually forthcoming with information. Nearly everyone seemed positively overjoyed at the opportunity to talk about themselves - and at length! Isopia was simply not like that, and it was simply instinctive to feel hostile around those who were different.

Isopia blinked at the apology, her face remaining blank and sterile. Realizing that Bell probably anticipated and expected some sort of response on her part, she allowed her shoulders to rise and fall in a shrug.

I don’t mean to be intrusive, but what is your reason to be here?

Confused, Isopia paused her rock-rolling to regard the golden mare once again. Being ... here? She wondered silently. She had already mentioned she had a reason for staying in the Falls ... and had previously voiced that it was because Kaj asked her to move these rocks that she was specifically here. So which was the mare referring to?

"I... am physically right here, because Kaj asked me to. As I said. Though if you mean why I am in the Falls ... I said that too - I had no reasons to remain in the Edge, and one reason to relocate here. So I did."

Image by Schwartze