the Rift

[PRIVATE] stoneheart

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME FOR THIS WORLD WAR THREE
I'VE BUILT THIS CITY JUST TO BRING IT TO ITS KNEES

The giant yearling's jaw is set into a hard line, each muscle of his body tensed in concentration. Before him lies a small fragment of reindeer antler, a groove carved painstakingly into one end by his dragon's claw. It is a handle, a perfect hilt to house a blade, and he holds it beneath one hoof as Vérzés tries desperately to fit a sharpened stone into the groove. The final piece of the duo's efforts; the cherry on top of a murderous cake.

The colt had wanted a knife, to aid him in his future endeavours. Of course, he is confident in the strength of his body and the power of his dragon, but there is a certain allure in the use of a weapon, something to slice the flesh and drag out screams like a chorus of angels. His teeth and hooves can bruise, but can't draw blood. So he set about making himself a knife; only a small one, light enough to carry and wield with ease. For the hilt he came across a half-eaten reindeer carcass, the antlers still attached and strips of flesh hanging from them like eerie worms. With Vérzés' help, he snapped off a small fragment of antler and cleaned it of excess skin, a piece just long enough for him to hold it in his mouth, secured between his teeth. He found it rather slippery, though, so had Vérzés wind strips of peeled reindeer hide around it with his dextrous fingers and stick it in place with tree-sap, to make a firm grip. Then the ruby dragon used his razor-sharp claws to cut a groove into one end of the antler, for the knife itself to nestle in. It had been sweaty, tiring work, but worth it, because all that remained was the crowning glory of colt and dragon's mutual invention; a blade.

They came to the far north, where they selected several sharp rocks and sharpened them further with Vérzés' claws and another stone. But here is where they hit a snag - the stone simply would not stay in the groove. It simply wobbled and fell out, and even using strips of reindeer hide to hold it in place didn't work. Frustration bubbles beneath Volterra's flesh and he feels his temper rising, a feral growl erupting from his jaws as he kicks viciously out at a nearby boulder. The boulder flies through the air, landing with a satisfying thump in the snow nearby, leaving the colt's hoof sore and aching but strangely satisfied, as he always does when he kicks something.

"Why won't it work," growls the monolith, mentally demanding that Vérzés try again to fit the stone into the hilt. He will not give up.

@[Parelia]

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

PARELIA
Honest hearts are undercover. We are shadows on our own
The dove needed to get away clear her mind. So why not show her baby girl somewhere new and exciting before Frostfall really set in. "Come on Areli, lets go somewhere new. I know you'll like this place, the Frostbreath Steppe." She smiled down at her beautiful golden dappled daughter. Spending time with Areli was the most important thing she could do, especially now that Ilios had moved on. "I just need you to promise me something. If I tell you to run, you have to run, ok?" Tender muzzle reached down to carefully try and nuzzle Areli before setting out. Penna flew above them searching the ground for any danger, or something interesting to show the filly. Parelia could feel the relive surging through her best friend. She knew what he meant; he was happy she was finally out doing something to ease the pain. Focusing her her daughter would surely calm all of her frayed and damaged nerves and strings.

It was easy to make a pace Areli could keep up with now, she was slowly starting to walk normally, but Parelia wanted to make sure she would be able to keep up safely. The ground had changed from leafy litter to snow and ice. She smiled softly down at her baby, that almost wasn't a baby any more. 'Time flies faster than you do Penna!' He screeched and dove for her head playfully before turning to fly over Areli swooping around her trying to engage her in a game of chase. Laughter bubbled from her chest the first time in days. A sound cut off her laughter immediately, a very loud THUMP. Her voice was a hushed whisper as Penna took off flying high above them scoping, "Areli, come here and stay close, I heard something." Taking a deep breath she waited just long enough for Areli to move then headed forward wings pulled in close. If this was a unicorn she would tell Areli to run, send Penna with her to protect her.

'It's a equine colt and Dragon.' Penna came back to his soulmate what he had found.'Good then we should be safe.' Sighing softly she relaxed, but only slightly. There were still many dangerous equines that would love to have a wing or two for their collection. She called out a soft whinny to alert the boy of their presence. She looked calmly to her babe instructing her to do the same. She whispered, just loud enough for her to hear, "Mind your manners and be alert, always." There was never time to miss a teaching moment. As they strode from the sparse snowy trees she smiled softly and eyed the black and white colt wearily. His eyes were scarlet much like the dragon beside him. They seemed to be pouring over something. "Hello young man, I am Parelia and this is my daughter Areli." She dipped her head and flashed a glance at the smoky black girl making sure she did the same before speaking again. "Are you attempting to do something with that antler?" She watched them as Penna fluttered down to land upon her back watching the duo with distrustful black eyes. She stopped a few feet away, carefully giving the pair plenty of space.

Speaking Penna

Words; 545
Tags; @Areli @[Volterra]
Notes; I hope it's ok I invited Areli to join <3

<
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI

With Ilios gone, life had been even quieter as of late. Lonely, you stuck closer to Mama than ever, only leaving her side for a few hours at a time to explore nearby. Even so, there were only so many brooks to cross and stones to overturn in the Falls before everything began to look the same, and so you are delighted when Mama wants to show you somewhere new. You scamper over to her, readily accepting her affectionate touch and practically wriggling with excitement at the thought of an adventure. Of course, she makes you promise to run if she tells you, but you simply nod your agreement and fall in step beside her. Mama has always been cautious, and you are neither alarmed nor annoyed by the warning—you’ve heard it often enough.

The journey north seems to take no time at all, for as soon as you leave the towering cliffs of the Falls, you find yourself chasing Penna. He swoops and dives around you, and you clamber after him with hysterical giggles, jumping to meet him as he swings low. Your wings are nearly fledged now, and you instinctively spread them for balance as you hop, pretending that you can fly. One of these days you will, and you’ll catch him—then how surprised he’ll be! Another giggle rings out across the tundra as you imagine the look of shock on the sharp-eyed bird’s face. You bet Mama would laugh too. Once more, you rocket into the air, stretching your little wings…and then come crashing back to earth with a THUMP that startles even you. Hooves scrabble for balance, and you look down in awe. Did you do that?

Mama, however, seems worried. In an urgent whisper, she summons you back to her side and you obey immediately, anxious at her anxiety. Should you be scared? Ominously, Penna soars away, disappearing into the clouds. You whimper quietly and attempt to wedge your too-big body under Mama’s wing. “Whattiz’t, Mama?” you ask in a loud whisper, golden eyes wide. You can only see white, but you get the sense that Something is out there. Before you have time to work yourself into a panic though, Penna returns and Mama’s muscles relax. She whinnies softly, and you poke your head around her, now curious as to what it could be. "Mind your manners and be alert always,” Mama murmurs, then moves forward with a purposeful stride. Intrigued, you gambol along in her wake, fear of the previous moment forgotten.

As you emerge together from the treeline, a giant black colt and a red…lizard? come into view. You cock your head at the lizard-thing, fascinated by it even at a distance. A lady in your herd had one kind of like it, you remember, but you’ve never seen one up close. You peek out from behind Mama and squint at it, considering its sharp little face and leathery wings. Meanwhile, Mama is introducing the both of you, and since she doesn’t seem to find anything wrong with this pair, then neither do you. You don’t hesitate to step out from behind her, walking towards the large colt with no reservations. “Whatcha got there?” you ask, but unlike Mama you’re not interested in the bit of bone. Inquisitive eyes are trained on the dragon. “Does it have a name?”

[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
that's fine by me ^^ @[Parelia]

He hears voices, and a strangled groan leaves him. God dammit, he's not in the mood to entertain! He just wants to struggle away at his knife until he makes it work, because Volterra does not give up until his task is either complete or he's broken it in the process. His dragon abandons the stone and rises high on his leathery wings, sending his bonded an image of a pegasus mare and a young filly, along with a soaring falcon. With a considerable amount of hope, the red asks the giant colt if the bird is edible, but Volterra keeps him in check with a sharp stab of his mind - best not to let his dragon eat other people's companions, not yet anyway.

The trio comes closer, and with a resigned sigh Volterra drops the knife to the ground. He'll come back to it later and hope it is willing to co-operate this time. "I'm Volterra," he says by way of introduction, his voice a rough, earthy rumble that contains untold power and authority. At her question, the titan flashes the antler a filthy look before glancing back to Parelia. "I'm trying to fit the stone into it to make a knife, but the damned thing won't stay together." His irritation is evident in the sharp backwards slant of his ears and the harsh curve of his neck, a sure sign a temper tantrum is just around the corner. He is a hot-tempered young man, after all, all new testosterone and volcanic rage, and his inability to make a simple knife has pissed him right off.

The mare's daughter wobbles towards him, all spindly legs and flailing wings, and despite his dark mood the colt has to smother a chuckle. He remembers when he was that age, full of questions and endless curiosity...and with a healthy fascination with dragons. As a result, he can sympathise with the filly as she stares at the red. Vérzés - filled with all the arrogance and vanity of his draconic kind - drops from the sky to land upon his bonded's heavyset withers, bulking his gleaming red scales up and preening beneath the girl's gaze. He's a little attention whore, after all, and Volterra snorts. Mist rises from his nostrils and drifts away, dragged apart by the wind.

The beastling looks down at the filly, content to humour her. "His name is Vérzés, and he is a dragon. They are powerful, proud creatures, strong too." Alas, the girl's pegasus blood means she'll never get to bond with one, and will undoubtedly have to settle for a lesser companion, like his dam's kitsune. Mongrel is interesting enough, but he has no scales or scorching breath.

@[Parelia]

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

PARELIA
It was good to be out with her daughter once more, enjoying her laughter and playful antics. She is growing so fast, her wings are almost strong enough for real flight, instead of her fluttering attempts. "How about in Birdsong I teach you how to fly? You need a few more months before your wings will be strong enough to carry you." She smiled brightly down at her baby. She was so different than her brother. Ilios had told her that Kaj and Narseen had shown him how to fly. She was sure he felt to embarrassed to ask for his mother's help, Areli would be different. Daughters were always allowed to ask their mother's for help, no matter the age. A tender and sad smile touched her face at the thought. As her senses hightened she heard Areli's question and answered swiftly, "Smell, see if you can scent the boy up ahead." She paused allowing her to try her nose before moving off.

As they moved towards the colt she watched the smoky child from the corner of her honey eyes. Ears flicked towards the boy followed by her gaze. He seemed very agitated indeed. The scarlet dragon soared above them causing Penna to fly back to her. He landed heavily upon her withers to watch the scene unfold. Her own kind voice rings out a reply, "It's a pleasure, Volterra." She dipped her head and smiled softly at the massive beast. He wasn't familiar even in the least, but he seemed alright, for now. She listened intently as he spoke. He was trying to make a knife huh? She remained silent as Areli stepped forward to speak asking about the dragon.

Quietly she giggled as the dragon puffed himself up proudly. She had only ever met Khan, and he was only a silly babe, a hatchling at that. The boy seemed to relax as he spoke to Areli. Interesting. Did you think she was cute? Or was he proud to show off his regal bonded? Either way it was okay, as long as he kept his distance and didn't try anything. Once he was done speaking she offered her own words, "Volterra, why do you want a knife?" She cocked her head curiously before taking a step closer. "May I see the antler? I wont break it I promise." She waited for his answer a plan forming in her head. It never hurt to make friends, even if they were young now, they all grew up eventually. 'Be careful, he might not be as friendly as he appears.' Penna flexed his claws upon her hardened withers, knowing he would not harm her skin. It had already been torn and healed in a rough thin haired patch, from when he was a eyasse. 'Calm down, if anything happens take Areli and run her home. I don't care if you have to peck her butt, make her go then come back if you can.' He cooed softly and pulled her short teal and cream mane. He would always follow her words when it came to their little girl.

Speaking Penna

Words; 518
Tags; @[Areli]
Notes;

ARELI

Lips part in evident delight as the flying lizard swoops downwards in a dramatic aerial display, landing on the colt’s withers with practiced ease. As it puffs and preens, the colt—who by this time has introduced himself to Mama as Volterra—answers you in turn, explaining that the lizard’s name is Vérzés and that he’s not a lizard after all—he’s a dragon! ”Ohhh,” you breathe, neck still craned to watch the creature. ”’eerzays,” you repeat clumsily, testing the name on your tongue. It sounded fancy.

Golden eyes tear themselves away from the dragon for a moment to consider the boy. You look up at him, considering his stature briefly before drawing the conclusion that perhaps he isn’t a boy at all. He’s big, bigger than Mama already, and he stands with the confidence of a grown-up. But still, there’s something about him that calls to your childlike instinct, and you find yourself wondering if he’d be interested in a friendly game of tag. His rather imposing demeanor does not intimidate you as perhaps it should, for in a world where no one has ever done you harm, why should he?

Before you have a chance to ask about the game, however, he is speaking to Mama, and you hang back, content to admire the dragon while they talk. Veerzays, you think to yourself, mulling over the creature’s name. Was it a made-up word? Or just a big one that you didn’t know yet? There were a lot of words like that, and privately you vow to ask Mama later so as not to appear stupid in front of the stranger. If naming the dragon had been up to you, you might have settled for something a bit more conventional—Red, maybe, ‘cause of his color…oh, or Scaly ‘cause of his scales! It is fortunate for you indeed that the colt cannot read your mind, or perhaps he would not have chosen to treat you as well as he had for your unintentional degradation of his most precious bonded.

I'm picturing something like this for the knife c: @[Parelia]

Why do you want a knife? The leviathan shifts slightly. Saying to a complete stranger so I can shed the blood of my foes strikes him as not the best thing to do, so he simply heaves his massive shoulders in an approximation of a shrug. "I just think a knife would be useful," he says. And it will, not just for battle. To be able to scythe his way through thickets even his dragon's claws can't penetrate, or to chisel wood to push during his training...a knife would be an extremely useful accessory, hence why the colt is so frustrated that he can't seem to make his grand plan work.

He tenses as she asks to see the antler, but soon relents and kicks it towards her with a grunt. After all, what's the worst that can happen? If she breaks it, he can simply create a new one - it's useless without the blade, a simple decorative piece of bone. Again his frustration bubbles, and he puts enough gusto into the kick to make the antler land at Parelia's feet with a wobble.

Again amusement fights its way through the anger as the filly tries to pronounce the dragon's name, butchering it quite considerably. "Close enough. It means bleeding," he explains - Vérzés flares his wings proudly at the description of his name, showing every blood-gleaming scale and flesh-rending spine. For a dragon of finest scarlet, the name suits, or so Volterra thinks. "Your mother's bird is quite impressive, too. Maybe you'll get a companion as well," he says to her. He doesn't know quite why he humours her, but he supposes that he's not that long out of his childhood stage himself. He is only a few months into yearlinghood, and his impressive size is perhaps misleading about quite how old he is. Besides, foals have never bothered him. They're sweet enough, harmless little things. Maybe befriending this one now can aid the black monolith in the future - it never hurts to build up allies for what lies ahead.

@[Parelia]

PARELIA
Ears prick as she waits to see how he would answer her question. Yes a knife would be handy, especially if you ever wanted to kill someone, but did he have the mental power for that? Honey eyes bore into the taller lad wondering if it would in fact be wise to do what she was thinking. She notices the tension as it grips his bulky frame when she asks to see the antler. He relents though and kicks it roughly towards her. Audits flick back for a moment before before rising once more. Carefully she lowers her muzzle to carved antler. It already had a spot for the blade cut into it, perfect. While the youngsters talked the dove closed her eyes. This was her first time to do anything with her stone crafting, but surely the process was the same. Taking a deep breath she imagined and short slightly curved and very sharp blade, much like his dragon's claws.

As she thinks a small cloud of sand gathers around the antler hilt. Intent on her job sweat pops through the mare's thick hair making it damp. She would soon regret the moist patches, in this kind of temperature. After the blade is constructed within her mind she imagines a roaring dragon etched into the wicked saber. This would be her master piece, for this time at least. The dragon's snarling head lay on the straightest part of the stone toothy mouth open wide. Waiting to sever and cut any and all enemies. Finally satisfied with her work honey eyes fly open and a shiver runs down her body. The cloud of sandy falls as her eyes open leaving a deadly looking weapon at her hooves.

Waiting for a lull in the ebony and smokey's conversation, before speaking up. Her voice was tired and shaky from her shivering, "Do you think this will work for you needs?" She smiled softly as her body quivered from the cold perspiration upon her cream and white hide. "It might be a little rough, this is the first time I've worked with my stone making magic." She watched his reaction as she leaned down to nudge it closer to him. "It should be in there good enough to hold up to anything and everything you use it for. I'm not sure if your dragon has fire or not, but I could darken your handle with a little of my own fire if you would like?" The girl smiled before glancing at her daughter. Penna carefully kept his beady gaze trained on the colt unsure what he would do know he had such a fine weapon.

Speaking Penna

Words; 442
Tags; @[Areli] @[Volterra]
Notes; I picture the knife like This I imagine she tried to make the drgon's head look like Vérzés

ARELI

You are still watching the crimson dragon posture and preen from his perch when Volterra turns back to you, explaining, “It means bleeding.” Mentally, you store the tidbit away for the next time you get hurt. How grown-up you’ll sound as you run through the woods with a bloody shin, hollering to Mama that you’re veerzays! Silently, you repeat the word to yourself committing it to memory and smiling at your new friend for the vocabulary lesson. He’s nice, you decide, and maybe he’s the type who won’t be above a game of tag after all.

“Your mother’s bird is quite impressive, too,” he continues, praising Penna. Even though the falcon is not yours, you feel a warm flush of pride, and you glance back to where he rests on Mama’s withers with your happy sunbeam gaze. But as the colt mentions that maybe one day, you’ll have a companion as well, you are no longer listening, because Mama…is she doing that to the cloud of dust at her hooves? Her eyes are closed in deep concentration, and you watch, awestruck, as the particles begin to dance, shifting into the rough shape of some unknown form. As the dragon-knife materializes, your mouth drops open and your eyes practically pop out of your head. Mama nudges it closer to the colt for him to examine, and your little sides begin to heave up and down in your growing excitement. “Mama, Mama, how’d you do that?!” And then, an idea so brilliant occurs to you that you can’t help but spit it out right there: ”MAMA! I want one too!”

The filly seems suitably impressed by the explanation of his dragon's name, as he would be if he was still her age. Anything dragon-related had earned his undying love when he was a boy, and although he still adores them now, his enthusiasm is less childlike.

He looks as Parelia lowers her nose to the antler, shutting her eyes. The colt's scarred brow lifts, baffled, but his expression quickly turns to one of greedy fascination as sand begins to gather in the groove carved for the blade he cannot create. In his stead, she makes a weapon, a curved and violent saber of stone with a dragon's snarling head carved into it - a dragon with a look of Volterra's own red. It is beautiful, small but deadly. Like Vérzés. Bloody delight glows in his feral as as he looks at it, dull in colour but sharp of edge.

She kicks it to him, and he lowers his powerful neck to examine her handiwork. His lips fasten around the handle, his teeth grasping the rawhide wound around it and fitting like the piece of a puzzle. When he lifts his massive skull, the knife feels lightweight and easily maneuverable - he practices twisting it in his jaws to pivot the deadly blade around. Dropping it, he looks to the mare, humbled by her display of good faith. To do something for a stranger without asking for anything in return? It is selflessness that the greedy, self-satisfied colt could never imagine. "You...are kind. I thank you." His baritone rumble is nicer than usual, because whilst Volterra might be a little shit, he is not an ungrateful little shit. Mother taught him his manners after all, and he has received many a sharp kick and corrosion-laden bite for forgetting them.

She offers to darken the handle with her fire and he shakes his head to politely decline. He likes the contrast of the pale brown antler with the sharp stone blade, plus he's scared fire may shatter it. "No, I love it how it is. Is there...anything I can do for you in return?" He has nothing to give her, no possessions save for the precious amulets which he would give to nobody, but his manners demand that he offer. On his back, the ruby blood-dragon chirps, and both he and Volterra give an amused snort as Areli demands a knife of her own. Ah, what a violent little girl - I like her.

@[Parelia]

PARELIA
Even as she worked the dove smiled softly listening to her baby and the monster colt. He might look nasty, but there was at least some small amount of good hidden below the distrustful looks. Quietly she worked wondering how good or bad this boy really was, and what his lineage held. As he is spoken off Penna screeches softly thanking the midnight in his own bird way. It was not often the falcon heard praise from others. He was plain, nothing more than a mere bird next to dragon's and birds of fire and ice. That did not matter to Parelia or Penna. He was strong in other, and better ways. A sharp mind with sharper talons was all they needed to remain safe.

Honey eyes shone brightly even as a shiver passed down her frame she felt happy. Areli squealed her own desire for a blade. Parelia agreed, it would only be fitting for the filly to have some form of protection against everyone else. "I am a Mason in our herd. It's the rank I hold and the Earth God's blessing that I am allowed to craft things. Yes Areli, you can have one in a moment let me catch my breath." Kind eyes turned back to the large colt. He seems almost surprised that she had done such a favor for him.

She merely smiles and dips her head, get what you give. There had been no mother to teach her such things, life had done that well enough. Ears pricked forward curiously as he asked if he could return the gift. She thought only for a moment before speaking her request, "I don't want anything but a promise from you." A moments pause as she let that sink in. "If you ever see my daughter in trouble I want your word that you will help her to the best of your ability." Raising her head she watched him closely searching for any trace of a lie upon his face or his words. After he spoke she lowered her head once more, trusting Penna to watch the beast. She focused on creating a small straight double edged knife. Along with the sharp blade she made another small item along with it; a dragons head handle. Sweat poured anew her mind worn out unable to make one more thing. Gently she pushed the blade towards her daughter handle first. "You have to be careful with it, it's very sharp. If you cut yourself I'm taking it back until you're older, deal?" She watched her sharply for a moment before turning back to the beast and his scarlet dragon.

Speaking Penna

Words; 441
Tags; Areli
Notes; Blade Handle

ARELI

When Mama says yes, you cannot help but squeal aloud and kick up your heels with all of the enthusiasm of someone who’s just learned that Christmas has come early. You are so excited by the prospect of your own stone dragon that you stop listening to Mama as she says something to the large colt—you’re too busy alternatively shimmying in place and stopping suddenly to stare at the dust with wild eyes and flared nostrils, trying to imitate what Mama did. Magic! You hope that when you’re older, you’ll have cool powers too. Do they just…appear, you wonder? Did Mama just wake up one day, then BAM! Powers! You’ll ask her on the way home, you think, not wishing to distract her with what’s sure to be a long story before she makes you your present.

And then—and then!! Mama finally gets to work, stirring up the dust just as before. The form that materializes is different from the one she made last time. This blade is small and straight: a handy dagger to some, but that’s not what interests you. Instead, you eyes rest lovingly on the sculpted dragon’s head that crowns the blade. It curves upward elegantly, connecting a proud neck to an elegant head, where a small smirk pulls its lips back and up, like it knows a secret that’s just between you. Beady eyes stare up at you from the ground as Mama nudges it toward you with a warning, and tenderly, you press your small nose to the hilt of the dagger, nodding your agreement. You’ll do anything Mama says to keep this gift—what a wonderful friend he will be!

@Volterra (if you'd like to continue)

The Earth God's blessing. Again, the massive God's power benefits Volterra. He got one of his amulets from the earthen man, and he suspects his magic was from him, too. He is close friends with the God's daughter, and now he has a knife crafted by magic from the God's own element. Perhaps the deity really does have a grander plan for the behemoth colt.

To his surprise, the mare agrees to create a knife for her daughter, too. Volterra flashes the smallest of smirks. Not every mother would be so willing to hand sharp objects down to their children - she must know that saying no will only foster resentment. Perhaps her daughter shall be a little warmonger in the making! Parelia requests that he looks out for her daughter, and the beast nods his giant head. That isn't the worst thing she could have asked. If he sees the child in trouble, he will simply crush her assailant and walk off with gratitude in his ears - nothing too strenous, all in a day's work for the young colossus."You have my word. Not that I think she'll need my help, if she has a knife of her own." He grins down at the filly. He can quite imagine her stabbing any creature who would try to endanger her, taking them by surprise. Of course, a knife is no substitute for hooves and teeth and brute force, but it can certainly be a welcome addition to an already loaded arsenal.

True to her word, the mare summons her magic and creates another knife. This one is straight, but glimmers with deadly intent. "Ah, a fine weapon," rumbles the giant. "Will you name your blade?" He looks to his own weapon, already trying to think of a name for it - Brokenfang? Bloodbringer? Dragonclaw? Ah, Volterra shall have endless hours of fun trying to come up with a suitable dubbance for his beloved weapon!

@Parelia