the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gilded Nights under the Moon

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Sand flew as Buce rolled, wings flailing and sending sand flying into the air. It felt wonderful, the sand scratching away every itch and insect that dared to bother his ebony coat. Azeeza occupied herself with watching the flaming falcon wraith that had begun to follow the pair around ever since their return to the Throat, her golden orbs suspicious and not at all liking the potential competition for Buce's affections.

Done with his sandbath, the Morningstar got to his feet, shaking himself thoroughly; once... twice... three times, until he was positive he got most of the grains of sand out from his more... private places. His gilded gaze found Azeeza, and he regarded the pair with amusement; Azeeza with her ruffled nape, and the flaming falcon that just stared deadpan at them both. Buce didn't think that he somehow managed to obtain a second companion, no... far more likely that this was the Sun God's work. "Zee, don't mess with it. You'll just burn yourself" He called as he watched them, the juvenile falcon shooting him a look before continuing her staredown with the firebird.

Lips curling into a soft smile, the black turned his head and began running his lips over his wings, dislodging sand and plucking feathers that were too ragged or rough, feathers that would hamper his speed in the air. Soon one wing was finished, the dark feathers as sleek and black as his companion's, the sharp-edged wings built for speed something the pair had in common. Azeeza gave up trying to stare down the phantom, and instead took off to hunt, her thoughts dark with jealousy and a desire to chase away the invader, tempered only by Buce's constant, gentle reminder that the bird was... you know... made of fire, and she of flesh.

Buce watched the falcon as she flew away, before he began to work on the other wing, perfectly relaxed, though as ever his body was in a constant state of motion; shoulder-feathers ruffling before lying flat, tail swishing, his body rocking back and forth ever so slightly. His energy had returned, his spirit once again whole and strong, restoring him to his former good humor.

@[Ranjiri]

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

No matter how far I drifted from the throat I always ended up unintentionally finding my way back. I think I was hoping that on my many trips out I would find Ryuu. Or maybe when I finally came back he would be back waiting for me. But he never was. I'd lost track of how many weeks it had been since my dad had died and Ryuu disappeared. As much as I hated to admit it I think I was getting used to not having my quiet son tucked close to my side. Maybe I'd expected that he would drift away from me one day... I don't know.

My wings flared out at my sides to slow my descent and soften my landing and my forelegs were extended toward the ground. As I landed in the sand I thought about the very first time that I had flown to the Throat and my not so graceful crash landing. I remembered Gaucho laughing at me and my dad fretting over me. A wave of sadness washed over me as I thought about my dad and I sucked in deep breath then let it out slowly. I was tired of being sad and tired of crying but it wasn't getting any easier to deal with. Thankfully I was distracted from my thoughts by a burst of light and heat as the fiery lion that had scared me so terribly the first time I'd seen it take shape. Then there was a voice that had me turning to look to see who was close by that I hadn't noticed.

My head tilted when I saw the stallion who almost mirrored me with his black and gold coloring. He seemed rather distracted with preening his feathers (something I hardly ever did, shame on me), but I still found myself drifting toward him. I couldn't say that I'd ever met him before (there were still a lot of Throat horses that I didn't know), which I suppose wasn't a good thing. I still wanted to be alone for the most part, but I figured since he was there and I didn't know him I could at least introduce myself. I guess. "Uhm... hello." I muttered.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

A soft greeting had the black pulling his head out from under his wing, golden eyes blinking in surprise to see someone he hadn't met yet. Strange, he thought he had seen/met everyone(obviously that was wrong), and this one... she looked like she could have been his relative. "Hello there. Don't believe we've met yet, eh?" He grinned, tucking his wing back against his side as he turned to face the new mare. "Actually, I'm positive we haven't met. I would have recognized a mare as beautiful as you." He winked, grinning wider before his head tilted slightly. "My name's Bucephalus, and yours?" He asked, ears pricked towards the mare.

There was something... off about her. Her stance or voice or just overall appearance felt... strange. Some sort of strong emotion, but Buce couldn't decipher it. His gaze did drift, however, to the flaming lion at her side, gaze amused. So it wasn't just him being plagued by the fiery beasts. He glanced over at his own flaming bird, it's fiery gaze focused blankly upon him, unmoving save the rippling of fire that somehow kept shape into that of a falcon. Shaking his head in wonder, the Morningstar once more looked to the other black-gold pegasus, noting the horn that graced her forehead. A hybrid then, like his own Breccan.

Done with his examination, Bucephalus cocked a hoof and rested, waiting for the mare to introduce herself, though a faint crease of a barely-there frown cropped up around his eyes. He still couldn't place it... It was something that had her posture just... almost(dare he say) bowed.

Then it slapped him, right in the kisser.

"Miss, are you alright?" He questioned quietly, taking a slow, cautious step forward, humor gone from his refined features. Sorrow. Sorrow and exhaustion. He could recognize that, sympathize with it(maybe), well enough that he berated himself for not being able to realize it sooner. Wings unfurled just a bit, primaries flared towards her, stretching subtly, offering comfort without the Morningstar's knowledge. She smelled of the Throat, of sand and dust and heat and musk, and that made her his family.

He didn't plan on letting another of his family suffer.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"No, I don't believe so." I found myself saying in response as I watched him turn to face me. My ears tilted forward when he said he was positive that we hadn't met but then they lowered some when he said he would recognize someone as beautiful as me. Any other time I probably would have felt the heat rush to my face and would have stammered over such blatant flirting, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I hadn't been for quite some time and if I was being completely honest with myself it didn't matter to me if he or any other stallion thought I was beautiful. The only one that had ever mirrored that sentiment and truly mattered to me was Ros and she had screamed at me that I was fucking gorgeous.

Thinking about Roskuld always made me feel a little bit better, like my pain wasn't so prevelant. I blinked when he spoke his name, Bucephalus. I thought it was a kinda weird, but who was I to judge if a name was weird? "Ranjiri." I said in response when he asked my name. I noticed that his gaze had left me and gone to the lion next to me. "I don't know what it is." I admitted. "But it won't stop following me around." Even when I flew it would just reappear wherever I landed.

"Miss, are you alright?"

"Yes." I said quickly, very obviously lying. "I'm fine. Everything is fine." I definitely wasn't fine and everything was falling apart, but why would I want to spill my guts to a perfect stranger? Even as he unfurled his wings toward me I stayed rooted to the spot that I stood. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking pointedly at his wings.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Ranjiri. Buce matched the name to the face and stored it even as he rolled her name around in his thoughts, testing out the syllables. It was a good name. Strange, but good. To hear that she, too, didn't know what the flaming creatures were was just another clue-not-clue about their origin. "So far I'm taking the wild and very amusing guess that it's the Sun God's work to make sure we little Throatlings are behaving." He snorted lightly, lips twitching before he refocused upon her.

Her gaze and words directed at his wings had him blinking in confusion before he glanced over, a swell of embarrassment rising within him as he tucked them away. "Pardon. It's a habit I picked up from my homeland." He could hear that annoying little voice sulking in the back of his mind. 'Liar~' It sang, and he stomped it away with ease. "But somehow I get the feeling you're lying..." Quickly however, he ducked his head and moved away a bit, grinning sheepishly. "Don't worry though, I won't ask anything about it." He shrugged. If she wanted to speak she would.

"So, Ranjiri... how long have you been with the Throat?" He questioned, ears pricked sharply towards his twin in coloration. Azeeza returned about then, blood speckling her beak and talons, gleaming wetly in the sunlight as she landed upon Buce's croup. Sharp, gold eyes focused upon Ranjiri, judging and haughty, orange brows pulled down over those piercing eyes before Zee looked away, disinterested by the mare and instead turned her focus upon cleaning her talons. "And this is Azeeza. Forgive her, she's not the most sociable." He snorted. Unless Ranjiri magically turned into Vorsa, Ampere or another bird, Azeeza didn't particularly show interest in anyone other than Buce(something he had a certain blue mare foaming at the mouth).

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"I suppose." I replied when Bucephalus suggested that the fiery creatures were the Sun God's way of making sure that we behaved. I snorted, though, because if there was anyone that the God needed to make sure behaved it was his murderous sister. I didn't voice my opinion, however, and took to staring at the flaming lion that stood beside me. I couldn't help but wonder why, of all creatures, I had a lion. If anything I would have expected to have something like a rabbit or a tiny little bird.

"But somehow I get the feeling you're lying..."

"No..." I answered, refusing to meet his gaze because I knew I wasn't a good liar. Momma had pointed it out to me when I was little. She said that she could tell by my eyes when I tried to lie to her. But he said that he wouldn't ask, so I finally looked at him. He moved on rather quickly, asking how long I'd been in the Throat and ... really I couldn't remember how long it had been. A year? Maybe more? "A while." I offered. "Cera might know for sure how long its been..." My voice trailed as a falcon arrived and settled itself upon Bucephalus. It was quite ... intimidating, the way it seemed to glare at me ... all bloodstained.

I blinked and looked from the falcon to Bucephalus as he introduced her as Azeeza and asked that I forgive her. "Yeah, sure." I murmured. "How long have you been bonded to her?" My head tilted slightly as I stared at the stallion and his companion. "What's it like? Being bonded, I mean..."

"."
@[Bucephalus]

Image Credits

aud pixel!