the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach Me

Rue Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Equine :: 15.0hh :: 1.5 Years || Tallsun
Tribs
Rue

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.

-Anne Frank

"Mamma!" Rue trilled as she sprinted through the woods of her new home, barreling towards her mother with worry on her face. Just a few days had lead to a huge improvement in her health; while she was still skinny she no longer slept so often nor did her hips stick out so harshly. In her mouth she carried a brown lizard by it's foot, the creature's eyes open and glazed over in death. Once she nearly ran into Res's leg she skidded to a stop and gingerly laid the lizard down, looking up at Res. "Help it? Slithery thing bit it and was mean." She said, ears pinning back.

She didn't know it was dead... didn't even understand the concept of death. All she knew was that the little thing had been hurt, and that her dam helped hurt things. So that meant Res could help the little crawly thing that she had made a 'friend' out of before the snakebite. "We was playin tag and he got hurt and now he won't play again." She dropped her head, nosing the lizard once more before looking back up at Res, blue eyes confused.

She had stuck like glue to Res's side the past few days, only just now leaving to explore their new home today, though still hadn't strayed far. "Fix him? Make better...?" She asked, the flowers on her mane colored a melancholy blue as she looked at her dam, bumping her mamma's leg with the tip of her nose.

@[Resplendence]
Coding by Tamme
Credit
[Image: rue_pix_by_lost_skies-d8kck0p.png]
♡ Please tag Rue in all posts ♡

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence

shackled up by all my fears

Resplendence turned in a second at the sound of her young one's voice screaming Mamma!. Valiance spun and turned to the sky, swooping in and flashing an image of Rue across Resplendence's mind. Aye, he didn't need to tell her that it was her daughter who had called her name. Stabilizing herself for the little rocket Resplendence didn't doubt would slam into her. Her daughter caught herself at the last second before disposing of something at their feet. Her daughter looked up at her asking for Res to help the… what was that? A lizard? Yeah, her daughter wanted her to help the lizard.

"Rue…" Res started, eyes lingering on the lizard's (which were glazed over with death). Still, she didn't very far before her daughter began to speak again. She tried to explain what happened, saying that the two of them were playing tag. Tag? A lizard and a foal could play tag? More like she was probably chasing the lizard and scaring the poor creature (but whatever floated her daughter's boat and kept her in the herd lands, Res supposed). Rue nosed the lizard and then looked back up to Res with those confused, blue eyes. Then, she asked Resplendence to fix the lizard before bumping her on the leg with her nose.

"I can't help him, Rue. He's too far gone." There was a distinct sadness the lurked in Resplendence's voice. Aye, she could picture Rowan, her twins, Ciro… all those she had lost before her. "The lizard is gone, Rue. His soul went on to a better place… and he… he is unable to return from it." There is a gentle sigh before she adds in, "The only thing left to do for him is to offer him a proper burial."

Valiance swoops down, finally and lands between the two - just off to the side of the lizard. He offers a puff of smoke as a signal that they could burn the lizard, spread the ashes. That would be proper, right?

credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love