the Rift

The moments between

Lilac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As the days had grown longer the lone mare had found herself wondering what had happened to them. He handsome brother had left her side some time back to search out their missing sister, but neither had returned to her. Alone the pale mare had traveled for days. Stopping only at night for rest, her hooves had grown tired, and her soul lost. Lilac wanted only one thing and that was to truly find a place of belonging. Had she not belonged with her siblings? Perhaps not in their eyes which was something she was ashamed to even think was possible.

Having closed her eyes for a moment as the thought passed Lilac opened them once more as she made her way into a forest. The place was a new landscape, but it felt like home and she wondered if it would be a possible place for her to live. At least for a short time. Sighing she shook her head. No, this place wouldn't have made a good place to call home. It would work for the coming night as a place to rest, but who knew what dangers lurked just around the next tree.

Coming to a halt she looked up towards the sky, the land around her had started to turn dark as the sun slowly sunk. "Ribbon, Justic where are you?" She questioned as if the air it's self would of supply her with the answer she was seeking.

Of course the air wouldn't give her the answers she had been searching for. Her family had a habit of disappearing and that was a fact. Her siblings had vanished once before as she was a child, along side her father. Only difference was they came back, her father didn't. Thinking about it she couldn't help but wonder if it was just something that happened or if she was cursed. Only the gods truly knew for sure.

(Falls preferred but all welcomed.)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
T
O
R
L
E
I
K

To belong was a fleeting feeling that Torleik had often chased himself. From his childhood, he hadn't felt he belonged; he'd known he was a bastard child and it had set him apart. In his mother's presence he was home, she loved him and he belonged - but it was a rare thing indeed that he could spend time with his mother only. He and his sibling had never quite gotten along, Bolverik the true son of his father with an honorable bloodline. Still, they were brothers and that bond could not easily be broken.

It remained that Torleik had always sought his purpose elsewhere, through battle, through the gods. Anywhere but through his father. Mind wandering to his bonded, checking on her as she hunted for a snack, Torleik almost didn't notice the figure moving through the woods nearby. But, as always, the smoky rabicano had an eye for light colored women and the cremello vision passing through the wooded trunks of the forest eventually registered in his periphery. Approaching slowly, he studied as he moved, curious as to this one.

As always, questions abounded. Newcomer? Current resident heretofore unmet? Dangerous? Harmless? Spy?

What did he know? Mare. Light colored. Seemed lost, or searching for someone or something. That was very little. She reminded him of two others he'd met before...Brisa, and Liit. Brisa he'd not seen for some time but Liit even more so - was the mare dead? Perhaps she'd left Helovia in search of a different life. The Bloodskald didn't know. Shaking his head to dislodge the many ricocheting thoughts, he focused on his mark and projected his voice with a cool, calm, but welcoming demeanor.

"Hail! I am Torleik, of the World's Edge. Who might you be?"

@[Lilac]

OOC: One note - we do require that all posts be at least 250 words every time. Yours was close, coming in at 243, but didn't quite meet the required baseline. As a junior admin, thought I would let you know before another admin might take notice and give any kind of warning!

Table by Jen
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Resplendence was finally beginning to feel the rest. Her bones no longer ached and her mind wasn't hazed. Aye, sleep had been minimal the past season - with the worry filling her as they looked for Rue. Thankfully, she had survived and her daughter was well. So, for today she was going to travel to the Threshold, to try and help out some lost traveler.

Valiance flew ahead of her - taking in the sights and sounds and relaying different messages along the trail toward the deeper parts of the threshold. It was a long day, the sun beginning to fall and Res's maroon glitter was trailing out behind her. Occasionally, the sunset would cast a light onto the glitter which would cause it to glint, but due to Res's lack of complete ease there was no bright pink glow to accompany it. After all, she wouldn’t want to draw attention to herself - at least not when she wasn't sure who exactly would be before her.

Alas, it was Valiance who heard the sound of a female voice nearby. Carefully he turned to pull Resplendence in that direction. She followed with ease, pulling up just after the dark stag did. Her eyes lingered across him - pulling at the memories just after the World's Edge invasion from the Basin and Foothills. Aye. Was that him? Perhaps. He gave his name, and that of the World's Edge. Apparently he had decided to take up residence inside the misty walls when her herd had evacuated, no longer wishing to be under the control of the Moon Goddess.

She gave a gentle nicker, to alert the pair, before Valiance swooped down to perch on a low hanging branch. He flared his wings - showing off his feathers and swishing his feathered tail. Talons easily clung to the bark and the fin-like structures upon his head stood up in a regal show (always showing off, he was). "Hello to you both," she begins, offering a gentle bow of her head to both of those within her presence. "I am Resplendence, of the Hidden Falls, and that-" she carefully tosses her head up toward Valiance as he gives off a few clicks to draw attention, "-is Valiance. Might we be of any assistance?"

There is a gentle smile which rests upon her maw, eyes calm as the glitter continues to pool around her feet. No, it's not glowing yet, but if all were to go well then she might be able to actually feel calm.

Hi :D
I saw that there was a Falls tag on here last night but was too tired to post XD
And I couldn't resist having another Torleik thread :D
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love