the Rift

SHADOWPLAY ✽

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Silence.

It envelopes you like the chill of winter, colder and colder, more still. You were suddenly aware of the ringing in your ears, the deafening sound of nothing; the gloomy haze whispering of the colors of dawn permeating the sky, the trees, the softness of the grass, just beyond the blackness of your eyes. The dryness in your mouth, the ache in your bones, the throbbing thought – a sense of urgency to find something, something that you couldn’t place – floods into your groggy consciousness, becomes too much and before long staying in that dreamless world that you had been lost to seems like sanctuary. Eyelids squeeze tighter; your mind desperately reaching for the emptiness that exhausted sleep brought you now. But it is fruitless, and the void next to you sends you in to a start though you know it is always there, vaulting your mismatched, heavy, heavy eyes open, your breath spilling from you as if you had held it for a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand years: "Nivos." And what’s to say you hadn’t?

It had felt like it, with days stretching for an eternity and the nights twice as long, your heart an empty room and your head so full of dreams ( nightmares ) that you couldn't forget. You shift in the tangled mess of your doll-hair, still sweet with the smell of the ocean, of rain, of tears, sorrow. Trembling, you pull yourself to your feet, somehow laden with the weight of the scattered pieces of your world hidden within the shadow of your heart, and force yourself forwards, skin of riverstone pricking against dawn’s chill. Almost idly you watch as the trees pass by, ears twitching to the sounds of bird-song, the rustling of autumn-choked leaves, and the soft thrum of your hummingbird heart. No longer utterly silent, but filled with the quiet hums of life as the morning breaks, it is impossible to feel completely alone, and you relish in the subtle change.

Sea and earth eyes trace the skeletons of the mountains, their spines, white and bare, pressed so tightly to the newborn sky through the breaks of red and gold. When had it been, the last time you had seen such things, felt the crunch of leafs beneath your feet, breathed in their sharp scent, felt the closeness of the trees? You cannot guess. And that, in itself and for a moment, is enough to forget yourself, the numbness that has sunk into your core. Your lips fold in to a madonna smile, your body moving through the slits of cool sunlight with a grace that had been lost to you when you decided to run.

You had always been a dancer; your body lean and supple, elegant in its own right and refined, your legs long, long as shadows. Your brother had been the same, taller, but you had taught him the grace that came naturally to you, spent hours chasing a perfection neither of you would ever know. You had taught him to dance, and he had taught you to sing. You were never any good at it, but he smiled all the same. You laugh almost bitterly at the face stitched to the back of your eyelids, sliding to stop as quickly as you had begun, sides heaving and legs shaking, subtle as an earthquake. Even through your ragged breathing noise catches in your ears, and you pirouette easily, pulled from the infections memories, torn from the something that you had felt here. Gathering yourself, you stand tall as you can, head tilted slightly upwards, lips curling into a small, vacant smile. "Who’s there?" A bird’s wing on the window, but a challenge nonetheless, filled with a feigned bravery.

* open~! but bruh, this post. i apologize for all the babble, it's late and i really couldn't figure out how to stop. XD

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

Catch my gaze, I dare you.

Dawn broke over the land, golden orbs watched the rising colours, enjoying the first hints of warmth that hit the land. Elegant strides carried her supple body through the trees while her griffin soared ahead. Winter glided through the sky, her wings brushing the highest tips of the trees before she dived down and landed a few meters in front of the doe. Arah paused, listening for the call of her bonded companion, however a voice called out through the hush of The Threshold. It was a feminine tone and the doe tilted her head to the side, listening carefully. Eventually she worked her way through the brush and stumbled upon the younger tiny mare. It was clear that she was young and stood much shorter that Arah. Smiling welcoming, Arah glanced over to her companion who was perched in a nearby tree watching the events unfold. "Sorry, did Wynter startle you?" At the sound of her name the griffin dropped out of the tree and came to a soft landing next to her mistress. The bonded creature was prone to stirring up trouble whenever she could and enjoyed getting the drop on others.

A soft chuckle sounded from the doe's lips, a smile tipping up the edges of her lips. The mare had the look of a new comer, by now Arah could pick them out with ease. "You seem a little lost? Perhaps I can point you in the right direction?" The offer was sincere and made in an effort to make up for the fact that Wynter may be responsible for starling the poor creature. Eyes darted back towards her bratty companion, who seemed quite pleased with herself ruffling her feathers in enjoyment. "I apologise for Wynter. She's quite the trouble maker." Sighing at the griffin Arah bent down and quietly whispered to her bonded. "Féin a iompar." With a final sigh Arah returned her attention back to the younger female, waiting politely for a reply. After a moment she turned back to The Threshold, studying the very first land that she had encountered upon arriving at Helovia. It was here that her journey had first began, here that she had first began the journey that made her who she was today. Perhaps the same amazing thing would happen for this young one. Or perhaps it would only be a short trip, one that came to a close with her leaving this magical land.

"My name is Arah. I come from the herdland known as Aurora Basin." Returning her gaze back to her younger companion, the smile still tugging at her lips. "What should I call you?" Arah inquired softly, her hymn dancing through the air with a gentle grace.

@[Enna]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

While you had expected something, your body poised to run, you had not expected the creature that crashed through the treetops in a white blur with a surprising amount of finesse for its size. In pure shock you stumble backwards, barely managing to keep your footing, eyes wide with wonder and fear. But it doesn’t move, simply watches, and before long you settle in to its presence, curiosity overriding the instinct of danger. As you open your mouth to speak the sound of another approaching steals your attention, your head snapping towards the face of another girl. She materializes before you like a ghost, from nothing but the stardust lingering in the air, beautiful and pure. Before you have time to think you smile, shaking your head as the girl speaks, naming what you assume to be the white creature peering down on the both of you. As the winged white descends, you keep a keen eye on all of its subtle movements, half marveling at the gold laced through its feathers, its sheer size, the blueness of those eyes, the easiness between the two. She laughs, and your smile deepens despite yourself, despite the questions bubbling at the back of your mind, your apprehension.

She speaks of direction, and beneath the white waterfall of your hair your thin shoulders shrug, lips pursing in thought, for once. You hadn’t thought about it, not since you truly did get lost. Since then it had been running, aimless wandering, too absorbed in your own grief to notice much else, too absorbed to care. “I don’t even know where I’ve been going.” You murmur, half-heartedly, half with an exhaustion that you could feel to the marrow of your bones. ’I apologize for Wynter. She’s quite the trouble maker.’ “It’s alright. She’s beautiful.” You’ve half a mind to ask more, to prod, but politeness keeps your tongue in check, trusting it as something the other didn’t want to talk about. You watch as she bends, examining the crown upon her head, the elegant lines of her face, the way her muscles bend and the reverberation through the rivulets of hair draped along her neck. Mismatched eyes follow her own, bursting like sunflowers as she looks back to you, then around to the trees encircling the both of you so close, almost expectant. You wonder if she feels the same ensnarement that this forest had held over you, only moments before.

Even you could tell that there is something different about this place, something that had made you forget, if only for the fraction of a second. She speaks again, the sound lilting, soft, and you cannot hide the excitement that blooms on your face at the mention of a herd. In your life by the sea it had been your little family, just the four. Your Ama had told you of things such as this girl of silk speaks, but you hadn’t ever, ever seen anything like it. “Enna. I'm Enna.” Your weight shifts, eyes glancing to the winged white standing by her side. “What is your home like? Are there any others?” Palpable as your excitement is, it is tempered by the slightest tinge of nervousness, the fear of ridicule. “And, I’m sorry, but what is she? I’ve never seen anything like her before.”

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

Catch my gaze, I dare you.

The doe senses the apprehension in the other girl, so she smiles warmly in an attempt to sooth any worries. After admitting that she has no idea where she been heading, Arah laughs. It is a musical sounds, something soft and gentle to fit her stature. "I guessed as much." Another chuckle tumbles from her lips. As they speak of Wynter the griffin puffs her feathers proudly, always aware and soaking in all the praise she could get. Seriously, both Arah and Wynter had such different personalities, it was surprising that they got on so well. At Arah's warning to behave, the griffin defeats slightly and turns her back on her mistress choosing to watch the small girl instead.

Brat.

As always.

Introductions are passed, the doe smiles at the girl. "Enna." The doe tests the name and how it feels upon her tongue. Nodding happily she ponders who to answer the girls questions. "We are lead by the very capable Deimos and Ophelia." Thoughts turn towards describing the beauty of her home instead of the ones who lead it. "We live in the coldest parts of the land but it is beautiful and we do manage to keep warm." It was a worry she first had when The Basin had been introduced to her, Arah had even wondered if she would be able to survive in the cold. As it turned out the cold had never been a serious threat to her life...the inhabitants and her enemies where what caused her pain in the end. "We are a strong herd." The assurance was slightly hollow, you were always safe within the borders of any herdland. She eyed the girl now, wondering if she was cut out for the sometimes trying life within Helovia. The doe had been innocent when she had first arrived, not anymore. The girl turned the subject back to Wynter, the smile returned to Arah's face.

"Wynter is a griffin. She was found while still in her egg by a turtle elder." Moving slowly, Wynter weaves her way through Arah's legs. "Our souls are bound together, a bond that can not be broken." Except by death but what was the point in going there on a day like today. "Anyway, if you do not have a final destination perhaps you could come visit The Basin? Decide if you like it and mayhaps you'll wish to stay...?" The offer was genuine and kind, an option for safety even if just for a short while.

@[Enna]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

She laughs.

I guessed as much.’ She laughs, and although it is a pleasant sound, pianissimo and much like the sea scrambling amongst the shore, comforting, you feel slighted. You shift uncomfortably, dropping your gaze for half of a second as you feel a cool energy seeping through your skin. Were you that transparent? You had never been good at lying, and though you had never had to pretend to be happy before, it was just a given, you thought you had been doing fine in the brief time since she had come. The white creature turns to you and you smile, eyes returning to the girl as she says your name, begins speaking of those things that she knows.

Your spine tingles at the mention of cold, something that once more you had never had to truly deal with. Your Ama had told you of snow before, stories of places that you had never been, places you had never thought to be. You had always thought that you would stay in those caves by the sea, where you had spent your childhood. It wasn’t even a thought back then, it simply had been. So while you had longed for the winter and the snow and things you couldn’t know, you never expected to need the courage to leave your home.

You had never truly even wanted it.

Wind-chime voice sounds and your attention is pulled back to the lily-white girl, brows furrowing at the mention of the creature’s species, turtle elders, bonds. You hadn’t ever heard of any of these, and in truth, they asked more questions than they answered. But she’s off again, and an excitement sparks in your veins. “I would like that very much.” Nevermind that you just met her, or the bittersweet anxiousness blossoming in your chest; the things that you had before were lost, your idealisms shattered. With a breath you nod, waiting for her to lead the way.

* i supposed we can end here. i'll make a thread in ab for acceptance and what not. if this isn't okay please let me know~