the Rift

[PRIVATE] secrets of the deep

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

I heard a whispered dream of you</style>

on the silver waves of the foamy sea</style>

"Ampere."

Seafoam stains white on the mare's blue ears, tendrils of whispers and promises of secrets told tomorrow, today, yesterday, forever- the ocean does not care.

In the deep there is no passage of sun and moon, no pitiful measurement of fluctuating worth against the constant rotation of heaven. Judgment, this is what the Gods cast from their pillars in the sky, the right they think they have gained from immortality, from power which is not theirs.

She laughs at their quarrels, or she would if she cared. But the ocean does not care.

"Ampere."

In the deep there is pressure, and cold, and dark, and in the deep there is her.

She has heard the song played by the strings of Ampere's heart, and it has intrigued her. In the deep she rumbles, and the ocean shifts, though the ripples which make it to the surface of the sea are imperceptible, incomprehensible, to any merely mortal eye.

With cold fingers she reaches for her quarry, her prey. Seafoam pours into orifice and skin, drowning organs, dousing fire, surrounding and savoring the quick-pulsing brain. There is a broken quality to the mare, and she is ready to devour it, extinguish weakness and replace it with cool, clean sea.

She is merciless; she does not judge.

She is the fifth god, the first demon, the last angel, the Leviathan.

And she is beautiful.

"Come to me, Ampere."

She instructs. She commands.

And the mare is helpless to do anything but obey, following, falling, into the fathomless deep.

The mare finds that she is not drowning, for she has not willed it to be so.

"Welcome, Ampere."

She is the only light in the darkness, and her visage is as terrible and beautiful as the treacherous sea. She extends, more vast than anything the mare could begin to comprehend.

She is flickering stars in an ocean of black, stars which spin in dizzying, seductive patterns, until they have rearranged into a singular form. She chooses the figure from the blue mare's mind, letting her prey - her guest - mold reality, projecting herself for greatest effect. She takes from Ampere everything she wants, desires, and makes it into silvery flesh, irresistible and cold.

She is beautiful, painfully so. Strong. Seductive. She glitters with power and water and sex. Whatever it is Ampere most wants, needs, she will be, for she is everything and nothing, can fill any space and fulfill any need. She smiles at the mare, and the smile is dazzling, demanding, comforting, flawless- but there is no true love in it, for the ocean does not care.

"Ampere," she whispers, her voice soft and inviting, waves lapping gently at a golden shore. "Won't you stay, forever, with me?"

She reaches out to caress the mare, running the length of her body along blue neck and flanks, nibbling and kissing, her touch the only warmth in the inky deep- and the mare has never been held like this, trapped by the endless, opulent sea.

It is a delicious cage, but a cage nonetheless, for the mare is only alive at her whim, and never has a mistress been more fickle than the sea.

[Ampere]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

Her name bobs through the dark of her thoughts, like a buoy adrift, always staying above whether in storm or calm. Each time its called, it's like the buoy is washed over by the always comforting lighthouse glow, a quiet reminder of the hope that lingers even in the places we cannot always see.

Hope, or a warning?

Her lashes flutter, so heavy as they try to lift. She rouses as her name continues to beat out a song, the ringing of that buoy's bell as its rattled back and forth. "Mmfff," she mutters, groggy and with it, reluctant. "Why," she wants to ask of whoever is calling for her, why are you calling, why are you here, why is it so... heavy? She blinks, then stiffens, eyes widening into blue which the rest of the blue immediately drowns out. She makes to back up, but where her legs thrash there is only water, which spills effortlessly away from the assault, then flows right back in. Snug, but cold, the depths hold Ampere, not letting her sink, but neither letting her rise.

Captivated.

That's the word that best explains Ampere as her seeing eyes finally see that whom has called her over and over, perhaps who has always called her in these depths. The beauty that greets Ampere is so stunning she can't describe it, and her heart hurts for it, to know that nothing like this could ever exist again. In front of her was everything that Ampere had ever felt, ever wanted, ever needed. This, this entity of all was what Ampere saw and others seemed to be unable to, what Ampere fought for while others fought against. This, oh this was beautiful not just in its staggering appearance of both impossible magnitude and incomparable exquisiteness, but even on principle alone this was so elegant and complex that it broke Ampere up even witness it.

Her glorified agony was interrupted by silver darts that rushed past her. Startled, Ampere turned, watched as glittering fish spun around her, drawing trails of sterling currents that made Ampere laugh in wonder and delight. They drifted close to her and she leaned out, trying to catch one in her teeth, but it wriggled free. In its absence The Whale came, running along her with a caress that should have startled Ampere, but she melted into the giant embrace, because it was tender, it was comforting, it was the love that Ampere had always been looking for it and it felt so much better than anything ever had up there. This was easy, and it didn't hurt- all of that should have in and of itself been alarming, because Ampere knew better than anyone that things had to hurt sometimes in order to feel good, except now that they didn't, she forgot, or she chose not to notice. Either way Ampere leaned into The Whale as she pressed up against her, and there Ampere was content to stay forever, folded into love and temptation until she suffocated, a smile on her face.
"Can I?" she asked in response to the query, unfazed by the bubbles that drifted from her mouth as she spoke, or the way the water did not seem to muffle the sound. All Ampere noticed now was The Whale and her all encompassing gifts.

Meanwhile, where Ampere really drifts on sand and sea, where the herd had stood and chains had been slapped but not broken, she did not see the look of Gaucho's departure. She did not see him turn off the light, however gently it was done. A lighthouse gone dark, or just empty while the shore sits in tide, waiting for a new bulb and a new need?

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
a M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.