the Rift

[OPEN] Awaken

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Even though the earth was thawing and mud squelched between toe and sod, your body couldn't help but shiver in anticipation while the sun began to peek over the tree lines. It had been far to long since you had been able to rest your weary head back on familiar ground, and even longer since you had been in contact with any Helovians. The same murky red eyes stared off toward the slowly approaching sunset, but only black could be seen from behind puffy black lids from your left side. It was all your fault though you know, that the woman struck out at you so quickly; you've always been a little on the creepy side, lingering in the background and hesitating to speak. That's a little strange. Leaving you with a bruised cheek and black eye - not to mention the clump of thick hair she tore off of your shoulder in one bite - she hadn't even given you a chance to apologize for approaching her and the child without warning.

'Tsk tsk.' we scold, waving a single dry, flaking finger at you like a child.

The white fox straddled your spine, curled up in what you can only imagine would be an uncomfortable position with one arm slung over a scrawny shoulder and the other tangled in the mess of black hair on your neck. She breathed heavily into your mane, large ears twitching and paws flexing in her sleep while you stood motionless in the snow-dusted pasture. She was exhausted after such a long trip, both mentally and physically. Afterall, it's hard to babysit a freak like yourself. There were countless nights of pacing and whining for the poor young fox, many of them that you had wished and prayed to not wake up from.. but all the while, Ouija watched your nostrils flutter and felt the pain lift off of your bodies every night.

It's not fair to the child to make her feel your pain and agony.. to make her feel the lack of emotion and cold, distant thrum of a loveless heart. Of course she knew you love her, but the love of a companion is not the same as the love of your own family, of your own blood.

Often we would find you thinking about the boy and wondering where he was. Was the woman who took him in still there to care for him when no one else would? How many nights had he spent alone before someone realized that there was in fact a child alone in this world? And here you are, once again alone and without your only child all because of your selfish decisions.

Ouija winced and twitched hard, your emotions nearly stirring her from her much deserved nap. Silently you dropped your head between your shoulders, maroon traced ears laying back comfortably in your curly mane. The sun continued to rise over the quiet meadow and began painting the sky deep orange and red while a few pink watercolor-like clouds drifted through the air. Sluggish birds chirped at dawn's arrival, their bellies small and hungry after the long night. The sun finally crested the hillsides, welcoming you back with art that only the Earth God could create himself. But still while you stand and stare at the wondrous canvas of Helovia before you, you still can't help but feel empty; a hallow shell ambling on through the day with nothing to do but waste another beings' time.

Dark brows furrow, a sharp pain splitting through your head while you try so hard to ignore the throb in your wounded eye. Instead of the intended sigh, an uncomfortable groan rumbles in your throat and your clear eye pinches shut to close out the masterpiece in the sky.

'Why did you even come back here?'

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices.'
OOC: It's not much, but here it is, they're back.

Image by Nicole-Studios @ DA
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Hunger had driven us to find something a little more substantial than a few measily dry shrubs that littered the Dragon's Throat, the desire for something different to taste pushing us deeper into the mainland of Helovia. It wasn't exactly a quick journey, and Pongo certainly didn't appreciate the roadtrip given by the frustrated emotional wave he would share with me every now and then. But he certainly wasn't complaining about the variety of vegetation that managed to survive Frostfall, and the thawing snow was just starting to show fresh growth that he greedily gobbled up. A couple times I would scold him, making sure he would leave enough for the plants to continue growing lest we'd all be starving next year. "Don't worry, we're almost there, Pongo." The bongo only rolled his eyes with a look that said 'Yeah, like I haven't heard that one before...'

As the ground began to soften beneath our hooves and the sun began to rise, his mood started to lift enough for him to playfully leap about, splashing mud and slushy snow into the air. His antics brought a smile to my face, an amused chuckle escaping my lips in a hushed tone. Realizing that we were in the Thistle Meadow, I began to shovel away at some of the snow that topped the earth to reveal some of the new grass. I always kept an eye on my companion while I grazed, but I was so grateful for the increased in food that I swear my stomach grumbled with pleasure.

While I was watching Pongo play, occassionally nudging him to keep moving forward, I was caught off gaurd when he came to an abrupt stop. His large doe-like eyes were focused on a figure in the distance, large ears honed in to any little sounds that carried across the meadow. Suddenly, his playful demeanor became much more reserved as he closed in the distance towards my side. Following his gaze, my own scarlet eyes settled on an unfamiliar stallion, noting the spiralled horn atop his crown and something white laying on his back. "Easy Pongo, perhaps he is coming to eat as well."

Pongo wasn't so sure, waiting for me to step in front of him so he could hide before following after me. From beneath my lengthy forelock, I kept a weary eye on the stranger, having learned my lesson years ago to be careful around stallions, be it a stranger or friend. When I approached the ebony and maroon beast, I realized that the strange puff of white on his back was some sort of fox. But when my gaze traveled down to his shoulder, my auds flicked forward with curiosity, brushing against my silver crown. I stopped a short distance away from the pair, feeling Pongo duck his head beneath my belly to eye them. With my crown tilted just slightly to the side, friendly yet nervous words slipped into the air. "Hello, sir...Are, er...Are you alright? I don't mean to be rude, but I noticed your shoulder...Um, I'm a healer for my herd."
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.