Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
now sing it like a hummingbird, the greatest anthem ever heard

It was time.

Well, to be fair, it was past time, but it seemed to be one of those things—he didn't see Torleik for a while (patrols, having a life, recruiting—you name it), or he just plain didn't feel like it, or he contemplated throwing himself off the cliff and leaving the Black King to deal with it, or he was busy chasing Nyx on a dark night, or.. pretty much anything.

So, calling the herd together hadn't gotten done, and he was still in the dark about who they even lived with.. what that remained of the previous inhabitants—things he had to tear down for his own peace of mind, signs of Mirage to smash, and, and—

It was a restless fire burning in his chest, flickering and eating away... Licking along the edges of his conscious mind—I have a heart—and slowly reshaping whatever glacier that lay thick and dormant in his soul.

But now, it was finally time, and it was time for all of the Edge to know their new regency—the Black King and the White Queen.

Because by the stars he was tired of being a "King". Being a Queen was so. Much. Better.

Oh, and fuck the moon.

"World's Edge!" he cried into the snowflakes and the trees, the chilling fog creeping between bare trunks and crawling over the unbroken expanse of snow as the sun came up above the horizon—rays of light striking the topmost layer of crystals and setting the whole world a-glitter,

and he's reminded of the love he holds for this season. "Gather, for our first Thing!"

And his light, clear voice rang through their home, pulling at bones, whispering in souls, and even if they could not hear him they would know in their hearts that they had been called—and he stood there, illuminated by the pale rising sun, and waited.

[ Mandatory herd meeting for the Edge herd! Because it's too far back for me to comfortable back-date to when we were newly elected this happens now, so any member who joined or started their Threshold threads before June 1st may participate :) If you're still in the Threshold but intent on joining the Edge, please PM myself or Red/Torleik and we'll work it out for you!

Please try to keep posts shorter than 500 words. Next round starts on Saturday, 6th. If you are not absent nor have discussed a plausible reason with myself and/or Red and fail to post before the meeting is over, you will be moved to Outcast. Thank you! <3 ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

She is a hunk of quivering flesh, shivers racking her body as she prowls through the snowbound Edge. Frost highlights each curve of her horn, a gentle white dust crests her eyelids and her ebony locks are accentuated by silver snow-strands. Icy crystals glimmer on her back, lending her the ethereal, unearthy shine of steel.

By her feet, Dominus fares far better in the cold. His thick mane insulates him, and his wide paws balance him atop the snow. Whilst Nyx sinks into it up to her fetlocks, he moves above it, gliding like an angel of death across the surface. Snowflakes dance in his fur and he is almost invisible against the frozen ground, white on white. The fog shrouds him further, a cloak of shadows and lies cast about his figure.

The silver soldier prefers winter to summer, if she truly had to choose, but as her muscles twitch with wracking shivers and a rivulet of snowmelt runs down her shoulders, she suddenly craves the all-engrossing heat of summer. Of course, if it was summer she would be lamenting about how much she missed snow - she was a fussy little madam, make no mistake. She moves through her home just to keep warm, unwilling to stop or rest for fear she will freeze where she stands. Even as the rising sun gives a hint of blessed warmth, she keeps moving.

A stallion's cry rips the tight, chilly air around her and she tilts her ears towards it, neck arching and nostrils flaring to locate his position. King Mauja. A meeting; it had been a while since their last one, she supposes, and she's sure there's much to discuss. The stormheart picks her way across the snow with an expression wrinkled with disgust, before sculpting her features into neutrality as she arrives in front of her king. "Queeny," she greets, her icy gaze flickering wickedly as she flashes her spotted battle-buddy a wink.

[ SHE'S ELECTRIC ]

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart
It had been quite some time since Mauja and Torleik had taken to ruling the Edge and a great deal longer that they’d thought to make it official. During said time I was allowed a moment to accept my loss and congratulate the future of the World’s Edge. I’d also had time to do numerous other things… and another surplus of things after that. How long before the Kings surveyed their followers and how long before they named new ranks and new titles? It appeared they’d all but forgotten us until this day, so much so that I was almost glad to hear their summons lifted above the frigid winter breeze.

It was an unusual sound that didn’t sit quite right with me, but I knew that it would become a voice that I would accept in time. I assumed that I’d grown too comfortable with Kaj and Kahlua, and Archibald even, but it was also a notion that spurred me to want more than I’d had. I wanted greatness for the World’s Edge. I wanted the notoriety that Mirage had left behind… and I believed that these Kings could do it. However, their partnership was still rightfully amusing to me… and something that I’d not soon consign to oblivion.

With Sabine struggling to grapple at my mane whilst fluttering about between my shoulder blades, I followed the beaten path that would soon lead me to the first meeting hosted by our newest patriarchs. Already the icy grip of FrostFall had plagued the Edge and delivered a fair amount of snow, though not enough to completely blanket the forest floor. I was often at a disadvantage in the summer due to my heavier build, but winter allowed me certain reprieve. My coat had grown shaggy and thick over the path few weeks and my mane was enough to protect the young Zephyr I guarded.

When at last my eyes found the stolid figure of Mauja the FrostHeart, I bellowed a lengthy greeting of arrival. It had been some time since I’d responded so quickly to the gathering of any herd, but I was content to blame it on my own sense of curiosity. I wanted to know what these unfamiliar monarchs had concocted in order to remedy the shattered bones of their kingdom. When distance allowed, I nodded to the silver warrior with the icy stare and then to Mauja himself. “It appears you’re missing your second,” I smiled. It was not a sentiment delivered with malice, but more of an attempt to bridge whatever waters kept us apart.

We both wanted the same thing after all.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Cold. Blast cold. Curse cold.

The elephant was plodding along, sinking in the snow, leaving large hoof-prints to mark where he had been. His trail was left along the edges of the Edge- though he left some room between him and the drop off, uncertain if the cliffs would hold his weight.

Silvered buckskin coat had grown longer and thicker than it had ever been. But it was still no match for the cold. He was not meant a cold weather creature, despite his size. But thank goodness for his size- for that bulk and insulation is what kept him warm enough to not leave.

Ears flick towards the call of a familiar voice- it must be Mauja. “‘First Thing?’” What a technical and specific summoning. Grouchy thoughts drift through the white, and he turns his mass to walk towards the meeting.

He knew if he cantered- or at least trotted- it would warm him up. He snorted contrarily to the thought, then picked up the slowest of jogs. Luckily his large size meant long strides, or he might have not gotten to the meeting until next year.

Approaching that two already gathered, he saw a tall, slender mare of striking black and white shivering next to a lion. He also saw another titan- it seemed large stallions were aplenty here- with a coat so shaggy that he felt warmer just looking at it. “What I’d give to have your coat, good man,” his deep rumble lacked the good nature that normally accompanied all his words. Indeed, his face, also, lacked the humor and good-will that usually warmed it.

He stopped his jog next to the shivering mare- unconsciously sharing his great bulk and radiating heat with her. Though he did not do it purposefully, misery attracts misery. A thick layer of white snow blanketed his broad back and sat at the base of his thick horn. He nodded a greeting to Mauja and the mare, and waited.

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
The Edge had been quiet since the transition, though that was in part Alysanne’s fault. She had, perhaps, made herself a little too scarce. She had felt lost and uncertain, uninterested in putting her name in with the others to be considered a Lead and uncertain as to whether a decision had been made at all. Who was in charge of deciding who was right and who was wrong? Did he Moon Goddess have any say? But now, in the chill of early winter, there was a call that roused her and Hemlock as they dozed.

Recognizing the note behind that call, she did not waste any time in following it.

She looked for Arty and Naerys along the way, wondering where the two might be, but perhaps she would see them there. Trudging along through the snow, she worried that she would arrive at the meeting and not recognize anyone but her fear soon passed when Hemlock, swooping down to alight atop her head, told her that Thor was already there. She relaxed - since Thor and Evangeline had accompanied her back to the Edge she had felt a new kinship with the pair. They were still practically strangers but the fact that they had shared in her reaction to the business in the Falls had caused her to feel fond of them. So she gravitated toward Thor, standing near him though conscious to leave space beside him so that Evangeline could stand with him if she wished. She offered him a small smile, before turning to look to the unicorn that he addressed.

“Are you our new king then?” She asked, her interest evident as it seemed she had missed the announcement, everyone else that was here seemed to know already. But he was a stranger to her, the large white and black stallion. She spoke with kindness as she continued, working through her uncertainty and hoping that it did not show. “Welcome to the Edge.” What a silly thing to say, but although she felt a little ridiculous because no one else was introducing themselves. “My name’s Alysanne, I was a healer in the Edge before the Invasion.” Well as ridiculous she felt she did not want to be rude, stand in a crowd as a strange face even if he wasn’t the king. He hadn’t been here while she lived in the Edge, she was sure of that. Maybe they all already knew each other? The unicorn mare she recognized from their flight from the Edge at the coming sickness that was infecting everyone, but there were other, unfamiliar faces. How new was this herd going to be? Would it be a fresh batch of faces and ideas, a fresh start? She hoped so.

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

So much had changed in the time she was living here. It seemed as if the world had begun to end after her first birthday. Her beloved home had chosen to abandon ship (well, most of the members), and succeeded in taking over a new land. It pained her to see such an awful thing to happen, so much so she couldn't follow suit, even if she didn't really like the Moon Goddesses previous actions. So she had remained, hiding in the shadows and keeping to herself, attempting to cope with the change and seeking solace in her two boys; Cerin and Vincent. They always seemed to know how to make her feel better.

At last she had returned to her homelands, the bitter chill of Frostfall assaulted her spotted complexion and leaving her frigid with each step, sleek limbs taking delicate steps through the crunchy snow as she attempted to combat the fog. This was her first winter alone, and in Helovia, and it was something that was hard for her to get used to. She had had mother to keep her warm at night, but now she was simply alone, shivering so much until she finally passed out from exhaustion, or finding someone to bunk with for the night. It was depressing for her, and it made her wish every day that things would go back to the way they were.

Suddenly a familiar voice trickled into her ears, causing her to look up suddenly and to stand still. Mauja was still here; but why? She didn't take too much time to think, as she began to run, wings flapping in excitement and also nervousness as she went to find her new friend. Before she knew it she was skidding to a halt before a group of horses, snow coming up in large clouds before her hooves and spraying forward. She blinked, before ducking her head apologetically and turning to finally find Mauja. She grinned happily at him, her silky tail swishing cheerfully as she trotted forward to greet him. Only when she heard Alysanne's words did she pause, turning to her quickly with a confused expression, before finally looking back to the spotted man.

"Mauja, is this true? Are you our new King?" she asked softly, voice slightly deeper now thanks to puberty, but the nonetheless a gentle alto in the chilly breeze. Her ears pricked forward as she focused only on him, head tilting slightly as she waited patiently for an answer to her question.

"Speech"

OOC: Hello all <3
TAG: Herd
WC: 419

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Things were looking up, no matter how small the angle. Any upward movement would be embraced, so she stuck around. The two kings weren't entirely against her staying, that was at least a small incline. Majua called out again, and she was beginning to think of him as the loudmouth. It wasn't a bad quality per se, but that didn't make him any less loud. A group seemed to assimilate into a ball then. Each individual trickling in to gather around the two kings. Elsa opted for the fringes, still unsure of where she sat on the welcome scale. Everyone that had gathered at the present moment, she did not know. Only one spoke their name was the one called Alysanne. It was odd being in a gathering of strangers.

For some reason, she had at least expected one familiar face to return. Rostislav, Kiara, December, Cashmere.. Oxy. Someone. Yet instead she was drowning in a sea of strange faces and scents. There was not a shred of home... her past.. left. A knot formed in her throat, choking her for a moment before releasing. She had to let go, if they truly wanted her, they would come back. Someone would come. Edgar to shifted uncomfortably on her head, the lack of social interaction was wreaking havoc on his mental state. Lets just hope that this meeting brings some friendships, or at least acquaintances, into fruition. Otherwise, they would truly be back at square one, and that square was not easy to get out of.

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

SNÖ</style>
  what did they aim for when they missed your heart?</style>

Snow crunched under her cloven hooves as the icy girl wandered through the forest that she'd grown up in. It was all so different, so grown up, with different smells and a totally different feeling than what she had remembered. Snö had yet to meet any of the herd since Torleik extended his invitation of a home to her; she hadn't even gone to search for Mauja and inform him that she would be living there. Her white and chestnut tail brushed against her sides as she walked, brushing away the snow that clung to her shaggy winter coat.

"World's Edge! Gather, for our first Thing!"

Snö stopped and turned, her ears tilted forward as she listened to the voice that was all too familiar. "Thing." She snorted, rolling her blue eyes as she began her trek to where she remembered the herd meetings being held when she was a child. She'd crashed through quite a few of them with Monster hot on her heels in their never ending game of chase. As she thought of the black dog she frowned and her heart quivered because she missed the stupid mutt more than anything. More than her mother and more than her father.

As she arrived she looked at the ones that had gathered. Pegasus, unicorn, equine and she was, once again, struck by how different everything was. The only thing that was still the same was the spotted stallion leading the Thing. Rather than move to the front of those that had gathered, Snö lingered in the back, content to silently observe the way the kings interacted with the rest of the mix-matched herd.

"."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart

Ophelia arrived late, having wanted to greet the other herds and ensure her good graces with the other leads after resigning formally from the Aurora Basin. Naturally, her temper had gotten the best of her, Deimos’ words miming the ever dissatisfied Paladin. She had snapped, laughing haughtily at the stupidity of his decision, but if she had stayed in the Basin, she would have not made it to the first meeting of the herds. Perhaps this was fortuitous then. Mauja call had grabbed her attention as she sought Torleik in the trees, musing that there had to be a way to find everything. Honestly, she missed her cave in all its privacy and isolation. Maybe one day she would get used to these trees, but memories, filled with darkness, lived here.

Everyone here was a strange, and she had been the spear point of the enemy for some time. Cautiously, she approached, strange, dual colored eyes dancing wildly among the unfamiliar faces. The pale princess stayed on the edges of the meeting, quiet and unassuming. Torleik had not yet arrived, and thus she had no body to place herself against. She and Elsa had possibly come to an understanding, but they were hardly friends. Sno was here, and Ophelia liked her well enough, but again, they were hardly friends.

Phi had not felt so alone before. Surrounded by nothing but mountains and snow was far more comfortable than this, and she stared down at her hooves, Tinek lounging on her back and grabbing at one of her silver, enchanted charms that was woven in her mane. Mauja called the meeting a thing, and she listened, waiting to hear what information was needed before leaving the strangeness of this new world.

[Awk Phi is awk]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
THROW ME IN A LANDFILL
-- DON'T THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES

silently, her body moves and dances with a delicate rhthym, weight shifting as she ambled towards the meeting called forth by the night and frost, alabaster and deep ebony entwined in heirarchy. she felt the soft pull, familiar and comforting to her as she wove through the towering pines, ancient beings leaning in to forge a well-worn path, twisting and winding through the evergreens. "nos es accersitus."
to her heart's delite, she laid eyes upon the man, the gelu rex rgis, the one she'd met only a time before. she still cherished the unspoken bond, the one she knew even he was not aware of, something sacred to her as she watched gentle flakes catch in the battering lashes of the many gathered. an odd few they were, an unexprected bunch of unique beings, all capable of their own doings. fear welled within her soul, reassured from the curiosity of her nightwing.
approaching one of the few familiar to her, the blessed gives a bow of her porcelain crown, eyes riding up the alabaster features of the rutilus regina, intimidated by the elegance of the woman. a feeling of inferiority consumes her, wrapping her up and tearing away what shred of comfort she had held before, realizing that even this precious lady would fail to recognize the petite crystalline doe, that she had been so insignificant and shut out, left behind while every familiar face she'd grown to see day to day had been torn from her weak grasp post invasion.
how pathetic a sight, something so precious and fragile and no one would even remember her name, the thing she had never spoken to any. it was a name kept locked away, pushed back to the furthest reaches of her broken soul, left to collect dust while she wept tearlessly in the silent nights, frater luna watching over her in her quiet solitude.
moving on, she presents herself to Mauja, gelu rex rgis, she dips her head, murmuring a greeting that felt right rolling from the echoing chamber of her body. "plures nox noctis, frater." she murmurs in greeting, looking up to him with a small smile that barely every surfaced, the silken lavender cape that fell from her shoulders swept over her back, settling there and grazing the ground as she left the ivory to his own thoughts.

for. --
words. 390
notes. --
credit. thanks to seth cohen. at caution.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
T
O
R
L
E
I
K

Black ears flicked back when he heard Mauja's voice boom out to gather for their first Thing and bubbling anger rippled the formerly still, numb surface of his soul. Who the fuck did Mauja think he was to call a herd meeting without bothering to at least inform the Bloodskald about it beforehand? What if he couldn't make it? What if he was away on other business? He did have other things to take care of, loose ends to tie up.

Polkadotted bastard.

Grumbling to himself, still somewhat sore from his most recent spar, Torleik weaved his way through the trees, eyes searching for Ophelia. Her form wasn't hard to spot, and he made sure to pass her, giving a small touch to her shoulder, as he went. Irelyn, banished from his roughed up back for the moment, glided above and settled nearby on the low branches of a tree.

"How magnanimous of you to warn your fellow leader about an impending herd meeting," he growled under his breath, affixing the white queen with a decidedly displeased glare. "Will you be doing all the talking, too?" Words, only for his currently in the shithouse partner to hear, the expression and manner in which he delivered them disappearing from his demeanor as he turned to face their small herd.

And it was small. So few hirdmenn. That was all right. It was better to have a small, tight-knit, active community than some sprawling, diffuse band of roving strangers. Still. A warm pressure strained his heart, thinking that his mother would be so proud to see him now, a leader, a true king.

"Hail, members of the World's Edge! I am Torleik, and I am your king!" The statement was true - Mauja was a damn queen. And it was not his job to announce a ruler who couldn't bother to communicate before a major event.

Table by Jen
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

She had been wandering, to say the least. Vibrant teal eyes examining every inch, noting every nuance in the lay of the World's Edge. The shift in power had shown her that nothing was truly stable. Nothing could stay the same for very long. So she made it a priority to know the land better than anyone else. It was a massive undertaking for one so young, but her determination and persistence would work in her favor. She had been intently studying some of the plants, trying to remember what her mother had taught her about their uses, when a call pierced the quiet air.

The call pulls at her and though she is compelled to follow it, she takes her time. She shifts, shuffling her weight and compels her long legs to carry her dainty form through the chilly fog. Her coat had grown fuzzy again with the onslaught of winter, almost accentuating her youth. The brown and white filly moves slowly through the fog and trees, snorting occasionally at the falling snowflakes to attempt to blow them off course; it never works but that doesn't really stop her from trying. Instead, Naerys presses on until the sound of her mother's voice reaches her ears.

She's late.

She must be. Her mother would have told her if she had been promoted. The fact that her mother is speaking means the meeting has already begun and the new leads have already made their initial announcements. Naerys sighs audibly before picking up the pace. As quietly as she is able she slips in at the back of the crowd, teal eyes quickly spying the black and white form of her mother. As she is about to move forward and stand beside her, another voice booms over the crowd. This one, too, is familiar. The voice causes her to pause in the middle of a step, eyes falling on Torleik - focusing long enough for him to finish. With soft steps and large wings folded tightly against her sides, she moves forward to stand beside Alysanne and follows her example. "I...I'm Naerys. Pleasure to meet you." She bows her head slightly then waits quietly, fighting the urge to move closer to her mother's warmth. Around her hooves - completely unnoticed by the filly - the purple and white flowers begin to grow and bloom, paying no attention to the chill of winter.

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

Mauja. Torliek .

She had heard the names of changes and she didn't know what to make of them. The events of the last few days were a blurr, a haze that she could not concentrate one. She had been secretly protesting currents events with a vehement mind. It was the first time home had changed politically, her first real experience into the life of Helovians. She had never known how much the concept could change. The hills, cliffs, and forests were the same, they were still called the Worlds Edge, but that was all that had remained. All around the young spotted mare were faces she hardly knew and too many of them were strange, converts of the Aurora Basin and possible other outcasts. Yet the strangest of all them all was, ironically enough, one that was familiar. Leeka could not truly say that she knew Mauja but had she met him once, but the moment was hardly remarkable other then the pure awkwardness of it. And here he stood as her King. Funny how things can work out. He had actually been seeking Kahlua then and now he had taken her place as lead. No, he took nothing, just occupied an empty space.

Kahlua had given up her right to lead when they invaded the Hidden Falls, an action, however begrudgingly done, shouldn’t have been taken. They should have stayed, should have stood again the Moon Goddess. Foreign powers shouldn’t dictate their lives like this. Maybe those who stood here now were braver, would understand how she felt. Time would tell. Till then, Leeka lingered near the far back, to uncomfortable to stand near to anyone and gazed up at her new Kings. Well, Torliek really seemed like the only one with true authority. Mauja just seemed to be going along with the ride

________

"Speaking"
Thoughts
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
[ @[Evangeline], @[Glasgow], @[Jahzara]! Sorry everyone for totally obliterating my own word count limit. ]

One by one, they came out of the woodwork. Nyx, calling him Queeny; Thor, noticing Torleik's absence by his side. Tembovu settling next to him, and someone he did not know—a Pegasus mare introducing herself as Alysanne, and asking if he was their new King.

Singular, masculine.

While he nodded to them all in greeting, his snowy shoulders heaved in a kind of shrug at her question. Next was Myrrine, precious, spotty little Myrrine, echoing the sentiment and he offered her the same mystical look without answering.

Because how could he ever stand before this herd, and explain that he was Queen to the core? It seemed impossible, unfathomable, like taking down the stars and handing out like candy for the kids.

Elsa, Snö, and Ophelia all came silently, settling on the edges, little pale creatures to merge with the pale snow—hiding as best as they could while in a crowd.

And with them, everything else came, the whirlwind in his storm yelling in Torleik's voice, and the pain seeping through the cracks in Roskuld's—words about rape and rat bastards and protectors and love, and he wanted his lip to curl. He wanted to snarl, to growl, to start the fucking avalanche from where there would be no going back

But he didn't. He had a duty to the herd. And it killed him, especially when Torleik came out of the backdrop just after that peculiar glass mare had said something he had no idea what the fuck it meant. Torleik, in all his disgruntled, disapproving, insulted glory. Torleik, growling under his voice and staring daggers. Torleik, Torleik, Torleik.

Get the damn stick out of your ass.

He could say a thousand things. Insults. Defense. Explain that he was tired of waiting for shit to happen so he took matters into his own hooves, but, yes, he had bothered to check the borders to make sure the black monarch was around. And no, he wasn't going to go behind anyone's back, merely get to know who the fuck was around and announce what they'd talked about in terms of ranks.

And as those icy blue eyes glowered at his, and he stared back with a benign (though probably more provocative than disarming, given their disposition toward one another) smile, he heard that voice roiling in his head.

"YOU DON'T GET TO TOUCH HER YOU FUCKING SWINE."

“Are you happy to hear now that even though your mother was raped by a god, she still wants you?”

And what did Torleik know of rape? Something in the back of Mauja's eyes hardened as he stared in silence. What did he know of it? Of loving what came of it?

Had he been the one to lie grunting upon their backs as they screamed in pain and denial, attempting to thrust his thickset body off?

Had he been the one reduced to nothing but base instinct, and taken advantage of?

Did he even know what the fuck he talked about?

And through the haze of his anger, that small, damned voice whispered you don't know.

And he didn't. So he had nothing to do but blow that angry fire out, and when he turned his gaze back to the herd it surprised him there was no ice flaking off his body with the movement.

It was how cold he felt, ears not even flicking as Torleik yelled out his rank with the kind of pride that Kings surely out to display, but that Mauja loathed.

Then a little girl looking frightened was there, and a mare he'd met once before, while looking for Kahlua—years ago, probably. He couldn't quite recall her name, or if he'd ever been told it.

"Pleased to meet all of you," he said after a moment, ears, eyes and nose having tried to make sure if there was someone else still approaching from the forest. Right now, though, all was quiet. Next to Torleik's booming pride he would probably seem lesser somehow, smoother and softer, more demure, but fuck that—those who knew him would know him, and those who didn't would get to.

At least he was taller than Torleik.

"I am Mauja, the Queen to his King," and the slight lilt of his voice and the curl of his mouth presented the rank with some kind of subtle self-mockery—the only way he could present it to them, the only way he knew, taking what barbs and daggers they might've made of it and disarming them. "We were the ones chosen by Kahlua and Ophelia to care for this herd.

"We found a shared trait in the language of our homelands, and out of habit we've fallen back on this," he went on, improvising as he went along, trying to figure out what was what and how much he should leave to Torleik. He had, of course, done his best to vouch for Nyx as a capable Einheri, but in the end he had a feeling it was up to the black bastard beside him to decide. Torleik was, after all, their military lead. So he went on with what he knew was safe, the ranks there had not been much question about. "Alysanne, Ayelet, and Evangeline will serve as our Vanir—healers. Thor and Ophelia are Huginn and Muninn—thought, and memory. They will serve as head of intelligence." His black-rimmed ears pointed at them, except Evangeline, because she didn't seem to be there..? Then again, he could be wrong.

"I will leave our military announcements to our King," he said after a moment's pause, his gaze switching to Torleik.

The ball's in your court. And Mauja was curious to see how much he would talk—if there would be anything left for him to say after the black was done.

Whatever. It didn't matter anyway.

[ Next round starts on the 11th (or 12th, depends), if you want to get a post in. Personal choice whether you want to wait for Torleik or not before replying this round (posting order is, of course, a lie). :) Not sure how to handle the rank requests for the healers and Thor.. kinda pretending it somehow would've been known to the leads? like the app meant you let them know, one way or another. :x if anyone disagrees with this please let me know and I'll fix it/we'll work around it. ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Pregnancy hindered Evangeline, leaving her much slower than she would have liked. She had heard the call for the meeting and heeded it, but by the time she waddled into the meeting she could tell that she was one of the last, if not the last to finally arrive. More than anything, Eva hated being late to meetings and was more than just a little disappointed with herself. Still, she remained as quiet as possible as she maneuvered around the ones who had gathered on time for the meeting. Tallis sat perched on her withers, looking around in a manner that suggested that he dared anyone to admonish his larger than average bonded.

She halted as she reached Thor's side. Her neck extended and she touched her muzzle to his shoulder before looking to the two new Edge Kings. "I apologize for being late." she said as she gazed at the white one with black spots. Having missed his introduction along with everything else he'd said she was unable to put a face with a name. The other one, though, she remembered from prior meetings. In the face of hatefulness that he'd experienced when he'd come to marvel at the once magnificent glass wall he'd been patient and she'd been impressed. She had faith that he would be a decent king.

"What did I miss." She whispered as she turned her head back to Thor. "I'd have been here sooner, but your child has slowed me down tremendously." As Eva spoke Tallis watched Thor, nodding his head in agreement that Eva was slower than normal. It was perfectly fine with him, though, because her slower movement meant less jostling while he napped on her back.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G
L
A
S
G
O
W
The fog and mists had been thick, pronounced with a frost in the air that felt as though it could make appendages frozen stiff. It had reminded the destroyed mare much of her homeland. And with that a gentle sigh that passed between scarred lips. Glassy eyes searched the tree line for a path, something, to try and gain her grounds to reach a thing she had heard through the piercing snow. It took a bit before she was actually able to find her way, but nonetheless managed to in the end. Bones were aching and tired, but that was just normal now for Glasgow. She had been able to find her way about this new land, able to catch up on so many meals missed. Her figure still frail but not quite as weak, though it wouldn’t appear to be so.

As she approached, she took note that this thing was a meeting. How interesting. It was at this point she hoped that she wouldn’t be the one to steal attention away from the topics due to her rough and brutal appearance. Although, coming in closer, glassy eyes danced across the crowd to note that there were many different sizes and colorings and types of equines. She found a place near the back, doing her best to stay out of the way. Though the purity of her coat almost had her blend with the mists if it weren’t for the scars. Ears dancing between the different voices as they spoke with the spotted creature she had met after Ophelia upon reaching the Edge. Comforting in the fact that not all the faces were unfamiliar territory. She even spotted Ophelia within the crowd. Then she even heard Torleik’s voice booming across the crowd. So he was the King and Mauja the Queen. Wasn’t that how they introduced themselves to her? Was she perhaps one of the first to know before the entirety of the land? It was at this point she tried to put faces to names; blanking watching as few introduced themselves.

Then Mauja spoke once more. Speaking of those she hadn’t met all of yet and placing their roles. Her eyes danced between the crowd lightly trying to see who it was that these faces were. Before turning her eyes to Mauja and Torleik. ”Congratulations to all of you.” Voice cracking lightly, however loud enough she knew that those could hear her. Eyes then turned onto Torleik to see what it was he was to speak of as another creature entered the circle speaking with a larger creature that had been here before she had arrived. This was by far the most interesting of herd meetings she had ever attended. However, it was slightly comforting.

OOC: --
Image Credit

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
T
O
R
L
E
I
K

[[OOC: Apologies upfront if I miss something or something doesn't make sense. Been sick for a few days and I'm kind of out of it. ty]]

Would that he was privy to the thoughts in the Frostheart's head they might have come to blows right then. Torleik felt no guilt for telling Ophelia's self-centered, bitchy little offspring like it was. A child was a child - not some fragile object to be coddled and shielded from the world forever; and being a demi-god didn't somehow make Roskuld immensely special as to how she could act.

She was a loud-mouthed, explosive, short-sighted, ignorant, self-absorbed little shit, rather like another electricity-laden mare he knew. That one had wings all the time, however, and had even less of an excuse to act like a brat. It was, perhaps, a divine moment that they were busy then and could not fully voice the things snarling in their respectively thick skulls - but almost a shame. For Mauja, in all his self-presumed wisdom, would have learned that the black bastard he so very much loathed currently was acutely aware of what it meant to be directly involved in the violating of another.

That was why it made him so furiously angry that Roskuld treated her mother like shit when the dumb child hadn't even the wherewithal to discover the painful way in which she'd come about - and then realize that despite such trauma, Ophelia still loved her. But Mauja really had no reason to be so uptight about that. He was in no position to be some sort of father figure to anyone.

But none of these verbal exchanges came to pass; no knowledge was shared, no enlightenment garnered. One day this would all come to a head, most likely, but it would not be this day.

Such were the beauty of private thoughts.

Torleik cared not for Mauja's judgement on how he announced himself as king. If the overly sensitive queen took his statement as immensely prideful, let him. It was not. It was irritation mixed with fact: he was the king here and the king was damn annoyed that the queen was calling a meeting without warning. Not because of lack of trust, or because Torleik assumed Mauja would undermine him but because it fucking looked bad if anyone really picked up on the fact that they weren't at least a mostly cohesive unit.

You goddamn moron.

Naerys, the child he'd chanced upon before, said it was a pleasure to meet them and his irritation slowly began to leak away. Demeanor softening, the rabicano smiled and dipped his head. "Hello again, little one," he hummed.

As hot as his temper could run, it burned out quickly though, and Torleik counseled himself that remaining angry was pointless. He hadn't expected this to be smooth, or to even really work, and all things considered they had yet to fall apart and that was a positive. It honestly surprised him Mauja claimed himself the queen and the Bloodskald gazed at his partner in ruling curiously, wondering why the spotted white seemed to cling to that title so fiercely. He would have to ask - but later.

So he set himself to be objective, and found that Mauja competently, succinctly, explained the ranks as they stood for those not in the military. Nice. Effective. It seemed that it was his turn, then, and the Bloodskald found that making an announcement was different than speaking more intimately with a small group. He didn't much like this and would not talk long.

An offered congratulations came through the crowd, from where he could not quite place, and he nodded.

"We are grateful for your support. As Mauja has implied, I will be handling the military aspects of our herd. Elsa will be one of our generals, a forungi in our similar tongue," he said, nodding towards Mauja to indicate, as the Frostheart had, that they did have at least one thing mildly in common. "Nyx is to be an Einheri, a captain. Mauja and I have discussed that we would like multiple forungar - a total of three if we can manage. That leaves two other positions open, one of which is meant specifically for a pegasus, that we might have a military presence in the air. If any of you here are interested in any form of soldier's work, please, let me know. Keeping this herd safe is my priority but I need your help and cooperation to succeed."

The Bloodskald bowed his head briefly and turned back to Mauja. Perhaps Spots would understand that Torleik didn't need to lead as long as they were working together. He had pride, but he wasn't all that pridefull in many ways.

He hoped.

Table by Jen
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
The elephant’s brows raised at Mauja being referred to as “Queen.” He was surprised that the stallion had not been forthcoming with the information of his leadership in the herd. Frowning somewhat at the snowy stud, he then passed his eyes over his new herdmates- nodding his giant head in greeting to any he caught the gaze of. He noticed some hanging at the edges, while others joined in on the group.

He, himself, simply rested a hoof and waited for the hierarchy to make itself known. He wanted to know the order of command before drawing more attention to himself- for his size usually got enough attention. Though, among some of these studs, he was barely the largest. At the appearance of ‘Torleik,’ his new King, he dipped his head lower in greeting and recognition of his announcement of title. Though he watched a quiet exchange between the two leaders sharply, unsure if he saw tension or awkwardness of new leaders adjusting or a combination of the two.

He listened to the appointed healers, then entirely shifted his attention to the mare and foals. Ah but he had such a sad love of foals! He smiles, and drops his face as the mare approaches the hairy stud he was standing near. He does not speak- for it is not yet time for his words- but he nickers a soft hello, eyes warm and face smiling.

Then he listens to Torliek speak, raises his mammoth horned head once more, and finds a time to speak, “I am familiar and good with soldier work,” his low voice rumbled. He considered mentioning glasswork Mauja had mentioned, but decided against it. “Ah, and I am Tembovu,” he adds as an afterthought. His new king should, after all, at least know his name. Quietly, he continues to watch his new leaders closely, setting the inherent mistrust for those with power deep into his barrel, endeavoring to withhold judgment. Which was difficult, given the grouchiness this cold brought on.

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart
As most herd meetings went, there was a flurry of movement and noise, but of course this time… everything was different. Kaj, Kahlua and Archibald weren’t manning the helm this time. In fact, since Kahlua’s adamant confession that she was remaining in the World’s Edge, I hadn’t seen her. Did that mean that she’d changed her mind about all of this? Was it too hard for her to witness new leadership in place of her own? It was truly hard to say what the Sunshower thought though… she wasn’t even here.

A delightful young brute had been one of the first creatures to accompany me at the meeting and he appeared a most amiable fellow when he shared his envy of my coat. I smiled broadly at the stallion and shook my head, “Winter is a blessing friend… you won’t be so jealous when summer comes back around,” I assured with a hearty laugh. As I dreamed about the warmer months, I was content to occupy myself with the familiar names and faces that had chosen to remain in the Edge as I had. I knew that Alysanne and Evangeline would show up at some point, given I’d come from the Falls with them, but I was shocked to find Ophelia among the sea of foreign faces. What had lured her from her throne in the Basin to… the Edge?

Those would have to be questions for another day considering Torleik had finally managed to show up. He appeared all barbs and frustration at first glance and I could only hope that he eased up on the tension… if only for the sake of those who followed him. He was a frighteningly intimidating force after all. Perhaps that’s why it came as no surprise to me that he announced himself as sole King… and Mauja was content to consider himself Queen. What an odd combination… such unearthly creatures indeed.

I listened as intently as I could, given I didn’t quite yet understand the terminology of which we were now ranked, but when Mauja called out my name for Huginn I felt a great sense of pride for having my title restored. At some point I’d thought to mention it to the appaloosa, but it had been quite some time since that day. I was grateful for his support of its reinstatement and I nodding at the Queen while offering him a gentle, if determined, “Thank you.

Shortly after the announcement, the softest of touches was laid upon my shoulder. Evangeline. When I turned to regard her, all I could do was smile. She was so heavy with child it wasn’t a wonder it had taken her so long. “Don’t worry love, you haven’t missed much my little Vanir… Congratulations,” I soothed while pressing my face into her neck. Everything was not as it was, but certainly on its way. I trusted this King and this Queen to do what was right for the World’s Edge. I prayed they’d never let me down.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

@[Evangeline] @[Tembovu] – Because he spoke to both of you.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

The world had changed into something unrecognizable for the delicate little mare. Nothing about her home was familiar anymore, yet she had decided to stay within the realms of the World's Edge despite her fear of all of the changes. Though she had decided to stay to be with her family, when she quietly crept into the meeting, she hardly recognized anyone. No longer was she the bubbly Specter that could at the very least recognize the familiar faces of her herd mates. No, now her gaze desperately sought any glimpse of someone she knew amongst the crowd.

The hallucination that always followed her was at her side, loyal as ever. The purple pony studied the crowd with her, nickering soft words that only Jahzara could hear as she spotted some original member's of the World's Edge that they had never spoken too. 'Look, some people stayed...Oh, and over there! The big dude!' Following the words of her trusted friend, the half blind mare spotted Thor standing next to a very pregnant mare. Though she had never met the pregnant lady, she recognized her from the past. Then her gaze spotted another friendly face, the very mare who told her about the changes that had happened while Jahzara was trapped in her own mind.

Slowly Jahzara made her way around the crowd to put herself next towards the spotted bay mare, offering a friendly smile as she stood beside her before looking on to their new leaders. A chill ran down the golden vixen's spine, brought on by a wave of fear of these two strange unicorn stallions that they now had to listen too. Suddenly, she felt very...small.

"Talk"

Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!