the Rift

[PRIVATE] count your blessings not your flaws
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
So, sometimes you mean to get things done, but then you just.. never have the time. You think of it from time to time, at useless times, like when you're about to fall asleep, or in a place where you literally can't do anything about it—like, when you're halfway across the world doing something else. And then, when you come back to the place you need to be in in order to do that shit, you, conveniently, forget about it!

That had been happening a lot lately. Mauja was, in a way, still used to living in the Edge—he just settled right back in into the habit of spending the better part of his life on the way to or from the Threshold, and in between he managed to cram in things like brooding and breaking down. It didn't leave much over for his queenly duties. And besides, there was that shift between him and the present; part of him had fallen back into the past, when.. when everyone had known him, and his role.

But now.. they didn't.

Frankly, he didn't even know the majority of his new herd.

It was, he figured, a short-coming, but hey. He had never been one to flaunt his rank in the faces of others, preferring to not give himself away, to just.. stand silent vigil in the shadows, watching and waiting. He had played the role of their protector and their guide—both of which he had failed at, by the way—not their.. oppressor.

No. He would leave to Torleik to be their figurehead, the one they knew as King, and he would keep living his life as he did—quietly.

Except, you're not really quiet if you're shouting.

"Elsa!"

Ophelia—shit, he wasn't ready for the bitter surge going through his heart—had made her verdict. Torleik was worthy of being their military lead. Elsa was.. worthy of training in the arts of war.

Theoretically, Mauja didn't give a damn about anyone's verdicts now that he ruled, nor did he give a damn about appeasing those who hadn't been worthy (fuck it, he wasn't worthy either). But.. but.

She had been steeped in bitterness and loss. If it was one thing Mauja knew, it was how it would ruin your life if left in your bones. Whether it was altruism or the selfish need to try and keep her from becoming an enemy.. he didn't know yet.

Regardless, she had agreed to the role, and Torleik hadn't exactly voiced any, uh, disapproval of appointing her as Forungi—and he would know better, as he had been at their trials. Mauja didn't have any clue what had happened over there. The only thing he knew was that they had mentioned in passing that they ought to have a chat with her, for reasons. And Mauja agreed. He needed to know who she was, what she dreamed of, aspired to—what she feared, what she.. what made her tick. What made the blood go round when her heart seemed as tired and beaten as his. "Torleik!"

And, if she wanted to stay on and do her job she'd better be around; he'd made his way to the glass wall, stepping outside to pass along the outer rim. He hadn't seen her in the herdland since the, ehh, verdicts, but if she had any sense she'd stick close. He was pretty sure Torleik was in the Edge—he'd caught his smell, and it was fresh—but if not.. he shrugged as he went along, the owls having spread out to cover more ground.

And if the herd thought it weird one regent shouted for the other?

They better get used to it. Mauja couldn't summon anyone with telepathy, nor could he have the foresight to always book a meeting. Sometimes you just got an urge and had to run with it, and today, as the sun shone brilliantly upon a perfect, frosty ground, he was running with the voice that said let's get down to business .. to defeat the Huuuns.

[ @[Elsa] and @[Torleik], what do you guys think, it's best to place this before the meeting? Red, if you didn't like my invention of them having mentioned talking to Elsa just let me know and I'll edit it out and make it all Mau's idea. :P ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Sticking around the outskirts was the plan- at least for now. The whole coronation committee wasn't lovey-dovey, foreign to the usual happiness that time brings. Instead, it was a mere tense passing over of power. Some voiced their ardent opinions while others fell to the wayside. She, well, she had no room to speak. Ophelia had at least shown her a dash of compassion. It was an act that seemed so endangered now, that the tiny shred of confidence kept her lurking. The two kings were both mere strangers to her, both she had seen in passing before, but nothing more than a simple hello. Although, she did not remember that. All she could focus on was the idea that she was the only girl, the odd one so to speak.

So, upon hearing her name, Elsa inwardly exploded with happiness. Of course, being called on had one of two outcomes. Either she was being kicked in the ass out the door, or getting a chance. The latter being the one she hoped to receive. There was a distinct tenseness that lurked in the base of her muscles, trying to fight her back into the shadows. This is not where you belong.. They seemed to say. Maybe they were right, maybe this was all a huge mistake. Either way, it would be stupid to at least not go and see what they had to offer. Edgar was still quiet, and he had not spoken to her since the whole ordeal. He was becoming more of a statue than a being. As much as she tried to prod at him, and coax him out, he seemed to be on the same page as her intuition.

So she was alone. Even with Edgar around, and horses generally milling abut, she was alone in this. Fighting against all the urge to run, she eventually made out the outline of one of the two new... kings. It seems she had beat the other here, but who knew if he even wanted to be involved. The reality of it all seem to creep in, if he was the only one here, then she was being told to leave, wasn't she? A thick layer of fear coated her stomach, and approaching someone had never been so hard. To twice be removed from a "home" would be embarrassing. Was she really that useless?

Quietly she approached Majua, he was too unfamiliar to even catch a clue. There was no sad face, or joyous movement, just the usual waiting stance. Elsa stuck to the edge of the glass, as if it was going to help hide her nerves. Her wings brushed gently against it, and she was afraid she would shatter it. That would not be such a far fetched thought, because everything else she touched seemed to collapse. When she finally neared, she stopped a few feet from him. She nodded gently, waiting for him to speak. As of now, she wasn't sure how to address him. She was not a friend, or a member of his herd, so he was neither Majua or King. He was simply that tall white man, for lack of a better description. So, she opted for a simple, "Hello."

[I played it as before the meeting, but if it needs to be after I can always edit it to fit. :)]
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Megaphone

Walking the land was something he'd learned to love from early childhood - just wandering, exploring, feeling the earth beneath his hooves, surrounding him, teaching him how to better respond to his environment. And that was shattered by a booming ELSA! His brows furrowed. Why was Mauja screeching for the mare Phi had suggested become their new forungi?

That question was somewhat answered when Elsa's name was followed by his own and Torleik rolled his eyes. Mauja could just send one of his damn owls to find him, or Irelyn, and relay the damn message. It felt like he was dealing with a frustrated toddler trying to shove a square block into a triangular hole. Ah well. Making his way towards the yelling (and where Irelyn told him the yeller was), the Black King came upon his White Queen and his new Forungi of the World's Edge a few minutes later.

"Yes, dear?" he inquired of Mauja with a flick of his tail and a brief, amused smile, turning his attention to Elsa. "Elsa, wonderful that you've chosen to remain and help us in this endeavor. As a note, I would like to spar with you soon, to get a sense for your battle tactics and skills - but I will let Mauja begin?" he said, shaping his last words as a question under the assumption that the Frostheart most certainly had something to say since he'd screamed for them both.

@[Elsa]
@[Mauja]

[[OOC: Sorry everything's a little short from me right now. Kinda wiped out and trying to get caught up on the important posts. I'm fine with it before.]]

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!