the Rift

feels like falling in love -- quest return earth god

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
I left Aurelia behind in hopes she would pursue, murmuring a gentle whisper, leaving her to decide whether or not she wished to follow behind me or remain and await my heroic return, where I would enter granted with the magic that would permit us to gain children. I flew with my mind drifting, eyes heavy and energy wasted. I was tired, and all I wanted was to get this over with and return to Aur, and then we could spend the rest of our long nights together, wrapped up within one another's comfort. Thinking about it made me excited to see her expression when she found out my quest had been a success, and that the family we had thought to be so distant was in fact closer than it had been seasons ago.

I felt the gentle, excited presence of Yseult, whose own excitement collided with mine, my skin tingling with glee as the bubbling blue magma of the Veins entered my gaze, the door to an oppurtunity I thought I'd never have. I hurried on, wings pulling me through the air as I grow desperate to land, to summon the Earth god and announce that I had completed the quest.

My hooves strike up against the earth, and I feel lively red sparks jump from the ground, frantically fleeing my steps as I stride closer to the shrines, bounding the last few feet out of excitement. I stand for a moment, composing myself and adjusting my wings so they rest comfortably, glancing up with a desperate hope in my eyes. "I.. I've returned. I did what you asked of me—" I felt awkward talking to no one, having a one sided conversation with the cloudy sky, the sun slowly rising to slice through the greyed clouds, my eyes flicking off to the side as I wait for a response, nervously scratching at the soil and stone beneath my hooves. "talk"
@[Aurelia], earthy can post whenever

threads --
w/ rhoa -- learned about the lonliness of not having active parents

making a platonic friend ( phantom ) --
final
art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

"It worries me that you are here alone..." The God's disembodied voice rumbled. From the sea, the massive hulking body of the God slowly rose. Too often did he form himself out of boulders and cliff faces - Helovia seemed to have forgotten that he was king of the sea as well as the land. Droplets glistened on his auburn beard, as his dazzling green gaze fell upon the solo lover.

"I have watched you Destry ... I have watched you force this quest to a close. You should not have had to do this with so much resistance ... and now here you are, alone once more. You seek a family and yet ... " His massive shoulders shrugged as he slowly waded towards the rocky shore leaving his sentence unfinished.

It was not his decision whether or not to proceed. But he certainly didn't want pride to spurn the dark mare into a family where she would have no support. Hadn't seeking out a parent-less child proved that such a life was not hospitable to happiness?

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
I felt the presence growing stronger, the mystical feeling of being encircled within a dome of comfort and protection as the earthly god once again bestowed me with his presence. Creeping forward eagerly I watch in amazement as the god rises from the sea, decorated in droplets of crystal clear water, his gently tousled beard drying off as he stood before me, making me feel small and inferior.

I crane my neck to peer at the earthen god, a frown upon my lips as I listen to him. I turn my head away, heart sinking as I realize he was right— It was just me and Yseult here. No one else. Aurelia's ivory body was nowhere to be found, the clouds above giving off a quiet rumble as if reflecting my sorrows. With upturned lips I face the god again, swallowing my doubts and anxieties and facing the problem head on. I put on a pitiful act, trying to deny the god's words. He was wrong, Aurelia would be coming! Just you wait and see, she'd be here in no time, I swear. I push my fears down my throat and take in a deep breath, making way for my tender words to come through. "She's coming—" I muster up all of my confidence to spill out these few words, facing the god with dignity and unhinging certainty. "I know she's coming because I trust her—" I look past the god, into the waves that crashed and clawed over one another in desperation to get to the shore. Watching him shrug his shoulders and talk about the forced closure of my quest, my heart cringes and I feel weird. I feel.. angry almost. Like the god had no right to tell me these things, that I had forcibly finished my quest, and that Aurelia was supposedly untrustworthy because of her inability to find council with the god with me. A furrowing brow signals my distate in what the god said to me, ears wavering as I look at the ebony beast. I had finally finished the quest he had so willingly given me, and there is no way he is going to deny me what I came here for because Aurelia got stuck sniffing the flowers. "talk" @[Aurelia]
art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The massive beast known as the God of Land or whatever the fuck he was, was speaking to Destry, shrugging. Quickly, I descend towards the pair, altitude dropping quickly as my wings shut and I'm hurled at the ground at a high speed. Only feet above the ground do my wings open again in a flurry of ivory feathers. Despite my attempt to gracefully land with wings wide, my speed had not slowed enough for a comfortable landing and as my hooves meet the hard ground, my body becomes everything but a shock absorber and I'm forced to take a few trot steps to be able to properly rebalance. I feel the throb in my legs and hooves, but the discomfort does not reach my face and I appear perfectly well. I attempt to move to Destry's side, to get close enough so our flanks brush, so she knows I'm here and that it will be okay. It'll all be okay.

Halting next to my mate, a soft bicker flutters out of my dry throat. It's a greeting to both Destry and the Earth God. "Please excuse me, I got caught up." I didn't really know why I hadn't just come here straight away, followed Destry, but I didn't. I had made a few circles instead of flying straight here. I had wanted to think, and I had. I want this so much. I want this with Destry and no one else. I already had this once before, but I was young and stupid and it doesn't excuse anything, but it happened. I've already found one of my children, found one father, and attempted to find the other child and the other father (which so happened to get me imprisoned in the Falls, but that is okay, because I met Destry there). I haven't stopped looking for my second babe, but I have stopped looking for her drunk-ass lame excuse for a father. Destry and I, we're good together. She's truly the only thing that matters to me. Some deep and broken part of me even feels undamaged and whole with Destry around. My heart, my mind, and my soul are all broken, with voids and gaps and empty parts and cracks and so much shit, but there is the one part of me that is solely owned by Destry, and this one part is the light in a pool of darkness that is me. I know I should be happy and content all on my own, but I'm fucking not. I am with her though. Yea, maybe she'd be okay without me, but I'd most likely be dead from the easiest way of suicide if I didn't have her. However, I'm not having a family just because she wants it. With all my everything, I want it too. More than even this fucking God of Earth and Animals and Sea and Whatever Else will ever know.

Her red and black against my gold and white, standing in harmony. If we were classical music, I'd be the bass and Destry the violin. Everyone else would be the middle sections that muddle together to create the harmony. Destry and I, we have the melody... We have that part that everyone remembers in the song. We're the beautiful notes that flow gently to audiences ears. When I'm with anyone else, the theoretical music produced is an off-key rendition of something that could've been great, something that sparks the question "well maybe if this situation had happened between a different couple of horses, it could've been something that sparks inspiration." Destry and I? It works. We spark that inspiration. We defy nature in a beautiful array of lesbian pride. We love despite our history. We overcome hardships and achieve a greater understanding of each other due to that. We love and love and love. The love between us is something nothing in this world could ever replace. Destry, she seeped through the cracks in my facade and found my heart, my broken and hurting heart, fixing it in some miracle way with comfort and kind words, understanding, growth, acceptance. I can't even describe any of this. No words can truly define the meaning of my love for Destry. I just know that I do.. That I love her in a way so special it can't be replicated.

I'm not sure if the Earth God sees in us what he wants to. I don't care if he does. I know that we're capable to do this. I know our perseverance will diminish any doubt he has. A god saying no will not deter our love. Destry and I are family now, having or not having kids will not change that status. We are each other's, lost to the emotion of love.

ooc: So sorry for wait <3 also, sorry if this gets a little confusing, there was a sudden burst of muse/passion/whatever and this happened xD

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God nods gently at Destry's reassurance, though in the depths of his vast mind his judgement remains the same. Still pushing... he thinks, almost sadly. This is something Destry wants so bad, something that she has forced into existence by her own sheer will. Aurelia? ... As if on cue, the golden mare descends haphazardly from the sky. She offers a quick apology, but the damage in the Gods mind, has already been done. Aurelia is as reckless as her landing. For a mare who has faced many consequences in her life, she has not learned. But ... looking back to Destry, a warm and genuine smile breaks his stoic appearance. That the dark mare has done so much on her own to make this quest a possibility assures the God that whatever children she will bare, will be alright. Even with Aurelia's flighty instincts and actions, their children will have Destry, if nothing else.

Nodding gently the God spreads his wings. A warm current of air suddenly billows forth. He does not entrust the gestation of a life to Aurelia - not after what happened to her companion - and so the wind focuses on Destry. Her body begins to glow, as if from a burning seed planted inside of her. Light pours from her eyes, ears, and nose and spills onto the ground igniting the Veins in the warmth of the magic that is working inside of her. Slowly the light begins to dim, and as it does so, the form of the God begins to fade. Creating the spark of life is not a task that he takes lightly, nor one that bares an insignificant toll. Even for a God, he is tired. As life stirs within Destry, the God smiles once again as his body disappears completely.

Destry is pregnant.