the Rift

[OPEN] Homewardbound

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

I've been absent from the Throat for some time now, wandering around Helovia, wondering what I was going to do next. I needed to stop. I needed to go back to the warm embrace that is home. I need to find them again. So, I do. I've been lumbering through the forest for some time now, my feathered friend Wayne was huddled in my mane, keeping warm. Well, maybe she was trying to. I'd just begun to feel the heat of the heart and the caves that have been created there, my hopes rising at the familiar smell of the burning things and fire. A frozen smile on my lips as I waddle towards it, my hopes high.

The smell is filling the air like some sort of scented candle.

I can feel Wayne's fluttering wings against my neck, and my smile widens. She has awaken. The absence in my mind is gone, a fluttering of hope rising up to greet me. A small and short "Hallo" after a little bit more shifting around. "Hi" I say back to her. In the past few days we've been communicating with short words and two-word phrases.

I am closer and closer with every stiff step I take. A few of my belongings slide around in my medium sized leather bag that I'd made mine in the past month. I'd taken my purple vial of blood off my neck at this time, letting it fall into the bag so it wouldn't get damaged in the weather. I'd also collected a few cool-looking rocks which I am definitely discarding into the molten lava pit when I reach it, because they felt heavier with every step closer.

When I reach the warmth, I unload, unpinning the bag and letting the contents tumble out onto the warm floor. Including my necklace. "Necklace. Get" I tell Wayne. She knows what I'm talking about. We've exchanged these words before. She should know.
The bird flits forward, out of my mane, gripping the necklace in her small finch talons of hers. I smile and take it from her. Attempting at flinging it over my head, after a few tries I succeed and continue with tumbling the wretched stones into the pit. A newfound smile slips onto my features as I strap the bag back onto my front leg carefully with my chattering teeth, pulling it on and pulling the strings just as I had figured out when I'd found it and decided to keep it.

I smile at my success and nod for Wayne to come to me. She was at the mouth of one of the caves, I couldn't identify which one, but she seemed interested with what was inside. But when she saw me she fluttered over, her features dropping. She didn't want to go into the cold again. I could feel her restraints forming inside my own mind already. But this was good that I could feel this. The bond seemed like it was growing stronger with every act she and I made together.

She doesn't want to go, but we have to. Finding the Throat again was my goal for today. I didn't care if she didn't want to go or not. We were going.
Wayne could obviously feel the waves of annoyance coming off me, as he had nestled back up into my forelock. I smile, and then I turn to the windy, cold landscape before us. Sighing, I start to trudge foreword, my legs forcing my already shivering body towards the Throat. "We're gonna fly." I say aloud, wondering if the familiar feeling in her head was the sight of the Throat, or if it was just Wayne noticing the word fly. She's said that word before.

I start to run forward, spreading my frozen wings, I transition to a canter of sorts, though all the while being buffeted by the wind from both sides. I lift from the ground a few moments after. Being pushed through the air, to the right most of the time. The wind made me close my eyes, demanding with it's powerful gusts.

When I finally feel the ground under my feet again, I'm on glass, when I look down there is only glass. Well, maybe it's not glass. Maybe it's ice. Yeah. That's what it is. I pull in a deep breath, my head flying backward. I stay in that position for a little while. I wonder what it would be like if it were Orange Moon. I would be silhouetted against the burning colors of the sky, my wings and muzzle pointing at the stars and moon. I would be standing on water too. Gods.
Literally. I smile and sigh at the same time. Wind pushed my hair into my eyes and all over the place.
I stumbled off the ice slab, whispering a hello to Wayne to see if she was still there. A meep back. I find a place in the sand, and I sit, digging my legs in a little deep so that I wasn't to fly away. At this time my wings were folded back into their rightful position, frozen into place already.

"blabing aloud" "Wayne blab" "Spice to Wayne blab"
This thread is open to anyone who can find her! :) 101 post

Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

"Spice."

The word was pressed into the pale line of bone, set there by dark lips and bent whiskers. It was soft, like a whisper, but not quite. In response Feusohm stirred, its pointed tip turning eagerly towards a different direction than where it started. In response Ampere's eyes lifted, because for once, this name wasn't going to lead her beyond the line of Helovia, but into it.

Encouraged with the hope of this find Ampere wrapped her blade in electricity, guiding its hilt while its end guided her. Ever since she'd found Serenity in the Threshold, just one of too many that she'd lost and had returned damage, Ampere was focusing more and more on those herd members that seemed to vanish. So many left, but some were taken. Besides, even if they left, Ampere wanted to know why, because weren't they a family, weren't you supposed to tell someone, anyone, so that others didn't worry about you?

Ampere hadn't, but that was then. Shit was different now. She was different.

Snorting, Ampere flung herself onto her wings and chased her bone dagger all the way to where the girl stood, rooted in like a tree, but seemingly uninjured and unbothered. Ampere glanced down as she flew, banking on her right wing to turn circles in the sky, making sure the blade was right. it pointed down as Ampere circled above, unhesitating as always, so Ampere followed it, landing near the mare with a quick grace that her wings had always granted her. She eyed the girl as she approached, recognizing the markings, though the mare had aged since last they met. Still uncertain, because Ampere never really knew her, Ampere asked, "Spice?"

[I wasn't sure where this is, so I left some things vague, because even though you posted in the DT your post confused me because you talked about being at the heart and the caves and ice, and then said whoever could find her?]

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

A cold prickle inside me. Maybe it was the cold. Maybe it was guilt for straying away from my home. I let out a cold sigh, my visible breath whisked away in an instant, my eyes dart from side to side as I burrow myself a little deeper into the constantly blowing sand.

I can see the flashing of a light in the sky. It obviously wasn't the sun, because the sun didn't flicker like that. Especially behind the mass of clouds that must've been blocking it out for days. I don't take the time to wonder what it was, digging myself in a little deeper as the wind picked up slightly. I closed my eyes to avoid getting sand in them. That really wouldn't help right now.

My first time home, and no one could see me through the massive sandstorm-like thing, blowing the sand up around me at all sides. A few minutes later it's calmed, but not too much.
A thud nearby. I don't turn, not yet.
A voice calls something out into the abyss. Now I turn, trying to decipher the word inside my head. A millisecond, and I realize that it was my name. And a dark mare was calling to me. I don't dare move my feet from the ground, convinced I would blow away. But she seemed to be doing just fine. She was older. More experienced in flying and wind and all that good stuff. "Ampere." I say, because as she nears me I notice her striking eyes. Familiar to me from some herd meeting or something. A nestling in my mane as I feel Wayne burrowing more. I ignore her for the time being, attempting to lock eyes with the electric-eyed mare.

"blah blah blah."
I'm sorry that it's unclear! She'd landed on the frozen oasis and moved off of it to the side so she would be in the sand. :) @[Ampere] Would you like me to tag you?

Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ