the Rift

The Princess is HERE!

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

I move forward, my steps light and danity as I make sure the path is clear for Dae. I look back over my shoulder to make sure the little one was still with me. We have been walking a long way, but I think we have finally arrived in the place my Mother always told stories of. I knew I would not reveal myself as a princess here. It was not safe. If I had been followed, well that could be disaster for not only myself but little Dae here. As if she knew I was thinking about her, Dae scurries forward to stand just off to the side of my front legs. Had it really been a month since I had found her and her mother? I guess now to a degree I was her mother... That's a scary thought. I am barely more than a child myself.

The sun is setting, which does not go well for us. A strange land, in the dark, and FrostFall has clearly set in. I am lucky that my coat has already thickened up. I can only hope Dae's coat has done the same. I give in, knowing we needed to find somewhere warm. Hello? Anyone out there? I pause for a moment to listen. Anyone? I just need somewhere to stay.. My voice trails off. I hope I am safe. I hope no one from my former lands have found this place.... If they have, well we are dead before our new lives have even begun.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
It's all Butterflies and Rainbows

It had been a long time since Alysanne went to the Threshold, something she realized earlier in the day. Not since before the Invasion, not since she knew what her home was about. Now she was adjusting to the new Edge, to their new King and Queen, and she hopes that it would go in a direction where she was still comfortable calling it home. For two and a half years she had been living in the Edge - her son had found her there, her daughter had been born there. It was a part of her.

Maybe she could extend someone the same option?

The snow hampers their movement. Or, rather, it hampered Alysanne’s movement but Hemlock flew overhead, unhindered and trying to not get annoyed with how slow Alysanne was moving. Luckily, the worst of the snowfall seemed to be right around the Edge and the further that she moved away from it, the easier it was to navigate. Unable to move as quickly as she wanted - and not wanting to risk a snowy landing - it was late in the day when she finally arrived at the Threshold. If they did not find anyone to talk to, anyone new that had just wandered in to Helovia, they might as well find a cozy spot beneath the trees and sleep here until morning.

But, after a little while, a voice cut through the still, Frostfall air and Alysanne discovered that they were not alone. It took another few moments to find the source of the voice, a beautiful horned mare with a small deer creature following her. They seemed lost and Alysanne greeted them first with a soft whicker that announced her presence before following it up with her gentle voice. “Hello, dear! Are you two alright?” The small owl, Hemlock, flew in a circle above Alysanne and the pair - checking them for any signs that they might be dangerous to his companion, before landing with a small hoot between Alysanne’s dark ears. “My name’s Alysanne and this is Hemlock.”

hope you don't mind! <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

The snow gets deeper as I move. I look over to little Dae who has finally settled to follow behind me. My larger frame pushes the snow out of the way for her. I smile softly, grateful for the little deer. So much was lost, but i've gained so much in the last few weeks. I finally stop figuring it would be easier for someone to find me if I stayed still. My ears twitch back and forth listening for any movement. I hear something, but I wasn't sure what. I just hope whatever it is, will be friendly.

“Hello, dear! Are you two alright?” My head jerks to the source of the voice. A very beautiful mare.... But UGH! She has wings! I step back at first, knowing full well it was some of her kind who had helped overthrow my parents. But I am in Helovia, right? Surely no one from home has followed me here. “My name’s Alysanne and this is Hemlock.” My eyes flash from the mare to the owl. I can only assume that this place is Helovia... Or well, the beginning of it at the very least.

I finally find my voice and I sound a ton more confidant than I feel. We are well, maybe a bit cold. Am I in Helovia? I pause a moment to glance to be sure Dae is alright before I realize I clearly have forgotten the manners I was taught as a royal. Please pardon my manners. My name is Calypso, and this is Daenerys. Using my antlered head I nod to the little deer who was currently working her way to stand at my side. Her own head was lifted high, like a royal. I nudge her slightly, as we were in no position to act our positions. We needed shelter, and soon.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

ooc: sorry for the wait. Can we assume this is prior to the passive mode?
@[Alysanne]
Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]