I
R
R
U
S
It was morning again.
Another morning, another day.
Another life to take.
The mare walked, her steps fluid and free, her wings held lightly by her sides - ready to burst open in a heartbeat and lift her athletic frame to the sky - her eyes cast ahead and all around her. She wasn't searching, so much as simply, looking. Had she done enough? Had she earned this gift the Earth God had in store for her?

Somehow, she didn't feel worthy of anything. As daybreak cast pinks and oranges across the sky, the dawn danced across her hide, purple and indigo, slowly and at the same time, suddenly, turning into the magnificent sky blue that was so rarely seen during the season of Frostfall. But Cirrus might have had a hand in the day's rare sun, her own magic thrummed through her, her sheer strength of will defining the climate around her. It was to be a pleasant day, a day where she could wander without worry of being snowed on, or caught up in a storm not of her own making.

The thoughts and memories always haunted her, she did not feel like she was worthy to enjoy the Sun, and yet she willed it, and it was there - she would live it regardless of her assumed self-worth. Death weighed heavily upon her - surely she could spend a day just living, and forgetting, and healing.

But the girl somehow knew that this tirade of death was not over yet, that it would not be over until he, this God who bestowed this task upon her said it was so.

For @[Ki'irha] to NPC in C:
& open for anyone!
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

NPC Posts: 298
    User-based Random Event
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Darlin’, Forever is a long time…</style>

And time has a way of changing things.</style>

A brook babbles through the meadow. It talks and laughs, its words drowned in light foam and a lazy current. In the sweetness of spring and summer, fat, sleek fish swim in the clear water, and during the fall, leaves the color of fire float lazily down its curving path. Now it is Frostfall. The cold has layered a soft kiss of ice over many lengths of the brook, and the exposed water is harsh and cold.

The brook calls out, and creatures approach at their own accord, using the flow as a source of drinking water, or a pool to hunt in. But today, the banks of the brook are bare of visiting animal. That is, except for a patch of orange and red that lays motionless. The creature is quaint, but a hunter nonetheless. The fox lays broken on the shore, lithe form twisted and bleeding. Blood stains the ice, forming a delicate red lace in the fractals naturally formed. This morn, the hunter became the hunted, as an eagle had attempted to carry her off. She had writhed it its grip, escaping its talons, but had suffered terrible injuries as a result of the claws, as well as the lengthy return to the ground.

A breath rattles from the vixen’s frame, accompanied by a pained, uneasy whine. Death is close, but not close enough, and the creature is suffering at the slow hands of an unexpected fate. She reaches soot-dipped paws forward, and attempts to pull herself closer to the cool water.

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    It was metallic, it's smell something like copper, or the silver that tipped her spear. Bitter and salty, sharp and refined - it was blood, life's fuel, the substance all creatures needed to survive. The cloudmare was not uneducated in blood - how many times had she used the power of the Sun's magic to heal those who were bleeding, internally or otherwise? How many times had she cut into another's skin with the tip of her spear during a spar, or battle? How many times had she helped Sitka hunt down prey, and watch as he licked the blood from his own muzzle and paws?

Cirrus knew blood when she smelt it, but it still caused her lips to curl and her nostrils to crinkle with distaste. She was a horse, a prey animal primarily, though she knew how to defend herself, she also knew how to flee before a predator.

So she was surprised to find this predator at the water's edge, stained with blood and lying nearly paralysed before her. As she had done so many times before, she approached softly, though did little to hide the noise of her approach - the snow helped, but there was no use hiding her presence to one who surely knew death was near anyway. I was old habit for the cloudmare to want to call upon the healing powers she once held as a Physician of the Throat, but those times were long, long past, and when she looked internally for the magic that was not there, all she found was a deep dark abyss filled with wind and wild weather.

"I'm sorry," she murmured as she approached, her head low and her tones gentle, but factual. "You're dying," she added, tears blurring her vision for a moment as she sniffed a sob down.

And I have to end your suffering, because I am not yet strong enough to fix you, the thought danced through her cranium, savagely biting at her deficiencies. She tried to be gentle as she nudged the vixen closer to the water's edge, but it the fox probably felt pain from her careful motions anyway, given her condition. "I'm sorry," she kept saying, wishing it didn't have to be so - but Cirrus had danced this dance far too often lately, she knew the steps she must take. That didn't mean she had to like them.

For @[Ki'irha] to NPC in C:
    Thank you!
    Choice is completely up to you to have the fox sentient or not - I don't mind either way :)
    Image Credit
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

User-based Random Event

Once a beautiful and sly huntress, many creatures had fallen to the skills of the vixen. But no death that had come by the jaws of the orange creature had been in vain. Her kills had given her life. They had put energy in her veins. They had fed the kits who had been born and grown out of her den. But now death was upon her, and like the water in the brook, she could feel the life slowly bubbling out of her.

The vibrations that ripple through the ground betray the mare’s each step. Black ears flick and twist, but the small creature cannot turn its head to view the approaching creature. A shadow fell over the vixen, and a sadness passed over her. The sun was gone, and she may never see it again.

A voice became present over her. Though the vixen could not understand the words, the sounded kind and soft, but the fox knew that no softness or kindness could fix her. The Pegasus mare then nudged the fox.

Like the aurora borealis, pain erupted across the vixen’s body, painting her senses in vicious reds and searing whites. A broken, raspy scream burst from her toothy maw, and her eyes were wide, though she could not see past the pain. A broken body twisted, crepitus grinding in her broken bones, increasing her suffering. A tiny heart beat fast, a fluttering hummingbird in a shattered cage.

Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    Her touch caused more suffering, and how could it not? The creature she nudged was broken and battered, bruised and bent in ways she wondered whether even the Gods could hope to mend. Tears swelled up along the mare's dark eyelids, brimming to the surface and trickling down the refined contours of her façade, her eyes shimmering pools of sapphire and cerulean as they tried to blink away the saline. "I'm sorry," she kept murmuring, like a chant, a mantra, a humming sort of song that she might have used when she was a healer and needed to soothe an anxious patient. Please forgive me, she whimpered internally, the hatred for her own self filling her to the brim.

Why? Why did it have to be this way? Cirrus found plenty enough suffering creatures, why not enough healers or menders? Why had the Earth God set her on this mission? To learn of how many in this world were suffering?

She wondered if the Earth God saw it all, from his perch in whatever place he went when he wasn't here. She wondered if he knew, if he felt each sufferance as if it were his own.

And suddenly she felt sorry for him, too.

The nudges were taking too long, and so the mare, with lips twisted in disgust, took a hold of the copper fur and broken body, and attempted to move the vixen in one large, smooth motion - it was difficult, but she managed it, and deposited the body as near to the water as she dare. The fox's front paws and muzzle were in the water, the stream carrying off rivulets of crimson as it gurgled its merry way through the land, oblivious to the hurt and suffering that went on by its edge. And still, the cloudmare wept, guilt and sadness mixing to create a cocktail that was both potent and came with a hefty hangover - Cirrus would not recover from this swiftly, that much she knew.

And the fox would never recover.

For @ [Ki'irha] to NPC in C:
    So Cirrus is letting the fox drink/wash itself to purify itself in the waters, then she'll knock it out and submerge it (and take its tail as a token) :c
    Image Credit

• I enjoy being tagged.

User-based Random Event

The mare seemed to be singing, though once again, her words were lost to the fox. A sharp, sudden movement brought the vixen to the water’s edge, and the searing burning hot pain dimmed, though because movement was finished, or death was too close, it was hard to tell. She sputtered as her nose dipped beneath the icy current. After the surprise of the cold, she slowly lifted her head, weak and broken. She stretched her toes, wiggling them, feeling the wet lap at her feet. She dipped her head close, careful to keep her keen black nose out of the water, and lapped at the refreshing drink.

The mare stepped back, and a ray of light cast itself upon the vixen. It washed its golden rays over the fox, warming her fur, spreading like a gentle kiss across her injured body. The orange creature, stunning and bright as the autumn trees, closed her glittering yellow eyes. She drank slowly, enjoying the moment of refreshment. Her life seeped through her mind. She thought back to being a kit, playing within sight of a watchful mother. The thrill of her first hunt, and all thereafter. The warmed, loamy ground under the pads of her paws as she slipped silently through the forest, exploring the world made for her/ Her tail twitched absentmindedly as she was lost in the sweet collection of memories that covered her short life.

A life filled with perfect moments. A life that, despite its end, was enjoyed to its fullest. But all things must end. All suffering must be finished. All light must be snuffed.

The only certain thing in life, is death.

Official Posts: 847
    Administrator
    Official
    unarchived per request

Whit
    C
    I
    R
    R
    U
    S
    Cirrus was lost in between her desire to cry and run or stay and see this awful task through. Why had the Earth God given her this quest? What did she see in her? Cirrus was a warrior, not a healer, she as a fighter, she, she was meant to be able to handle this

But there was no honour in what she was doing. Ending the lives of those suffering so that she might gain something - what? The power to heal? Not a healer, not me, never me, she thought, as with tears burning behind her eyes, she ended the life of the dying vixen in the stream.

Cirrus wept, and with her tears, the sky wept as well. A day, once sunny and bright, seemed to become overcast suddenly, and fat droplets of rain fell from the skies, dampening everything it touched. The fox, now still before her, began to take up a stink that only the dead possess - she remembered she needed to take some kind of token from the body.

A morbid gift for the God of the Earth, she thought dourly as she pulled her spear from its hiding place amongst her feathers and twirled it with well-practised ease. With the point aimed at the base of the fox's tail, she stabbed, and heard the muted thump of the spearpoint slicing through fur, skin, sinew and bone. With distaste curling her lips, the mare bent over the vixen one last time and held the creature's once-bushy tail between her teeth, stashing it amongst her feathers with her spear.

Another one down, she thought numbly, as she moved on from this area on neat, round hooves and swift, limber legs.
    Image Credit

• I enjoy being tagged.