the Rift

:: Q&A ::

Psilo Posts: 0
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'6" :: March of 1990
--
I have no clue why, but Dresden's activation code will not send to me. Been trying all day. I'm sure I'm doing something, but for the life of me i cant frickin figure out just where I'm goin wrong.

Correct email, not in spam. I'm not sure what do c:
“write drunk; edit sober.”
—  ernest hemingway

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Hello @Psilo ! We've had issues with major email servers blocking us because we are small time and more likely to be spam D: Just post in the rank updates board to get the account activated.

Psilo Posts: 0
OOC Account
Filly :: Other :: 5'6" :: March of 1990
--
Okay, thank you a bunch. <3
“write drunk; edit sober.”
—  ernest hemingway

Farah Posts: 13
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 17hh :: Yearling (Ages in Orangemoon)
Emily
What companions can a tribrid bond to? Is there select ones or would it be well, everything?

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Tribrids can bond to any companion :D

@Farah

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
If I have one ordinary item, say, a rock, and an item that does something, like a bottle of glowing blood, and I'd like to combine them into something else... Say, a necklace for example. Will the glow still stay on the new item, and will that take up an enchantment slot?

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
You can apply glowing blood to an item, yes! (I don't know how you'd turn a rock into a necklace though, unless you added string or something? :P ) But for example, Iso poured a vial of blood onto a rock carving once, and now that is part of the item description.

But no, it wouldn't take up an enchantment slot. :D

Howl Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4
Sen
When is the next seasonal slot going to be? :)
[Image: FjjyuiY.gif]

Odd
Right now ;)

They are always at the beginning of each new season. It's just sometimes we get busy, and fall behind.

Astor Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5 :: 27
Astor
Is there a good way to search and see which character has what magic, so we don't accidentally copy theirs?

Also, IIRC, you can only join a new character once a month, right? Would I be able to participate in the join with magic roll that's going on right now?

Odd
Yep! Go to the records page (in the top bar, just below the banner) !

Correct. If you've already made the character account and joined, then no, you couldn't participate. And we ask that you be in a position to make the character fairly soon after you've won. If you can't, then we would prefer you wait until the next slot, so that you're not taking it from someone who is able to make a character now. You also aren't allowed to win a slot and then 'hold onto it' forever. It's supposed to be for people bringing in characters now.

Does that answer your questions?

Astor Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5 :: 27
Astor
Mostly!

My thinking was: "I see that I have time freeing up after this weekend, wouldn't it be cool if I somehow won and could join a new character and do this?" sort of thing. And of course, that all makes sense.

So to clarify: No, I can't enter to join an new character now, but I can in the future if I feel I have the time... and I can start a wishlist now, correct? ^_^

Odd
Yeah, since you literally just joined Yael, it wouldn't be super fair to enter - because you'd have to wait almost a month before you could even start the account.

The idea of seasonal slots is to help bring characters to Helovia that have magic/companions that are integral to their design (aka ones that if you had to earn their magic here, it would fundamentally change something important about the character). It isn't meant to be a reason to make a new character .

And yes of course! Start a wishlist now!! :D

Based on what you've said, I would advise not entering, since you don't have a character in mind that needs these things to join, and because you couldn't make it for 3 weeks.

Nova Posts: 0
OOC Account
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17.2 :: 22
Nova
I know we are allowed magic that is allowed to remember x amount of magic or an x amount of character appearances.

So I was wondering, would a custom item Pauldron & Cape be able to be enchanted to remember up to an x amount of appearances? So it could change to whatever pattern/style the wearer chose as long as it was in it's "inventory" with a proper command?

Odd
Unfortunately no! That's too strong. Custom items aren't meant to replace magic slots, so if the enchantment you want for your item is a magic someone has, or could be a magic someone has, it's probably too strong

EDIT

Nova was actually asking if the cape/pauldron could change in appearance, not if it could change the appearance of the wearer. The answer is yes!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
I'm finally figuring out Tia's second active magic, but I'm unsure on what type(s) of magic it would be P:

[Magic: ? x ? (A) | The ability to relieve someone’s mental stress, making them feel more comfortable/at ease/and happy.]
[Restrictions: Takes concentration, must be within _ distance, and can only last _ minutes?]

And then an upgrade would maybe be lasting longer?
(I'm still working out the restrictions obviously xD )

I was thinking it'd be Light, but I didn't know if it was LightxDark?
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Odd
Healing is always light or earth.

So it would probably be light x _____, where the _________ is the method with which she heals. Does she pour water on them? Sing to them? Etc

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo
is this right (is light the right combo) ::

"Active Magic | Earth x Light? | Can temporarily grant any animal (non-companion, non-equine) the ability to communicate by voice in her native tongue [Helovian]. Restrictions: Only willing creatures, 30 meter radius."

<33

Odd
Correct!

The restrictions would be 10m if it isn't upgraded though :)

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo
thanks a bunch odd, i'll fix it on her wishlist too <333