the Rift

:: Q&A ::

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Vezer isn't dead, but her mother will be very shortly(have that fight going now). I wanted to make a thread post Airlia's death where she says things about her being dead.
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

LovellaTorendo Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 :: 97
LovellaTorendo
Does this prize "Twin Foal Pass with Foal Stats no magic" guarantee stats for both foals or only one?

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Can we bring a character back from the Hidden rank in order for them to die? :)

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
(02-05-2017, 10:18 PM)LovellaTorendo Wrote: Does this prize "Twin Foal Pass with Foal Stats no magic" guarantee stats for both foals or only one?

No, it's a combo prize. So what you have is:
1. Twin foal pass (guarantees twins)
2. Foal stats no magic (design your own foal sans magic)

(02-06-2017, 10:26 AM)Volterra Wrote: Can we bring a character back from the Hidden rank in order for them to die? :)

PM Official to recover Hidden accounts! The 30 day character rule still applies.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

LovellaTorendo Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 :: 97
LovellaTorendo
Oh, OK. Thanks Blu!

Minx Posts: 0
OOC Account
Stallion :: Equine :: enormous :: 18
Minx
i'm contemplating playing a trans female character(designated male at birth but identifies as female) and i wanted to know how i should mark the account? would i just go with the biological sex or is using the identified gender with a very visible note acceptable?
avatar art by carharttcreations@dA

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Interesting question!

Technically Helovia asks for your gender, which is different from your sex (as you know). HOWEVER, I don't think that field was created with the wider philosophical/societal implications in mind. Really, we're asking for sex in that field.

For simplicity, I'd say to put stallion, and then the very large note. But of course that goes against basically everything that trans m/w fight for, and because that designation really only matters for breeding, you might argue that it shouldn't matter at all.

SO. If for LGBTQ+ support reasons, you'd like to put mare, despite the sex being a stallion, let me know and I'll chat with the rest of the team. If you don't want to confuse the community, I'd put stallion in the gender field.

Let me know!

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
I just have a quick question about the foal stat rolling with regards to mutations. According to the foal stat thread, this is how the 2nd companion mutation is rolled:

-- One parent bonded to a companion = 1/12
-- Both parents bonded to a companion = 1/10
-- No parent has a companion odds are = 1/20
-- One parent has this mutation = 2/10
-- Both parents have this mutation = 3/10

I was wondering if these things stack when the foal is rolled? So say both parents have a companion (which makes it a 1 in 10 chance of getting the mutation), and both parents also have the mutation (which makes a 3 in 10 chance) - do these get added together to create a 4 in 10 chance of getting the mutation? :) The same for the extra magic slot.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Odd
No they don't!

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Can we still have "pets" as items? Not companions per se, just animals who hang out with our character but aren't bound to them...

Odd
No sorry charks!

Minx Posts: 0
OOC Account
Stallion :: Equine :: enormous :: 18
Minx
@Odd - yeah my general preference would be to mark the character as a mare, but if other staff decide that physiological sex should be marked i'll go with that and then make a large note in the signature of the character or something.
avatar art by carharttcreations@dA

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
Heya! Magical question here -wiggles eye brows-, uhm...

So Ru has:

:: [ Magic: Light | Ability to create beams of laser-light. ]
:: [ Restrictions | 10m radius. ]

- And I wanted to confirm if this laser-light is able to create its own hum. Like how fire can provide light and sound, due to the air around it being expanded.
- The reason why I ask, I was hoping to use it as a replacement for a voice. Sort of like an electronic synthesizer, and if I needed an upgrade to do that? (say like, multiple beams of light that send out varying, audible frequencies based on their lengths that are manipulated for sound)

- Another question. I was hoping to upgrade the magic, so that it has the ability to cut through objects. Essentially it's meant to act like a light-saber/ I don't intend or want it to be as devastating as a light saber can be. Because I don't think that would be allowed or fun. XD And it'd just be too easy. So it would certainly have a time limit/concentration limit to it.  

CONDENSED:
- can the magic have a natural hum to it, or does that have to be an upgrade?
- can I upgrade it to be able to cut through things, given limitations?
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Odd
@Minx
Okay! So our solution was to change the field to say 'sex'. That way we can keep it clear that your character is biologically male (though if you quested for a sex-reassignment, then it would change), which leaves her gender-identity for you to flesh out in the profile section. hopefully that works!

And @Ru, imma let @Tamme our physics guru answer that!

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Okay, so I build lasers lol. This is gunna get technical. Fire can produce some low frequency sound waves since it produces heat, but when you talk about a laser, you are talking about something different. It's light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation, so it's basically just a bunch of photons in a beam.

- can the magic have a natural hum to it, or does that have to be an upgrade?
So no, lasers don't hum! What hums is the electronics that generally power lasers. Generally, lasers have to have a power supply that will hum or a flash lamp. Since magic, in this case, is activating the photon beam, it wouldn't make noise.

I can't really see any way that you could upgrade laser magic to have it make noise?

- can I upgrade it to be able to cut through things, given limitations?

Depending on the wavelength, frequency and duty cycle, lasers can naturally cut things, so you wouldn't even need an upgrade for it. For example, a CO2 laser can cut and etch.

If I were you, I'd do the following:

:: [Magic: Can produce a CO2 laser beam]
:: [Restrictions: Beam diameter of 1 mm; can only produce one beam at a time]
(this can burn)

:: [Upgrade: Can change change the wavelength of the laser to produce different colored beams]

@Ru

Sky Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Equine :: 5'6" :: 666
Skoi
Hey so I think I read somewhere that you can change your character's appearance within 30 days of creation, but I can't find it again, so I'm not sure if that's right? (I need to add a hand to my character's height. I switched her breed last minute, and forgot to change the height to go with it. Now she's a hand shorter than average when I really wanted her to be... Well, average.)

Odd
@Sky

Sorry! If you've been posting you can't change their appearance!

Astor Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5 :: 27
Astor
When shifting back from another form (dragon -> pegasus), is there also the 10 second immobilization req?

Odd
Yep!

Astor Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5 :: 27
Astor
and are there any rules about the shifting? Can we talk in our shifted forms or anything like that?