the Rift

Turning Empty Pages

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira
Watch me, I'll Get It Wrong Till I Get It Right... At Least I'm Making Scenes In The Meantime

"Son of a bitch!" I snarled when my neck jerked back as my antlers caught onto a tree branch above, misjudging the distance between my rack and the surrounding vegetation. I may have not been the tallest of mares around, but I suppose my caribou antlers had grown larger than I had anticipated.  With a sharp tug, I freed myself from the tree's grasp and managed to snap off a portion of the branch. Tossing my crown, I effectively flung the branch to the side with a snort. "There had better be some open land soon..." The muttered words were barely audible as I muttered to myself before continuing to weave my way through the trees without any true sense of direction.

For a moment, and for a moment only, I wondered if it would have been better if I had stayed within my old herd and their open plains. My mind flickered back to the familiar faces of my superiors granting me and the other two-year olds the option of leaving, or staying with the clan. I was the only one of the small group that had the balls to march off on my own, the rest of the fillies deciding to follow tradition and stay with the herd.  It's not like anyone would miss me, aside from maybe a sparring partner or two, relationships weren't exactly encouraged within my former clan. And while the sparring, raiding, and pillaging may have been an enjoyable lifestyle for me, I had quickly grown an itch of wanderlust.  Why should I be forced to remain tied to a clan that didn't give a rats ass if I lived or died the next day?

So,  with that in mind, I shunned the last shred of thoughts of my clan from my mind. It was only about the future now, and my muscles were tensed with excitement. Emerald orbs scanned the land around me,  narrowing skeptically while auds flicking to and fro to catch the sounds of anyone that may be approaching. "Whose out there? Show yourself!" The command was barked out, militant in tone and daring. My ebony hoof stomped at the earth, flaxen tail lashing against my spotted flank as I stared impatiently.

"blah blah blah."

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The corporal wound her way through the Threshold. The trees had filled out heavily, and the thickets were nearly unmanageable. Had it not been for the footpaths that had been carved by many before her, the difficulty in traversing this land would discourage her from ever returning to where she entered Helovia. The sun dappled her trail, and occasionally a squirrel would chatter and chirp as it chases a comrade across her path.

The blue previously lied to herself, said that she came to the Threshold just to stretch her legs. But she slowly learned that there was no shame in visiting the Threshold simply to recruit. Not only could she offer a safe place to one with no home, she could also aid in building up her herd to keep them safe. Especially with the opening of the Rift, there was no knowing what would come upon the inhabitants of Helovia, so it was better to stay close and be prepared. She shook her head, white locks spilling over her face, one tuft twisting around her horn. There were so many questions about these new lands, and she was sure there weren't enough answers.

Breaking away from the trail, the starry girl came up to a lazily flowing river. She dragged in several long gulps before a voice broke her from her thoughts. Lifting her heard up, ears twitching and attentive, she listened closely for any noises that didn't quite fit in the singing forest. She splashed through the river, the wet making her midnight pelt shine like liquid sapphire. She slipped easily through the wood on her way, knowing this very path from a previous adventure here. She slowly halted, hidden in the shadows, watching the Appaloosa girl throw her tantrum. Stomping and twitching and demanding, the stranger seemed agitated, to say the least.

Upon her demand, the warrior could no longer contain herself. A laugh burst from her maw, and she stomped a rear hoof. Calming herself, she stepped forward into the bright light, exposing herself to the unicorn fae. "Darling, you shouldn't be so bold as to command those who wander through this forest. You never know who may answer your call." Blues and whites seemed to glow in the light, giving the midnight girl an almost ethereal appearance. But her eyes were sharp and daring, casting a silver gaze over the girl. She was slight but appeared strong, with an impressive rack crowning her head. Though she acted petulantly, perhaps that behavior could be redirected to something more productive. The blue kept her distance, but her words were still edged in humor. She had no reason to fear this mare. Not yet, at least.

"So tell me, what brings you here, and with such vigor?" She watched, interested to see how the small girl would surprise her.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

Eira
Watch me, I'll Get It Wrong Till I Get It Right... At Least I'm Making Scenes In The Meantime

As I watched the shadows with a dubious gaze, awaiting the response of whoever had decided to make a show of watching my every move, I was quite surprised to be met with..Laughter? Like a freshly forged blade that sliced straight through my pride, a burning heat swelled in my chest and rose into my face while my ears pinned back into my mane bitterly. Laughter was never a good response, an insult that was saved for the most useless of victims that didn't have a chance in hell of winning a battle against one of my kind. Pulling at the shreds of my damaged pride, my crown raised defiantly as another mare revealed herself from the shadows. A vixen of the stars, standing only a slight bit taller than myself, and certainly no older than I was.

My lips pursed as she spoke, my emerald gaze turning sick with an unappreciative glare as she attempted to scold my choices, her advice falling on deaf ears the moment she called me 'darling'. Who in the hell did she think she was? "Is that supposed to frighten me, sugartits?" I hissed sarcastically, followed with an indifferent snort. So what if I commanded those who wander this forest, those who chose to spy on me? Fear was something that was beaten out of my clan since our youth, lest you wanted to be killed first. It mattered not to me who answered my call, if it was even answered at all. Instinctively, I tucked my chin towards my chest, the tines of my antlers tilting towards the girl with a passive warning to not misjudge my character.

Her question had certainly caught me off gaurd, however, and I grew hesitant to answer her. "Why?" I asked in return, tilting my crown ever so slightly has I tried to read her body language to better understand what sort of edge she was trying to get at. "What's it to a stranger to know of such things, especially of someone they mock?" It was another way of me asking 'why the hell should I tell you?' without actually saying it. After a few moments, I decided that this woman would not be a threat to me as of yet. Though she may try to pull whatever information out of me that she wished, there was no sign that she would pose a physical threat to me at the moment. "Freedom, if you must know."

"blah blah blah."

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The blue girl was caught a bit off guard by the sudden hostility. Ears flicked up and eyes widened ever slightly in shock. Though, perhaps she deserved it. She did laugh at the stranger's plight, and her niceties had gone misunderstood before. She shrugged, the surprise melting from her nearly as soon as it presented. But sugartits? She stifled another laugh.

Approaching the girl, the blue dipped her head in a respectful greeting. "Please excuse me, I mean no disrespect. I only mean that there are some more than unsavory beings who traipse through this Threshold, and it may be unwise to call to them in such a fashion. Though, this is free land we stand on, it belongs to no one. I don't suppose much blood has been spilled here, but if a fight is what you are looking for, I'm sure you can manage to find it here if you keep that up." The warrior's voice was calm and even. She did not mirror the stranger's defensive stance. Instead, she came dangerously close, with within striking distance of the doe, and stood calmly and without worry.

The girl before her burned with an unbridled fire that threatened to burn the entire world down. She was hot and explosive, and the blue girl appreciated that. She saw so many come through this gateway who were quiet and meek and mild. There was nothing wrong with that, but there was something about the fire, the unpredictability, that lured the blue closer. She almost wished for a fight, wanting to see how deep the fire ran.

"I do not mock, I simply wonder. You see, many come through here, and for many different reasons.  Some come in search of love or family or acceptance. Some come to rule, others come running from tyranny and danger they cannot escape. It says a lot about someone, their reason for coming upon the doorstep to Helovia." She thought back to life before Helovia, where life was good before is went bad. She sighed, a pang of sadness and guilt squeezing her heart for a moment. But she had found purpose here. Nothing is ever certain, and looking back on the past would not change her course in time.

The star girl tipped her head. Ah, freedom. One of the vaguest of desires. There were many reasons one would crave freedom, and as much as she wanted to ask, she decided further prying would lead to escalated hostility. So she refrained. "You are sure to find freedom here, whether you mean to live without rule or to escape the chains and burdens of your previous life."

She paused. She had certainly offended this girl, regardless of how the midnight princess believed her skin should thicken. Would she even accept an invitation? Or had the corporal placed enough disdain between the two so as to discourage the dame from even humoring her with further conversation?

"My name is Ki'irha. I am a corporal far north in the land known as the Aurora Basin. We are all crowned there, gifted with horns, and we have skilled ranks. So whether you wish to fight or heal, steal or craft, see the future or perhaps simply live in shelter, it is a wonderful place to be. It is freedom, with the added bonus of knowledge and numbers. But should you decide to decline the offer, I can promise you will always be welcome."

This girl was a firecracker, and the frozen north needed a bit more fire.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah, do ved viing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein!

The dragonborn has been successful in remaining on her own, so far. Wandering all over Helovia with the same confidence as she'd done back home. She has no obligations, no orders. Everything she does, she does for herself; and that's exactly the way she plans to keep it. The mostly black mare slips from shadow to shadow and weaves between the trees with the ease of an expert. Her firm muscles are thick beneath her dark skin, rippling powerfully as each step connects with the forest floor. Everything had been quiet, as it usually was, and it seemed like simply more of the same. Dovahkiin welcomes it, using it to her advantage to map more and more of this new land. So far, though, her knowledge of the lay of the land is far less extensive than the number of encounters she's spent flirting.

Not that she's complaining.

So when a voice erupts like a volcano, startling the silence out of the forest surrounding her the dragonborn can't help but to investigate. She pauses, dark ears swiveling to pinpoint the direction of the voice and once found, she alters her course. The dragonborn turns towards the decidedly feminine voice and on fairly light steps, the small mare once again weaves through the forest. Another voice, also female, joins in the conversation; causing her to pause. Not out of fear, mind you, but rather out of caution. There is no sense in intruding on a private conversation. Her pause is decidedly brief, shifting herself closer as carefully and quietly as she could until she could hear what was being spoken but remain hidden from view - for now. A knowing smile curls her dark lips at the first mare's response, though it isn't until she mentions freedom that the dragonborn moves forward.

"Mmm... fiesty." she speaks as she steps into view, her voice sultry and smooth - filled to the brim with sexually charged tension. The dragonborn circles around behind the other antlered mare - a kindred spirit, if she'd ever seen one - and shifts to stand before her. Dovahkiin's green eyes appraise the younger mare - green eyes, vibrant coloring, impressive rack, similar build - and if it weren't for the coloring, Dovahkiin might have thought she was looking in a mirror. Hell, she is even the same height - which would be hardly strange except that she hadn't met anyone here as short as herself. So with a smirk, she continues, choosing rather blatantly to ignore the starry mare. "You won't find true freedom in the herds here."

Her eyes shine with a mischievous glint and for a moment, she simply watches with feigned boredom as the starry mare rambles on and on and on...and oh, just shut your trap for a minute. Wouldn't want to appear overeager, dear. "Or, you could choose the life of the outcast. As I have. It's... quite liberating, actually." she begins, her voice holding the same sultry tones it always did. "It can be... dangerous. Though I'd wager you can handle it." and here the smirk returns, shifting her dark lips. "I'd be happy to show you around." and do dirty, dirty things to you...with you. she mentally adds, and with a quick but small toss of her head, she shifts her blood-tipped forelock to the right side of her face.

DOVAHKIIN
image credit

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Eira has contracted GLL.

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
The maiden of silk had found herself drawn to the Threshold. Her mind yearned to figure out just what this place was. A portal between different worlds? Different timelines? Different realities? The possibilities were endless. Not only that but the leads of the World's Edge were quite persistent with encouraging recruiting by any ranks. Though she held a simple title, something she hoped to soon change, she was able to grasp some authority.

Through the shadows she stalked until she reached the opening. Her pale skin hissed at the idea of stepping into the now tall sun, but Nuray forced herself out of the shadows. The unicorn mare was beyond aware of the boils that littered her hide. There was a cure for them, she had been told, but that didn't make her feel any less gross. Still, she found her tail swooshing back and forth in a rather seductive nature as she eyed the darling warrior.

She had arrived just in time to hear the other two tell of where they live and the whole pleasantry business. Surprise momentarily flickered in her eyes as the one mare seemed to be recruiting for the.. loners? "My name is Nuray, of the World's Edge." she dipped her head in greeting, her voice like pleasant chimes on a subtly windy day.

"The corporal here is true when she speaks of how wonderful the Aurora Basin is. I have gone passed their mountains before, but as she said their selecting is quite exclusive with them baring mostly anyone that does not have a horn." Nuray's words were genuine as she simply relayed what she had learned during her stay in Helovia. The Aurora Basin had a reputation for being racists, albeit the maiden didn't flat out say this. "And being a loner is a tempting proposition."

"The World's Edge is positioned on a cliff with a breathtaking outlook of the ocean. But appearances alone, I figure, are not what you are truly looking for." Though Nuray wanted to get closer to the conversation she did not wish for these dreadful boils to get passed on. Golden eyes glanced at the one mare with black sludge pouring from her mouth. Yes, she would also rather not catch that. "In reality we are not the largest of herds, but that allows for close knit relations. However, in a way, it also allows a sense of freedom while still feeling useful. You don't have to be alone to be free." These last words were somewhat directed toward the green and red loner. "I am not locked away in the boundaries of my herd. Rather I am allowed to travel and explore the lands while still having a home to return to. Each rank is respected, with all species of equines allowed."

Nuray sought to catch the fae's gaze with her own. A small smile was placed upon her lips, highlighting the features of her face. "Of course you do not have to choose now. You can always explore both herds and see if either one fits your needs. I'm sure the corporal would agree to that." She paused. "If neither are to your liking then you can make the wilderness your home however my invitation will always hold true."

"Talk?"

ooc gonna jump in
image credits

@Eira @Ki'irha @Dovahkiin

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
His gray eyes knew where he was, Nox had become a frequent guest to the threshold. His muscled think body moved with ghost like strides over the warm ground. Tall sun was upon Helovia and the Basin was springing with life and warmth, but he needed a break from it. As his thick muscled body moved in and out the trees, his stone cold gray eyes watched for movement. The trees and shadows danced across his onyx pelt as a smirk flooded his maw. He smelled a female, but not just one he smelt at least four. A sigh left his maw as he began to walk closer wondering if he should turn around right now and leave it alone. Deciding to continue he let his large crowned neck hang level as he began to creep closer. As he looked out he had seen a mare that was from the basin, and another he had seen in passing, but the other two he was not sure of.

They all had spoke their names and continued to speak of where they were from, trying to get the mare to leave with them. A chuckle left his maw softly as he walked out of the shadow dipping his heavily crowned skull dip slightly to all the mares in front of him. He smiled a charming smile to the one who they had to be offering homes to. ""Hello all I am Mortuus Nox, you may call my Nox if you please." He looked to the mare they all were speaking to , his gray dead eyes looked upon her body gazing over each curve. His own muscular body shifted to stand in front the mare as he smiled an alluring smile. His emerald glowed with the beams of sun light peaking through the trees. "Freedom is plentiful here, you may join a herd or like the other mare spoke become an outcast. I decided to find my home in the Aurora Basin, but don't let anyone sway what your is telling you. " He looked to each of the other mares before looking back to her. He voice had a Husky draw of a Latin accent that boomed in his chest. His black scared pelt glistened with the twinkles of sunlight, but his gray eyes remained dead and cold. They never held emotions in them, and this was no exception. He knew this mare would do only what she wants to do, and there was no changing it. All he could do is Hope that his ghostly charm could help bring her to the basin, since this was a mare fest.

Nox might not be the most gorgeous stallion, but he had a charm about him. He was that bad ass boy that was mommies worse fear, but daughters had a hard time resisting him. He may have only been 15.2hh, but he was covered in every inch of muscle. He never acted like he was all that and a cup of tea, but he held him self with pride. This made him easy to talk to, but still drenching with an eerie charm. Nox was not sure if this mare would see this, but it was worth a shot. He never really played his looks with mares, he let them come to him. Most of the time they would creep and follow him like a puppy dog wondering about his haunting personality. He really didn't care if this mare fell for it or not, but it was always worth a try.

OOC:: I HAD to throw him in this!!!
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Again he wandered the Threshold, seeking to offer a home and purpose to those who crossed into Helovia. He had been rather unsuccessful of late— newcomers had been sparse and the battles at the expanding borders had kept him preoccupied. So he greatly welcomed the resounding voice calling authoritatively though the trees. His black tipped ears perked as his interest piqued. Someone who spoke with such force was bound to be entertaining.

His ears strained, listening, has his large hooves carries his heavy body through the trees. “ — sugartits… —freedom” he laughed to himself as he caught the spattering of words. He liked this mare already, despite not even laying eyes on her. Another voice floated into his large ears, vaguely familiar but he couldn't quite place it. He picked out placating words and something of the Basin. He snorted to himself as he heard the unknown mare speak of only unicorns being in the Basin. He had thought so! Those who had corrected him were wrong. His hooves hit the ground with a little more force as annoyance flashed through him.

And unknown, sultry and throaty voice comes through the trees. Though the seduction underlying her tone muffles the actual words, so he does not catch it. But he fully understands the meaning. His brows raise— this was quite the party of equines. He quickens his long, sweeping strides and arrives on the three- now four- equines. For Nuray was there.

Concern flashed over his face as he sees the welts and boils Mauja had passed to the naked mare. Why hadn’t she been healed yet? He bobs his great head and black horn in greeting to the mares, eyes sweeping and landing on the newcomer as Nuray speaks. He stays silent, watching the mare, whose mouth was as brazen as her markings. He looked to her eyes— but broke away his blue gaze before he was caught in her intensely green stare. He studied her fine rack (of antlers)— “You don’t have to be alone to be free,”. “Indeed,” his heartfelt agreement with Nuray’s words pulls the word unconsciously out of his mouth. He lopsidedly grins, falling silent once more.

He opens his mouth, not sure of what he will say as Nuray has spoken so well on behalf of the Edge. He snaps it shut as another stallion arrived. He studies the man, some of his good nature ebbing out of his face. His gut distrusted the bad-boy facade. But the words he spoke were fair and true. So he simply nodded a greeting to Nox, before turning his attention back to the uniquely painted unicorn. “It seems you’ve attracted quite a gathering,” his deep voice rumbles with humor, “I am Tembovu, also of the Edge,” he nods towards Nuray, “And my herdmate has described it well.”

“I second Nox: In Helvoia, your freedom is yours to lose. It would be difficult for someone to take it from you,” he shifts in the group of equines, glancing towards Nox in affirmation. “I have only this to add: being a part of a herd can give you purpose, if you want such a thing. For we, in the Edge, are building our herd,” he looks at the sultry, outcast mare, “Though I am certain the outcast way of life provides unique ambitions and aspirations.” While he was sure it was true, the amused disbelief in his face showed that it was not the lifestyle choice for him.
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

ooc| I AM SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS GOT. I told myself shortpostshortpost for the crowded thread. But that didn't happen. My next will be short <3
@Nuray @Eira @Dovahkiin @Ki'irha @Mortuus Nox

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered

Eira

HOLY HELL IN A HANDBASKET, IT'S AN ORGY. There was a whole flock of strangers that had decided to join in the conversation, each of them talking about their homes and trying to convince me that I would be welcome at any of them. One at a time I listened to the bizarre bunch, positioning myself every time a new unicorn showed up so that we would stand in a circle, preventing myself from being surrounded. The starry girl who had laughed at me before even speaking introduced herself as a corporal, my own gaze widening just slightly with surprise at her rank. The surprise was shifted into disgust as she spoke of this, Aurora Basin, particularly at her comment of them all being gifted with horns. My ears threatened to flick back, but I fought the instinct to continue listening to her words as she spoke of how I would still have my freedom there.

Something about the way Ki'irha described her home rubbed me the wrong way, and I had my doubts on the validity of actually having freedom in a xenophobic herd of unicorns. Before I even had a chance to make a snide remark, another mare had emerged from the shadows to circle around me. Oh hello, miss. The mare stood just as tall as I, crowned with similiar antlers and matched with an emerald gaze. The tone of the mare's voice was what initially caught my attention, my own gaze following her every enticing move as she spoke, lingering over the curves of her body as she curled around me speaking of the fanciful life as an outcast. The tone of her voice didn't even waiver, words like sweet honey dripping from her lips as she smirked. The thought alone sent a delightful visual flashing through my mind, involving her body, honey and a lot of licking. 'Oh honey, I bet you could show me around...' I thought to myself as I smirked at her, taking the opportunity to flick my tail against her as she offered to show me around without even introducing herself.

Then comes in the next girl, a half bald rat of a unicorn covered in splotchy boils, causing me to step backwards before she could get too close. This taller, infected woman spoke of an entirely different herd that overlooked the ocean. Skeptically, I let the half-naked girl drone on about how you didn't have to be alone to be free. What a load of crock. I bet she believes in fairy tales too, waiting on her prince charming to sweep her off her feet with true love's first kiss. Just like the other girl, she kept the invitation open even I turned her away as well as speaking as how she was still free to roam the lands. I still had my doubts about the amount of freedom they truly had. Plus, I wasn't sure that I would be so willing to follow someone covered in boils to a herd that wasn't very large. What if they were all like that?

Suddenly there was a heavy scent in the air, musky and stronger than any mare I had ever met. It was unfamiliar to me, but by the god's did it smell good. My nares flared to better memorize the arousing scent, a new heat flushing through my body with a wave of adrenaline and hormones. Who, I had to know, had this powerful, testosterone filled musk? A chuckle from the shadows made me jerk my crown to the side, my jaw going slack as a black stud revealed himself. A stallion. There were stallions here! With greedy eyes I stared at the brute, though he didn't stand much taller than myself and his coat was as plain as a shadow, there was still something incredibly alluring about him. As he spoke of being in the Aurora Basin as well, his presence damn near made me say 'I volunteer!'. If there was one stallion, there had to be more in the Aurora Basin right?

But this was man was not the only one to linger, the testosterone in the air doubling as another stallion joined us. 'It seems you've attracted quite a gathering.' Ah, so this was not normal? A massive welcome committee that was eager to fetch a new recruit for their herds, though it seemed that recruiting was not uncommon. So why were this many so quick to try and fetch me? Tearing my gaze away from the mystery man that was Nox, I was surprised to look up (way up) at a hulking beast of sex-on-a-stick. The burning fire between my legs that had been lit by Nox suddenly ignited into a roaring flame as the stallion spoke, my hungry eyes ravishing over the muscles that bulged beneath his coat. Tembovu...I would be sure to remember that name, only half-listening to his words as fantasy's played in my head. He too was from the World's Edge, which meant that Helovia must be full of hulking beasts that were each waiting for me to take a taste of. Bruises, bitemarks and sounds of ecstasy, I wanted to see it all without being limited to one herd. Something he said threw me off guard, bringing only more questions. Something about being in a herd giving you a purpose, such as the World's Edge building their herd.

It seemed that each of them had spoken their piece, putting in their two cents and were now waiting for the show that was my choice. For a moment, I cast my emerald gaze across each and every one of them, memorizing names and saving faces and fantasies for my own personal spank bank. Each of them had something promising about them, just as the each of them had something that made me feel wary. So far, the one that I was least wary about was the striped vixen that didn't even introduce herself. It seemed to offer the most freedom of them all..."Tell me, for those that have found a 'purpose' in your homes. Once your herd has grown, this World's Edge that you speak of, then what? What new purpose will you serve? Armies? Expansion? Then you would need more healers, more crafters, more warriors to help take this to a new limit. It's an endless cycle of collecting without a real purpose as you speak. You can welcome those into your home, but for what purpose really? Because everyone that comes seeks that false sense of belonging, but I've been there. I've been in a herd with a "purpose", and it was the same shit on a different day, every day."

My gaze darted towards the two of the Aurora Basin, the fire returning to my eyes for a moment as I glanced over Nox. "Why just the horned? I've seen plenty winged and plain equines that serve just as much use, if not more so, than a unicorn. Why the superiority? It shows how limited this Aurora Basin is, in my opinion. And to what sort of freedom would I really have with each of these herds? Sure, I can bounce around here to there, but where are my loyalties to lie? What would I truly owe in order to be welcome there? To fight for the herd? Breed for the herd? Die for the herd? Sheer common sense tells me that no one is welcome without something being expected of them in return, you call it a purpose. I call it a job, a restraint, a debt. I don't wish to owe anyone my unlimited loyalties just to be able to say 'yeah, I live in this group.'"

"Not one of you even know my name, yet you all come offering homes to a stranger without a second thought. For what?" Lastly, my gaze dropped to the sultry mare who seemed to mirror my own ambitions and desires. I spoke to the entire group, though my gaze lingered on her with a coy smirk. Perhaps our like-minded attitudes could help each other out and she could understand my hidden message, as I with-held my name just as she had from me. As much as I really, really, really wanted to follow one of the studmuffin's to their homes in hopes of getting a little more than just a private tour, I couldn't. I apologize for your troubles, but I've been tied down to a herd before with the same duties and responsibilities that I imagine your homes would present me with. Until I can better learn of these herds, truly know what you are offering, I don't think that I can accept to join them just yet. I have much to see, many to meet, and much to do in Helovia before I can tie myself down again." '...And many to do.'

"blah blah blah."