the Rift

Welcome to my Hell

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy

Nox
"Your fears have just become all too real.."

Nox looked up into the sky, it was covered with dark clouds that caused to forest to cast a deep shadow over his onyx black coat. He snorted loud and stomped the ground mumbling Latin to himself; he was perfectly content with himself as he started walking through the trees. His Pale gray eyes held no expression as he picked his way around each tree in a careless way. His feet stomped the ground killing a small lizard that tried to escape his path, but the poor creature had no chance. Nox was a built killing machine, no matter what it was he would put up a fight even if it was the smallest of creatures. His main flew softly behind him and his large thick tail drug the ground in an ghostly manner. The shadows of the trees danced like demons from hell on his pelt, he was a ghostly site that would make some of the most hardened creatures take a double glance thinking they had seen a ghost.

"Lets see what there is in this.. interesting world. Maybe there are some ladies to play around with. "

His voice was deep and rumbled his chest when he spoke; the Latin accent twisted around each work and dripped from his mouth like crimson blood. He threw his onyx horn into a tree next to him taking off a layer of bark two inches thick. He sighed softly bored due to the lack of nothing around him but just trees. He was not to worried about being alone or in unfamiliar woods, he knew he could most likely put up a good fight with who ever... or what ever crossed his path. He kept on mumbling Latin out loud thinking no one was around to hear what he was saying. Most of his thoughts would always come out of his mouth, but only in Latin. He knew most could not understand the dead language and he had to get thoughts out of his head some how, so he spoke them. Only he ever really knew what he was saying and he liked to keep it that way. Nox was not the type that would allow anyone into his mind or even let them know what he was saying.

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It almost seemed like Rexanna ended up in the Threshold due to the type of sense in the air. The same thing had happened when she tried to recruit Tembovu to the Basin; she just had this type of feeling that she needed to end up here. And here she was again. Another day of wandering the Threshold endlessly, reminiscing on those she had met here not too long ago. The winged creature known as Resplendance and her superior Thrandiul, a golden beast of secrecy. She wondered if there would ever be a day that she would learn more about that beast, but how would she know if he was telling the truth? He was an experienced liar, great at the fact of getting you to learn what he wanted you to about him. Keeping every nook and cranny of his true self hidden from view. She had learned much from Helovia and the issues at hand, but her mind continued to dance around the fact that she was still quite new and to get anyone to listen to her was a task within itself. It would work eventually, wouldn’t it? Only time could tell.

Aimless wanderings had landed her near a clearing. Spotting nothing but a group of birds flying to and fro from the tree branches to the ground in search for worms, she sighed in frustration. She was going to go insane if she didn’t come across a decent soul that could actually converse coherently. Her teal eyes scanning the bark of the trees before she noticed some fresh hoof prints beneath her. Lifting a hoof, she checked to see if it was from her walking in circles. While it was roughly similar in depth, the size was different. So with that, the vixen knew that there was someone nearby. She then hoped that this creature had not been one already recruited or another wandering soul searching much like herself.

She trudged on a bit further, stepping past the clearing and taking note of the clouds making the Threshold feel almost frozen in Winter’s grasp. A slight exhale causing a small cloud to form from her nostrils as she continued in her step. That was when she saw it. A creature she didn’t recognized, donned with two charred horns. Rexanna in comparison was bright, pelt a mix of cream, gold, and ash. Her golden horn carried a gold chain attached to it that wiggled like worms with every step she took. She took in the creature before her; quite dark and almost haunting. She wasn’t sure it was a familiarity in the darkness, or whether or not it was a new creature. She’d have to find out. Stepping forward a bit more, she approached the creature from the side. Eyes scanning the areas surrounding to try and spot a companion if he indeed had one. With no such luck, she assumed he either didn’t have one or that it was good at hiding. Judging from the shape and muscular structure of this phantom, she could tell he was a stag and of quite the curious type. Clearing her throat lightly, she spoke allowing herself to be known even if her footsteps had been rather quiet and concealed.

"Hello there. Welcome to Helovia." Her voice was like silk, dripping from her lips in a kind of display. A display of welcoming and pleasantry. Part of her slightly hoped that he was in fact new, otherwise this could end up being embarrassing.

Welcome, Dressy! :D I can do my best to answer any questions you may have! @[Mortuus Nox]

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
[Image: 16a5t81.png]

a delicate trot carries her through the land of unfamiliars, amethyst eyes sweeping over the frosted forest as she steps over the boundaries of the land before the Threshold, the trees growing denser as she makes her way through. the venr had no reason to gather souls, but she thought it was a necessary duty she needed to fulfill. a quiet patter of footsteps alerts the porcelain dam, lavender cape shifting as she takes a curious, cautious step forward. vado animadverto quis is est, she sends the gentle order over the expanse of sky, through the clouds and feels it delve into the mind of her dark avian companion. the owl sweeps downward in a quick movement, descending upon the forest in a fatal silence.

"est a vir," the bird answers, deep screech leading her forward as she weaves gracefully through the trees, ethreal being appearing before a mortal man who appears to be mumbling to himself. she eyes him, recognizing his words to be veiled beneath a thick latin accent. an emotion never before known, the saint stumbles forward and gives a smile. "operor vos agnosco?" she questions, eyes widening with curiousity. fear is shed as the glass figurine takes a step forward, her eyes trailing over the muscular body that stood before her, draped in deep ebony and armed with ashen horns. with him was a mare, peculiar in design. the mare was more comforting to see, the innocent minded edging more towards her, in hopes that this strange woman would protect her if the beast was to strike.

the prospect of having someone else to understand her delicate, intricate and foreign language became her fatal flaw as she settled herself a few strides away from the stallion, her phobias shed as she blossomed at the idea of having someone to converse with. her avian settled lazily upon her withers, talons entangled within the silvery pauldron that decorated her pure shoulders. "operor non fides is vir." a low hiss and whistle accompanied by the rustling of midnight feathers signals the distrust in the man lingering before her. vos nunquam fides quisquam, the angel complains, her normal blank expression slipping over her transparent features as she hears the scratching of sharp claws against her smooth skin.

I'LL TELL YOU MY SINS AND YOU CAN SHARPEN YOUR KNIFE

Dressy

Nox

His pale gray eyes glanced over the forest looking for a sole that would be wondering it. Nox snorted and shook his head as soon as the scent of a lady hit his masculine muzzle. His black lips stayed quiet as if they were sewed shut. They did not pucker or move as the sweet scent of the female grew closer. When the flock of birds flew from their resting place in the dead trees he knew she was drawling closer. He shifted his weight standing tall and proud. Even though his body was upright his figure still held the appearance of a phantom, like he could disappear at any moment. His tattered thick mane laid on his thick neck like the dead souls he had taken. He flicked his long black tail and it broke the silence that he had been sitting in.

The mare finally became visible to his dead lifeless eyes. She was a unicorn like himself, but she only held one golden horn on her crown. It was twisted like a golden serpent had wrapped its body around the long horn giving it curves. Her pelt was bright and glowing compared to his onyx black skin that draped over his body. With how bright this mare was one would assume it would reflect with in his eyes, but there was nothing. Nox's eyes remained dead and lifeless. A thought ran through his head and in an attempt to rid it he spoke in Latin mumbling, and shook his large mane moving his black tresses around the base of his horns.
"Well I guess I ended up in some crazy land.. But hello little lady. My name is Mortuus Nox, but I go by Nox. "

He spoke with a deep twisted Latin accent as the words poured from his mouth like honey. When he spoke he knew how to put a twist on each word to make it sound as if gold was twisted in each spoken word. His eyes still remained the same even though his voice was so rich. He then heard the sound of another Mare and his pale orbs moved to see another standing near him, but there was a twist. She spoke his language. He did not let it show in his face that he was horrified by this and heard what the owl hissed. He did not show one speck of concern with what the raptor spoke and opened his black velvet mouth again.

"Nunc quid credis? Ego novi equorum credere noluerunt satis acri rectissime peregrinus equae primo aspectu. Se nosse eum sustinebunt.

The Latin poured out of his mouth like a flowing waterfall. He giggled to himself after speaking, this bird was something else.. Then again he never really got along with the avian species. He turned to look back at the golden mare then moved his large scared body so he could see both females.

@[Rexanna] @[Ayelet]

Well it didn’t seem to take long before another creature joined the duo. A mare much like herself, although quite peculiar. Her body seemed to be that of glass and accompanying her was an owl. Ah, so she had been here awhile. Teal eyes watched the mare curiously as a bit of fear was shown. It almost seemed as if this battered statue of a stag startled the mare with his appearance. Her eyes then danced to the male, eyes travelling across his scars and tattered pelt. There was a feeling within her from him that he held quite a library of stories. Her eyes then flashed over his dull lifeless ones, many of which she had been used to seeing from her past. Those riddled by war and death seemed to carry that kind of stature that almost nothing seemed to surprise them or cause interest. It was at this point where she wondered if he too had come from a war torn land.

It was then when she heard his voice, thickened with an accent that was unfamiliar to her. Her ears swiveled to the sounds of his voice. Offering him a gentle smile, she offered the two crowned equines with a bow of hello. ”It can be crazy at times.” A small laugh escaped her maw, soft and genuine. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you Nox. I am Rexanna. I hail from the Aurora Basin.” She offered another smile before passing a glance to the mare, curious if she was planning on speaking as well. Then she heard Nox speak in a language quite foreign to her. She swiveled her ears a bit trying to piece out anything if she could, but alas nothing made any sense to her. Shifting her weight slightly, her dual colored tail brushed her haunches before she danced her attention between the mare and Nox before speaking again. ”Do you by chance seek a place of refuge?” Her question was genuinely curious. She wondered if from the reaction of the femme if she was planning on trying to take him home or if fear fell within her body enough to where she would leave him be?

The golden vixen laid eyes across his body once more, making mental notes of the scarring again. He was quite the curious one, definitely a creature she’d want to learn about more. Peeling her eyes from him as not to stare, she turned them to the mare in case she had more to say.

@[Ayelet] @[Mortuus Nox]

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
[Image: 16a5t81.png]

the golden woman claims a name, the name and face stored away somewhere deep in the empty porcelain mind. rexanna.. lavender turns up to scan the dappled alabaster presented before her, curious as to the land she hails. the aurora basin, a herd unfamiliar, a bevy of beings equipped with only crowns and purest blood. the crystalline innocent would not fair well in such harsh climates, her fragility becoming a weakness in below freezing atmospheres. the foreign woman is forgotten, her presence shed beneath the brilliant light of the man before her. his battered midnight flesh entranced her, his familiar language a comfort to her in her darker times. "unde operor vos hail, frater?" she questions, an ear propped up in curiousity.

"ego adveho ex new rheven," she offers, gazing at him as a strange yet familiar name presents itself, slipping from her echoing case as she speaks. thinking it would be fair to speak in the awkward tongue that was so commonly shared throughout the land. "i came. to offer home— in edge." she pauses, eyeing him. "edge in north— west. we ruled by king torleik and king mauja. they— good." she nods her head, ignoring the constant hiss of her avian companion, his distrust blossoming into her own. she timidly shrinks away from the two, her visible heart pulsating rapidly as her fears overwhelm her once again and she's shoved back into the darkness. she feels her expression fall from her face, translucent features slipping into a state of neutrality.

I'LL TELL YOU MY SINS AND YOU CAN SHARPEN YOUR KNIFE

Dressy

Nox

The battered stag listened to each delicate mare speak with their angelic voices ringing in his black ears. Rexanna or the golden one as he called her talked with such ease to him, almost like she was expecting him to be out there. The words she spoke twisted around inside his ears.. refuge? He had never been asked about that, in fact he really had no clue of what it really was. He had always been alone, never traveling with someone else. His lifeless orbs peered back at the glass one, she was much different than the golden one. She seemed very timid, almost scared of anything. The owl though he wanted to just tear the hissing avian into a pile of meaningless feathers; the hiss was driving him insane, and the inner psychopath was slamming at the the cracks in his stone cold eyes. They held still though as he then looked away realizing the hissing puff of feather's must be trying to get at him in some way. He slightly chuckled as he opened his maw letting the accented words flow from his mouth.

" Well I am not really sure what refuge is, you see i have lived a lone life depending on my self for a long time. I really don't depend on others much, they have a habit of... "

He stopped himself from speaking any more of that subject, something in his convoluted mind told him he was giving out too much information.

" I'm sorry about that ladies I was rambling on about useless stuff. It seem's that both of you maidens come asking me about a home. Why might I ask? I am just intrigued by this new land I have come across, for there are clearly very beautiful creatures here, unlike my self."

He knew just when to let that gleam of light catch his eye's as he allowed a small grin to come across his maw. He knew that he really was not an ugly creature, maybe ghostly, but not ugly. His stance was quite large with his defined muscles under his lace like velvet. His Black demonic horns were plain, but still had an enchanting beauty about them. Lifeless orbs flicked back and forth waiting for each mare to speak as he shifted his large weight to relax on one black pillar making one stand steady and strong supporting his toned body.

@[Rexanna] @[Ayelet]

Ears swiveled to the glass mare as she spoke a language unknown to her, mimicked by the sounds of the male. Then, when she least expected it, the creature spoke in a language she could understand. Albeit, broken, but the effort was well appreciated and Rexanna offered her a gentle smile as thanks for the inclusion of the group. She spoke of the Edge, which Rexanna had gathered as possibly the World’s Edge. Her interest in that land was there only because of Tembovu until the mare had spoken of Mauja. Ah yes, the spotted beast that seemed ever so kind. The golden vixen hadn’t a clue that the Mauja she met not long ago in the Threshold had actually been the King. She’d have to try and catch up with him. She felt as though she had much to learn from him especially when it came to his demeanor. Where the mare was from, everyone flaunted their titles. So it came as a slight surprise that the spotted stag had not in their previous encounter. With a nod to the glass mare, she had to agree. Mauja was kind and strong willed. Very well knowledged. However, a small part of Rex knew that if this stag was going to get along with somebody, that it would be Deimos, the lord of the Basin. His dark composure and fleeting feeling of death upon site just seemed to fit right up this creature’s alley. And suddenly she found herself wishing this stag to return to her home in a show to Deimos that she was worth it. It wasn’t like there was a reason as to why she needed to prove herself. Perhaps it was just fitting for the recognition from him. A kind of longing for the acceptance of doing good. That was what she needed right now.

Teal eyes danced over to the scarred stag. His words hit her ears and she couldn’t help but nod in agreement. Then as he began to ramble, his words stopped short before he switched the subject. Yes, she had been talking of a home. But the reason why is a good enough reason to her to wonder what she was going to gather from bringing him back. Perhaps it was something for the good of it all for she hadn’t really met any other outcasts other than Caleb, and we can see how well that went. Being a mistress to an outcast was really hush hush to her, but it was still something that left a small salty taste in the back of her mouth at the thought of the group as a whole. Eyes scanned over the stag once more before she shifted her weight, gold chain vibrating and swinging with the movement of the mare. ”Past experiences are hardly useless. One learns much from them regardless if it’s a good experience or bad.” She spoke, offering a kind smile to the stallion. ”I simply ask because Helovia is quite the large frontier. Having a place to rest is quite comforting in knowing you’re always welcome. Also, you would be quite surprised at the variety of creatures within this realm. I have a slight suspicion that you would fit in extremely well with the Basin.” Her voice almost seemed to carry a genuine smile. Her eyes watching him for any hint of expression only to be let down by that constant lifeless look she was sure he would keep. Yes, much like Deimos. Perhaps they would get along quite well.

@[Ayelet] @[Mortuus Nox] Sorry it took a bit!

Dressy

Nox

The black beast listened with intent as the golden vixen spoke. He quietly looked over each curve and her beautiful tresses that laid on her golden neck. She was almost as beautiful to him then the cold black depths of the forest ( To him that was beauty). He softly shook his onyx crown making the black stags tresses lay like a spider web over his demonic horns. The white frostbitten land made the ghostly shadow stand out like a sore thumb. He did not mesh into this part of the grounds like he would in the deep black hole of the thick forest.

He thought about the sweet tones that the golden goddess like vixen spoke. Hmm he would fit in.. He knew that would never really be true due to his personality. He never really got along with others, they usually always end up dead because they piss him off and he snaps like a true psychopath he really is. He would never let those thoughts leave his locked crazed mind. Maybe he can find the killers of his father there he does know it was a horned one. All the thoughts flooded in at once and the split personality's within his crown were talking at once. He silenced them out and looked back at the golden beauty. Her horn with embellished with a gold chain, unlike the single emerald that was only mounted in his left horn.

"Hmm so you think i will.. as you call it Fit in... I guess i can see what all the fuss is about at this so called basin. "

He smiled allowing a small glimmer to dance into his pale eyes.

" As long as you will be the one showing me around, i enjoy the company of a beautiful lady ."

He secretly was screaming in his head; he knew this was a bad idea for him, but he did not want to let a beautiful creature like herself just slip away from him. The black stag decided he would amuse her by seeing what this place was like. Maybe he will get more time to sweep her off her feet when they arrive. When the ghostly stag put his mind to something he would never let it slip away... He WILL get what he wants..

@[Rexanna]

Teal orbs danced across the snowfall with the mesh of all three equine’s hoofprints. Curious as to how he would withstand the cold in the Basin. It was chilly, but at least the hot springs were there. Never freezing, always hot. It was comforting if one couldn’t stand the chill of winter’s grasp any longer. She had personally never been, but the thought stayed in the back of her mind that she needed to visit and explore that particular sector. Her eyes drew back to the creature as his rumbled voice reached the vixen’s eardrums. Offering him a smile and a nod. The golden chain dancing with each movement. ”You are more than welcome to take a peek and see if it suits your liking.” Her voice was gentle and calm.

She was hiding her excitement in actually being successful in recruiting. Granted, it wouldn’t be so certain until he accepted the agreement, but she at least was able to convince him to return there with her. She knew it would be quite the long journey, but listening to his next set of words it didn’t seem like it would be too long of a journey with good company. She laughed gently before tilting her head lightly and swishing her tail so the dual colored tassels fell over her back haunches with a feather like ease. ”I shall be your guide.” Her smile grew bigger, mimicking that glimmer that she found in his own pale ones. Turning her attention to the other mare, she offered a gentle nod of goodbye before turning herself in the way she came, back to the Basin. ”If you’re ready, we can start out before it gets too dark.”

@[Mortuus Nox]

Dressy

Nox

A cold wind picked up as the two discussed the finals of him going to the Basin. He did not flinch from the bone chilling breeze he just stood in his place and nodded his black crown. The cold winter never bothered him,but some might say it is because he has a cold sole. As he watched the mare turn to walk sinister grin flooded his maw as he trudged through the relentless snow. The grin slowly slid off his face making sure the golden vixen did not see it. Little did she know she was doing exactly what he wanted her to do, he will make her his..

" you lead the way amo"

The latin word for love dripped out of his maw like melted chocolate with a velvet ease of a latin accent.

"For you know the way, and I shall just follow allowing your golden beauty to light the way."

He smiled at the mare softly as he looked ahead. Gray orbs did not even reflect the white pure snow they remained the same as if they were locked in time. He was ready to see what this new place was, maybe there was more beautiful mares like the one leading him through the snowy lands. One thing was for sure though he did not care what had to be done, or who had to be hurt he wanted thus beautiful golden lady. Imagine the foal that would come from such a beautiful creature, and how powerful it would grow to be. The black stag always passed down the favorable genes in the past, but it is mostly from selecting the correct mare. He smiled thinking about it as the two trudged through the mounds of white frozen snow flakes.

@[Rexanna]

OOC: Sorry it took me awhile to post, but here i am ! i am house sitting this week lol :) will you make a welcoming post???