the Rift

MY HEART FILLED UP WITH NOTHING.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
The salt in the air brings a sting to your soft nostrils, a dryness to the back of your throat. It is deeply that you breathe in, eyes closing as gentle gusts of bitingly cold wind lick the damp lines on your cheeks, pulls your hair in to wild arcs that dance listlessly. The sky looms over you as heavy as your heart, colorless and gray; its coldness reflecting in the sea sprawled before you. It reminds you nothing of what once was your home, as you had thought, hoped, craved.

You had always meant to go back, one day.

Back to the warm sand, the sea -- the halls filled with memories of what had been, empty promises of what should have continued to be. You had always meant to go back, from the second you had left that ghost of a good thing, maybe hoping that it would all be a dream. That you would return and your brother would be there with his stories and his songs and his love, no longer a corpse rotting beneath summer suns, Ama with her patience, Da with his understanding.

That it would all just... be.

You, indeed, had hoped.

You had clutched to the idea with a desperateness that you hadn't ever known before, afraid to accept the truth, too heartbroken, too consumed.

For months it had been the moment before the fall; you held your breath, heart quaking within your throat, so swollen that it hurt, your mind too busy to know what you were thinking anymore, your body too tense to remember how to relax. Maybe you had thought that that was what you were supposed to do, keep alive their memory by holding on to every ounce of them that you could, until too weak, too tired, incapable of keeping your grasp, they would fade into nothingnness.

It had been a sudden realization that had brought you here, so far from home. The sudden realization that the numbness in your chest had started to reside, replaced by the fragile, budding happiness you had found in the frigid north, so different from everything you had known. You had always meant to go back, to cement your fears in to stone, to abolish your foolish hope, and bury them along with your heavy, heavy heart so that it wouldn’t hurt anymore.

But you are beyond that now.

Slowly you step forwards, body sinking ever so slightly into the cold sand with each step, stopping only once you reach the water’s edge. It is cool as it pushes against your ankles just to pull away again, and a small, sad smile creases along your lips.

"I'm sorry--"
-- sorry for abandoning everything.
For losing you in the first place.

This goodbye would have to be enough.

* @[Misael] sorry about this sad excuse for a post.
they'll get better, i promise~!

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare

Well damn. The invincible stallion he supposed he was had gotten hurt. All the traveling and walking around was bound to hurt him at some point, but he still refused to believe that a dumb rock could slice open his skin. Stopping from his continued traveling, he looked back to his flank where a small cut existed. It was deep though and he could see the dirt and grime that mixed within it's depths, as well as a steady line of dry and fresh red blood. Using his lips he reached out to touch the tender area around his flank, but let out a loud "Damn" instead, pain shooting through his system. He assumed his stubbornness of not going in water had gotten the cut infected, boy had he been stupid. He couldn't ignore the wound now, and was forced to near the salty water's edge.

Golden eyes caught a silver shimmer as his bronze nails touched the cold sands. Squinting in the darkness of the sunset, he made out and equine--female. Ears twisted forward as words slipped from the fae's mouth, the soft and soothing tone of the sea whispering it's notes into his ears as he processed her words. 'I'm sorry?' Misael looked around, confused when he noticed that there was no other to have heard her grief laden apology. Suddendly forgetting all about the bleeding gash on his flank, he approached the mare. As he did so, he couldn't help but let his eyes travel down the mare's form. Her body looked utterly feminine; delicate and small. Her tresses are a stunning white that complements the browns and creams of her coat with pristine levels. Lastly, he noticed the horns upon her crown. Deer horns were no defensive weapon, they were meant for battle and for the offense, unlike his own massive ibex horns, which were curved back to evade any attack.

Raising his eyes from their tour around the little mare, he let out a clearing of his throat, in an attempt to not startle her from her delirium that she seemed to be tranced in. "Are you alright?" He asked with a cock of his colored face, golden eyes blazing their way into the stormy eyes of this mare.

TAG: @[Enna]
OCC: Oh dear god what is this post. EW EW EW. It's 2 am but I was too excited for this to ignore wanting to post, so here's shit. PS: your post was hella amazing btw.

I WILL BE WAY QUICKER NEXT TIME!!!!!!

</style>
</style>

Art by Jen

like punching in a dream, breathing life into a nightmare

It is the shuffling of feet in the sand, the sudden presence of something behind you, the way he clears his throat that rips your eyes from the sea, forces you to swallow the lump in your throat, to hide away your tender heart.

Are you alright?

Annoyance fills the aching void within you, partially for him and his intrusion, and part for yourself for expecting to be left alone. You pirouette on tiny heals, stopping to face the darkness of his skin dead on, a frown tugging subtly at the corners of your lips.

Whatever defiance you had felt rising within you dissipates in those eyes reflecting the sun the moment you look at him, blinking with a stunned confusion. Forcing your eyes elsewhere on his masculine face, the strange blue of his neck, the multitude of color within the curls of his hair, rivaling the length of your own, you decide you do not wish to risk him asking further questions, and so with a quick, almost silent huff, you feign happiness, lips curving to a smile, hiding all of your insecurities and not-good-enoughs and I-wishes.

“Yes. Why shouldn't I be?”

The lie comes easy enough, though the taste is strange, bitter, and slightly guilt-inducing. You had never made a habit of lying, though none of this was (is) any of his business. You had meant to be alone, to stay alone, but with an inner shrug you suppose that that cannot be changed. He had already intruded on something that you had meant to remain private, and you do not see the sense in not making the best of it. And so you relent, your mismatched eyes once again find the sunflower colors of his own, your natural curiosity punching holes through the raw emotions swirling inside of you. “Are you?”

fantasydesignstock | meihua-stock | landkeks-stock

@[Misael]
meh not a huge fan but i wanted to get this up before bed :3
ps, i figured she wouldn't be able to see the cut on his leg from where she was standing so i didn't mention it. i didn't think it would give off a smell bad enough to be picked up on either. so whether he mentions it or something idk XD sorry. i can revise if you would like me to~

No master of manipulation was oblivious to emotions. It's what he thrived off of, it was the single most powerful weapon he had against his foe. How intriguing it was, truly. Such simple entities in life could be used against you and those very demons are more powerful then any creature on any planet. No one really had true control, they merely obtained a vague version of "control" when your emotions allowed so, how dull life was. He was trained to pick up every hint, every tension, the cream and white mare must have underestimated him. Did he really always look like an asshole, blind of brokeness? Whatever, not his problem.

"You females, always so content on hiding. When a great man like myself offers an ear to listen, you should use that to your advantage, lovely therapy." He said with a raise of his brow. Women so damn complicated, that's why he preferred activities where strings weren't attached. (maybe one day) "You don't have to be okay you know?" He said with the lack luster words, still holding his signature cockiness. He couldn't hide his playboy side, it's what made life worth living he supposed.

When she spoke again, he was refreshingly surprised. Whether she meant the gash on his flank (which he assumed she had no knowledge of) or his simple existing, it occurred to him that he had never been asked such a thing. It had never been about him, it was always someone else....
Before he let himself dive into what little of his past he could remember, he shook it all away. Misael was brave, he was strong, regal and powerful, such drifts of the mind were unacceptable. He would not wallow in his pity, that was for the weak and he was strong. "Oh yes deary, I am fine. Except for this unfortunate gash on side here. Figured the sea water might help clean out the infection." Misael was such a smooth lier, but was this really a lie? Was he fine? He didn't know, not even he, the baddest brute around knew how to gain control of the demons of despair and desire. His golden eyes looked back towards his wound as he showed it to her, turning his body so the little light in the night hit the bleeding cut. Nothing a little water couldn't heal, infections were harmless. Quickly, he swiveled back to where he was before, hiding the stupid thing.

"Do I get to know your name?" He asked with another charming raise of his brow. Never capable of turning off his charms, they were apart of his nature.

OCC: Feeling better about quality, but it's late as I finished the post so sorry for it's decline in sense. Hope enna doesn't mind big ol' brutish Misael

</style>
</style>

Art by Jen

You females, always so content on hiding. When a great man like myself offers an ear to listen, you should use that to your advantage, lovely therapy.’ It takes everything in you not to laugh, to quell both the amusement and disgust that swells alarmingly quick within you. “Great, but yet you assume I’m hiding, without knowing a thing.” Lips flatten to a straight line though your eyes have ignited with some misplaced mockery. He had offered to listen, and here you are throwing it back in his face, but you do not care. You have tried your best to make it clear that it is not something you would like to discuss, and his insistence only makes you resistant. ‘You don’t have to be okay you know?’ For a moment you pause, the words striking a chord within you. It had been too long that you hadn't been okay; that you had struggled to free yourself from the night-terrors, to shed the regret and sorrow and lost dreams, still clinging to you like a second skin. But you are trying, trying to be alright.

“I've spent what feels like an eternity not being okay; I want to be alright because I'm tired of hurting. It isn't so much that I would like to hide, from you or anything, just... I want to move on instead of running.” It is still none of his business, you note stubbornly, though the fire you felt moments before has been extinguished. As he speaks again, however, you soften, forgetting your angst, brows furrowing with concern for the stranger. Your eyes are allowed simply a glance of the cut splattered across his limb, but even in the fading light it doesn't seem all too bad. You smile then, nodding your head in agreement with his words. “You would be right. However, do you mind?” You do not wait for permission, instead meandering your way to his side, his mass towering over you like a skyscraper, his warmth choking.

You have to fight the anxiety that rises within you as you press your lips to his flesh, the fear of failure forming a lump in your throat. You had never done this before, not successfully, and while it would likely heal on its own, you can help, so why shouldn’t you at least try? You inhale sharply, your heart beginning to pour itself into the sparks of electricity that rise rampant within your veins. It is within seconds that a hum resonates in your mind, loud and consuming, and you can feel the shift of flesh, the way it swells back in to place, the smell of infection giving way once more to the salt of the sea, his earthen tones of pine and sand sharp within your nostrils.

It is then that you back away, your limbs weak beneath you as you try to move further, the mending taking more of you than you thought it could, though you are determined to hide it, and so you decide to remain still as possible for now. Upon examining the now woundless leg, a small smile curves your lips, your head swimming with exhaustion, even though your heart is ecstatic. “I’ve never done that before.” You admit, eyes glancing towards his dark face in quiet excitement. “Did it hurt? Does it?” You would assume not, but you had never experienced either end before. You had not expected it to take so much out of you, though a new wave of satisfaction washes over you as you again glance at the smooth surface of his skin. Maybe it would be the same for the pain. The notion makes you grimace, newborn anxiety blooming within your stomach. It is only now that you remember that he had asked your name, and though you sigh, you do your best to smile through masked concern. “Enna.”

@[Misael]

Liquid solar sights continued to rain fire down on the mare. It had now become his mission to break her shell, crack the layered stone that she buried herself in. Although he knew little about the white ribboned doll, he knew much about her type. On the outside Misael was a brutish dick that only cared about two things; women and what they offered him and power. It was simple, the way he liked to live his life. In the inside, he was a knowledge hungry man who questioned theories and offered philosophical debate, in better words; he was a wise nerd. No one knew of that side though, for knowledge wouldn't gain him power, not the type he wanted. Knowledge was simply and aid, and fear and respect is what would gain him title(or so he believes.) His ear twitched at the sound of her voice, it reminded him of his mother. He could vaguely remember the way her voice was laced with masks and concealers, all to hide her broken heart. In that moment he tried to dig deeper, to know why she was broken, what she looked like, but just as quickly as that moment came, it was gone. Forcing the striped stallion back into a world in which he didn't know his history and all he was left with was himself.

His eyes left her face for a spilt second, a pained look about them. He wanted to know himself, his lineage and it actually hurt that he couldn't. His eyes reformed into two beautiful and blazing orbs, mirth rising in them at her words. "I know much more then you think, so tell me, are you truly 'okay?'" Misael questioned, appalled at his own care for this lady. It was generally more of a 'wam, bam, thank you ma'am' type deal for him, but her façade pulled on his heart strings and he felt inclined, drawn, to listen.

Her next words generally surprised him, she gave him a glimpse of her inner turmoil and he felt sorrowful, not in way of pity for the mare, but in pity of the doomed equine race. He saw little hope in it's future as more and more creatures lost faith in theirselves, resulting in someone such as the cream dandelion near him. Misael wanted to dig, dig deep into the stone layers and find her story. He wanted to help. "What stops you? What force holds you back from the leap to freedom? Is there such a being at all?" He asked his ibex horns tilting to the side as he questioned her. If she hadn't realized yet, Misael was a man who would get what he wanted, and resisting such ideas would be foolish, if he wanted to know, he would.

A sideways smile drifted across his lips as the still unnamed beauty examined his petty cut, perhaps he had misjudged her helplessness, the way she did so without asking reminded him of himself. He was an asshole, and assholes do as assholes does. "I guess that was not up to me was it?" He chuckled, muscled neck watching her look at the wound. A chill was sent through his body as her lips touched his cut, a stinging sensation covered his flank, but the pain was dull and bearable. His eyes glittered with curiosity as she magically healed what once was a bleeding gash. "No it does not hurt, I am in your debt, thank you, although you shouldn't have." He said with a regal respectable voice, slowly she was proving to be worth the time he would spend talking with her if she so permitted.

"How do you feel? Did it hurt you?" He asked with necessary wonder and concern, whatever she just bestowed upon him had to have some sort of reaction on her. He wanted to be sure she was alright, no more blood was to be spilt on his hooves. Misael wouldn't have it. His large frame swung around to face the delicate fae, finally being able to place a name to the antlered princess. "Well what a true delight it is to meet you Enna, I am Misael of the Dragon's Throat." The kladruber said, reaching out an azure muzzle in greeting.
OCC: Waiting to click with him.... enna <3333

</style>
</style>

Art by Jen

[/quote]

I know much more than you think, so tell me, are you truly okay?’ You can swear that you had never met someone so insistent, so utterly infuriating, and yet, even as your blood begins to boil, you hold your tongue. It is only silence, silence and a slightly incredulous look that the man gets in return to his questions. You do not see why it should matter to him, do not see what significance your well-being holds, and so you do not see the point in answering him for what feels like the hundredth time. But even as you draw this conclusion something shifts, changes entirely and yet everything seems exactly the same. You look to him from under those long lashes, eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he pries once more.

"What force?" You blink slowly, eyebrows furrowing together as you simply stare some more, caught in-between anger and all the hurt you had tried to bury and trying desperately to forget the latter. You want to be angry with him, want to cut him and make him bleed the way that he has done to you, to leave so you can fall apart on your own terms, away from this strange man and his stranger’s eyes. But you don’t. You don’t run, instead breathing in a shaky breath. “Nivos,” You shudder then, subtle as an earthquake, your face contorting with the veiled pain that his name brings, the faces stapled to the back of your eyelids as visible as ever. “My own monumental fuck ups.” It is a laugh that comes instead of tears, soft and naked, full of a sorrow you could never even hope to put to words.

"I didn't even have the strength to bury him, the courage to find our parents---" it bleeds from you then, thick and choking, tearless sobs racking your body violently though your heart weeps and weeps, weeps like it has since the day that you lost them. "That I ran, when I should have stayed; ran and yet those eyes have followed me," It is all you can do to hold yourself together, your knees wobbly beneath your weight, face turned from the darkness of his, away from those eyes that burrow through you like a thousand suns. You do not want to be seen, the tears suddenly pouring down your cheeks admittance of all your stacking failures. "That it was my brother that died, and not me. He would have been able to actually do something." Softer this time, nothing more than a whisper, quivering feebly against the darkening shades of dusk. “But it was him. Him, and all I could do was cry.”

He speaks, and you do your best to listen, lips merely trembling where they should have smiled, a defiance sparking in the depths of your ocean blues, earthen browns. “I’m glad.” And somewhere, you truly are to have helped him, that you could erase his hurts even if it is only superficial, somewhere within the gaping hole that you had been trying so hard to keep pulled together. Even as he gives his name, jumps through the hoops of formality it is all you manage. He had stolen secrets you never meant to tell, and suddenly it is hard to even look at him. Your eyes flutter to the sand, heavy and burning, no different from the rest of you.

It is only now that you are too tired to fight it, too selfish to regard his feelings on the matter, that you give to your instinct to run, too afraid of his judgments and assumptions, turning on tiny heels as you try to bolt away from him, managing only a few strides before your weary body gives way. It is in a heap that you fall, and there that you stay, suddenly feeling old, too old – brittle and weak and all too tired (defeated) all at once. Too tired to fight, too tired to remember, too tired to care You lay your head down against the sand, warm compared to the feeling crawling over your skin, returning to the pathetic sobs that you managed to suppress for only moments. You have forgotten about the sand-and-sky man, forgotten everything but the consuming ache within your chest.

@[Misael] i'm not really sure where this went? lol? i need to stop doing posts at 3 am.
AND HE ASKED BRAH, PRETTY PERSISTENTLY. SORRY SHE'S SUCH A DRAMALLAMA.

(07-21-2015, 09:20 PM)Misael Wrote:

Misael was unfazed by her persistent answerless faces and stares. He knew somehow that she would open up to him, I mean he was irresistible. So his face with still, eyes bright and boring into her every crevice. He was still surprised in his own interest in the mare, was this world changing him? Nah, he was completely irreversible. At least, I believe so...

She spoke then, a simple word. A name, he presumed. 'Nivos.' Fiery orbs peered further into her moonlight stones, he could see the wet hot anger and pain that this name brought. Overtime sadness just becomes something that you are used too, a dull pain that crawls into your heart and rips at the very strings that keep you breathing, keep you living. To turn you into a master of masks, one who has become so strangely well at acting that even sometimes you may believe yourself, but then the parasite clenches further into your soul and you are reminded once again--it isn't real. Misael knew these things because he had experienced it himself, and although he could no longer remember why, or who had brought such pain into his life, he remembered how it felt. Emotions never went away, no. You merely have to accept them and move on with that acceptance or you stay in denial as the rawness and power of emotion corrodes every bit of you, until you are nothing but a was. (oh dear me, sorry for that :/)

Misael listened and witnessed the mare who had buried herself alive underneath guilt and destruction, speak all she could. He felt sorrow for her, a rare pity that he had never felt for such a being. She had borne too much on her shoulders for too long, but there was such an easy fix to all of her problems. But somehow he felt that she was so consumed in her own faults that the fixes where everything but a reach away. His eyes softened then, her body taking all the mental hits just as physically. He wanted to help, there was no way that he would just allow himself to leave the mare who he had just ripped open a scar she had been stitching together for perhaps years. Yes, Misael was a careless asshole, but this mare didn't deserve to see that side of him, not now. It was his doings that brought her to this state, and he'd be damned if he just left her here, broken and shattered. 

His mouth opened to speak, but what words he had muttered out where lost to the salty winds that surrounded the sandy shores. He watched from his perch at the ocean's edge as the delicate mare ran away from him, and at first he was just going to let her go. Let the wounds he had poked and prodded at begin to close. At least enough to where when Misael sought out her again she would be alright, he didn't know how much she was hiding, but now he knew that it would take her much longer then a few days to even be alright. He didn't let his eyes leave her small frame, watching her with an inborn curiosity and a deeper sorrow that came from a past he didn't know. It was then, when she fell a blur of white and brown mass, that the striped prince cantered to her side. It only took him a few steps before he was at her side looking down at her with soft shaved gold eyes, his intent now to comfort her. 

Bending his knees, the stallion lowered his large body near hers. Misael nuzzled her gently with his azure nares, wishing for her to raise her head from the ground. "This is not the end, Enna." His voice rang out, deep and oddly comforting. He scooted closer to her frail body, knowing that it was getting colder and colder as night feel, his warmth to be a veil against the chilled breath of frostfall."I am here, and I do not have plans to leave you." Misael said, not asking for words in return, but rather asking for her to just relax. He had offered his shoulder to cry on, and Misael did not wish to take that away from her. He had sworn a silent oath to help this mare, and Misael was a stallion of his word. He would stay. 

OCC: Bleh having no wifi sucks. And um. I LOVE THIS DO NOT BE SORRY! She's helping Misael inadvertently too so yayyyyy :))))

</style>
</style>

Art by Jen