the Rift

[OPEN] Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

thor & evangeline
Our words are strong and our hearts are kind
After spending so much time suckling at the other’s feet for his favor, I was finally ready to relax and cater to my own needs. Archangel had been swayed from the winged mare of the Throat, but that didn’t mean that he would find any true comfort in the World’s Edge. Although, if he was anything like me… I knew he’d find the land most suitable to his needs.

The sun was beginning to fall and in a few short hours it would eventually hover just above the horizon as I’d seen so many times before. The air was becoming cooler and the ground grew callous and dry as we ventured away from the Threshold and all the nightmares it embodied. With the idea that Archangel was not far behind, I pressed ahead across the plains of Thistle Meadow. At first I was hesitant to break conversation, but knew deep down that it wouldn’t be long before the brute himself started badgering me with questions or otherwise. So instead of waiting to answer the many unknowns that someone like Archangel would most certainly succumb to, I entreated him with a few questions of my own.

So, what’s your story then? How did you come to end up in Helovia?” I queried casually. He clearly hadn’t happened upon the place from any of the neighboring lands… So what did that make him? As I thought about it, I veered off path in order to avoid a deep trench that scarred the landscape and threatened to upturn a brute of my size. I was certain that a small animal like Archangel would find it easily overcome, but the difference in our statures was vast.

It would be quite a while until we reached the Edge, perhaps even after the shadows of midnight decided to descend upon the land. That meant I had plenty of time to learn about my recruit –a hard term to upend- and hopefully educate him before the thick wall of trees greeted us at the borders of our home. However, after spending so much time in the Threshold over the past few days –searching for those in need of finding- I had grown weary. Already I missed the convenience of my own four walls… Sabine too had been showing signs of fatigue and I was glad to return her to the nest she’d made in the boughs of a low-hanging pine.

It was a long journey, but at least we were finally going back.
Let me tell you just exactly what's on my mind

table code image credit

@[Archangel]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring