the Rift

[PRIVATE] You can run...

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull

The earliest flurries of Frostfall swirl around you as you approach the place they call the Heavenly Fields. You mimic the eddies, drifting down to earth in a spiral like a snowflake, hooves touching down in a layer of snow that has likely been here for weeks. But the high altitude isn’t just good for preserving snow: breathing in the thin oxygen, you cough violently, just as you have been during the whole flight over. Eyes roll in pain and irritation as you practically hack up one of your lungs. It seems as if the trauma of Muriel’s death and the pressure of your manhunt are beginning to eat away at your health, but there is not much you can do. You have neither the time nor inclination to take it easy when a killer is on the loose.

Still, you’ve paused here. Even if it is just to take a breather on your journey south, there is something that has always comforted you about the place during the few occasions when you’ve visited before. Your gaze darts to the landscape of crags and clouds, so lonely and yet so beautiful. Perhaps it is the isolation that appeals to you, for you always get the feeling that the alpine meadow is a secret, hidden from those who lack the wings to soar above. Assuming you are alone, you raise your head and pour out your anger and sadness in a deep whinny that bounces off of the mountaintops and comes back to you as you stand by yourself in the middle of the snowy field.

The coughing storm that follows is only magnified tenfold by its own echoes.

OOC: Questing, between parts I and II! For @[Parelia]

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

PARELIA
Honest hearts are undercover. We are shadows on our own
Penna and Parelia soared side by side through the flurry enjoying the frozen crystals. They were both jubilant as the flew together. Usually the mare was ground bound, since Areli was still to small and young to fly. So it was a nice change of pace to get out and glide above the harsh land below. Suddenly a distress call sounded from below the pair. Ears pricked towards the Earth as eyes glanced at Penna. 'No.' His thoughts were simple this time but she understood more than what he said. 'Oh Penna, they could really be in trouble! What if they are being jumped like I was?!' Without waiting for a reply the mare tucked her wings and dove.

She pulled up inches from the ground and her legs quivered with the impact. Penna on the other claw dove close enough to her to smack her slender skull. 'Damn it Penna calm down!' She shook her dome quickly to clear it before calling out with a cautious whinny. All thoughts of their happy time together dissipated as the cream dove trotted forward eyes soon finding the stallion she had met once before. 'What was his name, Gull, I think.' Carefully she strode closer. "Hello, Gull. Do you remember me?" She paused a foot or so away as Penna wheeled high above them watching the duo.

She could feel the anger pulsing through him, hot and... fiery. Parelia struggled to keep her own fire at bay. When either of them felt this strongly the magic boiling within wanted to escape. 'You have to calm down or I'm going to burst into flame! Chilly out!' He only screeched before soaring off. Pain pressed against her already fragile heart. They had never fought before, and now he had left her. Trying to ease her own mind she spoke in a strained voice, "Gull are you ok? You sound awful." If only she were a healer, or at least knew some basic things, maybe she could have eased the barking cough spewing from his lips. Why was it she was always so useless?

Speaking Penna

Words; 349
Tags; @[Gull]
Notes;

[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Gull

Like a falling angel, a blur of cream shoots from the heavens, startling you backwards a few paces. Your coughing starts up again, and so it is with streaming eyes that you look up into the familiar face of the mare you’ve met here once before—what was her name again? Though you can’t remember, there is something therapeutic about her presence; in a land full of strangers and enemies, it is not often that you encounter someone more than once. Despite your limited acquaintance, your ears prick forward at the sight of her and you do your best to cough-nicker a low greeting. You’d take any friendship you could get right now.

In turn, the mare whinnies to you, moving closer. “Hello Gull,” she calls out, and you rack your brains frantically at the sound of your name, trying to recall hers. “Do you remember me?” You nod between hoarse coughs, bobbing your head. “I’d never forget a face like that,” you manage, giving her a weak smile. “But remind me of your name again, beautiful? I must have been distracted last time,” you rasp, voice decidedly unsexy. This cough was a hindrance in more ways than one.

“Are you okay?” she asks, seeming concerned. “You sound awful.” And suddenly you are glad for the heaving coughs, for they mask the hitch in your voice and the pain in your eyes. There’s more behind the short, choked laugh than whatever this is that’s ailing you, but you brush off her concern in the way you’re accustomed to doing. Shaking your head a little, you only mention the cough, assuring her hoarsely, “I’ve been up north lately; I’m sure it’s only a winter chill.” Honestly, the cold was the least of your problems. “How have you been?” you add, shifting the focus away from yourself. “You look…good. Much better than I sound,” you finish with a wink. Your forwardness surprises you, and you feel a stab of guilt and confusion for your behavior. Over the past few days, you’d sworn to yourself that you’d never let anything like what had happened with Muriel happen ever again, but this…it seems that old habits die hard. It seems a cycle you are destined to repeat, this chaotic wheel of grief and comfort-seeking in the wings of strange women. But caught in the warmth of her honey gaze, you find that you cannot help yourself.

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

PARELIA
She can instantly tell that he remembers her. A warm soft smile sweeps over her face. His happy face and pricked ears calm the fire raging within her hurt heart. If she had known the pain this stallion was feeling she would relate, open her wings and comfort him. Maybe it was the mother in her, or just that she was loving and gentle. His nicker sends a quiver down her spine causing her to relax even more. It was always nice to realize she was wanted even if it was only in a, well no, apparently not a just in a friendly way.

Warm laughter bubbles from her lips as she moves even closer. He is charming, filled to the brim with endearments. Honey eyes sparkle brightly as she watches his handsome face. Even around his coughs he is a heart breaker. "It's not a problem, I'm Parelia. It was a very long time ago that we met." She smiles a giggle rolling with her words. "I think we both where last time we met." His next words and subtle head shake cause eyes to narrow slightly. Something doesn't seem right even if he says he might just have a cold. Forcing her face to smile again and hide the uncertainty behind it she watches him.

As he asks how she is the girl looks down lowering her head slightly. "You really should be careful up there. I was jumped by one of those basin people not long after I arrived here. That's why I invested in these babies. " She turned her head motioning to the turquoise studded bands around the base of her wings. The dove paused for a moment thinking what all she wanted to tell him. "I've been better... I might look good, but I'm really not. My son left my herd for another..." Tears fought their best trying to escape, but the girl held fast fighting them off as best she could. After pulling the mask, she had long since shelved, the mare looked back up at him. Her long cream and teal forelock hiding half of her chiseled face. "We have healers in my heard if you need someone to look at you. I promise you will be a welcomed guest." She smiled softer this time as she gazed quietly up at him. She had forgotten how tall and manly he was.
Speaking Penna

Words; 398
Tags; @[Gull]
Notes;

Gull

As you finish speaking, the mare moves closer. Comfortable laughter pours forth as she reassures you that it’s fine, an easy mistake—her name is Parelia. At your inquiry, however, she quiets and tells you somberly, “You really should be careful up there. I was jumped by one of those basin people not long after I arrived here.” Your ears rivet sideways in confusion. “Basin people?” you repeat as she shows you the gleaming hardware on her wings. “I hope the bastard who did it paid ten times over,” you mutter, stepping closer to inspect the turquoise bands. She has yet to confirm your suspicions, but naturally, you assume that it was a unicorn—isn’t it always? You are angered by the attack, but not surprised in the least.

Parelia is silent for a moment as you stew, then seems to remember herself and answers the rest of your question. Another twinge of guilt shoots through your heart at her mention of the source of her troubles: her son has abandoned the herd. But you hadn’t abandoned yours while your mother was there, you remind yourself, shrugging off the weight of the burden as you have done thousands of times since your departure. This was different. Still, you feel for the girl. “I’m sorry,” you murmur in a rare display of sincerity. Your sympathy is masked by another round of coughing though, and you notice with faint dismay that the sound seems to be growing continually worse. Perhaps Parelia hears it as well, for she pipes up, "We have healers in my heard if you need someone to look at you. I promise you will be a welcomed guest."

Through the heaving coughs, you manage to shake your head noncommittally. It is a generous offer, but you cannot allow yourself to become sidetracked from the task at hand. Every day you waste is another day Muriel’s killer has to move farther out of your reach, and you know that even these pleasantries must come to a close soon. Still, you don’t wish to offend her, so you neither accept nor decline the invitation. She’s smiling up at you from under that milky forelock, and you’d rather like to keep it that way. And something within you stirs. “I think I’ve already found someone to look at me,” you quip, smirking a little at her. You do your best to catch her in your eye and hold her in your gaze. Maybe it’s wrong, and maybe this isn’t the time, but slipping back into your old shell is slipping into a time when life was less complicated.

And today, you desperately want to go back.

@[Parelia]
trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

PARELIA
Honey eyes watch him carefully wondering why he seemed confused by her words. "Hasn't anyone ever warned you about the Aurora Basin herd?" Soft eyes grew dark as she continued, "They are a band of racist unicorns. I've heard not all of them are evil, but I have a hard time trusting them now." A shudder ran through her lithe frame as she watched him. Her ears flick back for a moment, "I wish she had. I've never seen her again. I bay bitch with golden markings, if you ever happen to, uh, meet her; give her a good bite for me. Try and get my feather back too. If I ever find her, I have a few surprises her as well. Since then I've gained a companion, as well as magic." She laughed softly, but it was hollow. Eyes searched his face watching the emotions playing out there, even around his hacking. The poor man was plagued by a horrible cough, but it didn't sound wet, like a cold would have. Was there something else to this illness?

Before she explains why her heart is shattered the mare turns her gaze down, unable to meet his eyes. Parelia hadn't expected him to say anything besides what he did, but they way he said surprised her. He seems to really mean it. "I don't blame him, he isn't running from me. He is just growing up and needs to spread his wings. Maybe one day you'll see him around, he's name is Ilios." Slowly she lifts her painted head to watch him even as he bursts into another round of hacking, harsher this time. Gull shakes his dome slightly still barking away.

Feeling concerned the dove steps forward again brow furrowed with her worry. His words cause her knees to feel like rubber as they sink in. Even around the raspy voice he is just as tantalizing as always. She wonders for a moment if he puts on this facade to hide some major flaw that she just can't find. The thought runs away as honey meets blue. There seems to be something pulsing through their look, lust or was it a desperate attempt to heal themselves? Either way she doesn't mind. Stepping closer she expands her wings looking to embrace him the way of their kind. She didn't want another babe, not now, but she would not turn him away not for a simple touch anyway.

Speaking Penna

Words; 407
Tags; @[Gull]
Notes; Sorry it's a little shorter than the other ones.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Gull
The angelic mare’s eyes grow uncharacteristically dark as she speaks of the Basin unicorns, but it does not alarm you. Rather, you watch the transformation almost greedily, basking in her distrust. So few here understood what the horned demons were capable of, but it seemed that finally one had seen the truth. You only wish she had been spared the pain of learning the hard way, but still: her scars bear witness to her testimony, a warning sign for all who refused to believe that scum could be anything other than what they are.

You nod solemnly as she describes her attacker, though at her request, you respond with a short, raspy chuckle. “I’ll do more than—“ you cough, ”—bite her, beautiful. Nobody messes with my friends.” And with that, you seal your relationship, claiming her as one of your own. Perhaps she may think it premature, but you have no qualms in trusting her. Parelia doesn’t trust the unicorns, and that’s enough for you. Plus…it doesn’t hurt that she’s quite a pretty little thing.

At the mention of her son, you quiet again, thinking of Brigand. It is obvious that Parelia loves her child even in his absence, and you feel a sudden rush of emotion in knowing that your own son won’t have a mother to worry over him, to love and raise him—that childhood was stolen from him only nights ago on the icy plains of the frozen tundra. Of course, one might argue that these were roles you could fill, but in your grief and confusion, you had let him slip away from you. You hadn’t lost your mother as young as Brigand had, but he was weaned: he would learn to take care of himself, just as you had.

You pull yourself out of your head to flirt with her, and it’s a pleasant surprise when she boldly returns your gaze and steps forward to embrace you. The tenderness of her touch washes away any trace of guilt, and you settle into her, reaching with your neck to nibble gently at her withers if she will allow it. Her presence soothes you, and for once your breathing evens enough to quiet your hacking. Wordlessly, you move your muzzle sideways to trace the contours of her wings, hoping that she will not shift out of your reach. Too many things have done that lately. 

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

@Parelia

PARELIA
She watches him closely wondering why he seemed to watching her with greed. Some might find it heard to believe she had a dark past which had drawn her to lean towards the mean side sometimes. Her voice was playful, dripped in sarcasm, "Don't judge a book by her sweet cover." She winked and stepped back for a moment as Penna flew up higher still blue flames licked their way up her body. She grinned at the grulla stud basking in the warmth before she spoke warmly. "You see, sweetness is only a cover I use." With a soft sigh the girl extinguished the flames and stepped closer to him once more.

Ears prick at his raspy laughter and words. His words of friendship draw a surprised smile to her muzzle. Dipping her pretty chiseled head the dove smiles warmly. "I appreciate your kindness Gull. I feel the same for my friends, that's why I offered you help." Honey eyes watch the taller stallion quietly for a moment thinking of the words he had offered her. Was this not the first person to, say aloud, that she was their friend? Flicking her long teal and cream forelock away from her face the mare studies him closely. He looks strong, yet worn out. What was plaguing him so harshly?

He seems to sink into himself as she speaks of Ilios. Words spring to her lips, but she swallows them quickly. Did he have a child of his own running around Helovia? Even if he did there was no way she could ask him such a question. If he had wanted to speak of a babe from his loins he would have. There wasn't a point in bringing up sad memories if he didn't want to.

His skin is warm, inviting and satisfying. Her large wings fold around him as much as possible, hoping he will not back away. She giggles playfully as his teeth brush over her withers and she tries to return the playful nips. A soft sigh escapes her tender muzzle as she rests her head upon his back enjoying his presence as much as he is hers. 'Penna, is this what happiness is supposed to feel like?' In reply the falcon swoops down towards them. Carefully she draws her wings back allowing the falcon more room for him. The bird flies quietly back to the pair flapping around Gull's face before trying to lightly land upon his rump.
Speaking  Penna

Words; 410
Tags; @Gull
Notes;

Gull
Parelia steps away, and though it is a small gesture, you feel the sting of rejection. It’s another sharp reminder of the mares who’ve all slipped away in one way or another, a subtle warning not to become too attached. Enjoy her now as you may, one day she too will leave you—or you her—you tell yourself. It’s just best not to—

IS SHE ON FIRE?

You yell and jump back, just in time for her to give you a cheeky wink as she extinguishes herself. For a moment, you just stare at her, then a near hysterical giggle bubbles up in your throat. Suddenly, you’re gasping for air in a much different way. Your sides heave with laughter, and you can only look at her helplessly while you’re overwhelmed by your own mirth. The unexpectedness of it all strikes something within you, and your surprise at your own reaction only fuels the uncontrollable cackling. Oddly enough, something about the display of flames reassures you. Perhaps it was the mischief in her smile as she watched your reaction, or the care she took to keep you out of harm’s way, but you realize now that the gesture wasn’t malicious.

As if to confirm your thoughts, Parelia draws close once more, spreading her wings around you. By this time, your guffaws have quieted to sporadic chuckles, which intensify from time to time at the tickle of her lips on your skin. Standing still, you let her groom you, relaxing under her touch. “I hope I never make you mad, Firebug,” you tease, moving to run your muzzle along the length of her spine. “I have a feeling it wouldn’t end well for me,” you continue, smiling over her shoulder. “Friends don’t burn friends, I hope?” you ask playfully, reaching to tug the top of her tail.

No sooner than you grow bold, however, that the falcon swoops down to land on your rump. He makes no move to fly at your head or peck out your eyes, but his beady gaze seems to reprimand you and his long talons rest upon your skin with just the right amount of pressure, as if issuing a subtle threat. “Hey Firebug,” you implore, raising your head to glance around worriedly at the protective raptor, “Call off the watch bird?”

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

@Parelia

PARELIA
Bright honey eyes sparkle playfully as the blue tinted fire leaps over her chiseled face. He jumps and yelps causing laughter to bubble wildly. She turns the heat off as she watches him laugh so hard he is gasping. "See sweetheart, I can take care of myself." She winked as laughter continued to bubble from her lips. There was something about this stallion that brought out her fun side. How long had it been since she had laughed this hard with anyone? Finally she stopped laughing and gasped for breath as she watched him doing the same thing. "Gull, where have you been all my life? You crack me up!" She giggled playfully as she pranced back to his side.

She relaxed against him as her teeth moved slowly over his die, grooming him. It was nice just to laugh and play around without anything being at stake. He was a good time, an escape from everything that seemed to be plaguing the dove. "Firebug huh?" She giggled happily enjoying her new nickname. The girl flicked her tail up at his face trying to slap him with it. "Don't worry you can be me fire extinguisher." She chuckled again and playfully nipped at his withers.

Penna on the other hand is still suspicious of the male and lands with a heavier thump than required. 'Ya buddy, I'm watching you.' Unable to hold back her mirth the dove bursts out laughing again trying to rest her head upon Gull's large back. "He says he is watching you!" She gasps around her laughter. This was turning out to be one of the best days she had experienced in forever. As her joy simmers down to quiet giggles Gull leans his head to look back to Penna. He asks her to call him off, which only sends her laughing again. "Don't worry sweety he wont do anything if you don't. I can't really call him off though. He is his own person." She chuckles and looks at Penna he only tilts his head trying to look innocent. 'Fine, I'll play nice, if I must....' She chuckles and goes back to rubbing her muzzle over his silver and white hide.
Speaking  Penna

Words; 366
Tags; @Gull
Notes;

Gull

Your apprehension just adds to Parelia’s mirth. When you ask her to shoo away the beady-eyed bird, she only chortles freely. “He says he is watching you,” she informs you through fits of laughter, and you shake your head grimly. Great. “No kidding,” you retort drily, turning back to her. But she snuggles closer and reaches to rest her dainty head upon your back, so you suppose that you can’t really complain. Her hide presses smooth and firm against your own, and wound this tightly together, you feel the familiar surge of lust shoot through your body. As the blood courses hot through your veins, your ticklish grooming becomes more purposeful, the movement of your muzzle firm as you reach to bury it in the base of her mane. “Don’t worry,” comes her muffled voice from somewhere behind your head, “He won’t do anything if you don’t.” Puffed up on testosterone, the statement does not sit well with you. Narrowing your eyes, you swivel your head again to look back at the bird. Is that a challenge? Suddenly, you’re determined to wipe that smug look right off of that little beak of his.

With a solid few flicks of your tail, you swat lightly at the hawk, doing your best to encourage him off of his cushy perch on your rump. You hope he hasn’t gotten too comfortable, because if he wants to play games with you, oh, you’ll play them. And you’ll win, too, you mentally promise your feathery nemesis. He may have a beak and talons, but you have over a thousand pounds of horseflesh and its equivalent in testosterone on your side—what could he possibly do to you? Putting him in his pompous bird place will be so satisfying, you think, pulling away from Parelia, because oh, it’s on.

“Oh really?” you drawl, a cough accentuating the last word. You’re technically replying to Parelia’s comment but really addressing the featherball. “Well, I’ll mind my manners then. I suppose he won’t mind if I do this,” you declare with a wicked grin, sidestepping as you move past the cream-colored mare with the intention of rubbing along her side, “or this,” you continue, snaking your head in an attempt to skim you muzzle overtop her tailbone, “or this.” You pause for a moment behind her, then rise on your hind legs in a controlled rear, moving to drape your forelegs across her back lightly should she not shift away. The gesture is playful, not entirely dissimilar from that of a rambunctious foal pestering an adult, but there is an undercurrent of something earnest beneath it. “I’ll be a perfect gentleman,” you conclude, blue gaze diverting from the hawk and searching for the flirtatious mare’s eyes.

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

@Parelia