the Rift

[OPEN] Let Her Cry

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

"Lily, I don't understand."

The whispered words escaped the lips of the former Specter of the World's Edge as she wandered slowly through the trees, trying to grasp some sort of understanding on just how changed her world was. Though it seemed to the rest of the world that she was talking to herself, the snowy flanked vixen was able to hear the response of her hallucinations. 'I dunno either Jay, maybe we can talk to Kahlua later about everything.' The mare shook her delicate crown as tears began to well up along her lower lashes, the stinging cold of Frostfall kissing the droplets and freezing them before they could finish rolling down her cheeks. "But...She said that the unicorns from the Basin weren't friendly, and that we were supposed to stay away from them. But..but they are here! The unicorns are everywhere here now and a lot of them from the Basin, so what does that mean? Are they bad? Or did Kahlua lie before? Or are we gonna have to watch our backs now?"

It was difficult for Jahzara to grasp the concept that maybe not all the unicorns of the Basin were quite as bad as they were rumored to be, her child like mind needing more time to comprehend the situation. All she knew was that over half of her family of the World's Edge left her and was replaced by complete strangers that intimidated her. Even the purple pony hallucination that was usually full of energy didn't know how to comfort her best friend. Soon Jahzara found the large fallen tree that she had tripped over when she first met Artorius. She didn't even know if the young stallion was still within the broken walls of the World's Edge, she hadn't seen him in so long.

The tree had fallen victim to the elements of nature, beginning to rot and hollow out over time. After a moment of staring at it, the mare stepped closer to the tree and pressed the side of her barrel against the rough bark. Tucking her legs beneath her, she collapsed to the earth in as tight a ball as her body would allow. In her mind's eye, Lily settled down right next to her, leaning her head against Jahzara as the mare began to sob.

"Talk"

@[Elsa] and anyone else that wants to join! It's hard playing her so depressed, hopefully she gets over it soon.

Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

We're all demons today

Everything now was...strange. He was not accustomed to being king, not accustomed to this land, not accustomed to having a woman....a woman he hadn't seen a a while, in fact, due to how busy he - and he assumed she - had been. Torleik frowned. This would not do. If their relationship was to flourish he would have to show her what it meant to be committed, like he swore his heart was. Life just got in the damn way a little excessively right now.

The herd meeting had, in effect, gone well enough. After the hiccup of realizing his queen had failed to communicate very well, Torleik had decided to let it go. To expect Mauja to suddenly rule well with the Bloodskald by his side was foolish; they were both trying to gain their footing, and though Polkadot fundamentally irked him, the viking knew he could not let that sway his every reaction.

Only some. ...maybe quite a few. But not all.

After such a tremulously handled Thing, the king wished to take a walk, gather his thoughts, be alone. There was much to do yet and the never-ending list only seemed to be growing. It would have to wait a few moments. Frostfall had finally found its way to Helovia and Torleik relished the cold, the way it bit at his skin and made his breath come out in foggy clouds. He felt alive during Frostfall and was grateful that here in the Edge the seasons still changed. He surmised that down south in the Dragon's Throat, seasons were likely just temperature changes of hot to less hot.

Irelyn was, for once, skittering around on the ground nearby as he slowly loped through his new kingdom, chasing bugs and small creatures. If their bond was any indicator, she was currently stalking a small lizard. Amusing. His eyes drifted, scanning the horizon - and movement behind a fallen tree trunk caught his gaze. It looked like the figure of an equine, lighter colored like...

His mouth went dry.

Like that fool child Ashamin he'd fought not long ago.

Guilt urging his steps into a brisk trot, the dual-horned demon quickly crested his obstacle and discovered a figure, not Ashamin, on the ground. 'Thank the goddess...' he breathed inside, relieved, but now concerned for this creature in front of him. As his anxiety had crumbled, his hearing had returned to normal - no longer full of hot blood rushing around his head - and soft sobs were clearly evident from this mare. Brows furrowed, hulking demeanor gentle as he could be in his confused and mildly agitated state, Torleik dipped his muzzle down low to inspect her.

She didn't seem wounded....

If she had been at the Thing, the Bloodskald regrettably didn't remember. "What hurts?" he queried quietly. Sobs meant pain, so asking what was wrong was too vague.

@[Jahzara]

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Maybe she was pregnant again. Who the hell knew. At this rate, she felt like her emotions were like a magic carpet ride. Did she have a magical experience though? No. The goddamn carpet was giving her motion sickness while hurling her across endless caverns of hell. Basically, everything seemed to affect every emotion to the extreme. Was she happy? Great, she'll cook you a cake. Sad? Just run because she'll cry a freaking river of tears.

Today was no exception to that whole idea, but Edgar found the entire theory to be hilarious. Unlike her, he had the ability to step away from their little emotional bond, and legitimately laugh his ass off at her. She scowled in his direction, as he came to settle upon her head. She was about to teach him a little lesson, but Edgar had already made plans for them. Apparently, not far off, he had flown over a girl who seemed to be distressed. This intrigued her, maybe she wasn't the only one who just felt like crying her eyes out every two seconds.

Elsa picked up a light pace, letting Edgar's memory guide her to the tree that was watching over the girl. Upon her arrival though, it seems that one of the leads had already beaten her there. She shot a sidelong glance at Torleik, stepping near him towards the girl. Instead of standing though, Elsa lowered herself down to the ground, a few paces in front of the girl who was leaning on the tree. It was curious thing how easily Elsa switched her roles. On one hand, she was ready to just beat everything that moved, and on the other, she had a heart that was too good for her health. Elsa offered a small smile, and Edgar fluttered off her head to stand between Elsa and pale girl. He peeped, fluttering his wings in a little hello. "Do you mind if he stays here? Edgar likes to help, no matter how much it is unwanted." She laughed lightly, hoping to lighten the mood. The best medicine was to just forget the pain for a moment. Stepping away from the dark can be quite.. enlightening. "My name is Elsa by the way. Who are you?" Her voice was genuinely friendly and warm. Edgar was impressed, and turned for a moment to squawk his satisfaction at her. Elsa then turned to Torleik, giving a respectful nod. "Torleik," her voice was soft, and actually hidden behind fear. The two kings set her on edge, and she wasn't sure where she stood with either of them. Maybe this was the time to see how at least one of them acted.

"Talking"
Jahzara Torleik
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

Through her muffled sobs, Jahzara was barely aware that she now had company until they spoke. With a startled jump, the arabian cross looked up to the eyes of one of the very unicorns that she was so unsure of. The poor girl was completely unaware that this was one of her new kings, and she pressed herself further back against the tree nervously. The hallucination of Lily leapt to her hooves to gaurd her friend, standing in front of Jahzara protectively despite knowing that they wouldn't be able to see or hear her. 'She ain't hurt ya dingbat! She's scared of horny horses like you! I mean...horned...Horny, horned, same difference.'

Certainly it wasn't one of the most appropriate things for Lily to shout, and for once Jahzara was quite happy that no one else could hear her sassy attitude. The golden girl cleared her throat to silence her purple pony friend, though to anyone else it would seem she was merely trying to choke back the sobbing. "The world. The world hurts..." It was all she could manage to get out before her fear got the better of her, and her eyes darted towards the earth again. Not only was this intimidating looking beast a stallion, but he was a unicorn on top of it all. The child-like mare didn't want to speak too much, to let on that she was frightened of him though he had given her no reason to be.

"Oh!

Once again she was startled by the sudden arrival of another, the ivory mare and her companion's approach was unnoticed by her blinded eye, hearing the zephyr before seeing him. Twisting her crown to get a better look, she eyed the one named 'Edgar' before looking up at the pegasus vixen. "I-I don't mind." Lily was a little bit more curious though, completely forgetting about the King and began investigating the plain zephyr . 'Hey, he's pretty cool looking Jay. I wasn't able to see one so close before! He's all scaley and stuff. Do you think they are hot blooded or cold blooded?' The stout little figment of Jahzara's imagination began to ramble on as she studied Elsa's companion, trying to touch her muzzle against the zephyr only to brush right through him. The comfort of another mare, especially one that seemed to recognize the stallion, put Jahzara at ease. Watching the Lily for a few moments, she shook her head softly before her lips pulled back into the smallest of smiles. Attempting to brush her cheeks against the inner side of her front legs to wipe away the tears, she sniffled away the last of her sobs.

"I'm Jahzara. I'm sorry...I didn't mean to bother anyone. There's just been so many changes and I don't know what's going on anymore...Nothing in this world is the same."

"Talk"

@[Torleik] @[Elsa]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Without pain, life is not worth living

It seemed as though he'd startled this poor mare and, if he was not mistaken, she drew away from him, almost as if she were trying to burrow herself into the tree trunk behind her. Was that fear in her eyes? The Bloodskald knew he could look intimidating but was trying hard to be...gentle, for as gentle as his appearance could look, what with his scarred face and rune etched horns. Sensing the tension and discomfort vibrating in the air, Irelyn gracefully hopped down off her bonded's shoulders and came alongside the mare, curling up tightly into her chest and beginning to purr.

This brought a smile to Torleik's face; Irelyn had a loving disposition and deeply wished to comfort others in their distress. The thought made him proud that, despite his flaws, his companion had turned out with such a pure little heart. This light colored figure of pain claimed that the world hurt and the warrior poet felt he knew what she meant all too well. "The world is a rough master who cares not for individual need or want, pain or comfort - but at least, in that way, it is a fair one," he murmured. "I am sorry it is bearing down upon you now...is there anything I could do to help you? I will try, if it is within my power."

This poor, sad thing looked so frail - and his heart ached when she was startled yet again by Elsa's arrival. Keen observance brought the king to the curious theory that this mare - Jahzara - could not see out of one eye, given her craning her head around to see their newest member of this gathering. How did that happen? What had happened? It was not recent, no one in their herd responsible, he hoped...

Torleik knew little of Elsa and her personality, what made her tick, so it was with slight surprise that he watched the forungi slide to the ground next to Jahzara. Comfort on the pained one's level - an effective tactic. One that the Bloodskald was not quite comfortable with given that he didn't know this mare and that, well, it felt rather intimate coming from a man to a woman. "If it was a bother every time one of us felt strong emotion, we would be vexing one another endlessly - you are bothering no one here," reassured the king. "Much has changed here and rather quickly. I hope that I can bring some semblance of stability to our herd soon."

Doubts crept in. Could he lead? Was he capable? Had Ophelia made a mistake choosing him? He...he missed her. Seeking her out soon would be necessary - but for now, he would remain here, try to help this member of his herd.

@[Elsa]
@[Jahzara]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
She had startled the girl, who was apparently blind in one eye. Maybe a lot of the residents here were more like herself than she anticipated. Lots of scarred women, it was like this was the haven for those the world rejected. It was a terrible assumption, but she had yet to meet a carefree girl here. Edgar was oblivious to the fact he had caused a jolt, and only listened for the words that he was allowed to stay where he was. When she said it was fine, he squeaked, and jumped forward a few more steps toward Jahzara. In an attempt to make her giggle, he walked up, and attempted to rub his fluffy feathers against her chest, in his own version of a hug. 'Don't get yourself killed.' Elsa rumbled toward him. Too often Edgar assumed that he could just be touchy feely all the time. Eventually, he was bound to come across someone who did not appreciate his presence. But according to him, no one could hate him, he was perfect in every way!

Elsa's attention moved from her companion as Jahzara began speaking. She apologized her emotions, and Elsa restrained a scoffing laugh. If Elsa needed to apologize every time she had a mental or emotional breakdown, she would spend her entire life apologizing. Torleik seemed to have the same idea, and rumbled his wise and true words. Once he finished, Elsa only looked back to Jahzara, her eyes soft and caring. Two half blind girls could bond right? So Elsa nodded toward her eye that did not match the other. "Are you blind to?" She queried, all the while flashing Jahzara the left side of her face. Instead of a bright, friendly blue, there was a completely white eye with only a faint black pupil. Elsa turned to face forward again, continuing. "There are a lot of changes going on with me to, maybe we could help each other out?" Elsa genuinely meant those words. Maybe it sounded desperate, but she was in need of stability and friendship. "Have you always been apart of the Edge?" Elsa was digging a little deeper, trying to pick apart why she was so upset. Was it just the changes? Or did she lose someone in the invasion to? Then she turned to face the mysterious king. "Were you originally in the Edge?" Or was he from the Basin? Or maybe even the Dragon's Throat? The whole induction meeting that she had been involved in was too vague. She couldn't quite decipher where they had come from. Now it was time to play twenty questions and at least learn a few things about her fellow herd mates.

"Talking"
@[Jahzara] @[Torleik]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

The larger stallion's companion...Some sort of cat...thing...cuddled up in the crook of the mare's chest, bringing a small sniffle from the mare. "She's, she's very sweet." It was strange for Jahzara to feel the purring against her chest, a sensation that she had never felt before. If this gentle, er...creature, could be a companion to the black stallion, then surely he couldn't be all that bad? Ever so carefully she lowered her muzzle to the winged cat, gently brushing against her soft fur with an appreciative nuzzle. Looking back up to the one that she didn't even know was her King, she shook her head softly.

"I don't know. I just need to learn what happened...I don't remember things well...I, um..I have times where I am not really...here. I have to go away, in my head. This time I came back and everything was different. Half the Edge is gone and replaced with new faces, the ones I considered family are missing. I don't know where they are or what happened to them. I heard of an invasion and I don't know how many lives were lost to it or how many simply left me here." Jahzara wasn't even sure if anything she was saying would make sense to the pair, but it was everything she knew.

'Man, get back here. I ain't done studyin' you.'

The voice of Lily protested when Edgar walked up to Jahzara, before asking the golden mare what the companion's feathers felt like. When the zephyr began to rub his feathers against her, the golden mare could help but to let out a small, bubbly laugh. "That tickles..." But her attention was caught by the words of Elsa, giving a single nod that she was indeed blind as well. Studying the damaged eye that the pegasus showed her, the edges of her lips pulled back into a slight smile. It was nice for there to be someone that could relate to her struggles, a similarity between the two in a world of differences. With a toss of her muzzle, Jahzara flicked her forelock to the side to reveal her left orb to the snowy mare.

While Jahzara's right eye was a healthy, warm chocolate brown, her left eye was nothing of the sort. Jagged scarring ran down her cheeks and muzzle, four distinguished claw marks telling the tales of a tragic attack that ran directly over her eye. It was not something that she was proud to reveal, knowing that it marred what was once considered beautiful in her homelands. The orb itself was a cloudy, damaged blue. "A cougar. I was ambushed as a child." Shaking her crown, she made sure to cover the scarred side of her face once again. Jahzara couldn't help but offer a smile to the mare, her mind in wonder of why these two strangers were showing such kindness to her. Perhaps the World's Edge was not changing for the worst. Change would always be needed in the world, but that didn't necessarily mean that it would promote ill will and hardships.

"I would like that, Elsa. Thank you."

Auds flicked forward towards the questions that Elsa asked her, once again offering a gentle nod. "I was a Specter, along with Thor. It was the first time I've ever had such responsibility for a herd, and now I feel like I've failed them. The Edge is the only home I've known in Helovia, Kahlua brought me here. It's been the only place I have felt truly at home all my life."

"Talk"