the Rift

Fool Me Once, Shame On You [Quest Return]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

She flew as quickly as she could manage. With the bucket in her mouth, and the mixture of smoke billowing from the funnel, she flew. The thick smoke whirled around her wings, almost making her look like a falling meteor. Too bad she couldn't be that, then she could just wipe Helovia off the face of the earth. That would be a simple way to fix all her problems.

Landing loudly among the broken shrines and overgrowth, Elsa let her bucket clatter to the floor. It echoed across the shatter stones, a haunting reminder that she was alone. Flipping open the other side then, she filled it to the brim with solid ice. If this is what the mighty God of Earth wanted, then he would get it. With angry force, she slammed the top of the bucket shut and shifted her weight. It was then that she actually debated leaving. Would it be worth giving up the chance of a power in order to avoid a god, or should she face him and take the cool wrath. The last time she had spoken with him, he did not seem to care for her anyways. Pity she used to think her masonry to be a gift. That was nothing more than a goddamn curse.

Flipping her nose to the sky, she called out. "Oh where for art thou mighty god," she began, drawing out the last word as sarcastically as possible. To add to this little charade, she even dipped her knee in respect, before rising again to look around. At the moment, there was nothing. "You know which one you are, you know, the one that left us all alone in your little land? Yeah you. That's the one. I'd like to speak with you in order to gain my gift." Again, sarcasm dripped from the end of her sentence. It probably was not in her best interest to piss off a god, but she didn't care. What would he do? Take a limb? She already paid with her eye, paying with a limb would be a cakewalk. "Here is your almighty gift. Here is fire and ice in one little container. Although, I may have enough ice and fire in me to cover that." She seethed, knocking the can lightly with her hoof. "Just be careful with the fire. You never know when you're going to get burned."

Oh Elsa, this is how mortals are banished to hell.

"talk"
Container Building
Filled with Fire
Filled with ice in this thread. :3
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

As her bucket clanged to the ground, the entirety of the veins seemed to shift and rock as if absorbing the force. The skies began to churn as great thunderclouds formed over head, and the temperature seemed to drop swiftly around Elsa. Likely the mare wouldn't notice given her frosty-magic and the snow that always seemed to flourish around her. The sky continued to dark as the water around the Veins sudden rose up in a great tidal wave, revealing the form of the God as he answered Elsa's call.

"I do not appreciate your tone Elsa." He boomed with all of the paternal disappointment he could muster. So much rage emanated from the pale pegasus, and yet the God knew not as to why. He had merely asked her for the components he would need to grant her request, and this was how she returned? He would not have it.

"You shall have nothing from me Elsa, not while you direct such hate towards me. That-" He gestured to her half smouldering-half freezing bucket, "- is no gift for me. It is the keystone to the power you sought. Do not pretend that you have come here offering me anything. This entire task has been purely for your benefit."

Waves continued to froth and dance around his hooves, as he stood on the top of the waves, his hardened emerald gaze boring into her.

CREDITS

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The entire atmosphere dropped to a cold temperature, her breath coming in frosty spurts as she stared at the rising tide. Waves picked up, and within moments the Earth God had appeared. Like she had expected, she gained the attention she needed- regardless of if it was in infamy. He was disappointed, and to her, that seemed to be the fiber of his being. The Falls were a failure under Midas, so he took that. Her love for Oxy wasn't enough, and he took that. Her children, lost, because he couldn't take a moment to give them the hand they needed. No wonder she could only move stone- that was what his heart was.

Although his words were true, and solid in judgement, that did not calm her. She spread her wings out in agitation, curving them slightly in a defensive stance. Elsa was not here to fight a God, but she sure as hell would not let him own her without a fight. So, in return, she gazed at his verdant eyes with her own, slicing blue ones. "For my benefit?" She began, utterly disgusted with the fact that he thought her to be so vain. Maybe she was, but her motives were not based on her experiences alone. "I did it for my family, which apparently meant nothing to you. I did it for the Falls family, my twins, and myself. But to you, maybe we were nothing more than a disappointment. Funny, as far as I knew Midas worshipped the ground you walked on and you just watched his entire life's work burn before your eyes." She shifted again, spreading her legs to hold her extended wings steady. Good thing she didn't know he was dead yet. So was her anger misplaced? Certainly, but there was no one else she could blame. No one else would listen to her problems, her anger, and her fear. There were much better ways of releasing it, but even she was not aware of how much she needed to let this all off of her chest. Elsa felt Edgar shift in discomfort upon her head, he wrapped himself up in the tightest ball possible, refusing to look at the God.

She paused for a moment then, still finding the words and feelings that were jumbled up in one big disaster. If anyone could look into her mind, they would see a room, and everything they needed. Yet, when they reached for the thing they needed, it would slip out of existence and appear elsewhere. She was always so close, but never close enough. "Why did you let them tear us apart?" Her voice was defeated now, tears pricking the corner of her eyes because she didn't know what else to do or say. "Why couldn't you even help afterward? Why was everyone thrown away like yesterday's trash?" Why were Shida and Auriel still missing? Why was Oxy suddenly wiped off the face of the planet? Why was everything she loved victim to the fact that she wasn't good enough? Her wings fell then, the tips of them hitting the damp, rocky ground with a thud. "Were we really that much of a failure?" Her eyes were glassy with pain and anguish, but she needed to hear it. She needed to know why they were forgotten, and left so utterly vulnerable. At this moment, she did not care if she walked away with nothing gained. She just needed to know why everything bad was happening to her. She was a girl living among ice, yet everything she touched burned to the ground.

"talk"
image credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

"I did it for my family, which apparently meant nothing to you.

"That is for your benefit Elsa. Why should your familial relations bare upon me?" He asked, with genuine sincerity. It was not his place to moderate her life, nor the lives that she loved or brought into this world. However much he might wish to, he could simply not interfere on such a minute level. It was not his place, no matter how much his heart might wish it.

"His entire life's work? The Falls you mean? Elsa, Midas hardly ruled those lands for more than a handful of seasons. I asked him to oversee the protection and growth of its inhabitants and he did so tremendously. The blame does not lay with me that the Falls fell to the Edge and the Basin. Midas pushed away the peace offered by the Basin and he directed his herd to attend to tasks other than fortifying the borders. Such was his decision. That it proved to be unsuccessful is nothing - Midas was not a tyrant nor a military commander. I never expected him to act as such - but he is with me now, and all has been forgiven and abided for. "

Her next string of questions made the God frown sadly. That she seemed so furious, so saddened by her perception of his absence heavied his heart. The God's warm emerald gaze wavered patiently as he let the mare speak, sighing softly as she concluded.

"You misunderstand my duties Elsa. Mine is not to watch over you and protect you. I am tied to the Hidden Falls, that is true, but never have I ever promised peace or protection. I am a God Elsa, not a King, and I have never professed to be more than I am. I watch and advise when called upon - but when Gods meddle ... well. You saw for yourself what happened. My sister murdered more than a handful, including my son. Before that my brother burned down half a forest and was banished. Your lives are too small for us - we would crush you without even realizing it. That is why we do not meddle. You were never a failure Elsa, nor was the Falls. You merely lost."

Patiently the God waited, dark and thick tail brushing against his rustic hocks.

CREDITS

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Elsa,

Why should your familial relations bare upon me?

It felt like a smack to the face. It burned so hot along the side of her cheeks that it almost felt worse than losing an eye. The blunt force of his truth was almost becoming enough to shatter her. She felt like a mouse caught in a python's grip, with no savior in sight. His words continued to bare down upon her like a crushing weight and she felt like she was suffocating. Part of her wanted to give up then. What was the point of life then, if no one cares for your existence? Maybe Earth did care, but it didn't feel like it was enough. There was only one time in her life she had felt like she was enough, and now where exactly had that gone? He had left her, like everything else. The one man that she relied upon like a crutch had disappeared. She thought that he needed her, when in reality, she needed him. If this was life, it sucked ass.

She swallowed back the tears that were still glazing across the surface of her eyes. The ball in her throat kept her from talking, and the fragile young girl was now wholly at the mercy of a God. With each word, he built her up, and then tore it back down. When it all came down to it, she was too small to be dealt with. She was insignificant. Maybe this God did care, unlike the others. So why hadn't he just taken control? Was he the only one left to kill? His sister murdered, and his brother (which she assumed to be the God of Sun) burnt down the entire land? The God of Spark can't be a winner than either, he does run the Basin.

Her shoulders slumped forward, and she raised her head just high enough to look at the face of the hulking man. He should be the ruling one then. The others should just leave, but that would cause some horrible unbalance wouldn't it? Why did nothing but negatives come from dealing with the shit. "You should just rule Helovia then." She concluded, taking a step back. "If Gods cannot control themselves, and we are too small, how are we to keep all those horrible things from happening again? The lot of us can barely live life without causing massive issues, doesn't help that some of the ones that "rule" cannot contain themselves." It was a rhetorical comment. Of course there was no way to control them, or what they do. She concluded that they were merely mortals, with more power than any mortal can handle. "I'm sorry for being... mortal." She mumbled, nosing the crate that was now dwindling in heat. "Obviously I understand if you chose not to give me something I cannot handle, but if you don't, could this at least be used for something.. good? To help someone in the future?" How naive she was. Of course a bucket of fire and ice would be pointless. Nothing in that concoction could save, it would only hurt. It could only do the thing she had hoped it would do; cause pain. "At least I can understand now." She murmured, before falling silent. 

"talk" 
image credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

[Didn't see this was unarchived. SORRY]

"Horrible things happen, Elsa. A squirrel views a forest fire that burns down his forest as an act just as outrageously of his control, as you view the magical plagues that overcome Helovia. It is not something to be controlled. Life simply cannot be managed in that way. " As she apologized for being mortal, the God smiled and shook his head. It did pain him to see Elsa in such a state. However the micromanagement she desired of him was simply not possible. He could not ease her pains each time they came, just like he could not always be there to save.

"How you will use this gift is up to you Elsa. I will not control you either."

The water and fire from the bucket began to swell, rising up and intertwining. However instead of the ice melting or evaporating, it began to fuse with the fire somehow. The beam danced upwards before turning towards Elsa. It flew towards her chest, breaking apart and melding painlessly into her soul.

The God nodded towards her, confident that Elsa was more than capable of using this power for the good she so desired.

Sorry for the wait! You can post this in the records updates if you haven't already.

:: [Magic: firexwater | Ability to summon ice that burns a specific part of the targets body. ]
:: [Restrictions: Magic is limited to a radius of 5m. She can only target a medium-sized part of the body.]

CREDITS