the Rift

The Road Goes Ever On

Elrond Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
ELROND

The wind rustled through the trees, bringing forth a cold bite of winter wind, stirring memories preferably forgotten within Elrond's mind as he moved through the trees. Leaves had fallen, scattered across the earth like the bodies of so many soldiers lost in war. It was that little morbid thought that stirred theman from his trance-like state at the repitiveness of walking, and thus he stood still, eyes cast down to the forest floor below with a distant sense of curiosity. Soon enough the earth lost it's interest and Elrond lifted his gaze higher, towards the woods that seemed to stretch out into oblivion itself.

How long had he been walking in these thrice-cursed woods? It felt like many days although with another bite of winterchill he raised the count to a sevenday or so. Whilst he always felt at ease in the forest, it grated on him that he did not know when or even if he entered the land he had been told to seek out. Irked by his own ignorance the sable man pushed on, hkeeping his proud head low as to not snag his twisted horns upon low-hanging branches.

Solitude reigned supreme, and Elrond found himself mulling over his prospects. All he had been told was to come to Helovia, that he'd find rather interesting things therein. Then he promptly became homeless, which was a strange occurence that left Elrond sitting there dumbfounded like a babe. Yet that was a while past, many seasons. The hard travel left it's mark upon Elrond; long ago youthful roundness left to make way for the lean, ropy muscle that now coated his figure, muscle born from constant travel and motion, from an everyday routine of rising,eating, and moving along his way.

Once more he found himself slipping into that trance, and went willingly, both paying attention and not to the world around him as he walked through the barren woods, hooves crunching softly on half-frozen leaves and twigs, for he cared little if any heard his approach(in fact he would welcome it, friend or foe).

"Elrond speaks"

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Count your blessings not your flaws

Winter was a harsh time for many of them, and though Kaj had been born on a fierce tundra with snow soberly present nearly all year round, Helovia's warm seasons had changed him and made him just as uncomfortable to return to such cold temperatures. Though snow liked to clump and cling to his lightly feathered legs, Kaj could forgive such transgressions of the earth if it meant he did not worry over the health of his family. The Goddess was far from his lands at last, both in body and in patron ruling. Ever farther, with his ascent to the skies, she bound to the earth just as mortal as the rest of them. High in the heavens the air was already icy, and the golden stallion was not looking forward to having to land, already envisioning the shock of cold against his earthen toned pillars. He had traveled to the Threshold for a reason, the same reason any others lurked around the recesses of the land, dwelling in shadows for the sake of their herd.

Everybody sought to prosper, but the Falls had numbers that needed cushioning far more than any of the others, and Kaj would not rest until he was certain the seemingly stubborn curse of the Falls was broken. Leading kings into absence and citizens into silent, wordless turmoil since its inception. The Storm Bringer would not allow such a fate to befall his people, even if it lead to the days of his life being spent in constant travel between the Threshold and his herdlands, a transit of flight that he was consumed in that very moment.

Below, scenery sprawled out in grey-saturated panorama. The arching woods of the Threshold were a familiar sight, and the Czar descended with ease, watching the treetops gain clarity with each foot dropped in quiet musing. Huffing into the windy, frosted eve, Kaj relished in the warm cloud that blew back against his face, and descended from the cloud cover. Moisture clung to every golden feather and filament, and just as he was lowering himself, he caught sight of an anomaly in the structured colors and patterns of the forestry below. A brighter glimpse of earthen tones, caramel and warm seasons.

Perhaps he had found company after all.

Twisting through the canopy with only a slight tug of clawed branch tips against his powerful hide, the Czar dropped to the snowy earth with a muted thud. Shaking off the twinge in his knees that came alongside being a flighted soul, he strode forth towards the man he'd glimpsed from above, a nicker of greeting rolling in his mouth pleasantly. "Good eve, traveler," he rumbled when the fellow fell beneath his gaze formally, arching neck to bow his mighty head in a respectful dip. Wings expanded and then settled comfortably perched against his sides, primary tips just barely grazing the earth. "My name is Kaj, Czar of the Hidden Falls. Are you lost, friend?" Curious cobalt eyes turned upon the brute, quiet and patient in turn.

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
The frost had numbed a lot of the pain that was the result of heartbreak. If her family had disappeared at any other time, she may have lost it. At least now, Edgar and her were both in their element, quite literally. So, instead angry, their elatedness was reduced to indifference. Which, in this case, could prove useful. So the duo took advantage of their "happier" state, and set off for the Threshold.

In winter, this land was always chalked full of interesting sights. Ice would cling in the most wondrous of ways to branches, and freeze entire rivers in their tracks. If that wasn't amazing, she didn't know what was. Taking flight in the direction of the Threshold only stabilized this belief, because from below, there were a multitude of new things to see. Although it was mostly forest, the trees still sang a different tune. Instead of being weathered and battered like the old trees of the Threshold, there were juvenile trees breaking into their first winter. Some were temporarily frozen in time, whilst the evergreens flourished, surviving all four seasonal tests. Edgar, who normally would be perched upon her poll, dove off her head. He ducked low into the treeline, following Elsa from below. As they went, he would point out the little things he found, and relay them to Elsa. This whole bond thing was starting to click for them, and both were able to support the other. It was in times like these, that they were both unwaveringly loyal to the other.

Sadly, their bonding exercise was cut short as Edgar spotted a gathering forming just inside the Threshold. He alighted the ground, patiently waiting for his bonded who landed soon behind. Elsa peered forward, listening in to the one that was speaking as they approached. Apparently, the paler one was the czar of the Hidden Falls. Who is he? Midas is- Her raging thoughts were suddenly cut off by Edgar's, who lowered his icy wings over her eyes to make her focus. 'You Edge. Forungi. Better than that now,' he chastised, slowly lifting his wings from her eyes. He was right, she was in a much better place now, but a wound takes time to heal. Not enough had passed quite yet, but it was becoming more bearable.

She moved slowly as she approached the group, stepping out of the snow she tried so hard to hide in. A small smile cracked across her face as she looked from Kaj, to the one who was still not named. She ducked her head to her chest, it was aimed toward the one she assumed to be new. "Hello you two. My name is Elsa, one of the Forungar of the World's Edge." Granted, she was the only Forungar, but she knew that was temporary. Majua and Torliek had ideas to add more, and Elsa was fine with that. The more that stood with her, the less that could stand against her. "Welcome to the land of Helovia," she finished, nodding towards the earth colored stallion. Edgar though, had not been introduced, and he delivered the all too familiar peck between the eyes. Elsa just snorted, scoffing at him before giving the "grand introduction" he supposedly deserved. "And before I gain another hole in the head, this is my companion Edgar." The cocky bird puffed up, doing his little charade as usual. If she didn't know him, she'd think him to be the king of some self-absorbed tiny bird army.

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
you and i will never make a good love story
The spangled mare slipped silently through the trees. The sound of her hooves against the forest floor was muffled by the fresh snow. It hadn't been long since the blue mare had made her own pilgrimage through the Threshold, abdomen had received an invite to her new home in the Basin.

Her journey prior to Helovia had been a difficult one. From her rigorous upbringing to the disbanding of her family, then waiting for the jaws of fate to snap her up as she wandered through a cruel world alone, she never expected to click into place in this mysterious land. But now she was a corporal, and she belonged. She could never give enough thanks to the stallion who has led her to her new home. Perhaps she would find a wandering soul today, and she could repay the favor.

As if the universe heard her thoughts, it provided an opportunity. The sound of voices wafted through the trees. She halted, turning her head towards the sounds. Though a bit too far to distinguish what the voices were saying, she could pick out different pitches. A stallion and mare, perhaps? This was free land, so she decided there would be no harm in investigating. She trotted towards the voices, coming over the crest of a hill to finally see the forms. Two winged beasts and a unicorn stood conversing. Ears turned forwards, and she listened, a smirk crossing her face. It sounded as though they were inviting the unicorn to their respective lands. What better than to add her own invitation?

Making her descent down the hill, the midnight mare's long even strides made her movements graceful, like she was floating above the white. At least, until she slipped at the bottom, leading her to stumble and trip, until she finally caught herself and ended up braced in a wide stance, eyes wide, ears flat back. Well, first impressions aren't that important. She straightened up promptly, tossing her white waves and curls back into place, and cleared her throat.

"Hello, newcomer," she began, tipping her head in respect to the unicorn stallion. "Welcome to Helovia. Though, with this small welcoming party you have here-" she flicked her horn towards the pegusi, "-I'm sure you've been told where you have arrived. I am Ki'irha, a corporal for the northern land we call the Aurora Basin. It is filled with others like us. It is safe, with plenty of room for growth." A smile bloomed on her face, her stormy eyes warm. "I am sure you would be more than welcomed if you would like to see it, even as an option." A genuine sweetness filled her words with honey, and she hoped the newcomer would look past her embarrassing stumble, and perhaps allow her to lead him home.

"Talk?"
but that's okay. let's see what kind of story we will be.
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered
ELROND

His somewhat-silent call for company did not go unanswered.

Wingbeats filled the air, drawing the stag's gaze upwards even as the angelic being descended towards him. But no angel of feminine beauty was this creature; nay he screamed of blood and battle with the air of kings.

He liked it.

So Elrond waited, still as a stone as the pegasus approached, and he too bowed his head low in respectful greetings, mimicking the stallion's depth and time. "Well met, Kaj of the Hidden Falls. I am Elrond, and no, not lost. Merely wandering." His dark lips curled, yet once more he(now they) was not left to his own devices for long. Another pegasus, this one draped in snowy white and blue, approached, introducing herself as a Forungar, whatever that was.

"Well met to you as well, Elsa Forungar." However a phrase she spoke had his ears pricked, and he raised his head further, ignoring the fain brush of his horn tips against the branches above. "I am in Helovia? Ah, fair tidings indeed." Yet another soon came, but this one lacked wings, and instead bore a horn. Years of training began to rear it's head, a social caste imprinted upon him since birth, and he shoved it away. He had been warned that the strange land was not like his home.

"And well met to you also. The friendliness in his tone was strained with a growing weariness that only increased when the horned mare burst into praises of her home. So all of this was for recruitment purposes? He turned his gaxe upon Kaj and Elsa then, his expression clearly waiting for them too to spout words in hopes of swaying him to their home, rather than just mere companionship.

Oh how they seemed to circle like buzzards above the dead.

@[Kaj] @[Elsa] @[Ki'irah]

Kaj
the Stormbringer

A warm smile spread on the golden's lips to see the stag return his gesture, wings settling into a relaxed position against his sides. Words were a welcome change to the silence of his travels, and for a stag who thrived on kinship and conversation, it was like being brought back to steady ground from the throes of withdrawal and depression. Kaj had heard so many introductions, a thousand names and experiences and desires in his time as a recruiter. So he smiled and tilted his head to regard the lad, as happy with the response as he was when last he'd heard it. In fact, it was close to what Kaj had said when he'd first encountered someone in the Threshold. So you could blame him for being nostalgic. He was in his prime, but certainly older than most of the younger generations that were recruiting lately.

Though, with how Elrond seemed to be Kaj's age, maybe that was why their philosophies were apparently so similar. "I said the same thing when I stood in these lands," he rumbled happily, eyes aglitter with amusement at the irony. "Wandering is a fine past time. The Threshold is generally for recruiting, but when I came into Helovia I was aided by a mare who dwelled only in the wilds, and visited here only to help as much as I could. I suppose I hold too fond regard for her memory, for I hope to do the same," the Czar chuckled softly in a voice like summer thunder. "So, are there any questions I can answer for you?" Archibald was still in the Falls, and the journey was long regardless, so Kaj had ample time.

From the woods came a pale visage, one he sadly remembered from the invasion. Kaj gave a small smile, not sure how it would be received by the maiden, and dipped his head respectfully towards her as she moved forward to join their little group. He knew her name, but only because the Falls had been in charge of instating the new leads and positions of the old Edge land. "Good eve, Elsa." It was all he'd say, for fear of turning her wrath upon him. It seemed nobody really understood his reasoning behind the invasion, and though he wished they would have stayed in the Falls rather than outcasting themselves, they were individuals who could not be tied down nor forced into anything they didn't desire.

They were interrupted by a young fae, very young. Overly eager. But she was sincere in her desires, and Kaj was sympathetic to her misunderstandings. It was something of a sin that his own people had likely committed in their perusing of the Threshold. There was no need to scold her for it, though he was sad to see Elrond's face crumple and turn a bit shadowed, uncertain or perhaps uncomfortable with the realization that they were hoping for him to follow them and become yet another bolstering number.

Kaj had recruited many a fellows in his day, from his time as an Edge citizen to being their Wingleader, then as King, and even still as Czar of the Hidden Falls. It had never been his desire to lie to anyone, to jump immediately into the situation at hand. Why? Well, perhaps it was because he emulated Tor, the one who had met him in the Threshold. The medic lass had been an outcast, with no preference nor partiality to where Kaj went. Instead, she had calmly answered all his questions, and when he had made his decision had walked with him to the World's Edge and helped him - as a friend rather than a loyal subject - through the joining process.

Kaj had emulated her from the beginning, learning from her that the best way to add someone to your family was to treat them as such. He'd experienced quite a lot in the mysterious threshold, including chasing a beautiful mare through the firefly lit darkness to drink with her at the crisp winter pools of the night. She'd not wanted chains nor herd life, and instead, Kaj had bid her a fond farewell with lingering memories that he still happily called upon. He had told Elrond as much about Tor, and was proud in a way to see that Elsa was quite like himself, preferring conversation over capitulation.

"You have much to learn, young one. Sit, stay a while. Converse with the fellow. Just because he has horn upon brow does not mean he is fit for your family, after all what if he were dangerous?" Kaj doubted as such, but his tone was very gentle, almost paternal. Nothing mocking nor cruel about it. "Come, speak with us a little. The journey is long, and we have time. Corporal you say? A fine rank for one so young." Perhaps that would loosen her up a little, get her interested in conversation, perhaps even share her thoughts and dreams. Kaj hoped so.

Turning cobalt eyes upon Elrond, the sunny brute smiled kindly."Do not feel pressured to agree to any of our suggestions of returning to our herdlands with us. Life as an outcast - truly, what a horrible name - is just as fulfilling as one in a family. Our job is supposed to be aiding you, not ourselves." Turning eye to the other girls he laughed, a deep throaty thing that was all amusement and joy. "Or perhaps I'm simply getting old and out of touch!"

Please excuse Kaj being old and nostalgic, he hasn't been in the Threshold in a LONG TIME xD
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.

His cryptic response to Helovia left her hanging on edge. A multitude of questions pressed against her lips, wanting to burst free. Had he heard of Helovia before? Had he been in Helovia before? A confused ear flickered forward, as Edgar too leaned out from her head towards the earthy stallion. Her lips parted slightly, the questions coming into fruition, but were quickly shut down by the arrival of another.

Her gaze shifted to the unicorn who had come into their little group. She was dark, spotted with bursts of white, and adorned with a horn. So, it was no surprise when she immediately delved into the world of the Basin. Elsa closed her eyes for a moment, keeping the string of profanities from exploding on the inside. Funny, she almost was beginning to like the Basin more than the Falls - apparently though, she had been fooled, her anger still was embedded in the North. She never saw a single one of them, except in the Threshold, and the one time she had her vision stolen. They holed up like rats, waiting, and only coming out to hoard more bodies for resources (or so she assumed).

The czar stepped in, and she felt relieved. He took the moment to educate the girl on how to recruit. It was never good to just willy nilly run around inviting people to your home, you never know when you're picking up a spy. Elsa took his advice to heart, storing it away in case she ever needed a reminder on how to act. Her body, unlike her facade, was hot and explosive. Sometimes, she just needed a little reminder to cool her down.

Once the czar had ceased with a hearty laugh, Elsa took the opportunity to question him. Although she was interested in asking him to go to the Edge, she was much more interested in his vague response to Helovia. "I hope you don't mind me asking- but by the way you responded to Helovia, have you been here before?" Her ears tilted forward with interested again, gaze roaming over him a if she could discover all of his secrets. She paused for a few moments, to allow him to respond if he wished. "Oh! And since everyone here seems to be selling their timeshares, I can also offer you refuge in the World's Edge. Unless you are interested in something else, I may be of use, since I've been in three different settings since my arrival." She smiled warmly then, standing back from the "spotlight". She meant it though, when she offered advice. Living as an outcast, a mason, and now a military leader had taught her many things. Her attention turned to Miss Basin then, quite eager to hear what she had to say.

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Noella
Ki'irha
After her words, an uncomfortable expression crossed the face of the unicorn stallion. Her smile dropped, and she shifted slightly, worried she had perhaps come across strong. She had never recruited before, and wanted to offer the same shelter that she had been offered, but she wasn't sure if she was coming on a bit too heavy. Her leonine tail twitched, the tuft flicking to the side, before it coiled around her hind hoof."It is lovely to meet you, kind sir. And my apologies if my invitation is not warranted. This land has many places to sustain a wandering heart, and I myself have not wandered to every corner. Though, I am much newer here than most, only arriving to Helovia a short while ago." The smile returned to her face, hoping to ease his worry.

As if hearing her previous worries, the pale golden stag beside her spoke. His words were kind, not tainted with rudeness that may have come from another in response to her eagerness. Though she could not imaging sitting and chatting with with a pagasus, as she had never had a pleasant interaction with one -though, she had few interactions with them to begin with -she did not mind learning a thing or two from a creature who held himself with such confidence. She did scoff at the dangerous comment, however. If danger was a concern, why would anyone recruit strangers from a strange wood at the opening to the land?

"Yes, corporal, but I am very green to the position. I still have much to learn, of that as well as other things." She nodded, a respectful gesture. This stallion seemed collected and wise, and she felt an odd comfort by his words. Though she would enjoy to discuss further her new found position, she did not want to distract from the earth-toned buck. Ki'irha returned her gaze to the victim of their questioning, and listened to the white mare ask questions of her own. Despite her want to scoop up the unicorn and take him to his own kind, she also took the time to learn how this recruiting deal was done.

Though she had already tossed in her opening pitch, she still wished to add a bit more. "Though I am sure you will find family and protection anywhere you go, my offer still stands, should you wish to take it now or later. I am not sure what you find joy in doing, whether it is battle, creating, healing, anything, we have many at home who would be happy to teach you more of your trade. We are isolated, but strong, and open to any who wish to call the Basin home." Relaxed now, her silver eyes met his, and he hoped he would make a decision best for him, with no pressure or nerves to sway him.

"Talk?"
Tagged// @[Kaj] @[Elsa] @[Elrond]
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered
ELROND

Elrond's gaze focused upon the cream pegasus, ears pricked. "I have been wandering for too long now. Perhaps it is time I settle in a home...especially now that I am in Helovia." Dark lips twitched up, and he looked to the snowy mare as she spoke, Elsa. At her query he laughed, a rich sound of mirth. "Nay,I have not been here before... I was told to come here. Told that I would find peace." Blue eyes danced with a gentle amusement, as if he was older than his age.

Old...he didn't consider himself it. Well-traveled, yes. Wise, perhaps.

"Do not worry yourself, it was a little thing. You are young, and excited, sometimes I forget how that feels." He lied, white teeth flashing in a smile at Ki'irah. As she spoke her part, his smile faded to one of gentle regret. "I've little heart to join a place of isolation, child. I am sorry. However if you would like to remain and chat, it would be welcomed." He turned his head to Kaj and Elsa then, his gaze settling on Kaj.

They came here to recruit, so he would give them his flesh for their armies, his soul for their merriment,his heart for their family.

He was so tired of being alone.

"What of you, Kaj? Tell me of your home...both of you." He bobbed his head to Kaj and Elsa, before glancing at Ki'irah and gesturing for her to come closer. "If you wish to hear of the other lands, this is a perfect time, is it not?" He smiled gently. He didn't want her to think she had made a bad impression, quite contrary. He just felt more of a click with the elder pegasi, Kaj the most. There was something in the Czar that seemed to match Elrond's own spirit.

@[Kaj] and @[Elsa]
(Elrond is going to go with Kaj, so if you'd like Brit we can post a thread there so he gets accepted? :3 and keep this one going until it ends? XD)

Noella
Ki'irha
Elrond continued to entertain the gathering with answers to the questions presented. The blue mare smiled at the buck, despite his denial of her invitation. "I understand. It is a different world up north, and though beautiful, is not for everyone." She shrugged. Despite the isolation the Basin provided, there was safety and harbor there. And if she could only see one more thing in her lifetime, the colors of the aurora borealis ripping through the dark sky was high on that list. Curious to see where he would decide, she considered staying, but decided against it. No matter where he chose, it was up to him and him alone on whether he made it a home. A soft breeze fluttered through her mane, caressing her hide with the promise of a Frosfall storm. She knew it was best to be headed home before she was snowed out, and no amount of small talk was worth her getting stuck in the Arch to wait out the storm.

"It was lovely to meet you, I'm sure we will meet again. And you are welcome to visit, should you ever wander too far north." Her words were partially true. The horn upon his brow would allow his safety, but his alliances would determine the warmth showed to him by her herd. "But, though I would enjoy a good chat, it is time for me to take my leave. I'm sure you understand."

Nodding respectfully to the pegasi, she turned and made her way towards the treeline. She would enjoy crossing paths with the cream stallion again. Another day, another time. She turned her head, sparing one last look at the group, then retreated into the trees.

With that, the midnight mare was gone.

"Talk?"
Tagged// @[Kaj] @[Elsa] @[Elrond]
OOC// I know I'm out of turn, but I figured I would make my exit so you guys can figure out the rest!
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Kaj
the Stormbringer

A smile creased the pale muzzle of the eldest pegasus at Elrond's words, oceanic eyes soft with understanding. Aye, the world was labyrinthine, and his own weary steps had trod too many paths for the Czar not to understand the desire Elrond was displaying. After all, had he not sought the same, so many years ago? Helovia had become his resting place, eternally. There would never be another home for him, it had become clear long ago. Perhaps the same could be said of Elrond? "This land has become home for us all. I hope it shall extend to you the same personal invitation it did us," the brute rumbled pleasantly, sincere in his confessions. There was a reason they were all there, after all. Family, duty, perceived notions of dominance and success. But their reasons for remaining in Helovia? That was far clearer. There was never the notion to leave. Did they fell its sway in their bones as he did? The roots he could always feel extending from his hooves into the land?

Perhaps he was getting soft and sentimental in his old age.

HA. Old. As if.

The youngest of them seemed to react pleasantly enough to his gentle corrections, and Kaj's smile warmed upon her, proud to see how she received it. "You will learn quickly," he assured kindly. "And even if not, you've nothing but time. Make your errors now while you are young." Ah yes, that was definitely sentimentality. It was almost embarrassing, but Kaj was too sure of himself, too grounded to feel anything like that.

Elrond was quick to reassure the beautiful child, and Kaj regretted to see her go when she declined. So quick, so eager, ever moving. Kaj only partially envied her, for life was so much better when the little things were noticed, collected like little seashells in a glass jar to gaze at in times of sorrow and trouble. It was what had gotten him through the invasion - the little things. How many had he missed when he was her age? How many was she missing now? "Travel safely," he called as she turned and melted into the winter shadows.

Whatever lingering he felt of her presence was banished as Elrond turned to him, questions on his lips and curiosity on his features. "I call the Hidden Falls my home. It is young, I regret to say because of an invasion. But it is strong, I try to know every member personally, for we are built on family and love first and foremost. We are allies with nearly every herd in Helovia, if it is safety you seek. I can offer you only brotherhood and a chance to grow, where I hail from." There was no regret to color his vocals when he spoke. It may not be flashy and beautiful like the Aurora Basin, but it was honest. Heartfelt, soul-deep, beautiful. The Falls members had followed him out of loyalty, love. They remained for the same reason. It was a family through and through, and though Archibald would call him a sentimental fool, Kaj had never regretted that decision.

I'll make a thread for you while we finish this, and have Elrond transferred to a Falls member! @[Elsa]
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!