the Rift

[JUDGED] Care to Dance? [Enna vs Ki'irha Spar]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

Ki’irha
Do not go gently into the night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Frostfall had spread it's wings across Helovia, and no corner had been spared from the crisp and sharp winter air. The Aurora Basin, tucked far north, had received the brunt of the seasonal changes. The mountains that protected the valley had not shielded the Basin from more snow and ice than the blue mare could stand.

The midnight warrior crossed the landscape with long-legged strides, her body held high and proud. Silver eyes sparkled in the daylight, and despite the chilled air, the afternoon sun cast a soft warmth onto her back. She planned on visiting the hot springs before the day grew too old, but before that, she wanted to do one thing. Since her exodus from her previous life, she had not enjoyed a friendly spar. She felt like a bird trapped in a cage. She did not want her skills to dull and prove her to be nothing but a lazy foal-mare. She had been trained to fight, to kill, to defend and protect, so she felt a piece missing from her life. With her recent promotion to corporal, Ki decided now was as good a time as ever. So today, she would leap back into that dance that she knew so well. But who would her dancing partner be?

She stretched high, feeling her muscles strech and pull, the movement of her musculature sending a ripple of sapphire to pour across her coat. She left to the north at a canter, her long blue horn like the needle of a compass, looking for a flat clearing clear of too much ice and snow. Finding a nice clearing that suited her fancy, she shook the cold from her coat, considering screaming her challenge into the frigid air, but she held off. Instead, she lifted her head, letting the cool wash over her. Someone would come, she could feel it. She just needed to wait.

Tagged:: @[Enna]
OOC:: This is set in a field in the northern portion of the Aurora Basin. It is mid-afternoon, sunny, with a light wind condition. The ground is cold, with space patches of ice here and there. No considerable buildup of snow.

Credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

It is with a start that you awake. The sound of movement had pulled you from your dreamless sleep, caused a mixture of fear and uncertainty to stir within you, more from the suddenness than anything else. It stops as quickly as it had begun, and, with some difficulty to pull yourself to your feet, stumbling forwards groggily. It had been easier to sleep since you had made the decision to say goodbye, finding the closest thing to home you knew and burying your secrets and your sorrows there, amongst the shore that still had been so different from what you had hoped. Your heart no longer felt like the mass of ten thousand suns, your bones dense as a black hole. You had, instead of grieving, devoted yourself to learning, bettering yourself for those that you had chosen as your family, gathering so that they would not be without. It had altogether filled you with a new sense of belonging.

So even though your heart still ached, and sometimes you couldn’t help the night terrors no matter how hard you tried, it had become easier, more bearable; for that, at least, you had been happy. It is then that you break the line of trees, eyes instantly spotting the dark blue of a singular frame amongst a sea of white.

"I remember you, though I don’t think I’ve ever caught your name?" You stop in front of her, several feet off, all smiles and the easiness of summer. "I’m Enna."

0/3 attacks
@[Ki'irha]♥ i apologize for the quality; i really wasn't sure how to write it, as i thought it would make more sense for ki'irha to request a spar since enna's not gonna just go up and be like BLAM TAKE THAT. XD
promise that they'll get better though.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Noella

Ki’irha
A Warrior Cloaked in Midnight

The wind fluttered through her white mane, whispering secrets she didn't understand, full of the last breaths of soldiers before her. Nostrils flared, and she sighed, eyes closed, centering herself. Her silver eyes fluttered open as another voice called her attention. She turned her head, watching a brown antlered fae approach. The mare was familiar to Ki, but she could not place the face. She scanned her eyes over the mare, wondering where she was familiar from.

As the thought came to her, the midnight mare spoke."Ah, yes, I remember you. I almost didn't, without fireflies leaping from your steps." She thought back to the night she stood on the plateau beside the golden stallion, and watched the mare dance beneath the northern lights, flurries of fireflies bursting from her bounding steps."I am Ki'irha, it is wonderful to finally meet you, I am new here and looking to learn at least a few names to put to the faces around here." She dipped her crowned head in respect upon stating her name.

The brown mare opposite her smiled, and Ki'irha returned the expression. Though smaller than she, the earthy mare had an impressive crown of antlers, and though small, could be dangerous during a skirmish."I come here looking for some sparring practice, and, though my apologies for being blunt, you seemed to show up at the perfect time. Perhaps you would like to join me?"

Though she did not know a thing about the mare except her name, how better to know someone than by how they fought? Even refusing a fight could prove character, or lack thereof.

And Ki'irha knew that this day, she would learn much of this new acquaintance.

OOC::  Feel free to have one more out-of-battle post, or the next post can be your first move. Up to you! The bluntness is a bit out of character, but it's the only way I could ask.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Ah, yes, I remember you. I almost didn’t, without fireflies leaping from your steps.’ You laugh then, thinking back on that night that you first saw the lights illuminate the sky, the excitement that had consumed you so wholly. Your smile deepens, nodding quickly to acknowledge her comment. "Ki’irha," You repeat, committing the name, her face, to memory. "I’m kinda new here too." If anything you hoped it would make her feel a little less alone. You had been daunted when you first set foot here, daunted by all the things and faces you didn’t know. It is now like a second skin to you, the thought of being a part of something bigger than yourself something you are no longer willing to part with. You wonder, idly, if she feels the same, if she has found in the thought of never being alone.

Shrugging gently, you examine her as she watches you, admiring the deep blue of her skin, the alabaster curls mimicking your own. She is beautiful, you mark, even as she speaks again, momentarily stopping the spin of your world. At first your lips move to deny her, a fear sparking in the shadow of your heart. But you refrain, instead breathing in deeply. You had already volunteered for the seasonal fights, hoping to learn how to defend those that you would call family now, lend practice to them so that they may defend themselves. How is this any different? Your eyes narrow slightly, drinking in her slender, well-built form before a slight nod is given in response instead.

“Though I warn you, I’ve never done anything like it before.” The hint of a smile returns to your lips, a vague humor lighting the depths of your eyes. “I’ll do my best.” Neither of you would benefit from anything less.

And so you wait, your heart in a flurry behind its cage of bone, your nimble form poised and ready. For what, exactly, you do not know. And that, in itself, frightens you. Never mind that you hadn't fought a single day in your life, that, even now, you aren't entirely sure of just what you are doing, or the potential for injury. It is the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty looming before you like the gaping mouth of some monster, just waiting to devour you. It is this that has you trembling, however slightly; this that feeds the doubt growing within you, poisons your blood as it rushes through your veins.

0/3 attacks
@[Ki'irha]

Noella

Ki’irha
Do not go gentle into the night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

The mare paused, and Ki'irha believed that perhaps her request would be denied. When the mare finally replied, a small laugh escaped the midnight's lips. "No worries, darling, I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty as well. But we can learn together." Ki winked, and took a few steps back. She evaluated her adversary, noting the slope of her back, the lean muscles that brought strength to her limbs, the arch of her neck. Beauty had not been spared on this one, and Ki'irha wondered if the mare's fight matched her appearance in intensity. She made a mental note of the four tines that bloomed from the fae's antlers, knowing they were capable of more damage than a simple single horn like her own, if used properly. "I'm sure you will do marvelously."

When she and her brothers would spar, it was their tradition to lean into a bow, crossing horns with the opponent. The warrior girl raised a folded leg upwards, leaning forward and dipping her head, pointing the tip of her horn towards the dun mare. She sighed, closing her eyes. Frosted breath rose from her nostrils, and she was still, feeling her heart pump life through her body, listening to the world spin slowly around her, felt the warm sunlight spill down her back. She focused, meditated, readied herself. She held this position for only a moment, before silver eyes snapped upwards and locked with the dual colored orbs of her opponent. She heaved herself forward, lunging towards the brown unicorn, horn still aimed for the center of her chest. At the last moment her head snapped to the side, her intent not to kill her herdmate, but instead to drive into her with a strong shoulder and knock her ofg balance. She leapt away, spinning, centering her own balance, then lashed out with her hind legs, intent on landing a hard kick on an unsteady target. The white mane of the mare poured and splashed over the nape of her neck, and her tail whipped around, assisting her balance.

The blue mare spun, an elegant dancer in motion. Shades of sapphire and cobalt rippled down her coat as she moved, her body poised and every movement purposeful. She pivoted, facing her opponent, a smile on her face. She readied herself to dip and dive, and prepared herself to take a hit if she wasn't agile enough to avoid the sloping antlers or sharp cloves of her opposite.

OOC:: Ki'irha attempts to ram into Enna, trying to leave damage and knock her off balance. She then spins and kicks out with her hind legs, aiming to kick Enna in the side to cause damage and knock Enna over.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

In an instant something shifts, her head snapping as she springs forwards with a swiftness you only half expected. It is out of pure instinct that you move with a distinct lack of grace, stumbling out of her way and narrowly missing the collision she no doubt intended. Your ears pin, your head swiveling towards the direction you thought she would be standing, only to notice her hooves flying right at you. There is no time to move, and instead you force the muscles of your legs to bunch, reading for the impact. Radiating pain emits from your lower left thigh, forcing a breath from you as the lesson sinks in, refusing to give her any knowledge of the pain she inflicted, the skin her hoof had come in contact with beginning to emit a strangely new heat. It is a welcome alternative to the sharpness of her horn which you had scrambled to avoid. In another moment you may have been upset by her savagery, the amicable mare coated in sky no longer the one standing before you, and somewhere within your wallflower-heart you wish to be, feeling tears well to the surface of your mismatched eyes.

However, is this not what you had asked for? For a moment you simply look at her, letting the throbbing in your lower leg feed your will, the same will that had been so open to this spar; the will to better yourself, to protect the family that you had melded in to. Stubbornly you swallow the lump in your throat, a shriek leaving you as you lunge forwards. Despite the temptation to use the horns attached to your forehead you refuse to, too afraid that you may cause serious damage. Instead, your front knees jerk upwards, aiming to collide with her chest cavity, teeth grasping for the tender flesh of her right cheek. You didn’t need to reach far, as you nearly match her height, and so as your hooves reach the ground again you bounce away slightly to her right, taking another few steps from what you had thought a safe distance, learning from the last time you had misjudged her.

1/3 attacks
361 words
summary: ki'irha's buck hits enna's lower left thigh. in retaliation enna lunges forwards, hoping to knee ki'irha in the chest, potentially winding her, and bites at her right cheek, aiming solely for damage before moving away to face ki'irha on ki'irha's right side.

( whooo first fighting post ... ever. XD )

Noella

Ki’irha

With no sense of grace, the antler-crowned mare stumbled, tripped, and Ki'irha's ears perked, a flash of concern crossing her face. The blue mare's hind hooves had missed her mark, but still made contact with the thick muscle of her opponents leg. Her aim was to win, to come victorious, but not to seriously injure her herdmate. But, seeing her opponent recover, the Corporal's focus returned. She made every use of each moment, and in this small break she took a deep breath. A harsh wind came, and like long fingers, it tossed her white mane and left a chill in her bones. She braced herself, planting her hooves firmly on the permafrost.

Enna came at her, and Ki'irha reared to meet her, attempting to lock legs with the mare. A knee made hard contact with Ki's chest, and she gasped, the pain blossoming like a poisonous flower. She let out a single harsh cough, catching her breath as soon as it was lost. Like a snake the brown mare lashed out, and seeing velvet lips turn back, she tried to avoid the gnash of teeth. She turned her head, keeping the harsh bite from marring her face, and instead it landed on her neck. It stung and burned, and she came crashing back down to have all four hooves on the ground."I've had lovers bite harder than that," she growled, throwing an insult at the opposer, downplaying the soreness that still lingered, not noticing the small beads of blood that were appearing around the site. A single red jewel of blood trickled down. Rust on cobalt.

The dun mare danced and spun, and they stood facing each other. Ki'irha once again sprang, coming close to Enna before rearing again, clawing the air with cloven onyx, aiming to strike the chest or neck of her sparring partner. Her ears lay flat back, pinned to her skull, her eyes stormy and dark. She reached to grab the tine of an antler in her teeth before she returned to the ground, wrenching her head downwards, aiming to pull the doe with her. Hoping she had a good grip, if a grip at all, she turned her own body, hoping to bring the mare to the frozen earth.

The starry mare was kind and gentle. But right now, in this instant, she was a different creature. Like a moonless night, in her heart was a darkness that was brought around by battle. Though not directed at the pretty mare before her, Ki'irha turned that darkness into a driving force. During each movement, each defense, each offense, she took in every detail. The barking, rough voice of her father filled her ears. Every lesson he taught her, she used. She did not know her opponent well enough to know her weaknesses, but she was absorbing each hint and clue on what this mare was made of.

And with each breath, each strike, each ounce of burning pain, she reminded herself what she was capable of.

OOC:: Ki'irha takes a hard knee to the chest, and a bite to the neck.

She tries to kick and scratch Enna's chest with her hooves, inflicting pain and injury. She then attempts to grab Enna by an antler and pull her to the ground, or at least hurt the muscles in her neck. She also aims to cause pain in the base of the antler.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Noella

Ki’irha

With no sense of grace, the antler-crowned mare stumbled, tripped, and Ki'irha's ears perked, a flash of concern crossing her face. The blue mare's hind hooves had missed her mark, but still made contact with the thick muscle of her opponents leg. Her aim was to win, to come victorious, but not to seriously injure her herdmate. But, seeing her opponent recover, the Corporal's focus returned. She made every use of each moment, and in this small break she took a deep breath. A harsh wind came, and like long fingers, it tossed her white mane and left a chill in her bones. She braced herself, planting her hooves firmly on the permafrost.

Enna came at her, and Ki'irha reared to meet her, attempting to lock legs with the mare. A knee made hard contact with Ki's chest, and she gasped, the pain blossoming like a poisonous flower. She let out a single harsh cough, catching her breath as soon as it was lost. Like a snake the brown mare lashed out, and seeing velvet lips turn back, she tried to avoid the gnash of teeth. She turned her head, keeping the harsh bite from marring her face, and instead it landed on her neck. It stung and burned, and she came crashing back down to have all four hooves on the ground."I've had lovers bite harder than that," she growled, throwing an insult at the opposer, downplaying the soreness that still lingered, not noticing the small beads of blood that were appearing around the site. A single red jewel of blood trickled down. Rust on cobalt.

The dun mare danced and spun, and they stood facing each other. Ki'irha once again sprang, coming close to Enna before rearing again, clawing the air with cloven onyx, aiming to strike the chest or neck of her sparring partner. Her ears lay flat back, pinned to her skull, her eyes stormy and dark. She reached to grab the tine of an antler in her teeth before she returned to the ground, wrenching her head downwards, aiming to pull the doe with her. Hoping she had a good grip, if a grip at all, she turned her own body, hoping to bring the mare to the frozen earth.

The starry mare was kind and gentle. But right now, in this instant, she was a different creature. Like a moonless night, in her heart was a darkness that was brought around by battle. Though not directed at the pretty mare before her, Ki'irha turned that darkness into a driving force. During each movement, each defense, each offense, she took in every detail. The barking, rough voice of her father filled her ears. Every lesson he taught her, she used. She did not know her opponent well enough to know her weaknesses, but she was absorbing each hint and clue on what this mare was made of.

And with each breath, each strike, each ounce of burning pain, she reminded herself what she was capable of.

OOC:: Ki'irha takes a hard knee to the chest, and a bite to the neck.

She tries to kick and scratch Enna's chest with her hooves, inflicting pain and injury. She then attempts to grab Enna by an antler and pull her to the ground, or at least hurt the muscles in her neck. She also aims to cause pain in the base of the antler.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

I’ve had lovers bite harder than that,

The remark does not anger you, adding barbs to your veins to spur you into further action as she might have intended. It does not add to your desire to continue this mock-fight, and it does not wound your pride. The words crease your lips in to a frown, concern for the star-skinned mare clouding your mind for just a fraction of a second before she springs forwards, her limbs flying at you faster than you can manage to move. Her hoof slices into the muscles of your chest, sharp and savage, tearing a hole from the point of your right shoulder to the center of your breast. You cry out as the pieces of flesh rend a part, blood seeping from the wound in an instant. It is a searing pain, much like the kick to your leg but sharper somehow. Lost in it you do not have the presence of mind to pull from her as you feel her teeth latch on to your antlers, and as she descends, so do you.

It is in vain that you try to catch yourself, your dainty hooves slipping on a patch of ice as you brace against her pull, something in your neck snapping quietly, the pain of it dulling quickly in comparison to your surprise as gravity catches you off-guard. As you crumble, your head tilts up violently, antlers reaching for any contact of flesh, primarily aiming at the tenderness of her neck as she releases her grip. You do not suspect them to hit deep, if at all, judging by the angle of the attack, the distance already lain between the two of you. It is in that heap that you lay still, your breathing uneven, chest cut and bleeding, your neck throbbing, muscles aching and tired, that you simply look up to her, eyes wet from the pain.

You do not possess any battle prowess; the experience to know an enemy by the way they move, where their weaknesses should lay, what their strengths are so that you may disarm them. You do not know, for the thousandth time in your life, staring in the direction of the girl, what to do next. Your heart is tired, your body more so, and in this moment getting up and trying again feels as if you might as well be climbing a mountain with a broken limb. It is with your admittance of defeat on the tip of your tongue that you realize you are scared. Scared because you had never been tested, scared because this mare is barbaric, because she is strong: because she is the opposite of everything you have proven to be.

As defiance rises within you, you rise to your feet, waiting barely a heartbeat to plunge your left shoulder towards the deep cobalt of her chest, your teeth reaching for the thin skin of her left leg before your head snaps back, aiming to slam the underside of her jaw with the top of your neck. Pivoting slightly, you try to align yourself parallel to her right side, roughly shoulder-to-shoulder, your left hind leg kicking out towards her right hind. Instead of moving away again you stay close, opting this time to try and avoid letting her add momentum to her attacks.

2/3 attacks
555 words
summary: one of ki'irha's hoofs cuts her chest, from the point of her right shoulder to the middle of her chest. she succeeds in pulling enna just enough so that she slips and loses her balance. as enna falls she attempts to jab ki'irha in the neck with one of her antlers before catching her breath and having a mental breakdown while laying on the floor like an idiot. as she gets up, she tries to ram her left (good) shoulder in to ki'irhas chest while bitting at her knee, if it hits ripping upwards and aiming to hit the bottom of ki'irha's throat/cheekbone area with the top of her neck. then turns to hopefully end up parallel to ki'irha's right side, kicking out towards her back leg. then just stands there like a derp. :D
@[Ki'irha]

Noella
(06-17-2015, 06:35 PM)Kiirha Wrote:

Ki’irha

The earthen mare tumbled, her body giving way to Ki'irha's weight. The spangled mare scrambled in an attempt to raise up and avoid thrashing antlers, but she simply was not quick enough. A shrill cry burst from the midnight's soft lips, feeling a tine rip into the pristine skin if her chest. She leapt away, but her harsh movement caused the antler tip to tear more away. Blood bloomed again, but this time it was more severe. Spinning to face the mare, she reared again, raking the air with her hooves, preparing to strike the mare with a flailing limb.

Like time slowed, her silver eyes locked onto eyes welling with tears. Her hardness broke, her warrior shell cracking to expose the gentle mare that mainly owned the starry body. She twisted, landing her previously dangerous hooves to the side of the broken mare. She did not want to inflict more pain onto her opponent. Ki'irha was a warrior, and this mare was not. It was not fair to treat the dun mare like an experienced warrior. "Enna,"she murmured, her voice gentle and soft. She stepped delicately forward, reaching down to comfort the doe.

But the break in her facade opened a glaring weakness. As her defenses dropped, her warrior passion melting from her like the heat from her body, the brown mare burst through the cracks in her sudden loss of focus. With a foreign sense of fire, the brown mare leapt from the ground, and Ki'irha's proximity betrayed her. She took most of the force directly into her nose and face, and her vision seared a sudden painful white, and she lost her senses. She fell away, feeling a rush of blood from her nose. She shook her head, desperately trying to regain her vision, and loosen the pain that gripped her face and burned her deep.

Her vision returned slowly, bringing the landscape to dark blurs and shadows. Like moss to a rock, she felt the warm form of her adversary cling close. She avoided the dangerous kick, and if she hadn't been suffering, she would have appreciated the technique. The blue mare snaked her head, her gnashing teeth hoping to sink in multiple times down Enna's sloping neck. She shoved and sidestepped, looking to push the mare to the ground again.

She lept away, breaking free from the brown form that clung to her. She bucked and kicked, hoping to hit any point that was too close to her deadly hooves. This had gone on long enough, and she was through. She did not want to maim her gentle sparring partner, and did not want that to become an inevitability.

OOC::  Last battle post, then one conclusion to follow.

Ki'irha takes damage to her chest from the antler, and then comes to close, catching the force of Enna's strength to her nose, leaving her with blurred senses and pain.

Ki'irha pushes and shoves to knock Enna down, then attempts to bite Enna's neck repeatedly. She then bucks and kicks with no real aim, hoping to kick Enna in the side or legs.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

If she had been gentle, it had been lost on you.

You are too consumed in the ferocity that has engulfed you, blinded you to her feelings, to the fact that she remained something besides an opponent, something you need to beat down; she is wrong, you are right. And for a few fleeting moments that is all you know.

As you feel pressure, teeth cutting in to the skin, once, twice, a grunt emits from your throat at the pain, snapping your mind back into its rightful place. Already the adrenaline that you had felt running rampant through your veins is ebbing away, your fury subsiding. You push your neck up once more, attempting to apply enough force simply to knock her away. Strands of hair fall to the ground, all of them bloodied and tangled from her assault. It is not this that you focus on, however, but the sudden absence at your side, the wind that suddenly rips at you where her warmth had been, the abrupt feeling of falling.

You scramble to place your feet underneath your mass again, stumbling less than gracefully, her hooves narrowly missing your ribcage. You realize with a sudden start that if she had not pushed you, you may have suffered broken bones. As you gather yourself, your hind limbs kick out at her as well, an exhausted attempt more focused on keeping her at bay rather than dealing any damage. Your fragile body cannot take anymore, and so, turning to face what you think to be the direction of the midnight mare, you frown, the foreign fierceness you had felt all but gone, giving way to a deep sense of regret. You are not here to cause pain, to inflict injury; you are here to bring comfort, to mend those wounds and soothe away aches. This has taken its toll on you, and you feel empty inside, like you have turned your back on everything that you believe in.

“I’ll be at the springs if you should find you need me, I will heal you.”
To right the wrong that I have done.

Suddenly, it takes everything in you not to cry, and you are too exhausted to do anything but walk away, leaving the shell of destruction that had cocooned you behind, your soul naked and completely, utterly vulnerable.

3/3 attacks
373 words
summary: rams neck upwards as ki'irha's series of bites land, knowing that if she pulls away it will cause more damage. kicks out at ki'irha as ki'irha backs off, aiming at nothing in particular. (i hope i played this right; it said ki'irha's attack missed on the die, so i had her take damage from the bites but miss the more serious injury of the kick.)
@[Ki'irha]

Noella

Ki’irha

The brown mare turned and spun, dancing on delicate hooves before lashing out, turning the dancing toes into weapons. It surprised the blue mare, this new sudden fire, and she could see it burning hot in the bicolored eyes that bore into her. She tried to avoid the striking hooves, but her hoof slipped on a patch of thin ice, and she simply wasn't quick enough. A solid kick slammed into her shoulder, causing her to stumble further. The crowned blue winced. Pain swelled into the muscle, twisting and writhing like a dying snake. She sprung away, spry despite her pain, getting well out of reach from the earthen fae, attempting to avoid further force and injury.

With that, it was over. As quickly as it had started, it was finished. Snow had begun to fall softly, soundless. The cobalt mare sneezed, crimson blood from her nose splattering and staining the pure snow that was already beginning to erase the signs of their spar. She stood upright, perfectly still, head high and proud. Her white mane fluttered in the breeze. Pain and soreness ebbed into the muscles if the mare. Her chest stung where the antler had sliced her clean, and the bite on her neck was more bothersome than anything. She favored her left leg, the leg that had caught the last effort of battle. Whoever won, whoever lost, it didn't matter. With silver eyes, the midnight warrior watched the doe make her exit.

An onlooker might say the Corporal appeared regal, confident, like a solid rock in an unsure world of war. Though young, she was strong, and with the right tools her rawness could be chiseled and molded. But right now, she simply felt bad. The feeling was a foreign one, as typically a spar was a spar, but she felt as though she had been too rough with something delicate, a creature made for so much more than the cruelties of war. The brown mare dropped an invitation to the springs, and Ki knew that she should follow, make her amends. She wanted to make sure her herdmate was alright.

With that, the young warrior girl left her post, and made her way after Enna, tracing a thin path over the white earth.

OOC:: Sorry it took so long!

Ki'irha takes the kick to the left shoulder, leaving her with extreme pain and a temporary limp. She then continues on to get out of reach for any further attacks. Upon the conclusion of their spar, it begins to snow. Ki'irha stands a bit off, watching Enna leave, and then goes to follow her.

Credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: KI’IRHA is the winner!

KI’IRHA
Realism [0]
You seem to have a good sense for what’s realistic, but I just don’t get enough of an explanation to visualize everything that’s happening. I need more description for how she moves around her opponent to make the attacks/dodges that she does, and how much the injury affects her and how that injury impedes her the rest of the fight. You really didn’t mention the surroundings much or even the differences between her and her opponent, as Ki had strength, agility, and height on Enna which would go into explaining how certain choices and outcomes occur. For the most part you took damage well except in your third post where you just took way, way too much damage for the roll of 2 that you received. Also attempting to grab antlers can go very badly for you, since it’s much more likely she would gore your face than you would have the accuracy and the mouth strength to grab and drag a horse down - but it would be more likely than just pushing a horse to the ground as you attempted in post three. Again though the best way to bring realism is to convince me it’s realistic through description. I like your mention of her using her tail for balance :)

Emotion [+1.5]
I was hoping for a little bit more emotion to draw me in and get me inside Ki’irha’s head, but I found it rather lacking or limited. Your second post did the best in this regard.

Prose [+2]
Overall your posts were a joy to read and had some really strong moments of imagery that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Readability [+2.5]
Posts were easy to understand, just had a few typos.

P1:
“...her ofg balance..” (off)
“...sharp cloves of…” (cloven hooves - cloves in this way is like a clove of garlic)
P2:
“...her opponents leg.” (opponent’s)
“Rust on cobalt.“ (fragment)
P3:
“...skin if her chest.” (of)

Finally tally: 40+(6*2) = 52 HP

ENNA
Realism [-1]
You’re on the right track with realism, but again explanation is everything. There were a couple times that due to limited description I wasn’t sure how Enna was facing her opponent when you were making certain attacks, which made those attacks seem improbable. Similarly if you’re dodging attacks or attacks miss, you need to explain how, not just ignore them or say you dodged them, I need the nitty gritty here! On a similar note, your sustained pretty good damage, but you didn’t explain your injuries thoroughly and they didn’t seem to affect you the rest of the fight. I really liked your attack with your neck though beneath Ki. Taking that much bloody damage from a hoof attack to your chest in your second post isn’t plausible though, even if it matched the damage roll of 6 - hooves are not like knives so really bruise more than slice. I would suggest just watching some horse videos to get a better grasp of their behaviors and fighting methods and to be detailed! Nice job slipping on the ice at once point :)

Emotion [+1]
I was hoping for some more emotion to draw me into this fight and help me understand Enna better. For instance, she doesn’t seem to be a warrior, so why is she doing this, how does she feel about all this? Your second post was the strongest for emotion.

Prose [+1]
Your posts flowed well and used some imagery and vocabulary, particularly in your second post.

Readability [+2.5]
Posts were easy to understand, just some typos.

P1:
“..the skin her hoof had come in contact with beginning to emit…” (run-on)
“...melded in to.” (into)
P2:
“...rend a part.” (apart)
P3:
“...cutting in to the…” (into)

Finally tally: 39+(3.5*2) = 46 HP