the Rift

[OPEN] Elephant's Nap

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

The elephant stood beneath the colorful shade of a lone oak in the meadow, feeling quite at home among the dying grasses and drying shrubs. This was close to his savannah, this was similar to his old home. Though he had no reason to miss it- he still reveled in the small familiarity.

He stood with a thick hind leg cocked, massive hips extremely slanted, resting his great weight on one hind hoof. His head was drooped, his eyes half closed as he enjoyed the cool breeze. If not for the beating noon sun, the giant might have found the breeze cold. But, as it were, the sun kissed his hide warm, while the breeze caressed it cool. It was truly pleasant.

A satisfied smile hovered on his face as he let his mind drift to the two he had met here- his herd brother Mauja and the ever gorgeous Rexanna. His mind stayed on Rexanna as the old soldier drooped his azure eyes even more closed.

Then, before he got bothered, he let his mind go blank as he enjoyed the weather. He could feel the brewing of a storm in the nip of the breeze- surely a fierce, but short, storm loomed in the near future- but he couldn’t leave his sun-basking just yet.

And what is a storm to an elephant? He enjoyed the floods of his great plains. Though the coolness to the air led him to believe he would not enjoy icy rain. A ripple runs over his uniquely marked coat at the though of pellets of frigid water hitting his now sun-warmed skin. He was a stallion of the savannah, of the heat, of the warmth.

His massive horn lowered further, head sinking closer to the grass. Silvered frame shifts his immense weight to his other leg, and he resettles himself comfortably. Large, white and black marked ears swivel lazily- he was used to being large and not concerned about predators. A content sigh escapes him, he smiles, and closes his eyes entirely.

ooc| @[Rhea] or @[Brisa] Whoever you want to throw in :D And sorry there’s not a ton to reply to, I’m not sure where this is gonna go, hehe xD
& anyone else, of course!

Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Since moving to the Falls things had been feeling like more of a burden than it should be. Her normal activities and exploring had been put on hold thanks to the unfamiliarity of her new home. She missed the Edge dearly with the thick forest, the ocean and everything else that made it unique. So far all she had seen of the Falls was the towering rocks and more rocks and cliffs, nothing too spectacular if you asked her. Maybe with time she could come around to liking the place but for now it was still strange and relatively unknown.

Inhaling deeply the ivory mare cantered across the fields with ease enjoying the warm sun against her back. This was the most relaxation she had felt in months and boy was it long overdue. Shaking out her long mane and forelock she eventually slowed to catch her breath. Her stamina was no where near what it should be with all the changes stressing her out but if she could continue to slip away and run like she used to it would take no time at all to rebuild it. Huffing softly she turned her head to look around at where she had gotten to. The golden grasses all around her was enough to soothe her mind drawing a smile to her delicate features. This had to be the meadow she concluded silently recognizing the familiar scenery from her frequent visits to this place both alone and with her son. It was much farther than she remembered but she had to remind herself that she did not live in the Edge any longer.

Finding a small creek the girl lowered her muzzle to draw in the cool liquid to satisfy her thirst. Lifting her head once more she stood quietly gazing around with one foot cocked so she could rest before having to make the journey home. Blue orbs caught nothing out of the ordinary at first but on the second round a patch of black drew her eye. Was it just a patch of dirt? No it was too long and misshapen for that.. Surely it couldn't be someone standing there could it? The longer she watched the shape the more curiosity edged her forward to get a better look. Walking a few short steps closer she began to make out the figure of a rather odd looking stallion almost hidden within the golden grasses. Unease kept her from approaching further so instead she chose to send out a gentle greeting to see what might be his response. If it were a negative one she figured she was far enough away to be able to make a break for it and get a head start but hopefully that would not be needed. Nickering gently in greeting she perked her ears forward in the hopes of catching any response the stallion may give.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Tembovu] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Tembovu

White ears flick lazily as the scent of cool trees and water drift into them. It was a faint scent, and inconsistent, as it was brought by the blustery breeze. He breathed slowly, deeply- a (large) part of him unwilling to open his eyes and inspect the source of the scent. His nap was so nice. So pleasant.

But he sighed and slowly opened his his deep blue eyes laced with turquoise. And found a pretty white mare cautiously approaching him. He was used to this- his size often kept others at a distance initially.

Swiveling large ears snap forward to hear her soft greeting. Raising his head from its sleeping droop, he returns the nicker. It’s nearly comical how much deeper and more rumbling his own is than the dainty noise of the mare. The comparison makes the corners of his mouth turn up in a still sleepy smile.

“I mean you no harm,” he assuaged the caution etched in the mare’s movements, “as long as you do not require me to move,” now a larger smile crossed his muzzle as he easily joked. But indeed he did not wish to move from his comfortable position.

He raises his head further, so that it’s great mass is balanced above his tall withers, and shifts his weight to his other hind leg again, resting the other cocked. “I am Tembovu, newly of the World’s Edge. Who might you be?” His low voice rumbled warmly to her, still scratchy with sleep. His eyes and face, too, still bore the glazed look of a freshly woken man.

This mare smelled similarly to Rexanna- so perhaps she was of the Hidden Falls? He was unsure, since he was so new to these lands. But as a soldier, he was trained to find trends. And as a politician, he had learned to connect dots. Gently shaking his head to clear the cobwebs of sleep from his mind, he awaited the mare to approach and answer him.

ooc| @[Brisa] So I swear I posted this yesterday… But I guess I didn’t? I must be losing my mind XD

Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

As each second passed by without a sound the pale girls anticipation grew. While most of those she had happened upon had been nice and at least friendly there was always that reservation gnawing at her. Past life experiences had tarnished her view on strangers and unfortunately she remembered way too much of her life before Helovia. It had only lasted for the first three years of her life, so it was a significant part of her history she just couldn't forget. Hiding for much of her early years she had somehow gotten to this point in her life where she did not have to hide in fear. Yes, everything still freaked her out for the most part but she could at least deal with it now. She had her ups and downs but she had overcome a great deal since arriving here in Helovia, that had to account for something now didn't it?

The deepness of the stallion's response caught her ear as she pulled her thoughts back to the stranger before her. Perking her ears forward to catch his vocals she stayed rooted to the spot for a short moment before taking a breath and slowly advancing forward. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of the man's humour but at least he was trying to bring forth a lightness to the mood which helped to soothe her slightly. Drawing herself up a short distance she managed a kind smile in acknowledgement. "My name is Brisa." She answered lightly pulling her head up to try and seem taller than she was. While her body was short compact and designed for grace, elegance and beauty the lack of height left her feeling like a midget in comparison to some of the beasts that towered over her.

"I come from the Edg... I mean.. I am from the Hidden Falls." They had only been gone from the Edge for a month or so now but it still felt weird having her home elsewhere. For so long her boundaries had been within the misted forest but even now she felt more at home there than within the Falls. "I used to live in The Edge until a short while ago. Sometimes I still mistakenly call it my home." She commented with an embarrassed laugh towards her mistake.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Tembovu] •• NOTES: Gah sorry about delay life ate me ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Tembovu

Sleep left his mind as he saw the wariness with which the slender white mare approached him. Dark blue irises caught the deep breath and slow advance, causing displeasure to stir in his belly. While there was a time and place for caution, and often other’s first reacted to his size with apprehension, once he spoke they generally relinquished their initial fear.

But this mare still kept herself a distance away as she smiled. Her smile was delicate, small, but brought a pleasantness to her face, almost a sad kindness. He felt the snake of displeasure stir more in his barrel, writhing in irritation at whatever would cause such things in the elegant mare. Pushing these out-of-place feelings aside, he found the corners of his thick black lips turning upward as she pulled her head up to appear larger. He was finding that many mares here tried to appear taller in his presence. Mares in his old home did not, they accepted his great size instead of attempting to measure up against it.

“Hello Brisa, the pleasure is mine,” his mouth curved into a lopsided smile. At her misspeak, he chuckled,‘Used to’ live in the Edge? Is there something I should know about living there? A reason you left?” His voice was humorous, joining her embarrassed laughter, but still the questions still wanted answers.

He shifted, putting his heavy weight evenly on all four, black ivory hooves. Similarly colored horn lowered more, so that his head was no longer towering above the white, graceful Brisa. Thick, loosely spiraled horn weighing heavy on his thick neck muscles as he held his head low, attempting to make the mare more at ease.

ooc| Ugh I’m so sorry for the wait & how boring this post is x.x @[Brisa]
Image // Coding

Please tag Tembovu.