the Rift

Gods Help Me

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah

anzanie</style>
the sun always shines in our minds.</style>

She wandered endlessly through the strange lands. There was nowhere to go. Nothing she understand. Nothing she know. And nothing familiar to her by sight or sound. The alien landscape that filled her glassy orbs was overwhelmingly terrifying to such a naiive little dove. Her ivory pelt brushed against the foliage and the leaves from the trees that felt as if they were following her. This new land, it was green. Green and brown. The heavens were opening out into the pale early morning light but the light there was gave little heat. Anzanie was used to heat, and here it felt like there was none. The shade from the trees boxed out any hope of regaining the warmth she was comfortable with.

It had been two months since her narrow escape with death. The demon god of Irrespitine had bitten her hard with his jealousy and it was only at the daggers of the kind gods of her old land that she survived her long voyage to this new world. What is this place? Right now there were simply too many questions for the scared dame to answer. Her youth was outshadowed by the fact that she knew nothing about the dangers and misery that the world could and bloody well would throw at her. In her own land, life was fair. Yet here...

Her tapered, painted pillars continued forward at a cautious pace as her beautiful figure twitched at every sound that was being made. Her fright was far from subtle as her cranium shook left and right to the cracks of twigs and the sound of birds rushing from the trees. Her ivory and mahogany pelt was no camoflage in this environment. It was just all too green.

Anzanie finally stretched out from the dense woodland into an open clearing where the grass considerably grew softer and more abundant. But even now she could tell that she had arrived at a bad time of year as the crackling of the leaves tingled her creamy daggers and brushed against the long wavy locks that dragged from the base of her tail. The jewellery, embedded deep in her skin caused her no pain but its jingling noises now and again even startled her own precious little mind.

Gods, help me. Where am I?

The light of our beauty shines within."

image by breezy baldwin @ flickr.com</style>
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.
Winter was approaching, yet it did not scare Ráeru. She had never done much exploring until today, the confidence finally reached her to go out and explore Helovia. Her mother Kou would want her to be brave and her other mother Rue would be at home waiting for her with open arms ready to accept her back. It was nice knowing you had someone's support no matter what.

Moving through The Threshold Ráeru darted between the trees, laughing her delight and excitement at finally being out of The Basin and free to do whatever she wanted. Coming to a stop in take in deep breaths and slow her heart, Ráeru looked up when she caught the scent of another. Bright blue eyes turned towards where the smell had come from and a most unusual noise floated over the girl. It was a strange jingling...not a natural sound that was for sure. Carefully the girl began to pick her way through the growth, searching for what ever made that noise. Finally she came to a clearing where a strange mare stood, it quickly became apparent that it was this mare making the noise. Ráeru had never been the friendly type, preferring to be quiet and unnoticed. Still she did not that sometimes people entered Helovia through this land, perhaps this mare was one of those strangers. Clearing her throat and allowing a small smile to paint her lips, Ráeru spoke first. "Hello." Her voice was still high pitched, evidence of her youth. Glass hooves made their way delicately through the grass before Ráeru came to a stop and eyed the mare.

"Are you new?" Curious and having little respect for privacy (as youngsters normally behaved), the yearling continued to stare at the stranger. Maybe the mare wouldn't answer until she knew something about Ráeru in return. Wasn't that how conversations worked? You told them one thing and they responded in kind. Besides, the mare should at least speak with Rae, she had been here longer after all. "I was born here." After a another moment Ráeru turned and studied her surroundings, perhaps the mare would want to explore with her! Still Rue probably wouldn't like it if she spent too much time with a stranger...but what could it hurt? Maybe she should bring the mare home to Rue, introduce them and they could be friends! Ráeru had never been partially interested in making friends her own age, and although it was sometimes lonely, so far she hadn't really needed a friend.

@[Anzanie]Would you like to be tagged? :)

Outcast
Danjah

anzanie</style>
the sun always shines in our minds.</style>

In the silence of the new land, the splashed could only hear the beating of her heart that felt like it was going to burst out of her pale chest. The unknowing territory may or may not be merciful to the naive little being, and her youth gave her no experience of anything miserable.

Yet as she listened further and further, trying to escape the pulsing of her heart coursing through her bodice, she soon heard the flight of another. At that moment Anzanie's heart stopped and flurried out of her along with the only scrap of courage. This new world was entirely different to her, and she was terrified of finding out what differences that may be. But as she stood froze to the terraria with no will to move, she saw the dainty frame of another horned stepping closer into the clearing. Anzanie's fright seeped into cautiousness as the little princess approached. Her pelt was milky with pigments of pale hues, and a lion's tail flailing out. She was a pretty little thing, yet not so little in height. Yet regardless of this, she certainly bore the stature of a very young horned. Where is your mother? the painted thought with a slight unease.

Hello.

But as she spoke, Anzanie felt a tingle of relief. Her high pitched, youthful voice sang out of friendly velveteens and this gave the young dame some comfort. Perhaps this place was not so scary as she may have interpreted. Yet as she thought this, the exotic could not hide the anxiety that gripped her. She was now too tired to hide it, and her body language spoke out to the young stranger.

The stranger spoke again as her orbs seemed fixed on Anzanie. Her bodice quivered under the stare, the curiosity penetrating her pelt, making the scared dame feel even more ill at ease. But her polite conversation was helping Anzanie feel better about speaking with a total stranger.
"I am new to this world, my name is... is Azanie and I-" her soft voice shook with fright and sang the tune of an exhausted animal. Yet she looked at the stranger, native to this land and was comforted. She seemed kind, helpful even. And to this Anzanie was able to continue, "Where am I?

The milky dame turned to look at what would be familiar terraria to her, and Anzanie silently wished that she could be shown a place to settle into with the sense of security she desperately wished for.

"The light of our beauty shines within."

image by breezy baldwin @ flickr.com</style>

@[Ráeru] that would be lovely, thank you! And so sorry for not getting to this sooner <33

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Its oddly still, and the duo is quickly becoming more and more restless. The lack of social interaction was tearing roughly at her psyche (which wasn't in a good place to start with). It was odd being alone again, it almost seemed as if she should be the one in the threshold. Underneath the trees, it didn't matter who liked who, everyone wore the same goddamn mask of happiness. Even if Elsa hated it, at times it was nice to pretend that everyone loved her. A simple "Hey, you're cool" would pretty much make her entire month. Otherwise, banking on winter to make her happy would probably not be the best of choices.

So the pair went. It was a longer walk this time, no shortcut. The simple southern path was no longer worn with her hooves, and instead, she was cutting a new one from the Edge. There was still a part of her trapped in the Falls, and they could feel the magnetic pull the closer they got. It just felt wrong entering from the west side. The trees looked different, the ground felt foreign, and the smells were no longer comforting. Yet, she needed to do it. One step at a time, she would have to shed everything else away. Maybe that would start here, or maybe it would only open the wound, but something needed to be done.

Edgar finally stirred, catching the drift of voices in the wind. He pulled himself upright, sitting tall upon her poll. Thankfully, it was much easier for him to catch the simple harmonic changes, and so she followed his lead. Eventually, Elsa could make out a pair conversing through the tree line. Approaching, she could only make out the name of Anzanie and her all too familiar question. A small smile cracked across her lips- the first one in quite a while. Snorting softly, she dipped her head towards the two mares. One being much, much younger than the other. A child. A child without her mother? In a way, Elsa hoped that was true. Maybe she wasn't the worst mother in the whole entire universe. If that was the case, this trip was already doubling its worth. "Hello, I'm Elsa. I couldn't help but overhear your question, you are in Helovia." See, that was nice, simple and sweet. For as much as she wanted to add her cynicism to the end, Elsa was surprised that those were the words that came out. Hey, this was turning out to be quite the little adventure. Let's just hope it continues on this upward swing. Edgar, finally feeling this, settled his smug little self atop her head. He was waiting for the perfect moment to embarrass her, as always. And you know what? Elsa was actually happy to let that happen.

words 470 | tags @[Anzanie]| ooc hope you guys don't mind me tossing her in. :3

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||The heat of my past drags me to the ground.||
The painted's attention quickly drew to another. It was another dame, a similar pelt to the young princess that stood before her. But before her first acquaintance could reply, Anzanie felt compelled towards the new stranger. Her anxiety about this place was beginning to take shape once again as she glanced at the figure stepping through the forest towards her. The dame felt an intense sense of awe at the appearance of the cremello pelt lashed with ice on every corner. Her daggers stuck out like sore thumbs with an impressive blue hue; they almost seemed to disappear into transparent icicles...? Anzanie could feel the awe written over her cranium that was plain to see.

It was her orbs. No amount of distractions could drag from the focal point of the amazing azure orbs. To Anzanie, they gave her the impression that this dame was the queen of the cold. Not that Anzanie even knew what that was. Back in Irespitine there had been talk of things such as "ice", "icicles" and the cold, but apart from the occasional stories brought from travellers she could only assume that this newcomer was an embodiment of these.

The stranger had another creature tagging along with her, something she had never come across before. Her brain felt like it was going to pour out of her beautiful skull at the new experiences. First she had found this place, come across new horses, found one that she believed was only a fantasy and now an entirely new creature to her. She guessed by the way that it was tagging onto the whitewashed queen it was some sort of companion or... prisoner? No. No one would have prisoners here! Anzanie's optimism struck forth and dismissed any negative thoughts. She seemed too... kind... to have a prisoner.

And then she spoke. Anzanie had now become unaware as to whether the young stranger was paying attention to all of this, perhaps she knew the ivory dame that stepped forth on lean pillars. Inside she felt slightly foolish that she was scared of the appearance of a creature, that literally was child's thoguhts.

Hello, I'm Elsa. I couldn't help but overhear your question, you are in Helovia.

Helovia. What was Helovia? With a gulp of exasperation at yet another discovery, the pretty thing dipped her head in courtesy to the newcomer, feeling the jewellery of her people tingling as they hit one another and stroked her pelt. She could see the newcomer eyeing the young princess and Anzanie wondered what she was thinking. But she decided to reply and find the answers she needed.

"It's nice to meet you, Elsa. I am Anzanie," she hesitated, letting her soft voice turn questioning, "What is Helovia? I'm looking for a place I can belong and I don't know anything of this place. You both seem to know what's where." She let her orbs shine with friendliness, her tone remained friendly and she felt slightly more relaxed at the stranger introducing herself. Finally she felt like she was beginning to know places, and people. Elsa seemed friendly enough to Anzanie.
Image Credit

(@[Elsa], no problem! The more the merrier haha :D)

E L S A

There was always that moment of processing. Anytime anyone learned new information, there was always a brief moment when it churned in the wheels and was then stored. Thus, Elsa was not surprised when more than a breath of silence passed between them. Likewise when the all too familiar question was asked. What is Helovia? Helovia was a bat shit crazy place in reality, but that was no way to sell real estate now was it?

She smiled softly, jumping in to speak maybe a little too promptly. Elsa liked talking though, and before the words even came from her mouth, Edgar let out a low, hiccuping laugh-like sound. She glowered, but continued to speak even over his entrance. "Helovia is this land. From what I know, its kind of an island, this being the bridge between Helovia, and whatever else is out there," she started, nodding towards the east. Everyone came from there, wherever there was. "Within it resides four herds, the one which I am apart of is the World's Edge-" The words caught her off guard, and she faltered for a moment. She never thought she would admit to living in the land of her combatant, but here she was, announcing it to the world. So without more than a moments paused she continued. "The Edge is situated on a cliffside, beautiful and overlooking a vast ocean. Quite the place to live. You know, if you are looking to stay in Helovia, I can offer you a place there. Of course, if you wish to see it first, we can do that also." A bright, winning smile settled back on her face. All the previous contortion of shock erased like a fleeting thought. Elsa stepped back then, allowing room for the other to speak, should she feel the need. Plus, it would be good information to see how others were faring. Particularly so if she happened to be from the Hidden Falls.

words 325 | tags @[Anzanie]| ooc ---

Table by Vossity
Credits

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||||
Anzanie's heart beat fast as the newcomer spoke of Helovia, selling her the opportunity to belong in this frightening new world as part of a herd that would give her the protection and friendship she desired. It was never going to be Irrespitine, nothing was. For one, the freezing terraria of Helovia was nothing compared to the heat of her former homeland, and this was something she desperately sought. Yet it seemed she had come at a time when her fantasies of "cold" were a reality and this was something that the splashed could not run from.

Instead, she tilted her beautiful cranium towards Elsa, listening in to the words that she spoke of this new land. Talk of the regions of this world and how she herself was part of one of these regions, the Edge, intrigued her as much as it scared her. Her bodice quivered at the thought of such change, but at the end of the day she was as opitimistic as the next creature. Her horn flashed its silver against the faint drabs of rays from the sun and she thought for a moment... what do I do?

The Edge is situated on a cliffside, beautiful and overlooking a vast ocean. Quite the plce to live... if you are lookin to stay in Helovia, I can offer you a place there.

Talk of cliffs and oceans, that was more like it! Not so different from the familiar terraria of her people, the exotic queen was sure to be taken in by talk of such features of a herd's homeland. And to think that Elsa was offering her a place in its ranks gave her a smile that spread across her soft velveteens and shone towards the ivory winged dame.

"Elsa, if you see me fit enough to belong in the Edge, I will gladly come with you," her tone tinted with the high pitched fright of a yearling and excitement. And to think she had only stepped through the trees into this land what seemed like a moment ago, it was almost heavenly. The smile omitting from the ivory dame gave Anzanie comfort.
Image Credit

@[Elsa]

E L S A

When Anzanie spoke, it was the best response she could have hoped for. Her smile broadened into a full blown cheesy grin. Giddiness filled her nerves, and now she remembered why she loved coming here so much. Sure, the thrill of the recruiting game was fun, but it was nothing compared to the satisfaction of seeing a recruit succeed. Turning, she nodded her head sharply to the west. It would be somewhat of a hike, but at least it was a beautiful one. "We are headed in that direction, I hope the Edge will live to your standards," She said conversationally. Behind her voice though, there was a distinct tension of excitement that leaked into every word. She fluttered her wings nervously against her side, and even Edgar turned on Elsa's head to offer a beak-y smile to the follower. "We will be glad to have you, that's for sure." She added, deciding that maybe she should give her a quick run down. "Once we get there, we can discuss potential jobs you wish to do. Or, if you want to get aquatinted with things first, we can talk about that also." Her words may have been a little quick, but it should be coherent enough.

That was when Elsa picked up the pace, trotting quickly towards the Edge. Edgar watched from behind, making sure they did not lose Anzanie. It would be quite unfortunate to lose a newcomer in the middle of Helovia. "If you want me to stop, just yell!" She said, turning her head slightly to direct it behind her. "Don't worry though, Edgar will make sure you stay behind us," and with that, their adventure had just begun.

words -- | tags @[Anzanie]| ooc eeep. sorry its meh, it'll be much better in the welcoming thread. Just get her rank changed to outcast and ill set up a welcoming thread in the Edge. :)

Table by Vossity
Credits