the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Two More Minutes

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Ettore was not okay with how long they had been lingering by the Throat. Yes, she had Cera and Sohalia. But, Alleo was waiting for her at the Falls. And, the unease in his system was definitely beginning to radiate toward Rasta. "Suus 'bysso, Ettore. Caput purgare opus. Ut instar sicco qua ire hinc oportet. Omnia pulmentum." There were a few chirps from him that forced her to move forward until she had returned to where she had first met Alleo.

Her limbs were slow, awkwardly moving. Her mind racing, not able to concentrate - to form all the images for easy movement. In fact, they were even getting stuck in the sand on occasion - dragging through it and creating lines as she went. Finally, though, as she reached the water, she allowed her frame to sink down against the waves. Half of her body was in waves, the other half resting upon the sand. Ettore was dancing just before her, trying to keep her attention.

A night's rest would do her good, right? Yeah, that was what she was going to stick with. Though, of course, Ettore thought the complete opposite. And he really wanted Rasta to head back toward Alleo and to realign with whatever was going on. It could all be fixed, if they could just speak with each other. If they could be near each other again. It was almost as if they had relied so heavily on each other for so long that now that they didn't necessarily need the other person by them... well they couldn't figure out just how to function...

"It's fine, Ettore. I needed to clear my head. I need to figure out where to go from here. It's all a mess." --- translation from the latin above to Ettore
@[Alleo]

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Rasta had spent far too long lingering everywhere else but in the Falls. She was constantly on the move and he was only aware of her coming and going because of Ettore. The bird was consistent, finding him when she left and finding him when she came back. This time around, however, he felt that she was lingering far too long in the Throat... or at least he assumed she had gone to the Throat. His guess was based off of a game of charades with Ettore. He felt like he was always waiting on her. Always waiting for her to come back from some adventure, to come back to him, to smile at him and tell him about what she had done while she was away. Lately, though, he could feel the distance between them and it made him uncomfortable. I made him worried.

Made him wonder if she would come back this time...

His constant wondering made him leave the Falls to go in search of her. He couldn't just stand there and wait for her again. No. No, he had decided that he would look for her and that he would find her this time. He wouldn't let her just slip away. He couldn't.

She wasn't at in the Throat. At least, not from what he could see standing across from the island. He was confident that Ettore would have sensed him and come flying to find him if she were. So he turned away and continued his search elsewhere. Somehow he ended up on the beach... the very same beach that he had first met her. It didn't take him long to find her, all he had to do was follow the hoof tracks in the wet sand. When he did find her, though, he frowned.

"Rasta?" He moved toward her, his head dropping down so he could touch his muzzle to her cheek when he was finally beside her. "Its cold... you'll make yourself sick."

"."

@[Rasta]

Credits

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

She could hear the movement of sand. The grainy way it clung to each other against the very small breeze. That, and Ettore was beginning to get the antsy, happy feeling he always got when Alleo was around. It was as if his job of protecting the mare was over and he would be allowed to play again. Not that she let her little hawk protect her from anything - she refused to let her companion suffer injuries again.

The winter was harsh, but the cool liquid was definitely serving to wake her up. And, as her name curved across the breeze and into her ears she carefully lifted her cranium to turn it in his direction. He says it's cold. He says she'll make herself sick - but she almost cannot find it in herself to care. You see, she's struggling to find a direction for anything and the cold water is the only thing left she hasn't tried.

"It's keeping me awake, it's serving it's purpose," she whispers while his maw is pressed against her cheek. It is Ettore who moves from the ground and onto Alleo's back - wings splayed around the stag's withers in a form of a hug. A few chirps of unease escape the bird's beak as he hopes that maybe Alleo could snap her out of this constant state of confusion. Her blind eyes shut - they serve no purpose anyway - and she allows her head to rest upon her propped up limb once more. "I needed to see Cera and Sohalia." It was information, voice carrying the exhaustion and lack of sleep. "I needed to work through the mess of the invasion. The only thing I got out of it was…" She breaks, body trembling but not from the cold. "… was that you deserve to be happy and that I won't be the reason you're in pain."

Slowly, she pulls herself to her feet. She's gotten nourishment. She looks healthy on the outside, but mentally she's shattered. "Tecum volo. Sed ego contristo vos sentio amo. Uoluistis domui tuae pax et ideo custodivi te ne eos." she whispers, mind too exhausted to even realize she'd slipped into her latin tongue. She wanted sleep - sleep without nightmare's of ruining everything she was given. No one could fix her… except maybe Alleo (if he could put up with her long enough to serve as her remedy). "Miserere mei," and she slips back into her english tongue, "I've only caused you pain…"

"I want to be with you. Yet, I feel like I only cause you pain. You wanted your family, and I kept you from them."
and
"Have mercy on me"
are the two latin phrases in there :D

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Annoyance colored Alleo's face as Rasta said that the ocean was keeping her awake, that it was serving its purpose. "Is its purpose also to make you sick?" He asked, not bothering to hide his exasperation. Not even Ettore on his back hugging him lessens his annoyance. "What then?" He couldn't keep babysitting her, waiting for her to return when she wandered off, wondering what shape she'd be in when she finally made it back, and then nursing her back to health.

"I needed to see Cera and Sohalia. I needed to work through the mess of the invasion. The only thing I got out of it was…was that you deserve to be happy and that I won't be the reason you're in pain."

"I can't keep having this same discussion..." He sighed and shook his head. "The invasion is over... dwelling on it... its not good." He just wanted to move past it, move on, not think about it but there were constant reminders everywhere and the fact that it was still affecting Rasta was the biggest. He just didn't have the energy to spend arguing points of the invasion or why he did what he did. "You don't cause me pain." He murmured seconds later. "Worry, yes. Stress, yes. But never pain..." He just wished that she could understand, let it go and move on.

He stepped back to give Rasta room as she finally rose to stand and he listened as she spoke in a language he didn't understand. She concludes in the common tongue they shared that she's only caused him pain and he sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you that you haven't?" He asked, his voice growing more serious.

"."

@[Rasta]

Credits