the Rift

a little bit lost

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

Eden

Minuscule snowflakes trickled down from the sky all around Eden. They swirled around her horn and ears, giving her a snowy halo. She mused at the thought of being angelic. She was no angel. Eden wasn't sure what she was, but an angel wasn't it. Eden didn't know what she was, only what she was not. She thought it would be nice to know, though. Would that give her life more of a meaning? If she had a purpose, if she knew what she was?
'Oh gods, I'm a horse. I must be losing my mind out here,' Eden thought with a snort. If she had any purpose then it was to protect her family. She had failed miserably at that. How long had they been separated? Had it already been two years? Eden could barely believe it. She missed them terribly. Her twin, August, was her only friend in the world. Even though Eden had been apart from her brother for nearly two years she had found no friend to even compare him to.
This was partially due to the fact that Eden found the idea of meeting new horses absolutely terrifying. She shivered at the thought and frowned at the memory of her twin. Perhaps she'd find her family here, in this snowy thicket? Eden doubted it, but she was not sure how much longer she could last alone in this cold.
Eden pressed on, choosing not to waste anymore of her energy on silly musings and hopeless pondering. She tried to make as little noise as possible as she slipped through the snowy trees. It wasn't long until she heard the snap of a branch behind her. Eden could feel her heart skip a beat. She jumped and as she did so, her long, ivory and gold horn got stuck in the tree above her.
The mare tugged and pulled at her horn, silently panicking. She was shaking half the tree! If that noise she heard wasn't a friendly chipmunk then she was in trouble. The racket she was causing was enough to wake any bear from it's hibernation. Even worse, Eden could attract the attention of a horse!

"blah blah blah."

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
With how often the golden vixen wandered the Threshold, she might as well have named it her home. She found herself here quite often, probably due to the fact it’s the only way she really knew how to get to and fro while exploring into territory she recognized. Rexanna stuck out like a sore thumb, especially now during the freezing Frostfall weather. Snow surrounded her in every nook and cranny. Her golden features with her golden horn and chain looked almost like a highlighter on paper compared to the stark white contrast of freshly fallen snow. At least one thing was for sure, she almost always resulted in finding somebody new to meet in the Threshold. Her luck had been granted to her every time she wandered. However, luck in recruitment was something she had been suffering at. Either way, new ties and new faces were something good for her to get a grasp on. Especially being so new to Helovia herself. She faintly began to remember the spotted stag that had greeted her on her second venture to the Threshold when she came across the behemoth stag Tembovu whom she found herself missing quite fondly. Then the few other ventures out here almost seemed to be a blur.

Today was different, however. Wandering yet again, she found fresh footsteps in front of her as she followed the trail. Curious enough, she could tell it was a creature of equine origins. She wasn’t sure how fresh the trails were, though. It couldn’t seem to hurt to investigate though, could it? Her teal eyes traced the hoofsteps before her when she accidently stepped on a small twig. Cracking loudly, the mare shuddered in the echo of the silent trees. Well, so much for being quiet. A few moments after, she heard a violent shaking of what sounded to be a tree. Frantic almost, Rexanna grew a bit worried. Perhaps somebody or something was in trouble? Picking up her speed, she seemed to ignore the trails left behind and cantered in the direction of the sounds. It wasn’t far from her, thankfully. Although, upon approaching she noticed a pale mare with her horn stuck in a tree. Oh boy, that wasn’t good. She seemed quite worried as well. Rexanna approached slowly from the direction the mare had come from before making her presence known. ”Oh my goodness! Are you alright, Miss?” Her voice was soft and full of worry. Teal eyes dancing across the creature in front of her, hoping to show kindness in the ways of being able to help the mare. ”Is there anything I can do to help?” If there’s one thing she knew, getting your horn stuck in objects were the absolute worst.

Eden, Welcome to Helovia! :D If there's any questions you might have I can do my best to answer. We also do a lot of communication on Skype if that's something that you're interested in joining!

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

prissy

Eden

Frantic was the only word that could accurately describe Eden. She had never gotten her horn stuck in a tree before. In her mad panic she didn't think to accurately assess the situation. All she had ever done was run, but now she couldn't. This was an entirely knew feeling to her. She had known hopeless, but never helpless. It wasn't a feeling she wanted to be well acquainted with.
Moments after Eden began her thrashing the sound of cantering hooves came up behind her. 'No, no, no! Not a horse, anything but a horse!' She thought, panicking and yanking at her horn even more. Some of her forelock had caught onto the low hanging branch by this time. She was only making the situation worse.
It was too late. ”Oh my goodness! Are you alright, Miss?” came a gentle, sympathetic sounding voice. Eden froze, not wanting to even look at the mare who had approached her. Her voice sounded non-threatening. She sounded like she cared.
Eden flicked her golden irises over to the newcomer, surprised to see such a brightly colored coat against the ivory of the snow. ”Is there anything I can do to help?” the unfamiliar mare asked. It was after this question that Eden pieced together enough courage to respond to her.
"Um.." Eden glanced upwards at the branch, seeing that one had simply become wound around her horn. With her forelock stuck in the branch, she couldn't do much about moving it, but maybe this mare could. She had offered her help, after all. "If you could move that branch there you'd be a real lifesaver," Eden stated with a small smile. She was still jittery about the new mare, but she had no choice but to trust her. If she didn't, she might never get out of this place.

"blah blah blah."

@[Rexanna] Thank you!! I might, I don't have a skype so I'd have to make one ^^;

It only took a few moments before Rexanna gained her breath back from the brief stunt of exercise she had just done. Her body ached lightly due to the chill in the air and how long it had been before she had even ran like that without preparing herself beforehand. With her breath back to normal, she heard the mare’s soft yet unsure voice reach her ears. ”Sure!” Was the only thing the golden creature said before stepping closer to her, approaching the branch that had the mare caught in its grasp. Rexanna was shorter than the new mare, so it took a bit of thinking before she was able to actually find a way to reach the branch that had caught the poor creature. Lifting up on her hind legs, she steadied herself against the trunk of the tree, arching her neck up to tug on the branch that was wound around the horn of the other mare; careful to not get her own horn mixed up in the mess. After a few moments of untangling, Rexanna felt the branch give way slightly, enough for the mare’s horn to slip out of its entanglement. Rex began to shake the branch lightly, a few little twigs grasped between her teeth, to try and free the mare’s forelock as well. Hoping in success, she landed back softly to the ground with all four hooves stuck in the icy snow once again.

She took a few steps back to give the creature space before she offered her a calm smile. ”Where I’m from, horns are considered a blessing. Although often times I find them to be quite the opposite.” She offered a gentle laugh before shifting her weight, ears twitching in the silence to focus on the mare with curiosity. ”I am Rexanna. I come from the Aurora Basin just north of here.” Her voice was elegantly held and had a hint of cheer in it, hopeful that the mare would not run from her but instead pass on her name. Her teal eyes dancing across the pale mare with a curious yet gentle eye as to not frighten the mare after the already frightening incident.

@[Eden] You’re welcome! Not a problem, if you end up making one and want to join in just send a message to someone or ask in the C-Box and we’ll get it sorted out right away! c:

prissy

Eden

Relief spread through Eden as the mare chimed a simple 'sure'. The golden mare had to balance herself on the tree itself just to free her from the branch's grasp. It was at this time that Eden began to feel guilty for the mare. This was Eden's fault, and she had just made this stranger go through quite a bit of work to help her escape from the entanglement of the tree. She began to feel her horn slip from the grasp of the branch. Moments later the unfamiliar mare had loosened up her forelock as well and Eden was freed.
The pale mare dipped her down as soon as she was free. She backed away from both the other mare and the tree. She did a quick scan of the rest of her body to make sure she wasn't injured from her momentary lapse in judgment. She seemed fine, her mane and forelock were a bit more tangled than she would've liked them to be, though.
Eden turned her attention back to the golden mare who had helped free her from the entanglement of the branch. "Thank you so much for that. I'm sorry you had to go through all that trouble just to get my horn out of a tree," Eden flicked her ears back and gave an apologetic smile to the mare. The stranger's calm smile made her own apologetic one stay and evolve into a pleasant grin. Eden relaxed some, standing up straight and flicking her ears forward.
The mare spoke again, this time speaking of horns as a blessing. Eden's eyes widened at the prospect. A place where her horn was a blessing? Her parents had always treated them as simple weapons. Since both her and her brother had pale colored ones they were regarded as hindrances. They were more easily spotted than their parents' dark horns.
The mare introduced herself as Rexanna from the Aurora Basin. The names rolled off her tongue so eloquently. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Rexanna," Eden spoke in a much calmer tone now. The worst was over. The idea of meeting new horses had always frightened her, but actually making new acquaintances didn't seem so bad. "My name's Eden, I am an outcast," She stated. Saying it like that made her feel slightly disheartened. This mare was part of a community, one where she was accepted without question. Eden didn't have that. She had never had that. Being part of a herd was always out of the question in her family. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as her family made it out to be.

"blah blah blah."

Watching as the mare freed herself, Rexanna felt a bit of happiness well through her barrel. She felt content at the aspect that she had done her good karma of the day. Her eyes scanned over the mare gently as she checked herself out for wounds. Then her voice hit the golden mare’s ears with a chilly breeze, causing a like shake to go through her body. ”No need to apologize. Us unicorns need to look out for one another. Besides, I need all the exercise I can get.” Rexanna emitted a soft laugh that seemed to mimic a chime. As the mare began to speak again, Rexanna dipped her head in a bow to say hello. ”It’s a pleasure Eden. Welcome to Helovia. This is the Threshold, it’s the first taste of this land. I do hope it’s been pleasant. Winter can be harsh.” As for winters in the Helovia, this was the first one that Rex had the pleasure of experiencing. She remembered the saying from Thranduil at the meeting of how winters can be harsh, and she truly trusted the golden stags words when it came to experiences in Helovia.

Either way, the mare pondered the idea of Eden speaking of being an outcast. Her eyes glancing from the trees that surrounded them and the stillness in the air to land on the pale mare once more. ”If you’re in the market for a home much like our kind, I can say that the Basin would suit that.” Her voice was soft and gentle, doing her best to keep a calm and serene atmosphere for the event that occurred not too long ago. If there was something this mare looked like she needed, it was rest. Rexanna had some hope billowing in the back of her mind that maybe this pale vixen would want to come home with her and become one with her herd. ”It is quite chilly, as it resides North of here. However, I can say that it is the most breathtaking of scenery I have yet to set eyes on. We even have large sentinels that protect us all from trespassers, so if you get worried like I do about unwanted visitors, you can rest assured that the Basin will have you protected.” Rexanna spoke with a calm understanding of her home. She had visited it and wandered it enough times to know that if there was one place she felt most comforted, it was definitely in the land of the Basin.

@[Eden]

prissy

Eden

Us unicorns. The phrase gave Eden a notion of belonging. She listened intently to every word Rexanna had to say. She was relieved to find that the mare wasn't upset about their recent endeavor. She let the mare speak in singsong voice instead of immediately responding to everything she had to say. After her recent escapade Eden felt it best to be a bit more...observant.
Eden bowed her head back, smiling upon the remark about the harsh winter. She quite enjoyed the winter at times. The crisp, cold air gave her a surprising amount of energy. The snow could be bothersome sometimes, but for the most part she enjoyed it.
Eden flicked her eyes to the ground as Rexanna spoke about the Basin being a place where she could be amongst her own kind. More unicorns? She had only ever been around unicorns, but for her they meant home. They meant family. Her eyes wandered back up to the golden mare before her as she spoke of her chilly home. A safe, chilly wonderland it seemed.
The pale mare stayed silent for a moment, pondering her next words. Her eyes trailed back to hooves as she thought carefully. Her family would never join a herd, but her family wasn't around anymore. Eden was not a risk taker. But she was curious. It was an internal struggle that she had never faced before. A combination of loneliness, intrigue, and the mare's soft words led her to feel as if the risk would be staying out here alone.
"Do you think - " Eden paused and took a deep breath, her golden orbs flicking back up to Rexanna, "do you think it would be okay if I lived there? If I joined the herd and all?" Her words were uncertain, but her body confident. She was curious and she wanted companionship.

"blah blah blah."

@[Rexanna]

As Rexanna’s wall of words had passed, silence took over the Threshold for mere moments. Her eyes watched the mare curiously but trailed off to other objects so she wouldn’t be staring. The golden chain wriggling around with each movement, light from overhead glinting with the somber light from overhead. When she heard Eden speak was when her eyes found their way back to the pale mare before her. Taking a mental note that perhaps part of the reason the mare wasn’t threatened by her was due to her size and her help in seeming to rescue the mare. Rex offered her a nod, catching her golden eyes with hers. Her own teal eyes held a smile to them, enchanting and kind that resembled the smile that was placed gently upon her maw. As she asked about if she would be welcome, Rex honestly didn’t have a doubt that she would be. She was horned, and if there was something the Basin definitely allowed, that was unicorns.

Rexanna gently took a step forward and angled herself a bit more north as if to continue the path. ”Of course. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be. We could travel up there and you can get a feel for the area, even meet our Lords of the Basin and you can decide then if it’s where you wish to reside.” Her smile continued to be gentle. ”There is much to learn about Helovia, but I’ve found it to be much easier when you have family with you.” She offered a nod. Family was something she hadn’t had in quite some time. But it felt to her as though the Basin could be considered her family, all of the creatures that inhabited it. She knew that if it was family and a thriving lifestyle that this pale mare craved, her home would be the one to offer it. Although she couldn’t help but to feel a bit of pride growing in her stomach at the fact that she was able to recruit someone. That someone actually wanted to return with her. Her happiness grew in a bit more of a comforting way.

@[Eden] If you would like, I can start a welcoming thread for you in the Basin! :)

prissy

Eden

Eden could barely hold still after the words left her mouth. She tried not to shake with nervousness. She had to be strong. She was far too old to act so childish. The pale mare did her best to mask her anxiety, relaxing her muscles and softening her features. She tried to look more curious than anxious, but she wasn't so sure if that was going to work for her.
The golden mare nodded and smiled. Eden relaxed completely. Now she wasn't trying to look curious, she was. She was excited as well. She was going to have a home. She was going to have a family again. Hopefully she'd make a few friends. No one could replace her brother, but she hoped to find someone who could at least rival the friendship they once shared.
Rexanna spoke of meeting the leaders of the basin, which excited Eden immensely. Then she spoke of learning about Helovia with family. This thought made Eden feel at home. What a wonderful land to be entangled with. 'Finally, a family,' She thought to herself, nodding to Rexanna.
"In that case, I'm more than happy to be here," Eden grinned. She felt excited, and frightened; and curious, and nervous and it was just the most marvelous wave of emotions she had ever known. Eden had been searching for her family for years, but it turned out she was searching in all the wrong places. If she was meant to find her parents, then she would have already. The Aurora Basin was the family she had been searching for this whole time.

"blah blah blah."

@[Rexanna] That would be great, thank you! :)