the Rift

[PRIVATE] Running out of Grass

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
The Above was frigid and cold, a white graveyard. The shadowy Caleb's thick winter coat did little to keep him warm when the cold wind bit at his every inch. Henrietta had whined at his side, clearly unhappy. Now that pair, bitch and master, were tucked away in a room full of edible moss that glowed soft hues, illuminating the curves of his bulging muscles. His muzzle scoured the cave for the best tasting moss, but it all tasted like crap compared to grass and apples. Henrietta, however, was content. She lay curled up in a ball at the center of this room. Henri, as I liked to call her, had become overly attached to the transient stallion. The pair had grown close enough that he could almost feel her emotions. Their relationship was fucking weird, and he wasn't sure if others had this same connection with random animals, too. The temperature in the cave was still slightly on the cooler side, though the heat that radiated off of Cakeb's large mass was enough to warm everything up marginally. Even Henri didn't seem cold.

The man stood at the part of this room that was further from the entrance, nibbling on strongly colored moss and not second guessing it. It was either eat this or die from lack of finding food Above, so he took his chances here. Luckily, there weren't any weird side effects as of now. After some time of foraging, he felt his eyelids grow heavy and he grudgingly made his way towards Henri, plopping down adjacent to her with a loud thud. Henry's eyes flicker open for a second before shutting once more. Soundlessly, she shuffles closer to her master, his warmth comforting her more than he would ever know. This was companionship he sought. A bitch and a master, a dominant and a submissive, someone who stays with him even when he tries to leave. This was the only companion he sought, he figured he had enough friends for now, although who did he really know other than Rexanna? He had seen none of the others he'd met in a long time. Slowly and surely, he drifted off to sleep.

WC: 375
@[Rexanna] don't worry, he's a light sleeper !! c;

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Part of Rexanna just wanted to keep her mind attentive to the idea that adventure kept her young at heart. She had met with so many wonderful creatures lately. She even met up with Tembovu and had quite the wonderful night with him. She met with Rohan who had been quite the flirt, and it seemed to bounce Rexanna’s confidence in random directions. Perhaps she was good at this, or perhaps she was just an eye catcher. She wasn’t sure what it was that brought her out adventuring this time. Perhaps in search of another acquaintance or a creature to flirt with yet again. That’s almost always how it seemed to go lately. However, Rex wasn’t complaining. The attention was well received and she learned from it that she could get almost anything she wanted from it.

How she ended up here at the Heart Caves, she wasn’t entirely sure. Just another random adventure resulting in a new location. This area was interesting with its curious colored moss that lined the walls of the caves. As she stepped in closer into the cave, she noticed something else was in here. The heat of the caves seeming to reverberate back to her in a kind of pulsating manner. How strange. She stepped in a bit closer, hoping to let her eyes adjust to the darkness to figure out what this creature was. The beasts scent was unfamiliar to her, however upon growing closer with her nose to the floor was when she recognized who it was. Caleb. Oh great. Upon this realization, Rexanna did her best to try and quietly walk out without disturbing him, however hooves against stone was anything but silent.

@[Caleb] buahahah poor Rex XD

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

It was not Caleb who woke first, but Henrietta. The sound of approaching hooves made her crawl out from under her bonded's ebony wings where she saw a golden mare approach. With hackles raised, the pup that was barely a season old let out a high-pitched growl. Still, the mare entered The Glowing Room. Henri would have none of this! The pup wanted to let her master sleep, for he had done little of it in recent days. She let out a bark, and moved closer to the mare. Believing she had scared her off, a satisfied smirk plastered itself on her maw as the golden mare began quietly retreating. Still the dog thought of herself as a guardian for the stallion and moved to follow her, to see her out.

As the scene unfolded, no one noticed Caleb's steel eyes flicker open. He watched with bated breath as he wondered what possessed his bitch (Henrietta this time, but Rexanna) to move away from him. His brow furrowed as they both began to move out. Caleb would not have this childish behavior surrounding him. Rexanna's escape would have worked out, but Henrietta's absence from Caleb's side and the growl then bark had awakened the shadow man and with a deep voice he commanded one word. It was not just to his dog that tried to follow this mare out, but also the mare that clearly desired to avoid him. "Stay."

With a powerful heave, the shadow was on four limbs, approaching his dog and mare by the entrance. Sending the weimerainer a stern look, her hackles fell and she calmly returned to where she had previously been sleeping and crumpled to the ground, cranium resting on her paws as she watched Caleb interact. The bulky titan's eyes fixed on her aureate ones as his voice once more rumbled from velvet lips. "Rexanna," he started. His voice still with an air of authority. "Are you afraid of me...?" he inquired. It wouldn't be the first time. This was the reason he had always been a transient stallion, choosing to be nomadic over settling. Everywhere he went, someone hates him for being himself, so he wore a cold facade and locked his heart away. His personality was too different for these horses, aggressive and dominant. A mostly sex-driven stallion that moved with an air of confidence. Many mares came to him, tried to love him, but leave. It was the circle-- and it could never be broken.

@[Rexanna]

Doing her best to keep quiet, Rex was disrupted by the furry creature that started screeching at her. A thought passed through her mind to hurry out of there before Caleb grew upset that she woke him. Lifting a hoof to take a step was when she heard his voice. Stay. Instantly, the mare froze. Sighing to herself, she turned after ending up outside of the caves to face him and that terribly loud beast. Ears were flat against her skull in frustration, but seemed to lift as her eyes met Caleb’s and her name seemed to purr off of his lips. The sound of his voice speaking her name in such a way caused part of her body to shake. Not in a frightened way, but more of a pleased way. What was her body doing to her? Was it because she knew how these encounters ended? What even made her think that this was going to end that way?

The authority in his voice made her shiver once more. Was she afraid of him? Maybe a little – no. She wasn’t going to admit that. Her ears flattened to her skull once more and she looked away. ”I’m not frightened of you. I just didn’t want to wake you up.” She grumbled. ”If there’s anything to be afraid of it’s that damned black thing you have with you that won’t stop shrieking.” She muttered under her breath but just barely loud enough for him to hear. Her teal eyes looking back up to him, her eyes softening slightly, but her mind still held that extreme frustration of waking him up and that dog that wouldn’t stop shouting at her.

@[Caleb]

Rexanna listens to his one-worded command. As he approached her and questions her, ivory ears fall flat multiple times, drawing a smirk on his maw. She swivels to face him, his head about a foot away from hers. The man makes no movements closer. For once, he isn't really sure he wants to move closer. Clearly, she did not like him. That had never deterred him before, but something about forcing her left a bitter taste in his mouth, so pressing further he did not. Instead, he stood stoically, a serene calmness washing over his ebony hide. Her body reacts just the way he had expected. Every animals felt lust, it was a base component of life, and Caleb felt no need to hide the emotion like it was some poisonous thing. Her answer comes moments later, quick to defend why she acted in such a way. "That thing is a baby dog. I wasn't aware you were uncomfortable around pups." His voice was steady, deep. Suddenly, his tail snapped around behind him and his head arched, muscles bulging. His lips twitched anxiously as his smirk fell from his lips and a neutral expression replaced it. "That is Henrietta, her bark is worse than her bite," for now at least. He imagines how she'll be at an older age. Stream-lines with sharp teeth and claws, a speed unmatched, and a loyalty unbeatable. The large-pawed babe move to Caleb's side, settling on her haunches by her master's leg. She and Caleb both watch Rexanna with interest and curiosity. Perhaps now, Rexanna will see their similarities. Both Henri and Caleb are ebony with cold eyes that hide much emotion. Both are protective and violent, yet capable of the greatest loyalty under the right circumstances. If the bitch were a horse, no doubt they would be twins.

"You're different," the shadow man stated softly, unsure if whatever change occurred was good or bad. He felt as if he were meeting a new horse altogether. The only thing that had not changed was her appearance, except even that changed in some ways. Her fur had thickened for Frostfall, but other than that she looked fine. Silently, he wondered if she lived in a herdland. If she did, she would never know the true challenge of Frostfall. Food was scarce and everywhere he went was only cold. Solace from this bitter cold was only here, in these caves and even here, the cold still managed to bite at him some. With anxiousness, he waited for spring.

@[Rexanna]

Grumbling slightly under her breath, she almost grew self-conscience with the way that he eyed her. She couldn’t help but to turn her head away from him; golden chain wiggling with movement. Hearing his words, she glanced back down at the dog. A creature she had never seen before. ”I’ve never seen a dog before…” She admitted almost sheepishly, letting her forelock fall over her face to try and mask some of her secrets. She offered a small nod to Caleb as he spoke about her bark being worse than her bite. She silently hoped it to be true. Her eyes trickled from Henrietta up to her master Caleb. Her teal eyes locking with his own pale orbs. That was when she heard it. You’re different. Great. So how much did he know?

Did he know of her endeavors with Tembovu on the beach? Did he know of her flirtatiousness with Rohan in the Rotunda? Did he know of her intentions when it came to Karalius? Part of her secretly hoped not. However, part of her did hope so. She wanted to feel that jealousy. She wanted to feel like she really mattered to him for matters other than services. The problem was, would she matter to him? What if she felt the need to want his jealousy and rage directed at her but received none of it? She was in quite the standstill with her emotions. There was that lusty part of her that wondered which direction his rage would swing as well. It couldn’t hurt to find out, could it?

Lowering her head, the mare nodded shyly. ”Yes, I am different.” She spoke softly before lifting her head in a bit more of a prideful manner. Stark, elegant posture as she met his eyes once more. ”I’ve met a great deal of people lately.” She finally said with a content gleam in her eye. She’d let him take it how he wanted. She wasn’t going to say if it were mares or stallions. What he wanted to believe would be entirely his own unless he were to ask for it. And part of her shyly wished him to be intrigued.

@[Caleb]

Maybe their conversation was destined to spiral downwards, maybe it was destined to end in sex. Maybe this is when he'll decide he has had enough. Prey that doesn't run is no fun when the predator is about the chase. Nor is it fun when the predator has the prey in it's talons and it still won't submit. For once, Caleb was unsure if this was some sort of chase, a rue to get him fired up, or his mare simply saying, "I'm done with you, I've found better." It took great self-control to not just push past her and leave. He wasn't sure he was in the right mood for this simple conversation. His questions were asked with a cool edge, and the answers she gave were answered similarly. This was pleasantries and he didn't care for those. His focus left Rexanna's briefly as he took a fleeting gaze at the hound by his side. Has she really never seen a dog? When he had entered Helovia, all he could smell was dog, horse, and dirt. Surely there were other dogs around, maybe she'd just never encountered one. Maybe she's lying... He thought quietly. No, she wouldn't lie, he defended. Then again, I don't even know her, he concluded, all while finding it ridiculous he was having a conversation with his inner voice. Somehow, he let himself believe everything she was saying was truth, and perhaps it would come back to bite him. After all, believing everything a stranger says is not always a good idea.

She tells him that she's met a great deal of people and he grunts in awcknowledgement of her statement, his though immediately thinking that she is referring to stallions. A throb of jealousy hits the stallion as he continues to wonder who has been touching what is his. His eyes blaze with intensity as he continues to watch her. "Is that so?" His voice clearly states, I dare you to continue. He moves closer to her, muzzle hover mere centimeters away from hers, their misty breaths mingling. Her scent is strong and brings back memories of their first meeting, his body almost quivering with desire all while his gaze never breaks from hers. Even with his neck arched, he is still taller than her, and it somehow feels right. In fact, he very much enjoys short mares. Something about them. His tail begins thrashing behind him again as he continues. "Tell me, did these other horses do this?" He inquires as he presses his velvet muzzle outwards the few centimeters, hoping to close the small gap between them. His nostrils quiver with delight at the thought of touching her once more, even if it's in this seemingly insignificant way.

@[Rexanna]
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

Her eyes stayed on him as he approached her. Her posture shrinking ever so slightly with every few movements closer. Until finally their breaths intermingled. She could tell that he fell right into her little grasp. That it fell into a spot that she wanted it to. It was almost as if she pushed it to go that way with a bit of help of knowing his jealousy. It was all in good fun though, so she hoped. She hoped that nothing too drastic would come from it, but instead a bit more of an enjoyable time. She really hoped she pulled at his heart strings at least a tiny bit. Though his approach to her and that slight sense of hunger in his eyes. A part of her longed for that hunger to be for her. She watched his large winged body as it arched and moved with such attention that she couldn’t help but to let her eyes soften as she watched him. His voice ever so blunt yet, charming. In a sickened kind of way.

His eyes met with hers in a constant motion. Her blue eyes softening even more as she felt the closeness between them. Her body tensing up ever so slightly in more of a pleasing factor. Then, his words hit her ear drums again. Tell me, did these other horses for this? She felt the breath from the words hit her skull. She felt his velvet lips press into her. His nostrils quivering ever so slightly causing a violent tremor to rumble through her body. She felt pleased and excited, closing her eyes. Pressing into him more for more subconscience reasons. She seemed to forget his question momentarily. She wondered if she could press him more. Curiously, she let her body press into his ever so slight. ”Some have tried.” Her words short however she wouldn’t let him know that she had accepted their offers. She wasn’t lying either in the manner that yes, many had indeed tried.

@[Caleb]

Their muzzles connect, but no, there are not sparks. Sparks would mean love, and the shadow man doesn't do that. Still, there is attraction. His touch is not gentle or soft or sweet, it's rough and powerful, assertive. No doubt the stallions here are kind and careful. Everyone here a typical 'sweet and looking for love'. From the start it was clear, Caleb is not here to look for love, he just merely is here. With no real reasoning as to his stop at Helovia, it is understood that he doesn't want to stay. Maybe he'll leave in a week, maybe in a year, maybe two. Nothing ties him to these lands which means he can vanish as quickly as a candle being burnt out. That's how he likes to live, transient and nomadic, a wanderer. During his time here, he would most likely establish no real relationships. Even this fling with Rexanna was not a real relationship. Caleb knows nothing about her other than her name and the possibility that she's whored around even when he told her not to.

He is ripped from his thoughts when she presses harder into him. Her eyes are hidden from her view as she snaps her lashes eyelids shut. The titan wondered if she felt vulnerable like this, in a cave with a stallion almost three hands taller than her with shut eyes. Though his own eyelids felt heavy and desperate to close and allow some romantic moment to pass through them as they stand like a mated pair, he keeps them open, still watching, though perhaps not as intensely now. Her words filter into his ears and sours his mood slightly. In reality, the constant clipped answers are what he believes is her hiding the real answer he seeks and he wonders if he should ask bluntly, maybe then she would answer. But no, he continues on with this game of avoiding answers. Soundlessly, his muzzle leaves hers as he aims to touch her ivory shoulder with his whiskered snout, stepping forward to reach it easier. Her neck now parallel to his, her muzzle by his shoulder, inches away from his ebony wing. "Do you remember in the meadows the time we met?" He says, clearly meaning the time they had been together intimately. Abruptly, he places his horned cranium on her golden withers, resting there for a moment. "I told you I'd leave in a season or two." He pauses for a moment, allowing her to remember the conversation that had taken place. "That was Orangemoon, but you see... It's Frostfall now." He withdraws his head from her back, not moving away from her, but also not touching her. They just stood, close but maybe not close enough. Maybe it was him saying it's been a season, I told you I don't stick around past that, or maybe it's fuck that shit, let's stay together. Caleb's words reveal nothing as to what his feelings are on the subject, nor does his facial expression. In the end, Caleb just truly wants to see what she thinks of the matter.

@[Rexanna] I'm assuming they're standing like this now? i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/6857349/3/stock-photo-6857349-two-horses-grooming.jpg

Rexanna didn’t know what she was gaining from this experience. As of the moment it didn’t seem to her that he wanted anything from her. Which was strange considering their previous agreement. The entire time she had been mentally preparing herself for it, only for nothing to happen? What was this feeling of longing she suddenly gained while being so close to him? As he pulled away she almost felt… sadness. She felt as though if he wasn’t around, she wouldn’t have someone to always come back to. Her eyes stayed shut as she pondered her options. There was Tembovu who made her feel as if nothing in the world could ever go wrong. Then there was Caleb who she was starting to feel like almost mimicked her strange ways about life. Tembovu had no idea what kind of person Rexanna was; but Caleb did. And he accepted it. Or so she thought. Would he really accept it with the fact that she slept around and had fun with almost anybody? Or was it the fact that he was just so powerful? He resembled Tembovu in that way. That overpowering large mass way. The way where standing next to them she looked like an ant in the presence of a giant. Perhaps not that drastic, but it was an appealing factor to her.

And those wings. As she opened her eyes, she noticed the weight of his head on her withers. The joint to his barrel from his wing mere inches from her lips. Curiously, she reached out gently in an attempt to playfully lip the joint full of feathers. Then his words hit her ears. The meadows, yes, how could she forget? Resting her head softly on the bone of his shoulder, she nodded lightly to acknowledge the fact she had been listening. He then continued. It was true, he had said that he was planning on leaving in a season or two. It most definitely was a new season, but he was still here. She felt him lift his head and the touch from him fell. Her body yearning almost for his authoritive tone of voice. Pulling her head back slightly, she reached up to try and nibble at his mane as it fell from his neck. ”But you’re still here.” Her voice was soft and calm. Ears flickering to the sounds around them and back to them within this cave. ”What if.. What if I don’t want you to leave?” She pulled away then, taking a step back to lock her blue eyes with his pale ones. Curiosity dancing within them.

@[Caleb] Sounds good to me! :3

He didn't expect any of this to happen. Moments ago, she was trying to leave. Caleb's only understanding of the situation is that without a mask, she is scared of him and avoids him, but with his facade on, she doesn't want him to leave. He wasn't even sure he wanted to stay. The dark stag felt her nibbling on his wing, then in his crest. This strange and intimate closeness was both uncomfortable and comfortable at the same time, and a strange mixture of feelings were at play right now. But you're still here. It was true, he was. That simple statement brought forth even more feelings, but he couldn't claim that any of them were love, because they weren't. He felt lust, sadness, confusion, anger, contentment, and so many other things. Caleb, for once, was at a loss for words. What if I don't want you to leave? She steps backwards, the space between them increasing until they are eye-to-eye once more. He can usher no words from his lips as his brows furrow. Caleb, though impressive, could not do everything and being a mated stallion in a monogamous relationship that should be built in love was something he couldn't do.

His eyes shifted downwards for a split second before they return back to hers, expression guarded. "I can't be..." The struggle for words continued as he pushed onwards. "I don't do love, can't." Revealing nothing about his inner-workings he decided to continue. "I won't be able to be anything more than... this." He nodded his head at her, trying to explain that whatever was happening now was as far as it would get. He wasn't here for anything past a friendship and maybe casual intimacy. Suddenly, the stallion felt very young, the world had not yet taken it's toll. Maybe with time he'd to love. For now, love was still not a thing for the dark Casanova.

"I won't leave you though. I'll still be here." Did she know the weight those words held? He would be here. All his life, Caleb had never stayed in one place long, yet here with Rexanna he has said he will not leave. Somewhere in the far back of his mind, he knew Rexanna was never his to begin with. She was the world's, she would find someone stronger, braver, smarter than him. She was destined for something greater than Caleb and Henrietta.

@[Rexanna] the inner turmoil ;n;

What was it she was doing? At first she didn’t want to be around him. Now, seeing that gentler side to him her heart almost seemed to yearn for him, to feel for him. Yes he didn’t stay very long, but what would happen if that changed? Would he become this not so fearable stallion that she could run to when things went wrong? Or would be even be okay with the fact that she’s been running around with other men? She hadn’t a clue what to expect anymore. Just when she thought she had the situation handled and she knew exactly which direction she wanted to try and push him into, but they weren’t successful. The result was something she hadn’t expected at all.

The mare felt the chill of winter pass into the cave upon the two of them. She could smell their scents mixing together into something almost whole. That was when she heard his voice. All of this felt like it was a breakup. God how she hated those. Ears flicking to him with each audible sound emitted from the monstrous stag. ’I don’t do love, can’t. I won’t be able to do anything more than… this.’ Her mind thought about the idea for a bit, teal eyes sticking to the creature before her that almost seemed emotional. It was strange to her, from what she remembered in their past meeting he was just full of rage and temper. Perhaps he had changed too. With that, she stepped forward a little, reaching her velvet maw up to press his shoulder gently. ”It doesn’t have to be love.” Her voice was gentle and chimed with an underlying tone of happiness and hope. As he said he wouldn’t leave her, that he’d still be there for her; she was unsure of what that really meant. ”I don’t want you to do something you don’t want to do.” She almost whispered. The two of them stark opposites in color, size, and what seemed to be personalities at this point in time as well.

@[Caleb] SO MUCH TURMOIL ;-;

It doesn't have to be love. Her whiskered lips press against his ebony shoulder in a sort of soothing gesture. But it does everything to Caleb, but sooth. His skin is alight with fire from her touch, her velvet muzzle nuzzling his smooth shoulder, whiskers teasing his sensitive skin, causing his hide to twitch in response. Though his face remained passive and calm, familiar cold steel eyes suddenly morph into something intense and scorching. There was heat between them, but it was also so much more- it was conflagration. The air thickened between them, or so he thought, and the tension was driving him mad. To be able to lose himself in her once more would be a divine pleasure, though he is not sure advancing on her sexually would be productive for this new relationship, this friendship- or was it more? It wasn't an intimate, sappy relationship. What Caleb and Rexanna are doing is raw and unfiltered. Together, they bare some of their true selves to each other and are accepted. The truth is, though what they have going on is flawless on many levels, the foundation is made of lies, lust, and one deal that had been forced upon the golden mare.

"Then what does it have to be?" The lust that had slowly been building in him could be heard in his words. His voice, deep and enigmatic, never really sounded like anything but cool marble, smooth and infallible, but now it was scratchy and thick with what was most likely desire. Caleb was sure he knew his boundaries as to what he could offer her, but he was still curious to know what she expected of him- what she expected out of whatever type of relationship that they had formed together.

At her next words, a smirk played itself out on his lips. I don’t want you to do something you don’t want to do. "Darling," he called, holding out the "r" slightly longer than normal, adding a sort of fancy lilt to his pet name. "If I didn't want to stay, I would have left," and I didn't, he added secretly in his mind. He felt unsure now, still confident, but it was confusing approaching something like this. Most horses accepted the fact that he would leave, that he wouldn't stay beyond the next change of seasons, but not Rexanna. What if I don't want you to leave? It was the 'what if' that confused him. What if Caleb hated her? What if he loved her? 'What if' is the beginning to something hypothetical, and now he wonders if she is just pushing him to see how far he'll go. Today, there would be no anger in Caleb, though tomorrow is a new day and perhaps he'll be more frustrated, easily provoked. Or yet, maybe the wall he has put up for himself to hide his true self today won't be there tomorrow. Will all these 'what if's and mind games (or whatever the fuck is happenening) add up to something that damages whatever Caleb and his mare have begun to build?

That was quite the important question. What did it have to be? Well. The only way Rex could see it working while still being able to be around him and try to tell herself it wasn’t such a terrible thing to want to be with two stags. Was it? She wanted to be the pride and joy of Caleb but also the pride and joy of Tembovu. And the thought of telling each of them about the other made her stomach sour. She pulled away from Caleb and turned her head away as if in thought over what it could be called when in reality, her mind was stuck on who to tell first. How to tell it, was another good option. She turned her crowned head back to him as he spoke once more. His words ringing ever so true. He would have left if he wanted to, but he hadn’t. So perhaps speaking out about Tembovu would be a terrible idea. How could she mention the fact that she had been sleeping around without him coming to that conclusion but still wanting to be with her?

Inner turmoil continued to sour in her stomach. Her teal eyes scanning his face for details before she inhaled to speak. ”I suppose it would be considered a friend with benefits?” Her tone ended in more of a question, scanning his face to see what he thought of the idea. ”It would work sort of like an open relationship… with no strings attached…” The golden mare concluded. It sounded like a good enough option for her. It also sounded like a good enough way to hide that she had already been doing that with a few others including Caleb without him realizing it and without her blatantly looking at him and saying she’s slept around. Oh how could this unfold?

@[Caleb] I. CANT. HANDLE. THIS.

Henrietta, who had been calmly watching everything unfold, knew exactly what was hidden in Caleb's mind, how he felt about all of this. Distressed by her master's sudden change in mood from docile and sleeping to heated with lust and hunger, she let out a soft whimper, a sort of needy sound. One of Caleb's ears twisted backwards as he registered her noise, but he ignored her after that, focusing on the aurelian mare in front of him. Though the dog was slightly perturbed by the fact that he was mostly unresponsive when all he had been was responsive since the day she came to be, she stood to make her way out of the room and to explore the rooms in the other parts of this cave. Caleb, who usually held her on a tight leash, allowed her leave, deciding that she should do some exploring so her mind would be occupied and she wouldn't have to sit here with only his dark emotions playing in her mind through their bond. As she left, steel gaze found her small frame exiting, watching her intently for a moment. Before turning into another room and vanishing for now, she looks back at her master and they share a moment, a conversation taking place between their quiet eye contact before she enters the room with scribbles everywhere, the Wall of History.

With his loyal bitch out of the room, Caleb's iron gaze shifts quickly from Henrietta's retreating form back to the teal eyes that dauntingly stare back. He wonders quietly if him watching his companion pad away while such a heated conversation took place would at all out him in hot water with her. Still, his focus has undoubtedly been on Rexanna, from the moment the loud clacks of her hooves drew him from slumber. She speaks about what she wants, expects, and to the brooding stallion it sounds as if their deal is being prolonged, but this time with no set end date. His groin reacts to the thought of having her as his once more. The thought of her fucking other stallions was bitter in his mind, but if he was going to have other mares, she could have other stallions. They were each other's side-hoes, and the thought wasn't all that displeasing to the hormonal stallion.

An arrogant smirk is plastered on his lips as he confidently questions her. "When do the benefits begin?" His eyes gleam with mischief as his nostrils continue to fill with her addictive scent. As his lips still, ushering no more words forth, he takes the opportunity to advance forwards, in attempt to both show her what he wants in this moment and to agree to what she's said in actions rather than words. In the moment, he isn't sure if he wants her because she is a good fuck or that he finally has someone that understands a sliver more of him than anyone else has in a long time. Still, the only current thing on his mind is his increased blood flow to a certain part of his body and the fact that this pretty mare has just called them friends with benefits. Caleb intends to start the benefits now rather than later, and with that he tries moving closer, pushing his muzzle against her withers and trying to travel down her gold spine towards her hind end. He feels primal and dominant as he gropes his way downwards, wondering if she'll shrug him off any second now or let him take her as his for the first time since their original meeting.

@[Rexanna] o-o
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

She watched silently, mulling over her ideas that perhaps this was a terrible idea and she should’ve broken it off while she still could. However, the need to be wanted kept her from saying no. Regret was such a terrible thing when it came to these kinds of issues. It kept her from saying no to being only for one stag, however it also kept her from telling the two she cared about most that she was going behind their backs with each other. She couldn’t help it. Perhaps she was just destined to be promiscuous. However, she couldn’t ignore the polar opposites in these two stags she loved. Tembovu with his calm and cool composure, boisterous laugh, and charming looks. Caleb with his anger and angst, piercing eyes, and rugged outlandish looks. These two were similar in size, yet nothing else. What was it that drew her to them?

Perhaps it was history with Tembovu. The fact they came from similar histories and the fact that she actually spoke about parts of her past with him. The fact that he had an idea of where she came from, the exiled queen. Caleb knew nothing. Hell, perhaps that was the way she wanted it to stay. Not knowing anything of each other might’ve been best. She focused on him as she sensed his movement. A smirk pasted onto his maw, turning her almost frustrated smile into more of a lustrous one. Realizing he had spoken, she took a few seconds to contemplate his offer before stepping even a bit more closer to him. Reaching out her nose ever so gently, wishing to playfully tickle along his shoulder to under his wing as if she were to walk beside him. Feeling his muzzle graze her withers and down to her rump, she smiled to herself, dancing her tail in an aim to let her tassels sting his face gently. ”I think now would be a good start, Alexander. Her voice grew breathless at the end.

@[Caleb] BUAHAHAH

His, for a lack of a better word, grey eyes, watched her every movement noting everything from steps closer to him or further away to the most insignificant twitch in her skin. He wondered when this would be over, when she'd go back to being the Sun, with beings orbiting around her; some close enough to be burnt, others so far away that all they felt was a lifeless coldness from the darkness around them, a coldness that forced them to want to be closer to the mare that radiated warmth, energy, light. The lucky ones were the perfect distance distance away, close enough to feel her warmness, not being burnt, not being frozen. Caleb had no doubt all the horses that met her felt attracted to her, as he had. She was the closest and brightest star, and there was no doubt many horses (most likely stallions) wanted to grow close to her, to take her warmth. In her little System, where did the dark titan stand? He was Pluto: a strange, cold planet that no one thought even truly cared about being around, but who oddly enough, was spinning around her in circles, in the opposite direction as everyone else, hoping over some miracle she'd choose him as her stallion over the next easiest fuck. And how would the Sun notice Pluto if everyone else just said to that little planet that it would never be big enough or close enough to form part of her System? There is no true relationship between Pluto and the Sun, merely a gravitational pull called attraction that holds them together. This was an open relationship with no expectations, requirements. Rexanna, the sun, wanted to fuck with all the other planets before she even shed a thought of Caleb, cold, lifeless, Pluto. Though his body temperature soared and her touch ignited her skin, he was frigid on the inside, a thing even Rexanna couldn't fix. A little warmth would never cure the freeze that had settled on his heart. Caleb is, and always will be, similar to the coldest winter day. Pretty, but frozen. In the end, he could feel possessive and jealous, but those two things alone will never spark love in the beast, only raw and uncut attraction, desire, and lust.

With no hesitation, enigmatic Caleb mounted her, throwing his weight on her barbarically. Roughly and wildly, he claimed her as his once again, yet the passion had left. It was only primal desire that fueled this, a subconscious need to fuck, impregnate, and pass on his genes. It was this subconscious part of him that had latched onto the idea of Rexanna growing wide and heavy as his child grew inside of her belly. He was sure that nothing had been created with their first fuck, but perhaps now. Maybe she had slipped into heat undetected. The thought was unlikely, as her scent would've been addicting, would've sent him into a frenzy, yet it hadn't and this is how he knew she was not in heat, that he would have to wait further to begin raising children.

After finishing the job, he slid backwards, once again on four hooves, sweat beading his coat. He moved to her side, his flank to hers, ebony wing to her ivory side. His breaths came in ragged, like he had just had a good run. Still, he knew he could easily take her a second time, repeating the process from the start. "I'll tell you a secret if you tell me one." He offered, wondering if she would speak about other conquests he assumes she's gotten, or if she'd say something about her history. He already knew the secret he would tell her, but he waited for hers first.

@[Rexanna] oops! posted with wrong account :p

As they began, everything was so strikingly different this time. The last time had been ever so lusty and almost rage filled, but this time it almost seemed to be the opposite. Rexanna hardly had emotion attached, which was strange considering everything she had told the stag. She felt for him, she really did, but something about comparing this to the time with her time with Tembovu. It felt, wrong in a way. However, dwelling upon issues such as this seemed to ruin all the fun. It was meaningless, definitely not romantic, and almost tedious in a way. The thought just seemed to revolve around her mind in a state that almost made her feel uncomfortable.

After the event was over, she found herself coated in sweat, almost freezing to her skin with the bitter cold outside. Steam seeming to rise from the pelt like a passing mist. He stood back at her side, flank to flank. She felt the gentle touch of his wing against her, the feathery touch was almost soothing her mind in the inner turmoil she began to feel. Stress began to rise and lump in her throat in an uncomfortable manner. She didn’t speak at first. The silence disturbed by the mesh of frosty breaths between the two. Ears twitched in his direction as he spoke before she turned her head to him, teal eyes gazing up at this large charred beast. ”Hmm. Secrets…” She said gently, turning her head forward again contemplating what she was thinking.

Should she tell him of her history, of being a rejected queen? No, perhaps not. She didn’t know much of this stag and that was the last thing she wanted to do. Did she trust him? Not so much. Should she trust him? Perhaps. It took minutes before she was able to think of something to say and even then her gut instinct was screaming at her to not say it. Ears flickered back and forth before she turned her head to him. The deed was done, her fate was sealed. She was going to tell him about Tembovu. A small sigh escaped her lips before her eyes found his own.

”We agreed upon an open relationship.” She began. ”I may have been with somebody else.” She said softly, head lowering ever so slightly almost feeling within herself that she had betrayed him. How, she wasn’t sure. She just had this overwhelming feeling that she owed it to him to be only his, yet that wasn’t exactly how this little mirage worked out. She could see the future with Caleb, however strange it may be. But she could see more of a future with Tembovu. Oh what a web they weaved.

@[Caleb]

She was covering in sweat and he appeared to only have been misted with water gently. He was used to this. Used to fucking, used to excersize, used to hiding. Their workout was hardly a workout to him. He found himself weary now, not from the intimate excersize but from a constant state of confusion that loomed in his mind when he is around Rexanna, clogging his senses and forcing him primal. She is some addictive drug used for an extreme high. But the higher you are, the harder you fall. And damn, he is falling. She parrots his word, secrets. The suspense of the moment is almost to hard to handle and Caleb finds himself anxious, still holding a cold and detached facade, but going crazy on the inside. Dying. He nods his head at her repeat of his word, egging her on. Tassels are sent askew when his head is tossed into the air, a chink in his facade, a dent in his cage. The beast is breaking loose, for reasons that are beyond Rexanna. The beast doesn't want to be locked up anymore. It wants control over Caleb's body, a body capable of cruel ness and obliteration.

She begins with something simple, reminding him of the new terms of their relationship. A chill is sent down his spine, hairs standing on ends because Caleb knows where this is headed. He knows what she is going to say. His ears pin flat against his neck as her final words leave her lips, a sour expression written on his face. "Rexanna, those are the new terms to our... Whatever fucking hell we are!" His voice is not a shout, though it is certain everyone would rather it be. His calm voice oozes anger, scorching anger. If one could touch his words, it would be equal to feeling lava, feeling your limbs being melted away. "Unless you have fucked him just right now, directly in front of my face, then you have broken an agreement." A word flashed bold across his mind, WHORE, but he couldn't bring himself to say it and pushed the thought from his mind. No, as he had said before, she was not his. She is the earth's, the wind's, she belongs to whatever stallion is fulfilling her in that moment. For a brief moment, the anger eases and a look of pain crosses his mind. The change is slight and only lasts for a second before all he sees is red. Blinding red. What made would ever want him? He'll apparently never be enough. Not for Rexanna, not for Helovia, not even for himself.

"You expect me to stay when you cannot return that? How do you expect me not to leave when your mind is elsewhere, most likely thinking of whoever it is that matters more than me and Henrietta and this moment." He shakes his head, and not for the first time he feels his anger grow out of control. No one can hold back a tsunami. It just fucking comes without thinking (similar to Rexanna). And this wave, unstoppable wave, it's headed to Helovia in the form of Caleb. Proper thoughts cannot even form in his mind because this crimson red is the only thing he can see. Who has been touching my things?

Wounded, wounded. He is fucking wounded. We're his fucks not good enough? Did his company not suffice? For once, he wished he had a large, thorny, branch clutched between his jaw that he could thwack her with excessively and repeatedly. Henrietta rejoins them, feeling his anger through the bond. She does not side with the gold bitch, she sides with her master who stands still, eyes almost black now, clearly effected by the rage he felt within. These eyes, they are not beady little black eyes, they are both hot and cold, burning and freezing. His body is tense, all his muscles flexed. If she had thought he was powerful and dominant before, she'd crap herself now. Caleb-- well he is no longer Caleb. There is no name for what he is now. "My name is fucking Caleb. You call me Caleb. Alexander is my name to only those that matter to me." Alexander, the name was more than a name for Caleb, and though Rexanna may feel betrayed for not hearing his real name, calling him Alexander was a fucking privelage she no longer deserved. She deserved Caleb, the common name.

He spins around on his haunches before simply walking out, almost vibrating from anger. Henrietta did not follow directly. She stood for a moment, ice gaze fixed on Rexanna for a moment, trailing her every movement. Gradually, her head lowers and hackles raise. Lips rise, revealing ivory teeth, sharp as daggers, capable of much. A bark leaves her inky lips, a warning to her, before the hound turns and follows Caleb who has begun to furiously gallop away from the dreaded hole in the ground. If Rexanna had just listened to the voice that told her not to talk about her infidelity, this would never have happened. Caleb went now to who knows where, most likely to kick the living shit out of trees or maybe just calmly relax. Fuck no- who are we kidding? Caleb has gone to find the ass who has touched his mare.

@[Rexanna] calm rage feels good with Caleb >:|

She watched him almost curiously, almost expecting the volcanic eruption to drag her in screaming with him, but it hadn’t. It seemed more hurt and passionate to her. Had he really had feelings for her? Last time she saw him it just seemed like a one night stand. Granted they had made rules – more so he had made rules – about who she was to have been seeing and what not. It was interesting to her, the whole idea. She wasn’t exactly expecting this sort of reaction. She was expecting him to almost try and take her prisoner for her infidelity. That wasn’t the case, though. He was pained and began to lash out to her. Knowing her mistake in the words, she was almost hopeful it was something that made the entrance easier to him.

It hadn’t.

She sat there and took the verbal beating, head lowered and ears flat. Almost ashamed of herself. She listened and didn’t speak for a few moments before the last exchange of words. ’Who has been touching my things?’ Lifting her head up she flattened her ears to her skull and piercing blue eyes watched him fiercely. Your things? I know we had a deal but –“ She was cut off as he began to shout once more. Caleb. The name rolled over her head a few times. ’Alexander is my name to only those that matter to me.’ Oh yeah. Right. Grumbling to herself, she kept her eyes glued to the charred stag. ”Caleb? Your real fucking name is Caleb? And you sit there and expect me to take in this little shit pity party about those that fucking matter to you? Last time I checked you hardly breathed a word to me, let alone made it seem like I mattered to you?” Her words were hardly finished before he turned and took off. Her voice raised almost in a screech to him to be sure he heard the words as he ran from her.

Head turning to the companion of Caleb as she bared her teeth to Rexanna before following after her owner. Shaking her head, Rexanna stood there a few more moments mulling over the feelings in her mind before slowly trudging off in her own direction, opposite of Caleb’s.

@[Caleb] ANGRYYYY