the Rift

[OPEN] This Was Over Before It Began

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

A shiver ran down my spine, every hair on my body standing on end in an attempt to block out the chill of the winter air. Many new just how hot the desert could be, but unless you lived in the Dragon's Throat, one could hardly grasp just how could it could be. I was thankful for the massive amount of hair that draped over my back like a coat, but I did feel sorry for my young companion. Scarlet eyes glanced down towards the bongo, the rust colored antelope keeping as close to my body as he possibly could. We had been on our own for quite a while now, wandering deep into the desert to allow my mind the time it needed to relax. Rarely would we see another, minding our own business and steering clear of the herd for what was probably months by this point. I'm not even sure why I felt that I so desperately needed the distance, but I felt better now.

With Pongo at my side, the nightmares I used to have were slowly diminishing. They never completely faded away, always lingering in the back of my conciense like a wolf in the shadows. But my little companion could put them to rest, cuddled up in a little ball next to me while I slept. The time away not only helped to clear my head of certain...issues that I had been trying to forget about, but also to strengthen my bond with Pongo. After all, it was Pongo's idea to return to the herd. To be honest, I think he was beginning to miss watching some of the others. As did I. No matter how much we both enjoyed our time alone, we still enjoyed to pass time by watching others. Plus, what if I was needed?

The thought that a member of the herd being in need while I was gone sent a pang of guilt through my chest, my auds flicking back as I realized that even though I was always around, I had essentially abandoned them for my own selfish needs. A little bump on my leg shook me from my thoughts, Pongo had headbutted me to get my attention away from the guilt. Soon, the scents of others bold old and new filled my nose. I was close. I was home.

OOC: Rusty writing...Table by the amazing Wanda!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

After the sandstorm, there had been some sort of fear settling into her chest. She lived in the heart of the Dragon's Throat, glued beside the oasis as if it's dying nutrients would protect her from the harshness of the world. The winds kept her awake at night, shivering quietly as Hobgoblin pressed into her side, raising his head up at even the slightest noise in the night. Their screams were so inhuman, so disturbing, macabre even, that she couldn't stand the very idea that a living thing might even make that noise.
The desert was so alive regardless of it's appearance, but the winds, no, she didn't want them to be alive. It was the sounds of suffering. It brought in the horrors that tried to kill her and another, stabbing them resentlessly until they crumbled upon the borders.
She should just leave.
Having broken away, telling herself it was only for a day that would be spent hunting down herbs, the sand felt different under her hooves. It acted as if it was her first visiting, that this was her first Frostfall ever and that she was still a young, joyful child who didn't understand her imprisonment.
Thankfully, there was no one to see her embarrassment.
Hobgoblin had been reluctant at the beginning. She didn't want to be left alone and he wasn't ready to break from her side, but his wings and legs ached with the need to move. When her gait was slow, the Serval bounded on nimble legs, leaping and attempting to make the best of their journey.
His antics were enough to creep a slow, dull smile over her tired features.
They barely even made outside of the dying, withering remains of grass that littered the edges of the Oasis before Sikeax could feel the need to go back. The muscles in her legs seemed to lock up at the view. Yellow eyes gave her a cold look. "I'm not ready to go back out there."
I'm not ready to almost die again."
Teeth slither out from behind his lips as they roll upwards like curtains preparing for a show. He will not let her stand in fear, and he will not show his weakness at the desert's might. A pinge of fear and worry slaps them both, but he pays it no mind. Not even a second thought is thrown towards it.
Sikeax will have to get over it, whether she likes it or not.
He turns, trotting quickly into the orange desert as if she now means nothing, forgetting all of her emotions and fears, ignoring all of her complaints strung out over their bond. What did it matter to him that she didn't want to see the sea when it was buried behind the desert? And here he thought she loved the sea.
Hoofbeats fill his ears as Sikeax feels pleasure rise in her chest. Confusion comes in as if to follow the rhythm of the noise, listening in to his side of the story as her legs remain locked into place. Purring, he turns in the direction of the sound, expecting Sikeax to be there, walking towards him with a brave new heart that he should know by now isn't her's.
Damned worry gets the better of her, bolting in his direction as if she is about to lose him again.
It's never something you expect it to be. She knows not to be expect the best with him around strangers, but this is now a new situation. Everything hits her like a brickwall.
"Morrigan?"
She hadn't meant to say that out loud, but it thankfully catches Hobgoblin's attention.
Claws scramble over her back, responding with a cringe as they dig and draw low amounts of blood, clinging onto her hide as if she was to be his kill. There aren't any words to describe this feeling.
Morrigan? Alive?
She'd thought of the dark mare as dead. She'd fallen of the face of the planet, disappeared from existance as if she never really happened. And here, Sikeax thought she was the last standing healer in the Dragon's Throat, left to bear the weight of the wounded alone.
"Morrigan? Is that you?" She needed to make sure that for just once, she wasn't hallucinating some horrible beast taking the form of someone she could really trust.
A slow, unsteady step draws her in closer, trying to drink in the whole scene without drawing too much attention and risking something horrible dare this not be Morrigan.
"Where have you been?"

OOC: I couldn't resist.
PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE BACK AND ALIVE FOR GOOD

@[Morrigan]

Sikeax & Hobgoblin
En sa beauté gît ma mort et ma vie.

Art by Indiscrivibile @ DA

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

The peaceful silence that I had grown accustomed to was instantly shattered by a familiar voice calling out my name. Auds flicked towards the younger mare while my ruby gaze settled on Sikeax. Her reaction was most unexpected, so much so that it brought me to tilt my crown in confusion. 'Is that you?' Of course it was me, unless she knew of some other web coated mare with copious amounts of hair trailing behind her. The sheer way that she questioned me put me in unease, and I dropped my eyes to the ground in shame to avoid looking her in the eye.

"Yes, it's me."

Maybe my fears had been justified, maybe they truly needed my care while I was gone. How could I have expected to be welcomed though? When I was barely a recognizable face to the majority of the herd, a passing shadow that every may have seen at some point but never really knew. My name alone would only be recognized by a select few, Sikeax being one of them. When I found the courage to meet her stare, I realized just how slowly she was approaching me before asking where I had been. What had happened while I was gone?

"I never left Dragon's Throat...I've been..." My voice drifted off softly as I glanced over my shoulder to the stretch of land that I had traveled from, my footsteps beginning to be erased from the sands by the harsh winter winds. What the hell was I going to tell her? I let my emotional baggage get the better of me and ran away? I let a filly-like crush break my heart and couldn't stand to be around him for much longer? I got over attached and had to do something to desperately try and break that attachment? "I don't really have an excuse, and for that I am sorry that I vanished."

Now I met my fellow healer with an apologetic gaze, crown lowered slightly as I spoke. "I just...I don't know, I needed a break from things that wouldn't leave me alone. I needed to get away, clear my head." I could feel my emotions twisting into that of curiosity, and when I glanced down at my hooves I noticed that Pongo was hiding behind my legs while staring intently at the companion that I had never met on Sikeax's back. It was fascinating, the way our bond could bend and pull at our emotions, encouraging one over the other. It was only a few seconds later when the curiosity changed to concern, and I narrowed my eyes back up at Sikeax. "Are...Are you okay? Did something...happen, while I was gone?" I wasn't quite sure what kind of answer I was hoping for, but there were far too many disastrous possibilities that lurked behind such a loaded question. But I couldn't just let the question go unasked, Sikeax seemed so shaken up about something. I highly doubted that whatever was bothering her had much to do with my disappearance.

[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.