the Rift

[OPEN] 3's a crowd [Patrol]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I left the Throat early. In truth, I would have been just as happy patrolling alone. I know that I have no real skills and if anything should happen being alone would be one of the worst possible scenerios but...

but really?!

Destry and Ivezho.

Out of everyone in the herd, I am paired with the only two that I take issue with.

Their names swam in my mind as I flew.

Destry - the mare who tried to tell me that the irresponsibility of others was just the way it was. Part of life. As if the strength I would derive from my years of being alone somehow made their actions alright. And her partner - the golden one - her loud and raucous words still echoed in my thoughts. I was still so angry that they could possibly think that all the pain that I was going through now would somehow be redeemed later. Later virtue did not erase earlier sin, as far as I was concerned.

And then there was Ivezho. My brother, my twin. The one I clung to so furiously in childhood who just up and left. And then! To make matters worse, had the nerve to return and say nothing. I can still remember how I felt, trembling on the sands, our first conversation in months and he just ... he just ... I could feel tears beginning to choke out my vision and my throat began to close as I stubbornly swallowed down a sob. Ivezho meant everything to me, and he just left. He left, and when he came back he just ... well. He might as well still have been gone.

Landing hard through a bough covered in snow, I felt my limbs and muscles cry out as I forced my tall body onto the ground. My wings gave off a faded dull light as they gently and continually pulsed. With a snort, I looked around. The forest was so silent, so quite and pristine. The reoccurring thought of patrolling by myself resurfaced, and I set off alone into the woods.

@[Ivezho] and @[Destry]

Image Credits

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I can't find your silver lining. . .

I've been wandering in the snow for a little while now, and I pray that it won't start snowing yet again. My hooves stumble along in the snow awkwardly until I find my footing for about a millisecond.
There is a faint glow up ahead and I'm staring at it, my eyes drying from the buffeted wind. Blinking a few times more I stare again and start to head towards the light at a much faster pace than before (which wasn't getting my anywhere truly faster). I stumble through the dead undergrowth and snow, dodging low-hanging branches while keeping my eyes on the light.

My numb feet are like pillars in the ground now as I stumble out into the creature's little clearing. He gave off a light I couldn't recall was possible. Maybe my brain was numb. If it was, I probably wouldn't be thinking...I think.

I stare at him, and then all of sudden I realize he's just a blurry from the water in my eyes. His light started to move away from me. That was when I realized that the light was on him. On his wings. On his body. Rooooowwwwweeeeahhhhhh.

It was him. My long lost friend. My sapphire eye'd friend. We flew into the ocean together. We were friends.

"Rhoa!" I call out. My voice is horse and different from when I'd last used it. Scratchy. There was a vulnerability there that wasn't there before. I raced to catch up with him. He must not have seen me watch him, lumbering towards him in quite a manner.

"Rhoa! Rhoa..." I say as I stop beside him. "Rhoa..." I say again, long and drawn out. I hadn't said his name is so long. My eyes squint from a random buffet of wind to the face, blowing my mane back and my forelock out of my eyes. I shake my head, putting it all back in place, as well as a chirping Wayne.

"Rhoa, I've missed you..." I whisper but I don't think that he heard me.

"Talk Talk Talk"
@[Rhoa] I thought there could be a little reunion if that's okay..
I don't mean to judge...
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

The sound of my name on the lips of another causes my heart to suddenly race and my head to swim. I hadn't been speaking out loud had I? Had someone heard me? I knew deep down that of course that was impossible and yet ... who could be here when I was so sure I had been alone? Alone - because that's all that I ever was?

I spun instantly ready to face the ghosts and demons of my past that I was so sure were before me, when I saw her. Her. Spice. As she ran towards me, she felt more like an angel than a ghost - and yet she was. A ghost of a time that I had been so carefree and happy. I suddenly could feel the hot sun on my back as we raced together on the sands and to the ocean - and ahh! The Ocean! She had been so overjoyed to see it again and I? I had been happy then too.

She repeats my name again and again, and although there is snow all around us I'm sure I can smell the ocean and the sand lingering in her wind-strewn mane. "Spice--" I begin, my voice sounding suddenly so much older than it had when last we were together. She is right - I don't hear her - though it's my pounding heart that's to blame. All I can hear is the rush of blood in my ears, and the sound of her saying my name echoing in my thoughts.

"Where have you been? I had heard you're a healer now!"

Image Credits