the Rift

[OPEN] It's Gonna Be Me

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
So if I learned anything at the herd meeting it was that there were a whole bunch of damn fine ladies and gents populating this winter wonderland and you know what? I don’t know most of them. And you know what else? That’s a severe enough crime that I should be thrown into pony jail for it and never allowed parole. I mean really, this is supposed to be my new home, right? I might as well get to know my roommates.

Okay so I really really want to get to know my roommates because if they are half as interesting as d’Artagnan then I bet we’re going to have a fabulous time here. And they all seem, from the herd meeting, like a pretty groovy bunch! Pumped doesn’t even cover it. I’m like, so far past pumped I’m almost bursting. I’m the best blow up job on an air mattress that you’ve ever seen. Oh yeah that’s right, that’s how pumped I am. It’s pretty intense.

I honestly just can’t get over how ridiculously luck I am that I was invited here. This place is the winter of all winters and I have a feeling that the insects have frozen so completely that they’ll never live again. Bliss!! Do you have any idea how terrible it is smelling the way I do in the summer? Flies of all species, bees, whatever else you can think of, they all flock toward dear Johnny. It’s disgusting. I mean there’s also the issue of melting a little bit under the warmth of the sun but the bugs man. The bugs.

I’m having a pretty great day so far. It’s still early morning - the sun hasn’t even risen above the mountains yet, not that it gets very high above them this time of year. Everything is grey - the sky is grey which makes the snow look a little darker than it really is. The best thing about everything being grey? All of us, all of us wonderful creatures, just pop right out. I pretty much always stand out, you know, because I’m too incredible not to be noticed, but the rest of the herd stand out now too! And there’s a lot of them, in all sort of shades.

Am I staring? I guess I am. I’m just sort of chilling near the hot springs - not daring to go in them unless the Basin would like some peppermint tea - but figuring that someone will come to hang out near the heat eventually. It’s early in the morning, perfect time for a dip right? And oh look, since I’m so conveniently located, I guess they’ll get a bath AND a conversation. So great right?

Oh, except maybe I shouldn’t look like I’m waiting for someone. Maybe I should be inconspicuous. Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I very slowly lower myself down into the snow - it crunched down under my body - and I start humming to myself. Because if I hum, it could be any old day and I could be here for any old reason. Looking everywhere except for the direction that someone is most likely to come from.

Totally not just waiting to spring on the first face to come along so I can pounce...
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

for @[Rexanna] and any! <3 come meet Johnny!!

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

Ki’irha
We used to look up and wonder at our place in the stars.

Ki'irha stalked quietly through the snow. Long limbs carried her smoothly, swiftly, over the frozen landscape, her tail brushing the freshly fallen snow behind her. With no one to see, no where to be, she wandered carelessly through the Basin. Though cold and frozen, there was still warmth in the idea that this place, her home, held promise to provide quite a life in its sanctuary.

Though they seemed a solitary bunch, the unicorns here had been nothing but welcoming, even if not the most friendly of creatures. She was happy knowing that this was a place worth fighting for. She hoped some day she could prove herself to be a warrior her father would be proud of.

Then it hit her. A cold smell, but sweet, an aroma that clung like ice crystals in her nose. It almost smelled like the mint leaves her mother had her chew on as a filly to help calm a colicky stomach. But it was different. If Ki'irha knew the word, she would have described it as an almost artificial scent. Curious as the young mare was, she had to investigate the minty smell that clung tightly to the underlying scent of horse. She turned her direction, the cobalt mare on a mission.

She was approaching the hot springs, and a form appeared in the distance. She approached slowly, and a small change in the direction of the wind pushed a strong flush of that sweet scent back at her. The buck she approached was unusual in color. Red and pink stained a white body, and despite her initial thought of how strange his combination was, she quickly remembered that she was more blue than black, and had no room to judge. Could he be the source of the scent?

"Hello, stranger," she called out, her voice relaxed. She was not stealthy in her arrival at all, so it would not be a surprise if he already knew about her arrival. She came to a stop close enough to be polite, but far enough to defend herself if this candy man was not a friend. Silver eyes were inquisitive, and she looked him over.

If he looks like a horse, walks like a horse, but smells like candy, what does that make him?

Now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.

Credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
For as long as Rex has been in the Basin, she hadn’t actually gone and explored around much. She had done the roundabout with Lena back when she met Ashamin, but it was never fully in depth. There was a spot, however, she wanted to visit dearly as the cold began to bite at her heels. The hot springs. After the meeting had ensued, she had figured she might as well explore more at home. Seeing as the possibility of meeting all of these unfamiliar faces that she was perpetually living with seemed like a wonderful idea. Stretching out her bones from the chill of the cold, the golden vixen stepped in search for the springs.

She felt as though she hadn’t walked very long before a scent caught her nose. Such a strange smell, but interesting and alluring nonetheless. As she followed the scent, a second one also came in although not nearly as strong as the first scent she caught. Curiously, she continued on the stretch, almost forgetting the idea that she wanted to visit the springs. Along the trail, she spotted two creatures in the distance. One quite a mesh of pink and red in color and the other looked almost completely black. Though from this distance, anything was hard to see. Pausing in her steps and squinting her eyes lightly, she noticed the springs beside them. How ironic! Pleased with fate at that point, she brought herself to a trot and encroached on the circle. Leaving enough space to not be intimidating or rude, but enough for friendly conversation. She heard the blackened creature, which now appeared almost blue in hue speak to the other that had quite the strong scent. So he was the culprit!

Rexanna smiled to the both of them and dipping her crown lightly as a hello to the both of them. ”Hello to the both of you!” God, she felt like a child. She was so excited to see other creatures, so curious of this stags scent, and overly pleased that she was standing near the Springs that was the original plan of her day. Oh how great!

@[Johnny] @[Ki’irha] Sorry it took so long D:

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
The Songbird snagged bliss where she could find it, in between the hollowed hills and the sanctioned sins, nestled and tucked and stranded in long, tender tassels, trying desperately not to break it across sharp edges and keen blades. She’d raked them along too many thorns, too many nettles, too many blunt, coarse barbs and spines recently, and the flaws, scars, and remnants of savagery had far outweighed and outlasted her benedictions and reveries. But, instead of meandering down into the doldrums or melancholy fibers of her latest adventures, she drank in breaths of cool, morning air and watched the clouds of warmth billow from her nares, traced the fine, poignant moments of peace and repose amongst the wide aperture of her chosen cavern, and sang sweet, soothing balms beneath her trepidations. Together, she and Imogen, basking in the gray vision of dawn’s brushstroke transition, stared over the ramparts, across the fortifications, watchers and witnesses to the sights, the sounds, of time’s everlasting overtures (promising and promising something else, something new, something wild). They might have stayed, captured and bottled in listless, languid particles of hours and space and fragile, infrequent moments of tranquility, of serenity, had the pair not heard voices, heard movements, rippling near the hot springs – figures seeking refuge from the chill.

A series of motions and sentiments rippled between the bonded as a silent, stoic undercurrent – Imogen’s tilted, vulpine head leering in the thought of rest, of relaxation, for her Mender who’d not seen solitude, who’d not grasped sanctuary for several moons, and Lena’s ever-alluring smile, gypsy, vagabond wishes, pixie grandeur, fairy essence coiling and contorting the wishes of the other. Too determined, too fixated on one resolution after another, time’s naiad won the brief battle, leaving Imogen following her wake through snow and rime. The belle surged forward, racing for the rapture of comrades, of brethren, of those known and those completely, wholly unfamiliar – delving into curiosity, into speculation, curling and coiling inquiries over veils of horrors and deceits. Movements were unhinged, wild and graceful, finessed through the toils of perilous glaciers and treacherous, slick glaze as if she’d perfected the art of maneuvering across danger eons before (over and over again, a regal performance, an established choreographing of speciousness, persistence, and phoenix dreams).

Their arrival was far later than the others, but her eyes, warm, amiable, kind and hastened into ardent benevolence, sought each and every figure, tossing them a grand bow, a bob of her head tucked against her chest. She stepped very lightly, pressing into the snow as air, as soft, dulcet petals, meant for the spring but constantly colliding with winter’s injustice. Imogen chirped an eager salutation of her own, and as they maneuvered closer to the miniature gathering, remained posed at Lena’s forelegs, an ivory, stalwart sentinel, a vehement guardian of fey. Her nostrils quivered only slightly, inquisition floating between their connections as the Songbird tried to hold back a small bout of laughter. Smell something. Mint? Is it mint?

Perhaps it came from one of the most distinct members of the tiny throng, for he was vivid, striking, and exotic. Was he the newly named Weaver, joining the Engineer for their lengthy projects? How on earth had he assembled such a pelt, such a coat? And the other femme, hadn’t she been announced as the next Corporal (reminding her of stars, of constellations, of the midnight sky hoisted for all to see, like a perfect specimen, meant for the Basin and its aurora powers)? Each individual, especially Rexanna (the only familiar being in the group), were given a broad, enveloping grin, a blessing, an invocation, written in beneficence and reverence. “Good morning!”

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Oh man, oh man. Could you believe my luck right now? Because I really can’t. So I’m there, pretending like I’m minding my own business, when I catch movement from the corner of my green eyes and then - like I was dipped in luck - within a short time frame I am surrounded by three of the loveliest unicorns you could ever imagine.

So behind curtain number one is this luscious creature with a black-blue coat and all these white marks that look like the night sky.

Curtain number two held a golden mare, all warmth where the other was darkness. Gorgeous array of colours across her coat!

Curtain number three held a simple but very elegant mare of earth tones that had an amazing smile and a curious companion at her side.

A trio of beauty, and of friendliness too it seemed! They were all so well-mannered and I honestly couldn’t believe for a moment that they were standing there with me. But then I remembered that hey, I’m Johnny. I’m a walking and talking sugar cube in a world of horses - of course they’re going to come over. And when they realize this sugar-cube has one incredible personality? Well I guess they’ll just keep coming back for more.

As they all approach I greet them all with a huge grin and nod to them in turn but they all arrive soon after each other so it wasn’t until the third joined our circle of awesome that I had a chance to respond to their kind greetings. “Hello ladies! Aren’t you all sights for sore eyes, such a lovely way to start the day. How are you all doing this fine morning? Hope it’s not too frosty for you!” Frosty was good when you were made of candy but apparently the warm-blooded creatures required a little more heat to survive or something. Sounded like a lot of maintenance to me BUT I guess when you looked like these ladies, or the gents, that I’ve seen in the Basin so far, you can afford to require a little extra care. They’re totally worth it!

I’m totally relaxed and completely interested in these girls, all of which are taller than me but you think I care? Height never stopped me before and it sure won’t get in my way anytime soon.

“My name’s Johnny, I’m the new Weaver in town.” I don’t usually rank-drop (because I’ve never had one before) but I’ve noticed other Helovians doing it and I don’t know, maybe it’s considered polite? Anyway, at least it will help them place me in the herd. I wonder where they’ve all chosen to specialize! “Might I be lucky enough to learn your names?” The grin really isn’t going to leave so I’ll probably just stop mentioning it before we get repetitive.

I do, however, flick that peppermint tail of mine and look between them - quite happy with how this day is turning out. I'm even considering suggesting taking a dip into the hot springs because, even though I might melt, at least I'll get to experience hanging out with these three before hand! Hot-tubbing, maybe that's where my true talents lie.
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@[Ki'irha]