the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Riptide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Who are you to tell me what I should and should not be?

I am alone. So very alone...

And that is more then just a statement, more then what you could understand. My loneliness is unorthodox and to understand it...you would have to know that I haven't ever...been me. And you have no idea how many levels of wrong that this is. Sure I've always had my own thoughts but I've never been alone with them as I am now. I keep expecting them to tell me ' calm down',' Peace', ' rest you brat.' There impressions won't leave me. I had always been a part of something more, of someone. There were always others and they were me as much as I was them. We guided one another same as the strings of an instrument made a song. Forever in harmony as one.

We were Everleen. Till we were were broken...scattered...murdered...

And what sort of madness have I descended into trying to explain this to you? It's a waste of my time because you don't need to get it. How could you possibly understand anyway?! How much this hurts me! It's not your business... but if you want to know something, well guess what?

I'm majorly pissed off.

" What the fuck is this!?!?" When the white light vision of my birth reseeds I remain blinded by the frothy sheet of this world, eyes recoiling, blinking, and zoning in on two dark figures that I'm apparently standing on. Oh legs, I think. My outburst is directed at the fact I can't see and I don't know what the hell I'm looking at when I realize that I'm bound into a form. Did I mention I've never been solid before? Through my blurry vision I can only denote a few colors –a deep dark blue and white mingled together. What the hell?!?! Am I a blueberry slushie? If I am then I'm a giant, sentential slushie and that sounds like a horrible joke. Whoever did this, I've shit to deal with you!! I look at myself, trying to figure out what happened to me, what I am, and what caused this in the first place but I'm distracted when the form shakes...shivers, that's the word. A sensation consumes me and to my displeasure it seems to be biting me - everywhere.

" Damn it, its cold!" I grunt, gritting my teeth - whoah teeth- and noticing as the chill attempts to reach inside me as I breath, wholly aware of how the chest of this form expands as it inhales the cold air and exhales it out the same place it entered and continued the pattern naturally. I find the conjoining of the cold and the warmth of this body both offending and reassuring - it proves I'm not a slushie afterall." Gods, no wonder everyone complains about it. Brrr."

More instincts seemed to be activating the older I got, piecing me together into a more functional form of whatever I was from whatever primordial soup I had been concocted from. And it turns out that isn't exactly a metaphor. When my eyes finally adjusted I saw that I stood in a devastation of shattered ice ontop a frozen river with a gaping hole standing vigil right behind me. I regarded it cooly, staring at the dark water sluggishly moving past within it. So, that was my source. But why? Why did I spring here? Why was I BOUND?!

That caused a jolt in me. I was bound...and yet I was free. This was not the magic of the pursuer. This was something else...something defensive that I did. But what -? Oh... I remember now. It was a barrier. I had felt it grasp at me and freaked thinking it was that monster and transformed into this to escape from it. I'd seen one before not that long ago too, hence why I went with it. Ah, that made sense, but for the love of god what the hell –

" Oh. I'm a horse. With a horn. I get it now."

OOC: It should be known that Riptide is originally a water elemental and Helovia's 'barrier' or dispelling of magic from other lands has trapped her in the form of a unicorn. She was also part of another being, Everleen, a Grand Water elemental that was spilt apart into essences that in turn were being hunted down by an unknown pursuer. Hence why she's kinda all over the place with her thoughts. She's not used to being her yet and this is an experiment character for me. I just hope this isn't all jibberish

"Talking "Thoughts "

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Youth, ah, youth. To be young is a wonder. Wandering as a youth is a wonder as well. Especially to new places, reaching just a little further into the unknown. As time seems to have started speeding up, I had taken to spending it by exploring new regions. There where new plants in each region as well. Which in its self was fascinating.

However, this time of year proved to be fruitless in exploring for new found forms of plant life, so I had just taken to wandering (and getting lost a few times). But by now I was confident that I would be able to find the way home.

A molted muzzles is close to the ground, pushing snow out of the way with my soft muzzle. It was cold, and some times it got up my nose, which was truly awful- I snort out some more freezing ice particles back unto where they belonged.

Okay I should probably not do that anymore. It's not like I really need to. I can push through the snow fairly easily and keep warm while doing it. Thanks dad, I get it from you.

My head shoots up as I hear the voice of another in the form of "What the fuck is this?" And naturally as a curious youngster does, I decided to investigate the voice. Moving more into the unknown.

I reach a frozen river, and on top of the ice above a shattered hole is a unicorn. My head cocks to the side. This is the strangest thing I may have come upon as of yet. I stand there puzzled for some time, watching the brightly marked unicorn gather her bearings. The mare goes off on something about being cold, before going quiet again, and I the curious child watches from the bush idly by. As the mare speaks once more, it seems a realization as to 'what' she is.

Slowly I push out of the bushes to make myself present.

"Technically speaking, you are a unicorn. But I guess that can be a subspecies of horse, yeah." I smile lifts up my features.

"I'm Glacia. Do you need some help?" I nod at the strangely marked, awaiting her response.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Unregistered
Snazzy quote can go here!

"Technically speaking, you are a unicorn. But I guess that can be a subspecies of horse, yeah. I'm Glacia. Do you need some help?"

The words rip into my world like a strike of lightening, the acoustic nature of them sounding harsh enough in these strange ears to cause another jolt in my body as it shattered the silence around me . But I guess you could just say that I was caught off guard to find that I wasn't alone. In an instant my ears flatten themselves to my crown and my bound form tenses into a state ridged as the ice I stood ontop on, nostrils flared with a deep frown that curved into a sneer. It seemed the only natural way to respond once I actually figured out what she had said. Someone found the wrong time to joke, if that was what it was suppose to be. It felt like it because who says things like that? A subspecies of horse? Did I ask for specifics? While it did answer a question - and a puzzling one at that- I couldn't help but be annoyed. I don't care if I mused aloud. Of all the things I needed right now, technical speech wasn't one of them.

I smirk, blasting a  cloud  of steam forcefully from my lungs. There is something satisfying about pushing air; it felt like a viable medium to thoroughly express my feeling of annoyance and amusement. My head cocks slightly in the girl's direction as I leered at this creature in my presence, eying her head to toe. Hmm, so she was a 'unicorn' too. A feeling of vague familiarity overcomes me and I can't help but feel that Glacia was the one I'd seen not long before and gave me the idea of this for this creature I apparently was.

"And just what piece of literature taught you to speak, huh?"  My voice comes out as a brusque growl ,a sneer, without a thought, but it softens immediately and assumes a musing tone after a  moment's breath as a revelation hits me just as fast. "But you know what, I kinda like it. Might kinda need it, actually. But first, I'm getting off this." This mean the river ice.  I was suddenly getting an uneasy impression about standing on it, acutely aware I was sorta levitating above running water on it. try to take a step forward.  It was a disgusting feeling, this inner working of muscles, and I tremble uncertainly with sheer inexperience but I manage it - barely. I was almost proud, landing that, but guess what else I'm uncultured in - how slippery ice is. I did - technally ( wow, this going to be my favorite word?) know of its treacherous nature but you could say that the experience was secondhand, maybe even third. I should have remembered but someone forgot to remind me...someone couldn't remind me anymore.

I slip sharply to the side but I catch myself with a stomp hard enough  to crunch into the surface of the ice. The profound frown on my face was a perfect summery of how I was feeling. I wasn't having any of this slipping shit today but the grinding of ice fragments beneath my hoof was both satisfying and enlightening. I test out my other limbs with an equally fierce stomp into the ice and get the same crunch from every corner with the river ice punching back true and strong. I twist a hoof  to test the grip and found it quite to my liking and proceeded to stomp my way forward to the shore in a power strut. The wonders a little grit can do.

I turn my gaze to Glacia and considered what I should ask of her. Their were a number of things I wanted to the answers to but too many of them were personal and I wasn't going to screech at a child about them. Yeah, actually looking at her it was obvious she was a  little kid. Hard to say whether or not that mouth of hers was going to be a pain but I needed that mouth to speak some sense to me. I needed some facts.

" So, what is this place and who are your Gods? "

That seemed straight forward to me. I was too acutely aware that I was... stuck in this physical form. My power had been stolen from me and that was why I was bound as I was. Thus, my mission is simple - punch a face and get them back because I'm not asking kindly for what is already mine.

"Talk?" "Talk?"
[@Glacia]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Harsh words and the sound of crunching ice found the elephant’s ears. An interesting combination. Interesting enough to draw the lumbering giant towards it. It seemed he found himself often in the threshold as of late- probably because he had needed someone to find him so badly when he arrived here.

So his large, onyx hooves trampled through the contrastingly white snow. Today the banks didn’t seem as large- or perhaps he was just getting used to them. But not the cold, he still abhorred the cold. He likely always would. Though he found it easier and easier to control the grouchiness it inspired in him.

And, upon reaching the source of the commotion that broken the snow’s stillness, his grouchiness was entirely forgotten. A black filly stood on the bank of a frozen river. And black mare, with the most impressive horn, was crunching across its surface. Deep blue eyes widen in surprise, and he eyes the ice. Was it solid all the way through? It didn’t appear so.

He snorts as she slips, thick nostrils sending clouds of condensation in the chilly morning air. At least the sun hadn’t been beating down on the ice to weaken it. In fact, it probably thickened overnight. “Aye mare, take care on that ice. I’ve seen a leg broken on a less treacherous surface,” his deep voice rumbles, concern replacing the usual good humor it carried.

Sweeping strides carry his silvered, heavy body to the edge of the ice, alongside the horned filly.  She looked to be a yearling, judging by the length of her tail, “I think each newcomer I meet here is more nutty than the last,” he mumbled humorously under his breath to the young one and himself.

At the striped mare’s question a small, lopsided replaced the shocked concern on his broad face. “You’ve landed yourself in Helovia. I am Tembovu, and welcome,” his thick black horn parts the air as he nods his head in greeting, “Our gods are the lovely Lady Moon, the goddess of the night. And her brothers: the ever-calm Earth, the fervent Sun, and the unpredictable Time god.”

He pauses, his low voice ceasing as he eyes the mare. She’s peculiar, to be certain. But not just from her blade-like horn or striped legs. She moves as if she is uncertain, and she starts at stimuli- not from fear, but from surprise. As if its new. As if everything is new. His head cocks slightly to the side, “Are you alright?” She was acting almost like the soldiers who ate the mind altering roots of his home, Dorobo. His gaze narrows as he studies her and awaits an answer.

ooc| Hope you don’t mind me dropping him in here! @Riptide @Glacia
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
Caught in the undertoe, where am I to go but below?

I've attracted a party it seems. I was waiting - patiently- for Glacia's response but another voice chimes out instead from another mouth with a tone I instantly bite back at. It was male and certainly deep but the presence of another stranger hardly intimidated me. "Aye mare, take care on that ice. I’ve seen a leg broken on a less treacherous surface,” " And I've seen a face broken from less then welcomed advice it gave." I say back, irritated, thinking 'Who asked you?'. I huffed loudly, channeling another cloud of steam from my nostrils and rolling my eyes. If you haven't caught the memo yet, I don't like being told outside what I want to hear. Childish? Haughty?  No. I just know what I want and I have a straight-forward plan to get it, simple as that.  The rest is plain interference, immaterial, and I hate that. Besides, he didn't answer my question - he chastised me. What an introduction.

Oh, apparently he smartened up. When his deep drum of a voice hummed again I merely gave him a side glance, preparing to ignore him, but before I pressed that mute button I heard the magic word - Gods. There was a tid bit about Helovia and a welcome ( good to know) but I tagged that information right on the backburner for later. I listened keenly, turning my head directly to him, my body feeling a bolt of excitement run through it... only to find the information wanting. " What about water, who governs that?"   Through all that word fodder I didn't hear a thing about it and I was this close to feeling gypped. If I couldn't be restored, then by the breath of life, so help me, i will wreak havoc against whatever forbade it...

And then those few words sneak in. A three worded sentence that silences all the noise in my head at once.  Are you alright?  It wasn't even said in an emotional way, in fact, it had been spoken almost curiously or dumbly... I couldn't decide, but no matter. What mattered is what I knew of that phrase and what my answer was to it. It's odd, the sensation of sudden stillness and lucidity and the fallout thereafter, like a tension seizing up inside you suddenly lost. It was a sort of submission I realized, the first that I can say in my life that I have personally experienced. Sure,  technically, I have lived for millennia but I'd merely  been a part of a greater being, a collective conscious. An impulse, really, now that I'm thinking about it. This – now – was me and only that. And it was the scariest thing thing ever, especially when it dawns on you that you don't even know yourself.

But at the same, I realize it's a freedom I never knew I could have.

To finally be myself.

No strings attached.

By no means was I going to be happy about what has happened to me and brought me to this sorry state...but since becoming aware of this secret plus side, this bittersweet revelation is turning a little sweeter and I think I like the taste. 

"No." It's an achievement I manage the word  in a tone so clear, sober, and irrevocably final given my internal turmoil. I gritted my teeth, feeling these odd aches in my chest but I push through them, spurred by what could only be determination. " But if you want to make it better you'll answer my question. And maybe tell me where it's a bit warmer."

Through fidgeting it comes to my attention my joints are becoming stiff from the cold and it invokes an annoyance and a spur of hatred. After finally thawing out I didn't want to freeze ever again.

"Talk"
----------
@Tembovu
OOC: Thanks for joining!!! And sorry for the wait.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He snorts in amusement at the irritated huffing of the prickly mare, her sharp tone doing no damage to the elephant’s easy manner. Watching her advance on the ice in the awkwardly stomping manner, he wisely bites back his laughter and sobers his expression- though his bright blue eyes still dance with mirth.

He noticed the change in the mare as he speaks of the gods. She went from vexed woman to rapt listener quite abruptly. Then challenges him with a question, her tone bordering on irritation once more. He couldn’t win with this woman, that was becoming evident very quickly. “The water? I believe the sea and its tides are under the pull of the Lady Moon, goddess of my herd, the World’s Edge,” he answers, his voice deep and ringing across the icy snow, “Though I am unsure if her power extends to all bodies of water.” His tone is almost apologetic as he purses his lips together in irritation of not being able to answer her questions.

He watches curiously- which quickly morphs into concern- at the effect his simple question has on the mare. Was it sadness, loss, or fear on her face? Perhaps just overwhelming revelation. ”No.” Her answer caused a slight frown to crease the black markings on his face. He takes a half step towards the striped woman, as if attempting in someway to assist her. Though he is not sure how, except to answer her questions.

“I can only offer you a home within my herdlands, the Edge. As I mentioned before, they are under guidance of the Moon goddess, at the westernmost edge of Helovia. While they overlook the sea with cliffs, it is the south, and Dragon’s Throat, where you will find the warmest weather. Though I, too, hate the cold- but manage fine at the Edge. The north, Aurora Basin lands, provides cold all year long, which is why I did not join that herd- though they welcome only horned folk amongst them, should you be so inclined for that distinction,” he pauses his tirade of information before adding a last fact, “There is one last herd, the Falls, though I cannot tell you much about it.” He pauses, looking at her closely as his words sunk in, “You’ve a name?”
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

@Riptide , @Glacia

Please tag Tembovu.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He was there. Watching. It seemed to be all he did lately. Watch until he was ready. Yet, how lovely it was to hide here in plain view. To watch a hilarious slip. To see a good show. The cloak over his back wipes silently about him, and his tasseled tail flicks just about the snow. He should have revealed himself by now, but of course you can’t show yourself laughing like a maniac. At least not at this creature it seemed. It’s why he had stopped after all. There were plenty of colorful characters in this world, but even she stood out among them. Not to mention she had sass, and that always turned his head.

Still he was growing bored. Glacia, the filly of Sialia was failing to speak up. It was falling apart. This, this strange unicorn from the Edge, seemed to be making progress. His mind wandered enough to miss most of what he said. The golden did not know much about the Edge since the invasion, his efforts had been focused on the Falls and Gaucho. Perhaps he ought to rectify that. Closed doors you say? Doors were never closed to him. But another day.

From the shadows he pulls the cloak from his shoulders slipping it in the pouch below the wolf pelt as his form shimmers into view. “You make it sound like hell frozen over.” The tone of disappointment rolls off low, with humor purring through it. Yet he steps into their sight as he says it. A curl on his lips looking over the gathering, landing on the newcomer of everyone’s attention. Crowned head dips slightly, “Thranduil, at your service.” He raises it with a spark flashing through the gold in his eyes. Yes, he wouldn’t mind throwing in his chess piece here. It might be a losing game, with her request for something warmer, but it would at least be more fun than standing in the shadows all day again.

His calm face turns to the creature of the Edge. “You seem to be out of the times there. The Aurora Basin is under new management.” His tasseled tail flicks hard on his sides, keeping away his large grin from reveal. “Those archaic rules have gone long ago.” Now he turns back to the black and white lady. What a most curious horn she had. “And we’re not eternally cold. Bit of snow perhaps, but all the comforts you could ask for, including the hot springs. My favorite, not a place warmer this time of year than their waters.” He pulls back, and though he does not look, one hark trains on the tan man who apparently had declined their invitation before. “Though the mountains are not a place for the weak.” A small smile finally creeps on his face.

Was this him really trying? Well obviously not. He teases too much. Smiles too much. But today he doesn’t care. He couldn’t have stood just by watching this curious creature one more moment. Would he get told off? Insulted? Sassed? For once he didn’t care. God that felt nice. Ever so nice to –not- care. Perhaps she had been right. Hide flinches a little, just a tick, near unnoticeable. Not now. He wasn’t about to lose this lovely feeling to something as silly as remembering.

OOC :: @Tembovu @Riptide Hope you don't mind me popping in for Glacia here. =]
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.