the Rift

[OPEN] ALL EYES ON YOU

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
The ugly state of winter had only grown worse; it had transformed from a mild, bitter season into a landslide of ice and snow and death. Everything around them had died: the plants, the spirits, everything. Even Romul, who bounded through the snowdrifts not unlike a whitetail deer, cursed the cold from time to time. The Sleuth couldn’t blame him and instead nodded lightly each time the expletives bust through the solemnity of her mind. Of course, in the wake of realizing just how unified she and the wolf had become, it was no real shock for the mare to reconcile with the fact that it was no longer her mind, but theirs.

For the first time in so many years, the pair moved west toward the coast and, for the first time in what felt an eternity, the decision was entirely Romul’s. He’d wanted to see the ocean and the ice that stretched out over the shallow waters until the warmth of the depthless tide was too much for even the winter’s chill. He longed for the briny scent of the salty surf and the clean air that wafted in from across the sea… Native lands from so far away rolled in against the beach and the foreign taste of the unknown came with them upon the wintry gale. All that lingered outside Helovia could be found there and those with a hunger for mystery could be found lingering at the water’s edge.

When at last the heavy berth of the beach stretched long before them, the wolf and his Queen moved effortlessly onto the snow-covered sands. Despite the chill and despite the season itself, the sands moved beneath their heavy steps, soothing and relaxed, as if a calming heat existed just beneath the blanket of white. Romul pranced about, heedless of Essetia’s anxiety for the endless lengths of the ocean, and yipped and snarled not unlike he once had as a pup. The new, young sleuth had taken to the ocean’s brink, or what was left of it, and stared longingly toward the horizon, hoping for answers to the question of her future in Helovia. She’d become something of a brooding mess since arriving in the Throat. Everything she’d been promised and everything that she’d taken now felt so empty. What did titles do for the title-less?

Even as she watched openly the wide boundary of the realm that trapped her with her past, she felt oddly at home with her wondering. For once, her loneliness was nothing more than an idea… She’d escaped it. She was on the mend. That was all any of them could ask for anymore.

count: 439
tag: @[Cheveyo]
Image -- Coding

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO
give me faith when I fall

Clouds of steam rushed from flared nostrils as my limbs began to collect themselves beneath me, the snow covered beach rested before me. The soft white blended effortlessly into the dangerously dark ice that coated only the shallowest parts of the ocean, quickly giving way to the frigid depths that would swallow all of the warmth from a body in a seconds time. Orchids traveled the expanse of the beach while a shiver raced up, down, and all over my painted frame at the thought of the below freezing water even touching me. I hardly entered the water in the warmer seasons, who was crazy enough to even think about venturing out there these days?
Surely Helovia had some kind of crazy that would be more than willing to go for a swim right now, just for the hell of it. I was not that kind of crazy, nor did I ever plan on being that kind of crazy. A snort blasted from red rimmed nostrils as my yellow painted hooves struck out to tear through the drifts of snow once again, the sand resting beneath the thick layer of snow shifted, leaving a reminder of the warmer days that were soon to come. The corners of my rosy kissers turned up into a smirk as I thought fondly of the days when all would be warm and the great Sun would be beating down upon our backs in his loving way. Sun kissed harks flicked forwards, pulling themselves from the tangles of blonde tresses that grew along my spinal cord when the frame of the off white canine and his bay companion caught my attention.
Strange I wasn't the only one enjoying the cold, peacefulness of the Endless Blue today. Orchids settled easily on the duo who stood on what would be a sand dune if not covered in a thick blanket of snow, it seemed like the were watching the ocean but the canine had a nervous sort of energy about him as if he wished he was racing in and out of the waves rather than standing still. Maybe I had stumbled across a few of the strange individuals that enjoyed risking their lives in the cold brine, whereas sane characters would wait until the sun's rays had warmed the green-blue water. Trotting closer to the duo, I stop a safe distance from them, not wanting to feel the wrath of the canine's teeth against my flesh at this time. "Beautiful, isn't it?" A gentle smile picked up the edges of my velvets as I regarded the bonded pair carefully.

"blah blah blah."
Tag:: @[Essetia]
Words:: Four Hundred and Thirty Four
OOC:: Sorry it sucks D:

Image by The-Ripple-Effect @ DA

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
The heavy thudding of hooves upon the snow-touched sands became apparent long before the creature herself. Romul was the first to turn his molten gaze her way, allowing Essetia to prepare herself for the inevitable approach and introduction. However, her attention never came to fruition and it never quite came to be swayed by the glorious mustang and her war paint. Instead, her stare remained fixed on the horizon and whatever inkling of livelihood existed there.

She’d always wanted to know what lay just beyond the waters and Essetia imagined it to be an alternate world, opposite Helovia. Perhaps there were warlords or peacemakers or prophets… It didn’t matter so much as to what they were, but only that they were, and that the young sleuth could even fathom them at all. Helovia had been home to her since birth, even if she’d travelled outside its vast borders in search of purpose and the shadowed ghosts of her father’s namesake. She’d uncovered nothing but loneliness of course and had returned to her native lands, a broken subject to her faith. The thought made her bitter and before she allowed herself the treasures of company, she shook free her pains and her heartache. It had happened so long ago and it had burdened her throughout her adolescent life until she could no longer carry its weight. It was time to let it go… but not so easy to do.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

Her words hadn’t come as a shock to the bay and for a time she let them simmer in her mind, an omen. “Beautiful because it’s unchanging I suppose,” she answered lightly, breathily. The sea had always been just the way it was now; she could come to the shore and find it just the same in the summer, aside from natural erosion and decline. But, there was more to her ideas than just the physical properties of the ocean, because the ocean itself was always the same. It would always heave onto the shore, eager for a taste of the sand and the sun, and then it would recede… a cycle that went on endlessly.

Slowly, the mare turned to face her visitor upon the beach. She was a wild looking creature with locks that appeared to be bleached by the sun. Her coat was decorated in red and blue, personal markings perhaps, and her hooves were dipped in yellow. Essetia had never seen such an image before and somehow it made her think of vast open plains, where one could run as far and as hard as they desired. “I’m Essetia,” the bay finally proffered. “And this is Romul,” she said while motioning down at the wolf with a tilt of her head. Many things were unchanging, she thought absently, but she certainly wasn’t one of them.

count: 466
tag: @[Cheveyo]
Image -- Coding

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

My sudden presence didn't seem to affect the bay mare and her pale companion, his molten gaze turned to lock on me while she remained unmoved, staring out to sea. Orchids pulled away from their silhouettes to follow their lead, maybe there was something I was missing out in the dark brine. Unlike many of those that were born and raised Helovians, I had no desire to see what the rest of the world held, my memories from everything outside the Threshold were dark and blood filled. Of course, some of the time I was the reason for the blood shed and gore, but I didn't go unpunished for my actions. Night terrors still occasionally took over my mind and robbed me of the peace and quite that should come along with sleep.

I had been the first to speak, and met once again by the sound of ice cracking as waves crashed through the thin layer. For a moment I contemplated turning and walking away from the duo that I had interrupted and heading back into the main land where I wouldn't have to stand the strong stench of salt in the air. The world had another plan for me though, for just as I was about to make my exit the mare's voice danced into the ocean's wintry breeze. "Beautiful because it is unchanging, I suppose." Orchids moved curiously back to the bay, who seemed to have come here to mull over the purpose of life. Sun kissed harks flicked back as the gears in my mind began to move, trying to understand how the bay saw the ocean as unchanging. Everything about it was different, every day the water was different, moved from other parts of the world or added to from the sky. There was always something new about it, from the way that it hit the beach to the particles that formed it, but I kept my mouth shut. Maybe thinking the ocean was unchanging was what kept this mare from jumping off of the nearest cliff, and I wouldn't be the one to lead her to her death.

Luckily my silence seemed almost natural as the white faced bay turned to look at me for the first time in our short meeting. I could already hear the questions about the markings bubbling forth as her pale eyes took in all of the markings that weren't passed on to me from my parent's genetic pool. "I'm Essetia, and this is Romul." She introduced herself and the white lupine, not once mentioning the origin of my oddities, a smile crept across my rose hued kissers as my white washed skull lowered in a greeting. "It is a pleasure Essetia, and Romul." I spoke, orchids flicking to each one as their names flowed forth from my vocal chords. "I am Cheveyo, my soul travels alone for the time being. Although, I hope to change that one day soon." I rambled on a little bit, maybe once I had someone to share my thoughts with things would be a little different and social situations wouldn't be quite so horrid. But for now, I would remain awkward, sometimes offensively quite or talkative but always awkward. Trying to keep the conversation going, since I was the one to have started it in the first place I decided to move back to the thought of the ocean being unchanging. "Do you truly believe the ocean is unchanging?" I knew the bay was younger than myself, but surely she was wise enough to realize that there was nothing unchanging in the world. Everything had some kind of changes it would forgo in it's lifetime.

"Words."
Tag;; @Essetia
Words;; Six Hundred and Fifteen
OOC;; Sorry this took me so long <3

Cheveyo

i've got thick skin, and an elastic heart

x - x

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!