the Rift

[OPEN] Sapphire Daydreams

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

Eden stood motionless in the frozen arch. That was as far as she was willing to go from the Basin; at least for now. She considered the Basin her family. Her last family had slipped through her hooves in the blink of an eye. She didn't want a repeat of that situation. She felt as though if she went too far away from the Basin then it would disappear. It was an irrational fear that she would tell no one, ever, but regardless, it was what she felt.
Oh, gods, her feelings. Eden's feelings were all over the place. She had fallen in love with the crisp, cold air of the Basin, but she needed to be alone. Constantly being with others exhausted her. She felt obligated to put on a different face for her herdmates. She did her best to look perfect, head held high and a smile on her light ashen lips. She wanted to be a decoration; ignored, but appreciated.
But the way Eden acted within the Basin's borders were not quite the real her. She was skittish and wanted to help, to be a part of something. Why couldn't she? Why was she so shy?
The mare's shoulders slumped at the thought of her own weakness. At least she was trying now. She had joined a herd, after all, which wasn't something she would normally even consider since it requires meeting new horses.
Eden decided not to think about it for the time being. She did not particularly enjoy depressing thoughts like that. She let her golden gaze wander up to the ceiling above her. The ice colored the light inside the arch sapphire, turning her coat a similar color. She tried to smile, thinking of the blue color that painted the morning sky after sunrise. This was her daybreak. Her sunrise, joining of the Basin, had come and gone. Now she needed to decide if the rest of her daylight was going to be stormy or have clear weather.
Eden sighed at the thought of her future. She had spent half her life searching for her family, but she had found them. What was she to do now?

"blah blah blah."

For @[Caleb] :)

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
He had spent many days in solitude with Henrietta here, listening to the howl of the wind at the entrance of this ice-cave he had grown fond of. Today, he wanted solitude, thus he moved towards the Arch, his loyal hound at his side, moving the same speed as him. The beast's bond with Henrietta seemed strong, so strong that he could feel her emotions. Caleb would know if she were angry, upset, jubilant, docile, anything. The titan was sure she felt his emotions, too. Despite that, they had formed some quiet language and they spoke only with their body language. To others, it may appear they have the same soul, each getting half, and due to their magical bond, that wasn't entirely false, but their bond hadn't developed completely yet. Without taking into account their soul-bond, they still had some sort of connection, like thinking the same things and handling issues the same. Caleb and Henrietta are two peas in a pod, kindred souls.

Ivory-marked cranium hung low, nostrils centimeters from dragging along the white snow as his muscled body was only feet from slipping into the privacy of the Arch. However, the beast and his hound halted at the sound of shuffling hooves, his head rising to a regal position, high and proud. Steel orbs inspect the cave and find that a mare has had the same idea to come to this spot. Wordlessly, Caleb enters the cave, not bothering asking if he can join her because he knows he can, knows that she doesn't own this land. Grunting, he halts in front of her, feathered leonine tail writhing behind his ass that was barely past the entrance. Chin reels inwards to his broad chest, neck arching in response, causing his muscles to bulge under satin ebony fleece. Pupil-less eyes are glued on her, watching her with scorching intensity. By no means was she a short, but her height did not surpass his. A ghost of a smile traces his lips, a smile that says politeness, openness, welcomeness, when all he feels is cold and dead, like the snow surrounding them. Beneath his intense gaze and ghost smiles, is a primal and dominant beast that will come into your life then obliterate it, claiming you as his. His. Caleb is far from repulsive. In fact, the sharp edges of his chiseled features are assembled attractively, and the bulging muscles that cover his entire frame are alluring, too, but what may be his most breathtaking feature are those eyes... Those eyes that scream passion, intensity, a dare to step closer, but at the same time warning. His eyes are steely, cold and hueless, but at the same time house an astonishing vibrancy.

After what seems like an eternity of him simply watching, analyzing, her, after deciphering she is attractive in an innocent, kind way, he speaks. "I am Caleb and the hound is Henrietta, who are you?" Baritone voice is brutally masculine as he demands her name in a dominant, confident way. Everything about him screams I'm dangerous, but at the same time, wouldn't you want to find out more about the dark and brooding stallion that had come to Helovia from a land never herd before? Wouldn't you like to unveil his secrets, gain his trust and perhaps one day love? Though you may learn a secret or two, Caleb doesn't do love. He fucks, roughly and wildly, for one night only- claiming you as his mare, a treasured possession. Yet still, despite that, past those frigid facades he wears, is truly an exceptional stallion with quirks and quips. He feels compassion, lust, jealousy, protectiveness, almost everything. Everything but love.

@[Eden] Caleb was weird in this post, I just wrote without stopping xD it'll get better :p

prissy

E D E N

"I am Caleb and the hound is Henrietta, who are you?"

Eden almost jumped out of her skin. A male voice, definitely. She guessed equine. He sounded vaguely cocky. The silvery mare took a deep breath before whirling around to face the stallion who had approached her, golden eyes uncertain and timid. She almost wished she hadn't, for the sight that lay before her was perplexing.
The unfamiliar stallion reminded Eden of a scavenging raven. Caleb was taller than herself, which was unusual. She was by no means short. He had an alabaster face, and a black coat, adorned by a set of wings, horns and a leonine tail. She had never seen a horse with wings and a horn before. This fact was why Eden decided not to avoid her fears.
The mare flicked her ears back and pulled her head up. The stallion seemed comfortable in his spot. What if he had been there for a while, watching her as she gazed at simple ice? Would he think she's crazy?
Eden could feel her cheeks grow warm at the thought. She let her golden gaze drop to the dog. Strange how he had named it. She had never had such a connection with another animal before. She looked back up at Caleb, choosing her words carefully. "Eden. You have wings and a horn. How? And your hound, how did you train it to follow you and stay by your side? Where did you even find a dog in this - this, Helovia? Are you a native to this land?" The words poured from her light ashen lips like an avalanche. As she spoke her features let up, looking more curious than uncertain. She found herself genuinely interested in the stallion. Perhaps he knew more of Helovia than she did - he might just be able to teach her something. He had a horn, after all. That was enough to make her feel comfortable enough to talk to him. Or at least gush out a few questions.

"blah blah blah."

@[Caleb] ahh so was Eden, I'm still figuring her out ^^;

The rumbling voice of Caleb seems to surprise the skittish mare, causing her to spin to face him, eyes falling on him then his hound. He eyes her himself, taking note of her proud horn aureate eyes. Cloven hoof rests on a cloven tip, exuding a relaxed aura. His ears twitch forwards, her words filtering into his dark ears. Eden, she begins. In the folds of his mind, Caleb places the word paradise with eden. Is there a specific meaning behind her name? With curiosity peaked, he continues to listen. You have wings and a horn. How? His head rises upwards, a deep laugh escaping his velvet lips. Words continue tumbling from her lips, questioning the bitch by his side, her training, and then his origins. Silently, he notes that her questions are scattered, not following one chain of thought, but many. "Well met, Eden," he begins, rich voice velvet from his lips. "You ask many questions. Let's play a sort of," pausing for a moment, he seems deep in though, conjuring up an idea in his mind. "Game," he finishes. "You can ask me one question, then I'll ask you one." A negotiation of sorts. For Eden to acquire the answers she seeks, she'll have to answer a few of his own questions. "To answer your first question, I'm a hybrid. Half pegasus, half unicorn. Composed by horses of different species." The answer is sufficient, he believes, so he begins to think of what question he desired to ask.

Misty breath clouds by his nostrils with each exhale. His eyes glanced around the cave momentarily before focusing once more on her. Henrietta moves to lay down at the side of the cave, her back pressed against the walls as her eyes shut and she drifts off into a peaceful sleep. Still focused solely on Eden, he voiced his question. "What herd do you live in?" If she answered truthfully, perhaps then, Caleb would be pleased to have met another Basin horse. And then perhaps he'd follow up with a question about her rank or something similar. In all honesty, the stallion just wanted a calm conversation, one that wasn't heated with sexual tension. He didn't want to flirt or seduce. He wanted to be himself, even though on some deep and quiet level, he is scared of himself.

he's a dark road with lots of dangerous curves,
but when the sun goes down he's one hell of a ride

prissy

E D E N

He laughed. The stallion was humored by her. Eden furrowed her brow slightly at this, her questioning gaze never leaving his. Then he proposed a game. The light ashen mare's eyes widened at the prospect. She and her brother had played many games as children, but that time was long gone. She hadn't played a game in years.
"You can ask me one question, then I'll ask you one."
This was hardly a game. It was more like an activity, or a past-time. She wasn't a fan of those. Well, if he could decide that she was to take part in his game, then she could decide on a new rule. Or two.
Eden raised her head to her full height, golden gaze glimmering and a small smile dancing across her lips. "All right. But a game needs a winner and a loser. If either of us fail to answer the question asked of us, then it's game over for that horse. They lose. Also, if one of us lies in our answer and the other catches on, then that horse loses for being a shitty liar," The mare stated, pleased with her new rules. Now the game would be more fun. All it needed was prizes. "If I win, I get to have you be my personal servant for a day," Eden smirked. Caleb was tall, and had wings. This meant he could reach stuff way higher than she could.
"To answer your first question, I'm a hybrid. Half pegasus, half unicorn. Composed by horses of different species."
Eden found this intriguing. She had obviously never met a hybrid before. She decided they had to be a rare sight if she'd never seen one before now. Her eyes flickered to the dog as it began to settle down and doze off. The creature fascinated her. Her golden gaze trailed back to the dog's owner as he asked his question.
"What herd do you live in?"
Piece of cake.
"I live in the Aurora Basin," Eden replied confidently. She prided the fact that she belonged to the Basin and said it's name without hesitation. "Now your dog. How did you find her?" The mare's features were quizzical. Her Lord, Thranduil, had a companion - what was it? A deer creature or something. Was this a similar situation?

"blah blah blah."

@[Caleb]

The mare Eden, is receptive to his option of a game, but she quickly offers her own suggestions as far as improvements to it, declaring that there will be a winner and a loser. A smirk tugs at his lips, liking that idea a fair amount. The beast knew that he would win, his competitiveness would not allow a loss. She conjures up two rules, both simple. 1: If you cannot answer, you lose. 2: If you lie and the other calls bullshit, you lose. He nodded his approval. Silently, he wondered what the prize was going to be. Eden must have thought the same thing, for she quickly thought up a prize, something invaluable- servitude for 24 hours, or at least that is what she desired if she beat the stallion. "If I win, you have to be my personal servant for 24 hours," he concluded. The reasons he wanted her to be his servant were intimate, sexual, but he was almost sure this made would never let him do what he actually wanted. Would she? Eden seemed... not like that. She was attractive, very attractive, but she seemed like the type to wait, and wait, and wait. The dark shadow man did not understand waiting. She would not get pregnant if she was not in heat. Still, some mares would say no, and Caleb would respect that, he always would.

After his answer, came his question. Without thought, he got an answer. Caleb decided he would need to step up the level of hardness in his question. Now that there was a prize on the line, he wanted to win. Then again, the idea of being her servant wasn't a bad one. Perhaps it was win-win. She is from the Aurora Basin. He had been hearing that name a lot. "Perhaps one day I will join the Aurora Basin." In time, he eventually would join and become a warrior, but at this point of time, he was a simple outcast. Now your dog. How did you find her? This question was complicated, and Caleb was not even sure why Henrietta followed him, why they felt as if they were tethered together. His steel gaze falls on his bitch, his mind thinking up an answer. "I found an egg and after some time Henrietta hatched. I was thoroughly shocked, but didn't question it. Now she sticks around... It's as if I'm her mom." Shoulders rolled in an awkward thud.

"What is one thing you wish you could undo from you past?" The question is intriguing. Mistakes are very difficult to understand and admit. If she tells him one thing she could undo that she did in the past, this would definitely make things interesting. Perhaps the pair could grow closer from this. He wonders if this will become I'll tell you a secret, if you tell me one.

he's a dark road with lots of dangerous curves,
but when the sun goes down he's one hell of a ride
@[Eden]

prissy

E D E N

The light ashen mare smirked as Caleb nodded. She was slowly, but surely, gaining her confidence around the behemoth of a stallion. She was more than pleased with his acceptance of her rules. It evened out the scores. Perhaps she'd work her way up to being more assertive. To her, it was all just a game. Introduce yourself as weak, even the ground a bit, then slowly start calling the shots till you're the dominant one. It was like putting a frog in warm water then turning up the heat slowly till it boils to death. It was deceiving, entertaining, and a game she oh so rarely lost.
Eden nodded at his chosen prize, deeming it only fair. Now that she had goals to live up to, the mare was determined not to lose. She especially didn't want to be this stallion's servant. It wasn't that he ugly or rude, she just opposed the thought. She didn't know him too well, but judging from how she was obviously weaker than him she decided his intentions were most likely unfavorable for herself. No matter, she would win anyways.
The mare listened intently to Caleb as he answered her own question. She was genuinely interested in the hound. "I found an egg and after some time Henrietta hatched. I was thoroughly shocked, but didn't question it. Now she sticks around... It's as if I'm her mom."
"Intriguing," Eden noted, eyeing the hound. Perhaps she would have a companion someday. She wouldn't want a dog, though. She wasn't sure how it would survive in the Basin or how pleasant it would smell.
"What is one thing you wish you could undo from you past?"
Eden's eyes widened, her bottom lip falling slightly in thought. Her golden gaze moved from the hound to Caleb, eyeing him suspiciously. She hadn't expected the question especially whilst she was still thinking about Henrietta. The light ashen mare regained her composure, but stayed silent as she formulated an answer. A wave of emotions hit her as she thought back to the day she ran from her family while they were in danger. Wouldn't she change that? But if she did, would she be in Helovia today? She grit her teeth together as she turned her gaze back to Caleb. "I don't wish to undo anything. My mistakes have made me who I am and led me here. But if that answer doesn't satisfy you, then if I had to, I would wish to undo the day I left my family." She didn't display any emotion upon her alabaster features as she answered his question and her voice lacked any as well. She felt almost content with herself knowing she wouldn't change anything. Her life wasn't so bad. The acceptance of it felt satisfying.
The mare flicked her light gray tail, a smile creeping onto her lips, signifying she was moving on. "All right. Now, what was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?" She said simply, a devious gleam in her golden gaze. This wasn't too difficult to answer, that she knew, but it was turning up the heat a bit. If he lasted a few more rounds, this frog would be boiling.

"blah blah blah."

@[Caleb]

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode