the Rift

Whisper of Death

DeStefano Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
DeSTEFANO
you are waiting in vain

A shiver traveled up my spine that was slowly becoming enveloped in the light powdery snow that came with the season. Steam rolled from flared nostrils while dark limbs made their way gingerly through the thick drifts of snow, with each step a pinch of pain would travel through my nervous system forcing flesh to shake and quiver. Broken ribs were no fucking joke, but at least I felt I was far enough away from danger now that I could stop running on them. "Cazzo." The language that was so familiar on my tongue rolled into the frigid air easily while stormy pools moved effortlessly around the clearing I had found myself in.

Maybe here would be a good place to stop and think before racing off into whatever wilderness this strange land had to offer. As soon as I stepped into the thickly treed area a buzz of magic had filled the air, taking up whatever space this snow storm wasn't and making it a little hard to breath. Like the injuries I had sustained from that horrible mistake hadn't been enough to deal with but now I found myself alone in a strange land in the middle of winter. Cazzo was right. If the weather and my physical state had been on my side, things would be looking much brighter. A new place meant new job opportunities, more hearts to break and new sights to see. All of which caused a new shiver to pass over my thickly muscled frame, only this one was brought on by sheer excitement and not so much the cold.

Dark tipped ears moved back to shield themselves against the cold in my thick mane of waves while my weight shifted back against the smooth surface of the tree behind me. Here I would rest a few moments before deciding what the next step in this great escape.

"blah blah blah."

Tag - Anyone who would like to try and bring this man home.
Words - Three Hundred and Sixteen.
Notes - Cazzo means fuck in Italian. Also, sorry it's so horrible. I am super rusty.

Image by impassioned-dreams @ DA

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
There was still so much to do. The list seemed endless with all the little details she should be fulfilling. She should be recruiting, but also sparring, and not to mention maybe making a few friends. It didn't seem like a lot, but when she tried to shove them all into one little box, it seemed like an endless mountain of work. Speaking of work...

'WAKE UP!' The all to familiar voice was screaming in her head and bouncing along her back like she was a carnival ride. Elsa groaned, hoisting herself to her feet as the snow blanket fell off. Suddenly, she felt cold despite being rid of the snow. She shivered, and Edgar giggled as he flew onto her head and led her onwards. Sometimes, he was too good of a personal assistant when it came to making sure she was getting things done.

Today would be another trek to the Threshold. As of late, she had trouble bringing anyone back. Before the whole invasion, it had been simple. Most of the time, she was the only one to arrive. Now, it seemed like the entire world was focused solely on the Threshold. A wave of others would join, using their charms to infatuate the dreamers and the lost. Maybe she had lost her touch, but Elsa just wasn't all touchy feely anymore. It was bad to lie about how great everything was just to bring in another body. Anyone who said Helovia was one hundred percent beautiful was a liar. Either that, or they were delusional.

As they reached the outskirts of the Threshold, Edgar took off into the flight. He dodged around tree trunks as he quickly searched the immediate area for anyone nearby. Soon enough, he spotted a grey equine meandering about. Like a torpedo, he returned, guiding Elsa to the spot that he had seen the man. It was a short walk, and upon arrival, Elsa dipped her head as she approached. "Hello there! My name is Elsa, and this is Edgar, she motioned to the top of her head before continuing. "Welcome to Helovia, have you been here before?" Her ears tilted forward with interest, maybe she could skip the whole description part. She doubted it though, those who were lucky to make it out of Helovia rarely returned. Elsa looked behind her for a moment then, almost sure that someone else would swoop in. C'est la vie, someone would follow her eventually.

"their speech goes here and this is the color

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

FrostFall. Oh how I hate FrostFall. The snow banks that slowed movement, clung to my mane and tail, and packed under my hooves. With a snort, we set off. Alanna stayed behind me, concealed by my movements. Her canine sense much keener than mine, she was on alert to make sure we traveled in safety. Our destination.... The Threshold. I very rarely travel to the entry point of Helovia, as I have found not much good lurks beyond the boarders.

The trip there did not seem to take long. Once there, I began to regret coming. I had never been much of a recruiter for any herd I had ever lived in. I think Kimber was the only one I ever brought home and well... She had been different to begin with. Alanna felt the pang in her heart much like I did. But I shoved it aside. Time to find some poor soul to try and bring home. As I crunched through the snow, Alanna listened. I could feel her thinking over every little sound until... Go left. Her voice was confidant and clear in my mind.

It was only as my brown eyes saw what she had heard that I really began to regret coming here. A dapple grey man, clearly the one everyone would be after to drag home... And her, Elsa. The white bitch who gave me my two newest scars. Alanna bared her teeth silently but with my prodding quickly relaxed. Time to put on a show. Let her and her bonded act out. We are better than that. She mentally agreed as we moved to stand off to the side some, leaving plenty of space between the white witch and us should she decide to try anything. "Indeed, welcome to Helovia." My voice was calmer than I was on the inside. I was ready to react should she attack. In a way I would not blame her. We had taken her home... But clearly if she was here than she had found a new one fast enough. "I am Aaron, one of the warriors of Hidden Falls herd." I nod to my left as Alanna moved through the snow to stand between Elsa and I. "And this is my bonded Alanna." My left ear tilts slightly to listen in the direction Elsa and her bonded stood while my right was forward listening to the newcomer. "What pray tell is your name Sir?" It was a simple enough question, should he choose to answer. Right now, I was more concerned that Elsa wouldn't attack us just for being here.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Aaron
A Shepherd I Shall Be, For Thee, My Lord, For Thee
Power Hath Descended Forth From Thy Hand
That My Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Command
So I Shall Flow A river Forth To Thee
And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be
x - x

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Unregistered
DeSTEFANO
you are waiting in vain

It wasn't long before the sound of snow hitting the ground was interrupted by a large creature moving through the thick growth of these magical lands. Storm pools shifted and watched as a blue-white mare broke through the snow laden foliage, dark rimmed harks moved forward as my weight shifted back into a normal resting position, a new tinge of pain passing through my frame once more. Other than a flick from the my long tail, there was no sign that there was any kind of emotion drifting through my veins when I looked on the ghost mare. She wasn't too much shorter than my own mass of seventeen hands, but much leaner and with heavily feathered wings that sprung from her shoulder blades.

Curious creatures this land seemed to hold. I had only ever seen a pegasus in crossing, never had one waltzed up to my kind to carry on a conversation as it seemed this pale bird was planning on doing. "Hello there! My name is Elsa, and this is Edgar. Welcome to Helovia, have you been here before?" Attention turned momentarily to the strange ice bird that rested on the mare's crown before returning to meet her icy gaze. A strange land indeed. Clearing my throat before allowing heavily accented words to fall from the salmon muscle. "No, I haven't." Cazzo, speaking caused much more pain than expected. Ears shifted back once more just as another arrived through the trunks, this one with a canine by his side.

Did everyone have some kind of daemon to communicate with? I couldn't help but wonder what mine would be before the painted steed spoke up, once again interrupting the peaceful sound of snow hitting against the rest of the frozen flakes.

"Indeed, welcome to Helovia. I am Aaron, one of the warriors of Hidden Falls herd, and this is my bonded Alanna. What pray tell is your name Sir?" My focus shifted between the icy bird and the tri-colored stud as his deep voice filled the air that was growing heavy with tension washing off of the two of them. Had they been lovers? Or was there simply a disagreement between their homes that affected personal relationships? Either way, I could tell there was something between the two of them. Dark crown turned to focus fully on the short, well-built stallion for a moment or two...or maybe three before I decided to give the time of day to this Aaron. "I am DeStefano, a fuggitivo from a land far from here." Cringing inwardly as the cracked ribs forced pangs of pain to crash through my frame while speaking to the duo, but I wouldn't ask for help from these two strangers. Not while there were more important things to discover. "Does everyone here have a daemon? Or are you two something speciale?" The foreign words rolled off of my tongue with a little more force than the native words that had slipped into the bunch as I shifted my attention back between my two welcomers.

"blah blah blah."

Tag - @[Elsa]
Words - Five Hundred and Nine
Notes - Still shitty, but it's better than the last one xD

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
The universe was beginning to convince Elsa that it hated her. It had already been hard enough to face the new czar of the Edge, but now facing the actual idiot that tried to take her on? Elsa's attention flickered to Aaron, watching warily as he approached. Some wounds don't heal, but at least she had left him with a few injuries; marks she hoped he would never forget. He approached, seemingly cool, and made his own little introductions. Elsa smirked as he mentioned his job, so that's where he was? She'd pulled a complete one-eighty and went from a Mason to practically help running the whole "warrior" system at the Edge. She bit her tongue though, letting that simmer into her blood, accepting it as a silent victory. Edgar however, was just as smug as he watched the dog settle between Elsa and Aaron. 'They afraid,' he cackled inwardly. Why Else would she go out of her way to move? Even if they had lost overall, it was nice to see she had implanted unease within her opponent. Raising her head a fraction of a centimeter higher, she listened as the man spoke.

From the sound of it, this DeStefano was from elsewhere. A lingering accent in his voice gave that away, but Elsa could not tell from where he had come. She recognized some accents from her homeland, but this was completely foreign to her. DeStefano, however, seemed interested in the companions. Edgar puffed up, looking distinctly at the dog before facing DeStefano. Elsa took over then, "The companions are from abandoned mothers, and given to those who prove themselves the "worthiest". You will find though, that a good portion of Helovian's have a companion. We are special, but not exclusive." She shrugged, pausing for a moment to look at Edgar who sat grumping because he was not represented as a king. "Each companion though is different. No two are the same." There Edgar, happy? Now he was smirking again, simmering in his smug little mind.

That was not the end though, because one of his foreign words had confused her. Nodding towards DeSteffano, she hesitantly began to speak. "What is a fuggitivo?" The words twisted off the end of her tongue, sounding much less smooth in her voice. She had an idea, because it sounded a lot like the all too familiar word- fugitive. Part of her felt bad, she knew what it was like to stand in that position. It wasn't a title to be happy about. Most of the time, it was wrongly placed. "No need to explain though. It sounds like a word I am familiar with. If we happen to be thinking of the same word, that does not matter here." She offered a warm smile, extending a nod of recognition. "If you are looking for a place to stay, I can offer you a place at the World's Edge." Her voice was smaller, and she took a step back. There was no good way to inject an invite into a conversation, but Elsa wasn't about to let Aaron walk away without a fight.

"their speech goes here and this is the color"
@[Aaron]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

We remained quiet at first, listening as the knight before both Elsa and I spoke. "I am DeStefano, a fuggitivo from a land far from here." I take note of the stange accent he speaks. It's like no other i've ever heard. Elsa assumes like I do what fuggitivo must mean. He's a fuggitive. From what I do not know, nor really care to know at this time. There will be plenty of time for an explanation at a later time no matter if he goes home with her or myself. To my surprise DeStefano asks about... daemons? I glance to Elsa only to frown as I see her smirk. Does she really think she's that much better than us? I grumble to Alanna though our bond. Let her think. We may of let her win, but it did nothing in the end. The Falls were won. Let her be bitter. My own lips curl into a smirk at first and then to a smile. "What Elsa has said is mostly true. Not all are abandoned by their mothers. Some are placed in our care by the Gods or by their mother for various reasons. Each one has a different story just as each companion is different." Alanna held her head with pride. She may be a common one of her kind, by at my side she was like royalty. She was my family.

Elsa then seemed to quickly cut to the chase. Offering him a home in... Ah World's Edge. I snort softly. "Seems we traded homes then. Hope you find safety in the lands of a murderous Goddess." My lips curling into a smirk once again. I then direct my words to the dapple grey. "I to can offer you a home among those of us who call the Falls home." I pause, thinking on my hooves quickly of why he should choose to come with me over her. "The Falls is strong, led by two Czars who are both tested and proven in battle. We are one family, who looks out for the safety of each other." I pause again before going on. "However we are not the only two herds that call Helovia home. There is Dragon's Throat to the far south, and Aurora Basin to the far north. Each herd has it's own strengths and flaws, but I will leave that for you to decide. Should you wish to see the other two herd, I would be glad to accompany you as well." There. I offered him a home and made it clear that Elsa and I were not his only choices. I know the way to both the Throat and the Basin, so I could keep him company if he so wished to see either. Though I highly doubt the Basin would welcome him with open arms. Now the choice is his.

@[DeStefano]
Aaron
x - x

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Unregistered
DeSTEFANO
you are waiting in vain

Dark stained ears swiveled forwards as I listened carefully to the ghost bird's words on the origin of the daemons, at first it seemed as if the stallion was confused by my calling the non-equine creatures daemons and for a moment I grew curious as to what they were referred to in this region. Companions it seemed were fairly common throughout the lands of Helovia, a strange practice for only those who had succeeded in doing great things were allowed to bond back home. That could have just been another ploy to keep those the Boss deemed unworthy as weak as he possibly could though.

Heavily muscled shoulders rolled upwards easily into a shrug as the mare finished speaking, just as her gentle voice finished the stallion's deep one seeped into the silence to add a few key points onto the other's explanation. My skull bobbed in acknowledgement of the two as they finished speaking, now I was fully caught up on the lore of daemons companions in these lands there wasn't too much more I could learn on them from these two I assumed. There wasn't time to ask questions before the pale one spoke up again, this time a question directed towards me rather than snarky comments thrown between each other. "What is a fuggitivo?" Discomfort instantly rolled into my stomach but my expression remained stony as vocal chords prepared to allow my own words into the snow filled air. "Fugitive." The past wasn't an area I was willing to devel into for strangers though, so if any further questions were passed my way over what I was hiding from they would be iced out quicker than the bird that sat between her ivory towers.

Again the pair began speaking, this time each of them speaking of their homes. The pale bird offering a place on the edge of the world, which seemed like the worst place to hide from them at. Where would I have to run other than off of a cliff? Aaron on the other hand spoke of a land called the Hidden Falls, of course it already sounded more welcoming than the lands offered by Elsa. The fact that the paint continued speaking, offering information on the lands that neither of them resided in spoke highly of the stallion's character. He wasn't here just to bring a new warm body back to the land of falls he resided in. Stormy eyes switched to meet the warm ones of Aaron before I spoke up. "Tell me more of these Czar's of yours. Are they good leaders? Strong warriors?" I was fairly certain my mind was made up, if the paint lied I could always make him pay for his fallacies at a later date.

"blah blah blah."

Tag - @[Elsa]
Words - Four Hundred and Sixty One
Notes - Sorry it took so long dears ~

I waited, almost impatiently for the dappled stud to speak again. He had to be weighing out both of our offers, as well as the other information that I had given him. Give him time, he will decide soon. Alanna soothed in my mind. I knew she was right, but I wanted to beat Elsa out so badly. To prove that while she might of beaten me in battle, I was not as weak as she thought I was. One day, I would knock her on that ivory ass of hers and prove that I could of done it all along.

My ears jerk forward as he speaks. HA! Take that you pompus cow! I smirk, my brown eyes cutting over to glance at her as if to say 'Beat you out this time, and this won't be the last.' Quickly I regained my composure with a few nudged mentally from Alanna. "Indeed they are both good leaders and strong warriors. I have yet to see wither fall in battle. I do not know Archibald very well, but this is not the first time I have lived under his rule. Kaj has worked his way up the ranks, they both did really. But Kaj and I have been though much together. He is like my brother. You could not hope for better leaders." Okay okay, so when it came to Kaj I got a bit sappy. But it was true. Kaj had been the one to step up and defend Azale all those years ago when someone had tried to take her from us. I was struggling to survive, as I had just become the caretaker to not only her but my younger to sisters as well.

Thinking of my sisters hurt my heart, but in all reality... It was because of them that Kaj was more than just my leader. He was my brother. He had protected Azale when I could not. He had lead everyone to safey while I stayed behind to find those who were straggling when we had to go to the caves. He was there when I had returned after running my sisters from Helovia, thinking it as safer away from the caves and darkness... Only to lose them all for different reasons. It was for Kaj, that I now tried to hold fast as a warrior. To prove to him, and everyone else that I could be strong.

@[Elsa] @[DeStefano] - figured i'd tag you both since it's been so long. Also figured i'd try to wrap this up so he could move on from the threshold
Aaron
x - x

Et Spiritus Sancti

Unregistered
DeSTEFANO
you are waiting in vain

It seemed that the pale bird had grown tired of our banter and fell silent, a spectator as the painted steed spoke of his leaders with high regard. Although I couldn't blame her for her silence, it would have been quite rude for her to speak up when there was no question directed her way. Mares were better off seen and not heard quite often, luckily this one was no exception. She was pretty, in a rough sense, not one that I would have brought home to meet my mother for fear that she would have a heart attack over the scars and lack of an eye. But for a romp under the willows, or anywhere, she could probably have proven to be quite fun, sadly that wasn't what I was looking for at the time. 

I needed a purpose, not a fuck. Pale pools shifted away from the bird's luminescent feathers and focused instead on the dark eyes of the stallion who was once again speaking on behalf of his Kings. "Indeed they are both good leaders and strong warriors. I have yet to see wither fall in battle. I do not know Archibald very well, but this is not the first time I have lived under his rule. Kaj has worked his way up the ranks, they both did really. But Kaj and I have been through much together. He is like my brother. You could not hope for better leaders." Stony harks flicked in his direction as I mulled over his words, a few of them falling on deaf ears as my mind attempted to translate things into something I could better understand. But regardless, the point got across, the two stallions who ruled over the lands were strong and just. It was strange that two stallions lead the herd, but maybe it would just make the herd stronger rather than tear us apart with the drama that the females tend to cause.

Lowering my darkened muzzle I nodded in the stallion's, Aaron, direction before turning back to the pale bird, Elsa. A frown tugged ever so gently at the corners of charcoal stained kissers as my deep words took over the sound of snow hitting snow. "Thank you for your time Elsa. I hope your next trip here winds up more fruitful." Content that I had not been horribly rude to the mare I took a step closer to the feathered, in a different sense, stallion. "Lead the way fratello." Here, my adventure in these strange lands would begin.

"blah blah blah."

Tag - @Aaron
Words - 425
Notes - we can call this closed up and if you wanna get them a thread going at the Falls that would be awesome :3