the Rift

Fires burn riddles into the snow

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

With its wintery orange, the sunlight reflected its light into the crystal crusts of snow growing from shadowed rooms, hidden between the huge boulders forming the island. While she enjoyed the sun's cool warmth embracing her face, Maren watched the low stance of the dissolved winter sun. Even now, at the peak of the coldest season, it was mostly the wind that was cold, and now and then it took a sweep at the Fire, made the flames dance close to the ground before they jumped back towards the sky again. But it took the never-ending smoke away without a cringe and the diviners pale hair danced along as she watched the smoke disappear from her vision.

The salty stench of the beach filled her cloudy nose as her thoughtful eyes watched the uncomfortable sea. Restless and uneasy, as if a reflection of her own mind. And yet it was not the Fires that made her uneasy, nor was it the wind taking the smoke as easily as a predator grabbing a rabbit's neck. It was more the winter depression that had been sailing the waters of her mind, created waves of ruin to pull down ships of nostalgia into the darkness as she got remembered of her home, every time a snowflake leaped down her vision to a frozen world. It wasn't relevant anymore, she knew that. And yet, today — at the peak of this silent, frostbitten world — there was nothing much else to think about. It was more than a sinking ship in the back of her mind, it was like a weight pulling also her down, as she realized the winter made her longingly nostalgic for the cream-dipped mountains in the north. Her north.

So she swallowed as she watched the sea and tasted its suddenly foreign-tasting salt. Can I handle this changing of seasons and can I handle its loneliness, she wondered as the caress of heartache found her. And she felt the frozen touch of somewhere she knew she couldn't be anymore.

The humming of her heart pulsed along like a clockwork when she looked up at the Fire, still dancing (always dancing). She stepped towards it, golden glimmering eyes reflecting like little globes. She breathed in the smoky air that had replaced the salty taste and she knew she would wait for the Fire to show her visions until the smoke would completely fill her lungs. She knew this was her task as diviner — she knew passing on the visions she saw to her Sultan and Sultana was what was entrusted to her, but today, more then anything she wanted to feel the dripping of something melting — to burn the nostalgia away.

And she was glad that she at least had the sun's embrace to feel her, the fire's warmth to warm her. And with its gentle touch roses were growing were she hadn't been before in reflections leaning against the still waters of her mind as the brightness in the heart of the fires stained her vision.

@[Random Event]
Notes: Fire-watching, open (:
by yewrezz
Please tag me 

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The fire crackles and burns but no images appear. It has told you all that it has to say...

...for now.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago,
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

The tossing, the turning and the excruciating wait to see faces of old etched a permanent line of distress across Sacre’s young face. He wasn’t alone, but he felt alone. Summer had gone, the hues of vibrant orange had lost their vigour somewhat, leaving winters cold touch in unsaturated splashes and a wind colder than he was used to. Once upon a time, when Sacre had been a colt of the Basin, he used to dread the coming of winter. The blizzards in the mountains made them almost impassable and stopped him from exploring further than the bleak, icy realm. Now the cold air only served as a reminder of a Frostfall prison. Free. That’s all he had wanted to be. Now he was bound to an island, cut off from the world beyond unless you had a key, unless you had permission. Nature had not adorned him in wings, nature had not thought it necessary and yet they meddled with her ways, changing the landscape and those who inhabit it, as if they knew better. It was enough to question his own sense of ‘freeness’, but life had put affable faces before him and to those souls he was bound. To those souls he would serve and protect. No longer the wanderer of the wilds, but a craftsman of the orange south. A land he had grown a strong affinity with, despite their isolation.

He travelled across the canyon land with little neither aim nor goal, his youthful blue eyes drifting over the cold snow that touched the once warm land, though he knew it was much colder north. Eventually, his thoughtless wondering brought him to a familiar figure and a flickering fire. The wings on her head still cutely sprouted from behind her ears whilst the marks of a tiger gashed proudly on her fur, where the mahogany red touched the cold alabaster.

"Hey Maren!" Sacre called when he was a few strides away to the side of her. The yellow-eyed mare had brought him back and the colt hadn’t forgotten. "Thank you for last time… For bringing me home" he garnished her in his bright boyish smile as he dipped his head in thanks. Inari and Ríona dipped their vulpine heads too as they lingered by his side.

Finally, he turned to the crackling fire to pose his last curious question. "What are you doing?" Wasn’t this the fire of the Diviner? Was she trying to summon the Sun God?

@[Maren] hope you don't mind me jumping in ^^

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

Like crystals they gleamed, shredding mouthfuls of ashes into the air and her dusty mind. But they were soundless and held nothing in their silence for her eyes to see. Brightness flickered in her lit up eyes, reflecting nostalgia and an awaiting patience as she felt her disturbed thoughts soften and melt away the longer she stood. The flames danced. Wild and liquid and bright and only ever equal in the movements off their shadows, so easily lost. Just like her, perhaps — if it hadn't been for the warmth of the flames that embraced her in their divinity from the claws of an icy winter wind.

Maren stood silent as a statue as the smoke in the air cringed up above and around her. Only her long soft mane fell into the tangles of the winds. Then, suddenly a sound reached her from away and the diviner fell out of her meditation. With the irritation not showing on her face — but cringing like snakes under her skin — she turned around to see who's voice had so sound-fully greeted the uneasy being she was at the moment.

On her retina still dripped the heart of the flames, even though she had moved her eyes away from them. Still, she hadn't tried to blink them away immediately as his voice resounded in her ears again. After the candles before her eyes slowly faded she now noticed the contrasting unicorn-figure of Sacre against the stark and grey hued supposed-to-be-desert background. But she felt her irritation and frustration sink away a little bit by the sight of her kin, but still felt a weight pressing on her. She didn't feel like moving away from the (her) fire, for the sting of rudeness that had come from him from thoughtlessly disturbing her, hadn't stopped tickling her insides. Which explained why her winter-fluffed alabaster ears were also still hanging a bit to the sides; not entirely inviting. Burgundy shaded, golden flickering eyes but forever silent wandering in search for his.

"Sacre", she said, a bit sweeter and welcoming than she felt. But there was this icy voice in her head that told her she wanted him to leave; a thought completely in stride with one of her New Principles (caring), so she shot the Bird of hate dead from the skies of her complicated mind and rebelliously turned the corners of her lips upwards.

Feeling the words on her lips, she almost asked if he needed something, like she would've any other day, but today was different. Today she didn't really wanted him to need anything from her, so she refused to ask. However, as his following question stung her for a second time, a frown appeared around her eyes.

What am I doing...? It was such a weird question to be asked, for it made so much sense to her; what she was doing — what her life consisted of. She glanced at his blue-blue eyes from under her thick lashes and blew out a thoughtful cloud of mist as she wondered how he would like his question to be answered. "I am worshiping our God, waiting for messages, visions He wishes to show me — or not." The tigermare waited for a bit as she watched the cloud of mist leaving her nose evaporate slowly. Her head felt lightheaded from the smoke she had inhaled. "Meditating," she finally decided to add a bit vaguely and in a softer voice, just in case the mention of the Gods would upset the stallion. As if the one word would also evaporate all she had said before. These times were, after all, questionable ones for those not certain of their path of belief; their place in faith. But she was interested in his opinion, his reaction — would there be one.

She took a breath of fresh air to hopefully get rid of the lightheadedness as she stepped out of the circle of warmth, smoke; letting go of the embrace. "Like I said then, bringing you home was simply one of my duties," she added shushing his could-be guilt. But suddenly she felt a rush of... awkwardness, talking to him, something she couldn't explain. Is my rainfall of troubled thoughts showing on my face, she thought, for a moment shocked, deepening the grooves in the frown hooding her eyes.

Then again, perhaps it wasn't her. The mare looked up at the stallion from her inner chaos as she tilted her head a tiny bit. "Are you alright?" The diviner questioned, not a doctor.

@[Sacre]
Notes: Yesss :D sorry it took so long, was on vacation! Poor timing ^^"
by yewrezz
Please tag me 

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago,
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

He stood and waited; a simple wisp of a young stallion whose long black mane tangled around his protruding red horn and caressed a pair of eyes, that watched the holy mare with a growing unease. She neither invited him nor pushed him away and, instead, left him in the strange and bewildering abyss that was the awkwardness of acquaintance. Not yet friend enough to risk edging into her territory, but not quite strangers that it was okay for him to ignore the fact that she was there, in front of him. It also hadn’t crossed his mind that interrupting her rites and musings was over zealous of him, his infernal nosiness often getting the better of wise consideration making him often appear boisterous and… well… quite annoying really. Instead, he stood there with a boyish grin and a posture of bright openness, awaiting her illustrious response to his rather oddly formed and vague question. The Diviner was in front of the diviners fire ’what are you doing?’ he had asked. Sometimes one and one didn’t quite make two in Sacre’s vivacious mind.

His name fell from her chalk-lathered lips and that was all it took to unfurl his infectious smile in response. At least she had remembered that much about him. The stallion took a strange moment of joy in the matter as he dipped his head in humble response. The obvious answer came soon after and the answer was of their God and her wishes to contact him. The Sun God? Even though he lived in the fire deity’s lands, Sacre had never once come across the Sun God in his travels, only the Moon and the Earth. Not even the Time God, whose land he had previously lived in, had ever appeared before him.

What a peculiar coincidence.

“Have you met him often… Our God?” He asked with great curiosity. “I would like to meet him one day, perhaps, though I don’t know what I’d say” he laughed. What did one say to a God? It seemed somewhat shameful to always ask them for things, but did they have personal lives too? Was it odd or even wrong to ask a God 'how was your day?' Sacre decided he would quite like to ask the Gods about their day, for some reason, it seemed the answer would be more interesting than any other question. What did an immortal creator do for dinner? Do they even eat dinner? Do they eat? If so, what? If everything from the ground to the sky is theirs… Does it not get boring?

He was brought back from his thoughts by Maren’s voice “yes” he blurted in sudden response before he frowned to consider it properly. Why did she ask that? Did he look… Not alright?. “I- uh- I mean I’m fine thank you” he stumbled to rephrase his answer to not sound ridiculously rude.

“Are you?” He asked in return after a moment to regain his composure and not entirely sure what the situation was.

@Maren <333

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!