the Rift

Dancing Trees [any]

Artillery Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You're here for one reason and no reason at all. You couldn't seem to find a home that fit, so you decided to jump from place to place, not taking too much interest in the area you decided to inhabit for a few months. You didn't stay too long in one herd. You jumped around from place to place, never looking back like it was easy. Of course it had grown easy over time, but you were used to it. It reminded you of the Pirates, not staying in one place too long.

You told no one of your past or what you hoped your future would be. You wished to kill yourself on multiple occasions but Avery's words whispered in your ear always stopped you.

"You're weak."

He'd whisper. You'd backed away from the noose. It wasn't easy, but you knew he was right.
So today you stumble through an abyss of lonely mixed with snow, wind pushing at you from all sides. You decided to touch down in a small ditch in the forest you'd been searching through for a possible home. The hole could probably only fit three others. At least there was enough room to spread your wings. You felt sick from the flight. The wind and the trees rocking to the beat, a slow and horrible dance. Like they could fall down at any second. You decide to rest here a while until the wind dies down and the snow falls away into still landscape.

Maybe a couple dancing trees here and there.

"talk"
ooc:: Hello! Anyone may join, but I'm tagging @[Rohan] because we made arrangements. <3 Also I still can't figure out what herd she is going to join, so whoever comes.. :)

A - R - T - I - L - L - E - R - Y

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
I'd rather kiss the ground,
Than kiss a starless sky

Cloven hooves and furry paws charted a path northwards, the air getting cooler the further they travelled. The two vulpines took to hunting along the way, Inari teach Ríona the ups and downs of catching prey, by the time they reached the Threshold the young kitsune had learnt a new thing or two. Yet, something else troubled Sacre, enough to quiet him along the way (which was quite a feat). The world seemed… Odd? Like an old, eerie house that creaked and moaned in desolation, but not quite? It made the youthful crafter begin to wonder if something was happening or about to happen. Like the wraiths and the murders; Helovia was never undisturbed for long. It was a piece of wisdom one learned fast. He wondered if anywhere else in the world was like this place, going from one phenomenon to another. Maybe horses in other lands lived long and uneventful lives whilst those here lingered under the shadow of the unpredictable, not knowing if tomorrow was going to coat them in darkness once again. With this uneasiness, Sacre entered the Threshold.

He took his mind off the nervous thoughts by scouring around for any wild-eyed newcomers skittishly making their way into a new land. Perhaps the scent of an old guard would come to him, doing the same job as he, looking for the new blood to recruit. However, Sacre was a little confused as to whom to try recruit, their home was an island cut off by sea. Were they to make a key for every inhabitant without one? Wasn’t that dangerous? His own key was tied back into his mane once again, safely nestled against the side of his neck, never to leave for hopefully a rather long time. That was unless the land magically grew back. The crafter still wasn’t sure about the new bridge, even though he helped make the key; it still felt like they had cut off the rest of the world. Like ignorance was the answer. It didn’t feel right, but Sacre trusted the Sultan who had made them prosper for seasons and so said nothing of his muddled thoughts and feelings.

The young stallion rounds another corner and runs into a ditch, where a coloured mare rested. Pleasantly surprised, Sacre came to a halt with Inari and Ríona sitting beside him, watching the winged horse curiously. "Hey! Can I help? Are you new here?" The red stained crafter began, his glorious tones leaving his mouth in happy song as he greeted the stranger. He stayed back, giving her space out of courtesy as he waited to see if she would answer.

Creatures who appeared in the Threshold weren’t always friendly, after all.

@[Artillery]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
The tiger-striped stallion descends from the mountains, his golden coat frosted with Frostfall’s white snow. There is no particular direction that he seeks as his powerful body presses through the howling winds and tumultuous flurries, his figure bowed against the force of winter—only forward. Eventually he finds himself stumbling into the woods, and he is grateful for the trees as they swallow most of the gales’ fury. He arches his neck to stretch tough muscles, exhaling heavily in a white wisp of breath.

While Helovia seems to have been caught in something fantastical and strange, Rohan takes little note of it. This wonderment—whatever it might be—simply blends into the rest of the stallion’s awareness, adding shimmering starlights and silver linings to what has become of this strange new world.

Not even a season has passed since the Warlander had stumbled unwittingly into Helovia’s grasp. Everything here is wondrous and ridiculous—if the stallion were to notice anything at all, it would be the tingling along his spine, the sting of his hairs as they prickle, and the quickening of his heart as he waits for the rush of adrenaline to alight in his veins.

All exciting, electrifying, and welcome.

It is the sound of voices that stirs the stallion from his musings, flutes ears twisting as his green eyes are cast through the snowy wood. He follows their direction out of curiosity (and partly from boredom), still ever interested in the strange creatures that come to inhabit this bizarre world. It hadn’t been long ago that he’d found himself here in Helovia’s Threshold, thirsty for the wild unknowns and his belly hungry for fresh excitement. Helovia hasn’t necessarily disappointed him, but the antlered stallion is still unsatisfied, still restless. Recently he has often wondered if this impetuous curiosity is as much his comfort as it is his undoing.

Perhaps it wouldn’t be a completely illogical assumption. After all, that’s how life tends to work out, isn’t it? Always spinning in on itself, turning, shifting, opposing in seemingly impossible ways. The trick of it is to try and not get lost in life’s puzzle (so simple in its intricacy) and merely hold on. Rohan prefers to take it for a ride, but then we’re back to square one, aren’t we?

Flicking his thick tail around his flanks and shaking out his unruly mane, the Warlander allows these thoughts to be abandoned to the wind, bright eyes settling on two figures as he comes through the trees. They stand below him, in a little furrow among the snow, with Frostfall’s mournful gales howling around them. “And I thought I would have to weather this storm alone,” Rohan chuckles deeply to himself, his broad voice wry and dancing impishly.

He descends into the ditch alongside them, his dense winter hair failing to completely mask the power of his muscles, the white powder parting beneath his hooves as though he wades through water. “My name is Rohan,” he casts a crooked smile to the mare, the gesture only lingering politely for the stallion.

notes; Sage I just noticed that Artillery's profile says equine, which I think is supposed to be pegasus?:)
tag; @[Artillery] & @[Sacre]
“Speech.”
ROHAN
don’t get too close, it’s dark inside
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Artillery Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You are very unsure of your place here in this suspicious ditch, though you stay calm for good reasons. No need to get riled up about nothing. It was just a new land with unsuspecting herds...

You're not with the Pirates. The Pirates are dead.

You let your wings down, bundling the plumage in close to your body, attempting at some sort of warmth. For a few moments, you have your own air. Your own silence and your own stillness. Until he comes along very merrily, you may notice with two others.

This stallion has a cheerful tone in his voice and the others alongside him look at you curiously. A small fake smile is plastered onto your face before you can stop yourself as you nod a greeting. "Hello..." your voice is uneasy. You attempt at settling it in the next things you say. "I'm new here." You say, the words coming out a little bit more confidently. You don't focus on him and how he inturruped your peaceful silence because you know it will only make you mad. Mad doesn't look too good on you. "I'm...Artillery. And you?"

A wild memory appears... and it's slightly scary at first. It was when you first met Avery. When you first felt that desire not to be lonely. The desire to fight the loneliness. It was good. It was like déjà vu. It was nice. You were confident in yourself then. You could be confident now.

"I'm afraid you might have some things following you.." You say with a pointed look at the horned black stallion with a glance to the creatures sitting before you. A confused look in your eyes as you watch them curiously.

A noise. Your head shoots up and away from the other creatures. A golden man of antlers is striding towards you and your new acquaintance. His voice is deep as he speaks smooth words into the atmosphere. He comes into the ditch beside you, and you wonder how his large antlers look - sticking out of a hole - you chuckle. But when you look back up at him he speaks again. He casts you a smile and give his name. You don't feel like dealing with this kind of thing at the moment, but you play along, wondering how fun the ride is going to be."Artillery." You nod, a polite smile back.

Glancing at the black and crimson stallion boy you give him the look only he would understand. Aka: What the hell, do you know this guy?! And then you giggle.
You haven't done that in such a long time.

Too bad it's fake.

"talk"
ooc:: @[Rohan] @[Sacre]Thanks for replying! <3 And thank you Reli I hadn't noticed that.

A - R - T - I - L - L - E - R - Y

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
I'd rather kiss the ground,
Than kiss a starless sky

"Sacre" the colt brightly answers, his name falling off his tongue in a nasal sound. Blessed, cherished, sacred. The youth had no idea what his mother had planned for him when bestowing such a name upon his soul, or perhaps she had simply loved him that much. He wondered if others thought it silly or perhaps none didn’t know of its meaning. "How d'ye do, Artillery" he nodded exuberantly to the elder mare, hoping to make her feel at peace in this strange land she walked into. He wondered what had made her travel here, was she a simple explorer looking for something exciting? Or perhaps looking for family? His time wondering the Threshold had given him chance to see many different stories. Yet, before he had chance to ask her about it she was already ahead of him, staring pointedly at his companions whilst phrasing a confused sentence. The young stallion smiled gently "these two are my friends, a fox Inari and a kitsune, Ríona. They mean no harm, it’s in a fox’s nature to be curious" the two vulpines dipped each small beady eyed head when their names were spoken.

”Has she never seen a fox before?” Inari asked down the mental bond with astonishment. Sacre offered him a single glance of ‘I don’t know’ before his gaze snapped to a newcomer.

A stallion of dunalino colour and a unicorn that introduced himself as Rohan. The red stained youth had not seen this one before. He was covered in stripes and hair, standing a full hand higher than Sacre, making him feel a little inadequate beside him. The newcomer was also rough featured unlike his own refined Arab blood though they shared a runner’s leanness. The stallion shook his head free of thoughts that kept comparing himself to this Rohan, convinced in his own sadness that he would never reach such a level of raw edged handsomeness. "Well met Rohan, I’m Sacre of the Dragons Throat" he introduced himself with the same vibrant voice despite his depressing thoughts.

He catches the glance of the mare then and smiles crookedly, shrugging to her unspoken question. ”I don’t know him” he replies back in his shrug and laughs along with her.

Finally, Sacre casts a frown skyward and then back to his company "do you seek a home in these lands?" he asked of both of them really, not knowing the origin or destination of either of them.

@[Rohan] :D <3!

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
The black and white mare identifies herself as Artillery, which immediately causes the stallion’s smirk to deepen across his lips. Artillery. It is a fitting name for a fighter, he thinks, a warrior—and while the petite mare doesn’t initially speak warrior to him, perhaps a closer inspection suggests otherwise (and he doesn’t mind in indulging himself in a closer examination).

Maybe it is only because of his height, or an eye so inadvertently practiced, but his careful gaze notes something—a marking? A tattoo?—behind her ear. It doesn’t appear to be of natural origins, but he has quickly learned that such laws of nature are challenged, pushed, and broken in a place like this. He remembers a mare with purple hair and markings across her body…and this doesn’t seem so bad. Exhaling from his nostrils, Rohan decides to keep an open mind. Appearances, it would seem, tell you only as much as you would like to believe.

“Dragon’s Throat, you say?” The dunalino muses, his voice rumbling in his broad chest, so low he is unsure if the other stallion is able to hear it (his thoughts more for himself anyway). The Throat. The name stirs not-so-distant memories of a mare with similar stripes to himself, wings fluttering at her ears and her eyes lit by the glow of fire and hungry for…tea. Of all the herds in Helovia, he has heard the least about this Throat—Dragon’s Throat. The name alone is enough to arouse his interest, the flicker of adrenaline sparking in his chest of a place that could warrant such a title.

What could it possibly be like?

Pursing his lips, Rohan’s green eyes shift sharply to Sacre’s face when he inquires of them—of a home. The Warlander doesn’t try to hold back the short chuckle that chaffs in his throat, the wry mirth twisting across lips and rugged features to alight in his gaze. “Now isn’t that the question of the day?” The stallion’s eyes narrow, but his expression is more humored than critical overall. “Fortunately for you, I have affiliated with no herd myself, although I wouldn’t hesitate in recruiting this lady if I were,” his eyes trail back to Artillery for a long second, giving her a sly wink before he returns his attention to the Dragon’s Throat stallion.

In that short, fleeting moment, words comes trailing into his thoughts—we only accept those of our own kind. The muscles in his jaw flex as he grits his teeth briefly. He admires the painted mare’s mighty wings, and is nearly envious of the freedom they must offer—what it would be like to be able to fly!—and he wonders how any powerful kingdom could be so petty.

But he doesn’t wish to concern himself with that right now.

“I can’t answer for her,” Rohan continues, “but I can give you a firm maybe.” The large stallion chuckles through closed lips, one side of his brow rising in amusement. He doesn’t know what he wants from Helovia, and he doesn’t intend to stop searching through its strange wilds and exciting unknowns—for what, exactly, he has yet to discover. And—sometimes—he likes to keep it that way.

tag; @[Artillery] & @[Sacre]
“Speech.”
ROHAN
don’t get too close, it’s dark inside
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.