the Rift

[PRIVATE] Drink You Like a Spanish Wine

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

It was almost refreshing, not having a herd to belong too. But the loneliness of being an outcast was slowly growing on me as I wandered through the magical lands of Helovia. Without a companion or any kind of company these lands seemed so much more empty considering all of my time here had been in the confines and safety of a herd. Even though the world around me had turned from a beautiful scene of red and golds into a wonderland of white, the thoughts in my head were just as warm as the Endless Blue on a Tallsun midday.

My time had not been spent wholly in solitude, while I was picking up the fragile shards of whatever was left of my sanity there had been one saving grace. The warm brown eyes and jaded smile of the painted stallion flashed through my mind as I wandered carefully through the snow drifts towards our meeting spot. Maybe one day I would follow my dear friend, Aaron, back to the Falls where I could join a herd again. But for now, I was content in sharing a few moments in conversation with the steed and his lupine companion until I was ready to step back into the high social demands of a herd.

Ivory splashed limbs moved forward until my painted barrel rubbed gently against the rough bark of the gnarled tree we had been meeting beneath. I couldn't quite remember why it was this tree in particular that we met under, but it had been that way since things started to quite down after the invasion and so it would continue in that way. A soft smile crept at the corners of my rosy kisser while I waited for the familiar scent of the painted steed's cologne to wash over me.

"more words."
Tag;; @[Aaron]
Words;; 303
OOC;; <3 omg, sorry it's so short

your skin is begging to be kissed by a little more than the sun
larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

Things had gone back to kind of normal after we took over the Falls. It felt right, like I was really home. No it was not the Foothills that had been my safe haven after we fled Isilme, but it was just as good. The rolling hills and plenty of waterfalls gave what was the Foothills an even greater beauty that before. Alanna had enjoyed being back as well, even if we had not beaten the one we had fought in the invasion. Maybe that was why I am nothing more than a Warrior. You'll show them. Alanna spoke through our bond. I looked to her and smiled. She gave me a toothy grin in return as she moved ahead of me through the snow. The drifts between the Falls and the Grove thankfully were not as deep as other places. However I will be glad when they are all gone. Trying to keep the snow from freezing to the light feathering around my hooves was annoying at most.

But none of that really mattered right now. My mind drifted as I moved ahead, knowing my destination all to well. The gnarled tree was the only thing I wanted to see right now.... Okay maybe not the only thing. There was something about those pink eyes and strange blue and red markings on her flaxen hide that made me want to know more. Hell Cheveyo had already seen me at my worst. Nothing could of been worse than my collapse into the caves in the Heart while I cried over the loss of my younger siblings. Even the company of Kimber had not driven away the misery, not like she seemed to. Heart mended. Moving on. Her voice was soft, gentle. But Lanna was right. Thinking of Kimber and my sisters, or even my parents did not hurt so much as long as she was there. I long for the day she would come home with us. Come back to the safety of the herd. Back where I can protect her from the dangers that very well could lurk anywhere out here.

When my eyes spotted her, my eyes naturally shifted from their normal darker brown to a lighter tone that would more match chocolate. Someone is in love. Lanna teased in my mind. I threw her a dirty look before moving in closer toward my friend. "Hey Chev." I speak warmly. I extend my muzzle to touch her's if she will let me. Not that I think she will pull away, but I hope she won't. Alanna bounds over and gets just between us two, before shaking her coat free of the snow that has gotten stuck to her. I snort and smile, bits of the snow now clinging to my forelock. "Looks like Lanna says hello too."

"Talking"

@[Cheveyo]

Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I knew somewhere deep inside the warrior that once raged over the loss of her brown skinned boy was there, but the time of the warrior was over. Seeing those I cared for fall and return with flaps of flesh hanging from them, or even those enemies hobbling back to their head quarters to get mended with careful precision. Ivory lids pulled tight over orchid pools as I tried to force those thoughts from my mind, bad things would happen in life. I knew that, but I didn't need to continue to allow the negative to take over and stop me from sleeping at night or being able to function in a herd. Snorting softly I opened my eyes once again as the sound of another moving through the heavy drifts of snow caught my attention and happiness once again flooded my emotional nervous system.

Orchids drifted until settling on the bay and white frame that stood just a tiny bit taller than my own, the corners of my lips pulled back while I watched he and the great Alana draw closer and closer in a spray of soft snow. "Hey Chev." The deep lyrics reach out to caress my eardrums as we reach out to meet each other's muzzles in greeting. As soon as our skin brushed against each others a shiver passed through my body from the electrical current that crashed between us, the contact didn't last long as the two toned frame of the lupine flashed between us to shake whatever now had gotten tangled in her fur. "Looks like Lanna says hello too." Laughter bubbles forward as I shake my own frame free of the dislocated snow, a fresh peal escaping as orchids settled on the flakes that had tangled themselves in Aaron's forelock.

"Osiyo Aaron, and Alanna." My native tongue rolled easily off, blending in beautifully with the Helovian as a smile spread against my features once more softening the harshness of painted markings. "How have you been? Anything exciting going on in the real world?" Part of my longed to beg the duo to stay with me, to travel the lands and meet all of the new faces we possibly could before we grew too old to do so. But I bit my tongue, he was happy now and happiness wasn't something I was willing to ask someone to give up. Just as he knew to not ask me to come home, I would follow one day...it was just taking longer than expected. Luckily this wasn't the hardest Frostfall I had survived. Orchids shifted away from his handsome face for a moment to find the new scars that white bitch bird had left, I had fought her once, a long time ago and managed to pluck a feather from her like a chicken. It seemed that dear Aaron had not been so lucky in his endeavors. "Does it hurt still?" I spoke up as my attention moved back to his warm eyes willing him to speak the truth on the matter.

"more words."
Tag;; @[Aaron]
Words;; Five Oh Seven
OOC;; Osiyo means hello in Cherokee :3

your skin is begging to be kissed by a little more than the sun
larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

The sound of her laughter brought out my own laughter. As she shakes herself free from the snowflakes, I do the same. Alanna barks, totally pleased with herself as she moves off to go hunt. Giving us both space and time together. She was not going far, and I could always call her through our bond if I needed her. Chev speaks, and I can feel my body relax. Her native tongue and the helovian language rolled together as if they just belonged that way. Although I was surprised to hear her speak in another language. I wished I knew what it was and how to speak it, if for no other reason than to have private conversations with her around others if need be. Helovian and Isilmes languages were practically one and the same. So many of us had fled here, that our influence had an effect on the way everyone spoke. "Os-si-yo" I tried slowly. Slightly frowning as it did not sound near as beautiful as it did when she said it. "What does that mean?"

As she went on and asked how I was, and how things were in the falls I sighed. "Things have really calmed down since we moved and took over. I knew a few of the old herd stuck around. That will make things interesting in the future I am sure. But for now, it's quiet. Like the calm before the storm." I looked into her eyes for a moment before looking away. Since when I was I this shy? Phi and Kimber.... well I had not wanted to ruin friendships. But Chev.... Being alone together was like breathing. It came naturally. I just wish I knew what she was thinking.

As she speaks of my newest scars, the ones I had earned in the invasion of the Falls I frowned. I did not like thinking of that ivory winged bitch. Sure, she had been fighting for her home... But she had targeted me because she felt I was the weakest of the fighters. It also stung a bit that I had let her win. Although the last time I had seen her she was not so smug. Not when I walked away with a new potential member and she left alone with her ice bird. "No, they have healed for the most part. I am glad neither hit my eyes. But I will forever carry the scars from her hooves." I looked away, out toward where I could hear Alanna hunting. "I'll beat her, one day. Prove that I could of done it all along."

"Talking"

@[Cheveyo]

Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.