the Rift

[PRIVATE] Somewhere Under the Rainbow

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
You're walking in circles.

Knox snaps his gaze back to his companion, who lies several feet away underneath the rotunda's glass canopy, stained with its fading colors; he stands out in the cold. Her paws are crossed over a fallen piece of prey--a fox kit, belly torn, red, and open to the air. Its soft fur stirs in the breeze, its blood trickling slowly over it and beginning to freeze where it sticks between Manhattan's claws. Her bonded's pink eyes are filled with a fury he cannot explain or justify. His nostrils flare--his tail lashes and strikes his own hocks with impatience.

Don't sulk. We've been here before.

She's right but the hunter doesn't care. He wants to growl but his body lacks the capability--he snorts instead, and stamps the frost under his ancestor's hooves. Huric's bloody shoulder shivers from the cold, but Knox's would not. Knox would be strong enough to face this early evening as it stands, littered with snow and somehow seemingly frozen in time.

Wouldn't he?

The hunter doubts himself but does little to show it. Knox wandered towards the Rotunda after letting Anaan have another meeting with that mare he so liked, and now that he is here he doesn't even know why. As far as Manhattan is concerned, it is a shelter from the sky's soft tears and a place to eat her meal in peace. Knox watches, eyes narrowing, as Manhattan's nose disappeared into the hot guts of the dead creature. Her voice is still clear in his mind, even with her mouth full of the fresh kill.

You coming back here because you don't know it, it doesn't have any memories, not like the rest. You go here, you go to those caves. You talk at things you don't know, that mare, let your others talk, talk, talk she thinks to him, eyes shut, throat bulging as she swallows and then relaxing as her bloody tongue lolls out to pant. She is still tired from the chase, simple and quick as it was.

The darker friesian resting inside his ancestor's rose-colored form is impatient. He doesn't want to listen to what she has to say. She's wrong--he's just here because, well, that was where he walked. Damnit, he's just here. But he doesn't have the energy to fight her, and so he just lowers his head where he stands outside the stone umbrella and lets his back gather a thin blanket of snow.

Could have hunted, with me, she goes on, chattering, each remark pointed. Could have all hunted, together, us and family. Manhattan stands at this; she is remembering all that Knox has forced her to leave behind, and she is growing more impatient by the second.

When will you eat crow, talk to Dauntless?

Knox snaps. He lifts his head, then his whole body, and pivots in a rear. He is standing one moment, galloping towards her at the next. His hooves clatter on the stone once he reaches it, and he slows to circle her where she stands. For a moment it looks as if the hunter, coated in rainbow kaleidoscope fragments, will strike. His eyes are a fire, his heart is pounding and the both of them can hear it. Nothing is quiet in their minds, not even when this whole evening is hushed with the whispers of Frostfall.

But nothing of the sort occurs. Knox draws closer, the menacing frown misplaced on Huric's noble features, and snaps his teeth in nothing more than a warning at his companion. He lowers his own muzzle towards the kit, grips it between his teeth and bites down, hard. Somewhere, a bone snaps and an artery tears--veins pop, the blood drips out from between the stallion's ghostly teeth.

"Shut up and let me eat, bitch." he retorts without forgiveness, the words ringing in the air in rejection of the capability of their bond.

Manhattan skulks away, long black tail dragging on the stone. Someday, she will eat her fill. Someday, she will find Loretta and rejoin her pack once more: Knox and his ancestry be damned.

[[For Cheveyo--Let me know if I have magic permission to blind or not (it can be temporary or permanent, up to you,) also Manhattan has magics to terrorize and poison. Idk if any will be used but I like to have my bases covered from the start. :) I left this private but we can open it if you'd like, just let me know. Knox is in the form of Huric right now, there's info on his profile but let me know if you have any questions. ]]

img © nereis01

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
feelin' like a space brain;
A shiver passed over the white and tawny pelt that stretched across the muscle and bone that formed my shape. Again I found myself wandering the lands of Helovia without much purpose, just being back in the confines of the lands were enough for the time being. Herds seemed to complicate life a little more than I would have hoped, complications and fragile minds didn't get along very well either. It wasn't long ago that the night terrors visited me regularly as I resided happily in the shattered glass walls that the Moon once protected. Of course, I hadn't been around for the happenings of the invasion, or the things that lead to it so going to the Falls would seem like I had taken the easy way out.
Pale lids pulled shut over orchid pools as I wandered deeper into the lands surrounding the Rotunda. Even having only been to this wondrous creation a couple of times, I knew the pathway well and could likely travel it in my sleep. Today was no different than any other frigid Frostfall day, ivory painted limbs pulled my stocky frame through the tall drifts of snow without too much effort. Once my eyes opened again, narrowing over the brightness of the white world around me, I found myself at the entrance to the stained glass building. The smell of blood, iron, and death filled the air, dancing towards my red rimmed nostrils like a lover beckoning me closer.
Though I had little desire to return to the battle field something about the thrill of it all would always tug at my heartstrings until the day they stopped strumming. Curiosity prickled at the forefront of my mind, the screaming sirens screeching at me to turn around and leave the retched graveyard were pushed to the rear as I allowed a yellow painted hoof to step onto the overgrown cobble stoned floor. "Shut up and let me eat, bitch." The harsh words fill the air, overpowering the sound of my unclad hooves against the stone as I pulled myself further into the rotunda and closer to whatever disaster I would find myself in today. Tawny harks flicked forward as the tall drafty frame came into focus just as a black canine moved out of the picture. The thick crimson liquid drips from the strange stallion's jaws just as my attention turns back to him, nothing about these strange lands could surprise me anymore.
"And just when I thought Helovia couldn't get any odder, I have in front of me a stallion eating the carcass of...a fox?" A silent prayer was shot upwards to whatever god was unfortunate enough today to be watching over me, hopefully this carnivorous creature didn't have a taste for horse flesh otherwise I may have just walked into my own funeral. A smirk tugged at the left corner of my pinked kissers while my stride stopped a safe distance from the dangerous looking stallion, oh I could only imagine the heart attack I would give poor Aaron if he knew the company I was in at the moment. Surely he would grow tired of my trouble seeking personality one day, they all did.

"more words."
Tag;; @[Knox]
Words;; Five Hundred and Thirty Four
OOC;; Temporary blinding is okay! I'm fine with magic, but if she is attacked she will attack back :3 Sorry it's shit, I promise it'll get better.
Cheveyo;
peachesrox & larfsalot @ deviantart

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Her voice comes from behind and immediately the bloodied pair stiffens. Manhattan's hackles have risen before Knox can command her to be at attention. Knox's heart has turned, mind has prepared lies, before he has even turned around.

They were born ready for this. They were born ready for anything.

The long, silken tail of the ancestor lashes and twirls. Slowly, the ancestor makes a full turn to face the painted newcomer. Painted, that is, in all ways but one.

Knox bears that final missing mark: the one of blood. Though it drips from his lips now, makes of him a sinister beast, he smiles through that red stain and steps closer to the mare. There is something in his stance aiming to counteract the horror of his blood red, pink, and bloodied attire. Huric is a kindness that Knox cannot waste on this mare, as inconsequential as she may appear to be. Manhattan's jaw drops and she takes in the scents, confirms what Knox suspects. She bears the scent of none of the four territories.

Perhaps, in this regard, she can be of use to him.

"I'm sorry you had to see this," Knox offers. His ears lower in the process of thinking, his ancestors begin to soothe him with experience. Even Manhattan knows better than to not play along, here. She perks up and plays nice, wandering closer to her master as if nothing were ever the matter.

"I've been feeling a little ill, and well..." his lie is already a difficult one to believe, maybe, but not impossible. "I guess you could say my mother was a bit of a... witch doctor." In his mind, Manhattan barks laughter that is tinged with a hatred for the old hag of a mare, now dead and rotted beside the heart. "She always told me that a bit of protein could even things out."

His head, rose-colored, topped with a red forelock, lowers in respect. He wipes his lips across his hock, the movement imperceptible. He catches sight of the yellow on the mare's hooes, and when Knox lifts his head he is face to face with her intrigue. He shrugs his bloody left shoulder and his smile turns to a delicate frown. "I thought I might partake in my companion's meal, but I fear I will never understand her ways," Knox concludes. Is that an explanation anyone will buy?

The hunter is wearing a martyr's grand features. In his guise he is handsome and strong: he bears two scars beneath his cheek, marks of where he once died. He is trustworthy with this face, he has seen others believe anything handsome Huric tells. But will this mare? As he stands before her, blood still on his face and attempting sincerity, will she take his words as truth or an utter crock of shit?

[[@[Cheveyo]--it is lovely, no worries! Did you want this to stay closed or open up?]]

img © nereis01

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
feelin' like a space brain;

The world seems to grow still as my voice breaks through the sound of breaking bones and the sickening squelch of flesh being torn from the bones that weren't yet broken. The dark canine that had slunk away just moments before I stepped into the opening, turned back her attention seemingly grabbed by the fact that there was a stranger in their midst now. It doesn't take long for the stillness to break as the pale stallion turns to meet me face to face, his pale coloration marred only by scars and the sickeningly bright crimson of fresh blood. A good color on this odd creature, as if he were a natural born killer and not an animal of flight-like instincts.

Golden harks flicked forwards as the pale one begins to speak, his deep vocals quickly filling the silence of the rotunda. "I'm sorry you had to see this." A rosy corner twitched upwards into a slight smirk, there was no need to apologize for things like this. The sight of the taller stallion indulging himself on the carcass of the fox wouldn't leave me with nightmares, writhing in pain until someone put me out of my misery. So why waste precious apologizes? A gentle, yet false, smile stretched my rosy velvets while white washed features filled with a look of acceptance, this stallion wasn't the oddest I would run into in my lifetime. Orchids didn't remain on him long, before flicking over to the dark canine who was moving closer to her bonded, after dealing with Archibald and Loretta I knew better than to allow my guard to be down around the sharp-toothed canines.

"I've been feeling a little ill, and well...I guess you could say my mother was a bit of a...witch doctor. She always told me that a bit of protein could even things out." Attention moved back to the bloodied one as I allowed the words to sink in. I knew crude ways to heal others, but the ingesting of blood and flesh was a new one. "Shame you refer to her in the past tense, sounds like I could have...learned a thing or two from her to practice on the battlefield as a healer." A smile lit across my features when my words finally ceased falling from my rosy kissers, politeness seemed to be key with this carnivore if I didn't want to wind up being their next meal. Blonde tresses smacked against my ankles while the bloodied one lowered his skull, pulling it back up with less gore hanging from his jaws. "I thought I might partake in my companion's meal, but I fear I will never understand her ways." He continues with an easy shrug of a blood marked shoulder while falling silent. 

White washed skull tilted to look around the pale stallion and his dark companion at the pile of blood, flesh, muscle, and tendons that was once the body of a fox. Orchids angled to look at the stallion once more a smirk tugging at the corners of my mouth again before a gentle, yet dark laugh spilled forward. "Ah, it seems as if you are a natural dear....I don't believe we have been properly introduced. I am Cheveyo, currently a nomad enjoying the beauties that Helovia has to offer." It wasn't entirely a lie, my nomadism was simply to protect my weakened mind from memories that herds seemed to drag forward like a screaming child. For now, I was content with my wandering and meeting up with strange individuals like this one, who made me feel almost sane.

"more words."
Tag;; Knoooox
Words;; Six Hundred
OOC;; Woo, so sorry this took so long!
Cheveyo;
peachesrox & larfsalot @ deviantart

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!