the Rift

[OPEN] Prison, Frigorific

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

It was possible that the Haruspex was becoming a bit of a recluse.

As the moon rose, so did the dark and patched pair in the shadow of the cave they called home. Beside them, the fire of Ashamin's long tending flickered. It was close to death; with haste, the Haruspex grabbed hold of some of the tinder he'd gathered the evening before and held it to the sparking coils on his tail, tossing them toward the ashen pile as soon as they caught flame. That, he hoped, would be enough for now.

Lochan yawned and stretched, circling his bonded with an eager swiftness that conveyed his energy. He had been pent up, and longed to see the outside, but the snowbanks were too high. Icicles dripped, fat and low, and covered the entrance to the cave like bars. They could have been broken with Ashamin or another unicorn's strength, Lochan could have wiggled under or between them, but their visual barrier was clear.

The paint blinked, still only rising from the day's sleep. Your fault, he thought with a smile and a gentle nudge of his companion's side. Lochan stumbled and bleated, butting his head against Ashamin's knee. Already, the 'panion was growing stronger, taller, and leaner. Ashamin noted the rising buds between Lochan's ears with interest. It was a curious thing, watching a little one grow. The Haruspex felt a little like a father.

At this, he nudged the cerndyr towards the meager gathering of dry grasses. He had not had a chance to store much before the frost had fallen, and he worried now for his companion's health. It was hard enough for him to find something to eat under all that snow, and he had begun to let his own hunger pale in importance. It was Lochan who he watched out for, now.

The cerndyr was eager and unhesitant, and moved with shocking grace towards his meal. The dry, tan stalks poke out from betwixt his lips--one particularly long one threatened to catch a-flame when Lochan laid down beside the fire, wiggling underneath the silken sarong that Ashamin had set on the floor of the cave the night prior.

"Eat your fill, little one," the young stallion encouraged. His voice was steady but he was unfocused, wandering closer towards the entrance to his cave and looking out between the columns of ice that had begun to form there. He turned his roman face back for a moment, catching his companion's three white eyes, and smiled. "The winter will be longer, still."

These bars are my
reminder, my barrier between
begin your company with this,
these articles of four:

1. The rising, waking night
2. The flame, engulfing
3. A meal, intended for a king
4. And care, for you, from me

[[For Mortuus Nox, any--set in the Haruspex's Cave]]

image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy

Nox

Nox had been wondering his black onyx pilers were incased with the frost bitten snow making them turn to a light white. Then it picked up the snow began to fall over the demonic stag sticking to him as if the frozen rain drops were trying to incase the stag in a winter capsule. The wind picked up as his pale orbs searched for refuge from the storm, the caves he mumbled. He had been a loner for such a long time he really did not find the company of another equine desirable. A loud snort was let out as the unique snow flakes flooded his nostrils. I do not mind the cold but god damn he stomped a hoof trying to clear the frozen now packed ice from his deep cracked hooves. A small tree near him began to bend with the force of the brutal winds someone pissed off a god today he mumbled to himself in Latin as his muscled scar laced body fought against the element.

Then a small glimmer of hope reached his pale gray eyes.. A cave. The black beast threw his weight onto a rock pulling all I his weight up straining against the wind. When he finally made it up ( after cursing to himself in Latin) the ghostly stag ventured along a small path the meet the caves mouth. How odd was it to have ice like bars stretching from top to bottom, but that was not his concern. With out a glacé to see if someone might be there he threw his demonic horns into the frozen water shattering the jail like bars. His glided into the cave like a ghost and shook off before his gray lifeless eyes looked to meet the gaze of another creature. He was a unicorn standing in the mouth of this cave. He turned his head to see a fire and a small creature in a patch of dried grass. Then his dead gaze turned back to the stag waiting to see the reaction of the eerie black stag just bursting into his home shall he say.
A small huff came from his black maw letting out a frozen breath the incased his skull.
"hmmmm.."

Was the only word he muttered, not knowing what to really say. He was not the best when it came to dealing with other stags, In fact most of his scars came from defeating and battles with another brute. Gray orbs flicked to the snow storm
All he knew was he was not going back out there, and hopefully this paint stallion did not want to fight over this cave. Thoughts flooded his corrupted skull, but he mumbled quietly to himself in a deep Latin hell like tone shaking off all thought.

@[Ashamin]

OOC:: welp I really wanted to reply soooo I sucked it up and did it on my phone lol

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Ashamin

It had either been the exact wrong or exact right moment for Ashamin to have turned his head; the outcome would have to be debated. But either way, a beast crashed into the barriers and shattered them, sending ice shards Ashamin's way and sliding the tips of icicles across the floor, back to where they melted beside the fire.

For a moment, Ashamin did not look. He had a fear he could not quantify that he did not want to face; his back stung from the impact of the shards. Though the haruspex was thankful that he had not been blinded by that chaotic entrance, he would have liked the warning that sight afforded him. Now he had nothing but a heavy breathing that overtook the soft whistling of the wind outdoors.

He felt, even from behind, as if he was being towered over. The red of the flame shone on Ashamin's gold scars, marking the walls with their light lines and drawing his gaze to flicker there. Though he dared not move his head, from the corner of his eye he could see a tall shadow, and for that, he swallowed the cold air on his tongue.

But Lochan.

The cerndyr's white eyes shut and Ashamin watched as the third, always open, crinkled with concentration. Softly then came the image, slipping into Ashamin's consciousness as if a note under a door. With tenderness, the bonded buck unfolded the image, and revealed what his companion saw.

The flash of a vision was like a child's drawing, its lines shaky with nervousness and its rendering uncertain. But the image was, in its own way, clear. Patches of red, black, and green were scattered about and beneath the lines, but poking outside them in several places. Behind Ashamin stood a monster of a unicorn, that much was true, but nothing that he couldn't face. Nothing that, in fighting Torleik the Bloodskald, he hadn't faced before.

Ashamin turned, his long tail whipping at his back, and prepared a wise and subtle smile. The beast was, in some ways, exactly as Lochan had portrayed him. Maybe slightly less, well... squiggly. Ashamin met the white eyes, caught a glimpse of the emerald, and took in the sight of the muscled and scarred form. He had expected some creature much taller, but, well, this stallion seemed to be exactly his height without those horns of his. Pushing past all trepidation, Ashamin extended his dark cheek as always, reaching to try and touch it to the other stallion's in greeting. Perhaps Ashamin was becoming somewhat introverted in this long winter, or rather returning to that state, but he wouldn't let it get to him. "Well, you certainly know how to make an entrance, don't you?"

His tone was jovial, his air shaking with cold and a faint smattering of nervousness. But his black eyes were lit from the outside dim of the borealis, and in those rainbow patterns were reflections of kindness. Lochan stood by the fire but did not draw closer--Ashamin realized, suddenly and with wonder, that he could feel the young creature's movement as if it were his own.

"Come in, all are welcome to the home of the Haruspex," Ashamin said, turning to confirm the sight of Lochan on all fours and beckoning the newcomer with a coil-tipped tail. "Do you come seeking shelter or wisdom?" The second question was tossed behind his back, with his head tilted up and his four white deer's hooves carrying him back towards warmth. For whatever reason, he felt he recognized this stallion and his boldness. He doubted the other one was new, doubted the other needed introduction to this cave, and was entirely and completely wrong.

But, he would learn that in time, and introductions would come. For now, he stood by the fire and waited for his new company to join.

One night you drew for me a picture, red black and green, and when I turned to see who stood there it was difficult to think anything but this:

Where did you get the red from, little one?
Was it just a random pick?
A slipping, broken crayon?

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any]]
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
He looked around waiting for something to attack him the his attention grew to the little deer like thing. Oh how it might have been the most adorable thing he had seen in this place yet. Deep in his mind he wanted to touch it but he knew being the ghostly creature he was that would not happen. His eyes gazed back at the stag, and the golden line on his haunch grabbed his pale orbs then soon flicking back to the stag as he spoke."I tried to get out of the storm, I had no clue someone lived here." The latin accented words came from deep within the stags chest almost like he was drawling his voice from the pits of hell. He dipped his head to show he will not hurt the other two creatures and had no intention to. As he heavy horned skull dipped small drops dripped of crimson blood dripped on the cave flood from a gash above his right eye. The blood ran down the onyx skull as if he were crying the vital substance, but he did not draw attention to it he shook his skull and listened to the next set of words. What in the hell is a Haruspex.... he was shocked with how friendly the stag was."What is a Haruspex? and i am seeking shelter. Even the coldest of soles could not deal with that storm." He shrugged off the cold wither air speaking in Latin ringing tones as he followed the stag closer to the fire. His cracked hooves did not pick his way through the shards of ice he stepped right on them crunching and destroying them like a dammed sole.

As he stood closer to the fire his eyes examined the stag more and the little creature that stood near him. Even though Nox was a hardened sole he still enjoyed to see a young baby around. The tresses of his tail flicked across his back in a slight tangled mess, but it went along with the ghostly feel of this stag. He was more of a demon inside, but he would not let that side show unless it had to be. He always kept his true real self bottled up within his black heart for fear that others would... well he did not want to think on that. His tall horns crowned his skull as he noticed it was really the only thing that was making him seem slightly bigger than the painted one. He was always the smallest in his family, but that never stopped him from.... He muttered in latin shaking his head quickly throwing that thought out. Never let his size fool you thought he might be a tad small but every inch of his frame was packed with heavy muscles ( someone might say short person syndrome) but in all reality he was in fact not too short it could be worse right?

Back to the present day sometimes it is hard for Nox to stay out of his own twisted mind. His gray gaze shot back to the abrupt entrance he made and how all the ice around it was not a puddle, but the small puddle of blood around his hoof was growing is size. The wound above his eye refused to clot and cease to bleed. It was nothing that alarmed him though due to the amount of scars he body held he was almost use to the blood. He hoped the other stag would not mind too much thought for this is his home he is ruining with the crimson substance. This new land seems to get odder and odder as he ventures around it, there are odd little creatures like this deer who follow unicorns around and then there is just all this snow. He wondered what else will pop up, what other types of unicorns would start to show their face, and would he really fit into the Basin...

@[Ashamin] and anyone
OOC:: are we doing this before the bubble??
Image Credits!

Ashamin

Then, standing before this somehow (but how?) impressive creature, Ashamed saw it. That bloody tear, that red drip--the scratch of a more sinister color that had appeared in the image Lochan had gifted him with. How had he not noticed it before?

The buck shook his head, horn rattling with the motion and teeth churning against each other in a slow grind. He listened with large ears pricked, even as he lowered his roman features closer to the cave floor, and took heed. So this was just another stranger then, seeking a warm place. It seemed that Ashamin's little home was becoming that for many.

"The Haruspex is the seer of the Aurora Basin, my role is to commune with the God of Time and interpret all visions he presents me," Ashamin said with a heavy sigh as he walked closer towards the fire and his companion waiting there. He trained his black gaze on Lochan, furrowing his own brow as he stared at the mark on the little one's. How had he seen that blood when Ashamin himself had missed it. Wasn't he supposed to be perceptive, as a seer? And yet, it was his companion who had the keener eyes, it seemed.

It occurred to him then, and belatedly, that the dark stallion must be new to the Herd. He hoped, anyway, that he was a part of a herd. How embarrassing it would be if a trespasser had slipped in under his nose, rested in his own cave... it would have been an embarrassing talk to have with his herd leads, Thranduil the sneaky-man in particular.

"I am Ashamin, I was once a newcomer such as yourself. It is good to find company in cold climes," the paint said absently, and with a sigh. He wondered faintly if this other was a soldier--with those scars and the physique, he would bet on it. But perhaps not; fighters came in all shapes and sizes and often surprising ones, he was proof of that himself. He may have been dubbed the wise one but he still yearned for a warrior's life. Maybe he could find such conversation with this fellow, this dark and already bleeding, brooding sort. Or maybe he was wrong--maybe the black was a quiet, gentle soul that Ashamin had yet to know.

The day that you see more than me,
which, I suppose, already every,
I will learn from you,
and cede this crown,
this wise authority.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any,

A: Oh whoops, I forgot to specify! I was thinking yes? It's certainly not a dream. Dx
Q: Has Mortuus picked a rank or when he joins will he just be a stallion? ]]
image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His dank eyes gazed at the fire, the flames danced across the wood like witches summoning a demon. As the red glare flicked in his eyes he went into a small trance mumbling under his breath and he soon snapped out of it to hear the other stag speak. So he was the one who talked to the god... hmmm what other positions could there possibly be here? He knew of a sneak and the lord, but there was always something new. What would he fit in as... of course he had bronzes and muscle but he was also very ghostly when it came to wondering through places. (Unless its a snow storm then he breakes into others caves apparently) but that is beside the fact. "So i assume there are other ranks among the heard? I know of the Lord, the Sneak, and now the Haruspex. I guess i need to find who i will fit into.... Maybe " He mumbled the maybe softly as the voices in his head were screaming at him to leave the herd now this is not the life for him.

The ghostly stallion let his gaze meet the floor where the puddle of blood was now dried and a slight brow color. The wound below his large horns finally ceased to make the crimson substance, but now the blood had dried leaving a hardened path from the wound to the corner of his right eye then down his cheek; like he had been crying a stream of blood. A sigh left his maw as the frozen air formed a small cloud around his skull, but the green emerald still gave off its brilliant glow. Then as the paint spoke again he flicked his dead mans gaze looking into the stallions black eyes. His gray orbs were glazed over like a corps as the stallions tones hit his ears. So the paint does have name Ashamin. "I agree having someone to talk to can be pleasuring on a cold dank day. I am Mortuus Nox, you may call me Mortuus, or if you please you may call me Nox either will do. Pleasure to meet you Ashamin."The words slipped out of his mouth like silk with a Latin drawl as he dipped his horned crown slightly to show respect.

@[Ashamin] and anyone
OOC::sorry it is soo short i wanted to reply and i have to go somewhere

A:: He has not yet i want to figure out where he will fit in. Im still waiting for Deimos to fully accept him but i dont want him to be just a stallion.
Image Credits!

Ashamin

Ashamin listened with care, but he supposed, now, that was how he always listened. The other stallion had soft, sussurant tones that barely echoed in the cavern. They seemed more like whispers, to Ashamin--he had been so hesitant himself. But perhaps he was misunderstanding this stallion's quiet. Maybe it was the hush of confidence rather than uncertainty.

Still, the haruspex could relate to the lost soul, Mortuus Nox. "Mortuus," he decided he would call him with a faint smile and another extension of his cheek to touch the stallion's in kindness. "A pleasure to have you here." Mortuus was more elegant, anyhow, Ashamin thought to himself with a little nod that followed his gesture. More fitting of a stallion as collected as this.

The painted buck wandered, then, circling the fire and watching it dance in the almost lifeless eyes of his company. Weren't they an interesting trio, with their seven black and white eyes all trained on this flame, this warmth, this flicker of salvation? The haruspex chuckled and sidled up alongside Mortuus again, having made a full circle, with his head by the other's scarred rump and looking back out into the storm. Perhaps, for a moment, they could brave it.

"You are correct, there are many other roles to take on in this herd. I am certain you will find one that is right for yourself..." Ashamin spoke, as if thinking aloud. Could he help, perhaps? Was this not his own role, to aid and advise? He let his body wander closer to the cave entrance; his nostrils stung with each inhalation of the bitter cold. Lochan trailed after him, several paces behind but still wanting to stay close. The cerndyr barely cast a glance at Mortuus.

His head, poorly crowned, turned back to gaze at the darker stallion. "Would you brave the cold, for just a few moments more? There is something I would like to show you," his tone conveying the offering more than his own curiousity. There is something I would like to see for myself.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any. Sorry, no poem muse.
Oh, Ashamin can help him decide! As a Haruspex part of his role is to advise members--something like helping them pick a role is definitely his jurisdiction. :)]]
image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
The ghostly stag watched Ashamin as he spoke deciding what to call him. Mortuus never really minded being called either name, it was just when he was younger he was always called Nox and it just kinda stuck to him, but switching it up and being called Mortuus was a nice change. It was almost more formal and unique to the stag than just Nox. Either way his full name meant Dead Night, the latin just gave it a more appealing sound than being called Dead in the english language. Although his english tongue was well versed he grew up speaking Lain only for his mother only spoke the dead language, and his father told his to only speak it because he must not speak how he felt in english, every stag and mare knew english... Very few knew his dead lanuage of choice.

Anyways back to reality it was so easy for him to get trapped in his own mind. Ashamin was such a kind sole and Mortuus could just feel the warmth from his heart, unlike his cold dead one. He watched the paint reach his cheek out then dip his head just like Mortuus had done to him. A pleasure to have you here. The words ran thought his ears and his voices within were screaming you dont know the true Mortuus Nox if you are saying that. He shook his large crown and gave a weak smile from his maw, he was intrigued by this stallion and wanted to know more overruling the demonic voices screaming at him.

His gray gaze watched as the paint walked around the fire then stood next to himself again. He had a shy stance to his walk as Mortuus watched over Ashamin's body, his long tail drug behind him and as he chuckled he looked at the small three eyed deer and the paint. This fire seemed to be the only life source for them, the only little bit of warmth on the cold dank day. He listened to him speaking about Mortuus finding his place in the heard. Then he watched him wonder to the mouth of the cave as the small deer trailed behind the paint. It was a very interesting little creature he wondered how he got this little friend. As his gaze finally met the frozen bars of the mouth of the cave he heard the question if he could bare the cold again. "You are a very kind sole for allowing me to shelter from the storm, thank you. I guess i just have to find out what rank they could use a stag like my self in" He chuckled softly after his sentence. " The cold does not chill my bones as bad as it might do too others, Lead the way my friend. " he smiled softly the harshness of his eerie figure was slightly going away turning him into a more friendly ghost around this stallion. He turned away from the warm fire and started walking towards the cold chilling air of the outside standing beside the paint wondering where they were headed.

@[Ashamin] and anyone
OOC::It is all good i understand!! :)) but that sounds great he is taking inrest in your boy ( as in he caught his attention and wants to learn more about him!! :)
Image Credits!

Ashamin

The outside was a cold greeting, but not an unfamiliar one. Ashamin found his eyes shut instantly by the force of the wind--his hair whipped and his tail, light and airy, was lifted in a second from where it dragged on the permafrost. Sparks fluttered in the air with its motion, dancing around the flying flakes and creating anomalous images of magic where it didn't belong and didn't exist.

Overhead, the sky was a bright painting. He could barely make it out, but they were there and dotted with belts of stars. He was a Haruspex now, and from what he had gathered that meant he had to be wise, and do wise things. What was wiser than reading the stars?

The haruspex glanced back, seeing his companion standing at the cave entrance. He tried to call out to Mortuus, beckon him forth with a neigh, but his voice was lost to the same wind and carried off into the distance. Someone else would hear that greeting, someone else would try and heed that call to "Come, the stars can tell us of your path!"

His mind was absent as he thought back to his childhood, and nights of looking upwards at his father's side. Veril would point out all the many dots of light, smiling at each as if they carried a memory for him. What do they mean, father? Ashamin had always asked, even long after knowing the answer.

I don't know, Veril always said. Your mother used to read them to me, every night.

Now it was Ashamin's turn to read those stars. He threw back his head, letting the merciless cold strike him where he stood, and gaze up. There was a sign to come, and one he would heed with all the respect he could muster.

Will you remember the one
who died so I could live?

I tell you this:
she exhaled a life
and I inhaled that death.

I will make good
on that promise.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any. @[Johnny] will be doing an NPC for us shortly, so you can either wait for her or just tag her in your post!]]

image credits

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The wind would not die down, not for this excursion to read the stars - not for any mortal creature or any of their plans. It continued to batter and to bellow, ripping through the mountains of the Basin in its nighttime fury. Luckily, no more than a few stray flakes picked up from mountainsides were cast about. Even farther to the north than this wintery land inhabited by unicorns, there were clouds gathering - a great blizzard for the day ahead was massing together and reading to speed south with the winds.

For now, though, the stars above where the male emerged from his shelter were bright and clear - if a cloud marred the sky it was only a fleeting, dark shadow. The stars had no more care for the wind than the wind had for the inhabitants of the lands that it moved through, so it remained ever-calm when viewed from the earth.

The truth about what was really going on beyond the sky was, of course, anything but calm. It raged with more passion than the wind that continued to cut with cold edges against the bodies of any that were exposed. All of that would remain, for now, a mystery to those that stood below.

Except in lucky moments. A fragment of that distant chaos cut through the calm of the night sky. It was small shooting star, arced with a small trail of white light across the lower horizon to the south. It disappeared within a moment, last seen in the midst of a 10-star constellation.

THE NIGHT SKY

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Mortuus followed the painted stag with curiosity wondering what they were getting ready to do. His pale eyes shined throughout the storm as the stallions ventured through the rocks after leaving the safety of the warm cave. Mortuus waited as Ashamin started the path through the snowy land, their long tails picked up the snow as the stallions trudged. Then in the cold winter wind the wise one stopped,and the he spoke. Mortuus was questioning what the wise one was doing then he listen to him speak oh the stars, the stars were going to give them answers ? He waited calmly as the storm started to pick up the wind blowing his ghostly mane back.

The wind felt like it was trying to cut into his sole, but his already dead like heart did not let it bother him. Dead man's eyes gazed up at the night sky, and through the clouds cut a small shooting star. How fascinating is this,Mortuus had never seen anything like this before. He looked back at Ashamin wondering what it all ment . The wind blew the snow across the two stallions like little shards that were trying to cut into their bodys " What does all this mean? " he let the words slip out from his maw. His thoughts were not contained at this point, he had to know what was going on.

What would be the reasoning behind all this crazy stuff. The winter acted as if it were an entity mad at the unicorns of the basin,but the beauty of the stars above their head made Mortuus wonder more and more,but the voices came back screaming at him. They were demanding him to stop what he was doing, yet again he ignored them shaking his demonic horns moving his intertwined tresses over each side of his neck. His eyes just watched Ashamin with no expression and then they turned back to the young deer in the shelter of the cave. The questions still flooded his mind, but he knew there would be more time for answers after Ashamin read the stars. What if the stars knew that he was a slight psychopath... would he still be welcomed into this herd? The voices in his head told him no,but what if everyone here wasn't all right in their head too? A sigh left his maw thinking of all the possibility, but he would not know until Ashamin was done, until the stars gave him the answers.
@[Ashamin] and anyone
OOC:this is getting good ! :)
Image Credits!

Ashamin

As he watched, the sky overhead seemed to clear and reveal to him a wealth of information. It would take time for the Haruspex to learn the subtleties of the sky, but seeing them shine so bright now in this storm was a start, to be sure.

There was one star, in particular, that caught his deep black eyes. It shot across the heavens in a split second, almost missed, and when it settled in its place he couldn't help but trace the lines of the constellation around it. In its shape he saw a rearing stallion, wrapped and bearing an immortal snake that was curved in a symbol of healing. He thought of the venom that dripped so often from such fangs, and as he cast a sideways glance to Mortuus he thought, for a moment, he saw that venom in the trace of blood along his company's face. But there was more to such dripping liquids than hurt, particularly in a herd such as the Basin when one could heal, and under such great tutelage.

When Ashamin lowered his face completely from the marks of light above, he turned back to see Lochan staring up with wide eyes, and realized in an instant: it had been Lochan who had flashed such clear images in his head. The little cerndyr seemed to know something of the stars, even just shortly after birth. Lochan's wisdom was one he would surely have to plunder and learn from.

Ashamin blinked slowly at his companion, thought of a thank you, and turned to train his gaze on Mortuus Nox. The black beast didn't seem like a healer, no. And for a moment Ashamin wondered if the stars had been wrong or if he had misread them. But the image of the snake, wrapped with such infinite and immortal delicacy around its company, was clear. Whether this stallion would someday be a snake bearer himself, Ashamin was unsure. But he knew somewhere, deep in the well of knowledge that was rising steadily within his breast, that perhaps a life of aid would do this stallion good.

"What it means," he began, taking a breath and watching as the puffs of white circled his nostrils upon exhaling, "is that the stars find your role to lie with the menders of the herd. Perhaps it will be good to lay down the life of a warrior, for a time," Ashamin said with a faint smile. He nosed towards the other stallion's flank, noting the scars that marked Mortuus' hide. Maybe the stallion would find him odd for suggesting such a fate, but he hoped that Mortuus would take and consider his word with care. He was not advising idly, and though he did not know the stallion very well he knew what the stars had said. Or at least he felt sure that he did.

"I encourage you to seek out Lena, or perhaps Enna," the haruspex concluded with a nod and a turn back to the cave's warm comfort and his awaiting companion. "Both of them could advise you in the art of healing, I am sure they would welcome you," he said sagely, dipping his head towards the permafrost as it retreated into the stone floor of the cave.

Ophiuchus,
bearer of snakes
and the immortal blood of
Gods, I thank you for the kindness
that your countenance receives me.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any. Thank you @[Johhny]! <3]]

image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His gray eyes watched Ashamin as he read the stars, this was an odd act he thought to himself as he was watching for maybe a glimmer of what the wise one saw, but all he saw was flickers of light that glowed in the night sky. A small huff left his maw as he lowered his large crown to look at the frozen flakes below his body. The wind blew strongly lacing the small frozen flakes in his mane and tail turning the dread locks into frozen ice-cycles. As the wind came to a small halt he looked back up waiting for an answer, what could the stars unlock for him here in the basin. Then he spoke, and when he said a healer Mortuus wanted to let his jaw drop to the frozen ground, but he held it in. How could he heal someone after the life he lived.. All he knew was to kill and fight for everything, how could he heal another if he did not like that one? at this point if he did follow that path he would be obligated to heal that equine.. The thoughts poured his head as the paint turned to walk away he followed behind the wise one almost speechless, but he finally managed to talk You mean the stars said i should heal others? I .... I feel like i could never live up to that, my life has been death and war, i dont even know how i could begin healing thoughts. Why would it say that?? Why would it pick healing for me?

He followed speaking behind the stallion as they climbed up the rocks and stepped into the warmness of the cave once again. The frozen flakes melted away leaving his onyx legs soaked in the wet cold water. He gazed at the little deer and wondered how he achieved such a little companion. He then thought back to the star reading, he wanted to know why... The cave started to glow as the shadows danced across the walls from the three bodies occupying it. The flickers of light drew his eye in as he waited for Ashamin to answer his questions, because he just threw them at him with out thinking. Ohh how the voices started screaming to leave and leave now, get out of this place and get alone. He denied the warnings and stayed with a small shake of his demonic crown.

@[Ashamin]
Image Credits!

Ashamin

The haruspex was not surprised that he was met with resistance. His long tail knotted loosely around itself as he picked up speed and trotted towards the fire. Its flickering was a comfort in this Frosftall evening. He waited for Mortuus to join him, watching with wide eyes that strove to take in every last bit of the light.

As the dark stallion followed, Ashamin considered what the news meant to him. Mortuus was a warrior, this much had been clear even before he had admitted it, and Ashamin had just told him that a power beyond either of their control had advised he reside on the other, peaceful part of the battlefield. What would Ashamin have done himself if Thranduil had burst in now (but of course, silently) and declared that Ashamin was needed to serve as a spy? It would be a pursuit of knowledge still, but a much less moral and religious one. Ashamin took pride in his role as Haruspex and his activities as a warrior, he wouldn't want to be the sort to slink around as the golden man did. So what would he have done?

Ashamin tried to cast a light smile towards his company but it quickly faded. This was not a moment for such cheerful kindness. Mortuus needed a sincerity of his own sort, the stoic kind Ashamin was not particularly used to. He coughed, lowering his face towards the flame and catching the sight of Lochan's bright white eyes. Perhaps he was hoping the creature would offer him advice: Ashamin received only a few squiggles of color in his mind.

Very well, he was on his own for this one. He lifted his features, his ragged horn hanging over them with a hushed sort of dignity, and met Mortuus' gray eyes with care. "As a warrior you know better than anyone the pain that comes with battle. Perhaps the stars want you to consider what it would be like to ease it rather than cause it," Ashamin said plainly. He could tell this stallion was struggling with the idea. "As a healer, as anyone, all lives are precious. You cannot forget this, even when you fight. Wisdom would come to one who ceased the practice of harm to acknowledge this," the painted buck continued, "And perhaps virtue, as well."

Would Mortuus agree? Or was he a warrior to in love with the shedding of blood to see otherwise?

And if he was, did Ashamin, one who fought for honor, protection, and the pursuit of knowledge alone, really want him in his home?

Consider your ignorance
to have been bliss for yourself
alone.

Think of how many others,
harmed by your inattention to detail.
Consider your ignorance,
It will do you no good
in this home.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any.]]

image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His gray eyes shifted around the cave as the wise one was looking and he was waiting for an answer. His long tresses of his eerie black tail flung across his scarred back as his ghostly gaze was set back on the fire oh how it flickered and burned every living thing it could every chance it got . he was much like the fire, but how would he go from a burning fire to a cooling healing water? If the wise one says so maybe he should;he believes in the darker forces, but those can be healing too right? Well to an extent of healing almost like a voodoo type of thing. Maybe he could do it and figure a way to adapt it to himself. He then listened to Ashamins words what the paint began t speak. Maybe he is right, he might need to give up all the killing, of course he would never let someone walk all over him, but he might be able to still stand up for himself and heal. So many thoughts ran through his mind.

"Do you really think i could heal? I mean not all healing is done through rainbows and sunshine, i mean i could find my own way right? I just feel i cant be a sparkles and butterflies all the time.. its kinda not my personality" He chuckled slightly as he looked back to the paint. His harshness was slowly starting to fade away as he felt more comfortable with Ashamin. He mainly kept up the harsh looks to keep a mask and keep himself protected. The idea of a Healer was starting to rub in as the stag waited for his questions to be answered.

@[Ashamin]

OOC:: sorry i suck tonight :(...... i tried lol, and i think i failed it was a long day at work lol
Image Credits!

Ashamin

It struck Ashamin, then, that perhaps this dark newcomer needed a bit of an education. And while the haruspex wasn't sure that anything other than his rank title gave him the qualification to provide one, he felt it to at least be his duty to guide Mortuus to proper schooling.

When the aforementioned darkling spoke, Ashamin let his brow knit in gentle curiousity. Did Mortuus really think that was all healing was? Sunshine and rainbows? Maybe Ashamin was too serious of a fellow, but he considered nothing to be as simple as that, the art of healing especially. He did not know much of Lena's work but he knew it certainly had to be more than that. The fact that the only healers he had ever met were.... rather bubbly mares meant nothing for the sake of the profession.

"I think you misunderestimate the seriousness of the role," Ashamin said with a frown. Lochan wove around his legs, his white eyes fixing with a surprisingly mature sense of gravity upon the countenance of the scarred beast. He turned away from Mortuus, letting the light illuminate the bright gold of his scars. "A healer saved me from the brink of death when these wounds were open. Consider the pain it cause she and I both--there is no lightness in that," Ashamin supplied soberly. It was becoming quickly clear to Ashamin, even as he spoke, that this was not his lesson to teach. Mortuus would have to learn this on his own, and the Haruspex only hoped his words would be heeded.

He no longer faced Mortuus when he spoke. Not out of a lack of respect, but out of a particular interest for the mirror. It had not told him as much as he had expected--not yet. Perhaps he would spend another night gazing. "You may spend the night here and take as much shelter as you need, but morning will come sometime, Mortuus," Ashamin said over his shoulder, wandering further into the depths of his cave as he went. "When it does, seek a member of the healing class. They will tell you of the hurt they have seen and healed, and perhaps then you will reconsider the sunshine and rainbows you expect to find with such yet unfounded certainty."

And with that the Haruspex let his body be carried back into shadow, the flickering flame at his back casting light on the white stones of his hooves and illuminating every fawn-spot on Lochan's aging coat.

Don't deny me my memory,
remember how I bled,
consider how I cried
for help once,
help you could have given with
an ounce of concentration,
respect.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any. Ashamin is kind of making an exit but Mortuus can follow him if he really wants.]]
image credits