the Rift

[OPEN] sleigh bells ring

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Descending from her little cave and into the snowy valley of her home, the ocean blue mare trots steadily forward, her slender legs lifting high in order to carry herself through the thick white powder that blankets the ground. Although the sky is flat and pale with the spread of her sister clouds, pregnant and lowering with the promise of another winter storm this night, at the moment the weather is favorable. The sun’s luminescent light filters through the cloudy boughs in soft rays, falling slowly to the earth below and leaving the Aurora Basin in a hazy, blushing light.

If there is a heaven, Tiamat is sure that it must look something like this. The mountain valley has been silenced by Frostfall’s cold breath, tucking Helovia into its snowy blanket and hushing its sounds until the quiet of day stretches over them like a mother hen to her chicks.

With the soft whiteness that surrounds her—the feathery ground, the sides of the mountains as they rise to the sky, their peaks piercing into the white of the firmament above and blending the line between the sky and the horizon until it is nothing but an impalpable blur—it as if the Gods have taken their Aurora Basin with them to the paradises of an otherworldly place.

The blue mare closes her eyes for a long moment, nostrils curling and chest expanding as she inhales, opening her eyes again before she exhales slowly in a sighing, wispy breath that billows around her pretty features and bright eyes. She is honored to call this place her home, her pride swelling within her breast as she gazes out at this beautiful wonderment—a winter wonderland of the mountains. She understands nothing else but its beauty and kindness, but perhaps that is all her gentle heart wishes to know.

A bright smile spreading across her lips, Tiamat tosses her head joyfully, the seaweed and seashells in her hair rustling and chiming against one another. Tucking her muzzle in towards her chest, the unicorn throws her weight forward, picking up an easy canter. Snow is tossed up by her cloven hooves, and she feels as though she is parting the very mists of heaven—and she, so pure and naïve in her innocence, not unlike an angel.

Her gaits skipping and buoyant, the ocean mare eventually slows to a gradual halt, the thin skin of her nostrils flaring with each heavy breath. Steamy vapor rises lazily from the heat of her body, but she hardly notices the aching pull of her muscles after plowing through the dense snow. White eyes glance blissfully about, her dainty ears rotating and her slender body erect, searching for no one in particular but always eager to make a new friend. When she sees no one within her proximity, she huffs a sigh to herself and walks forward. Lowering her muzzle to the snow, she pushes the icy flakes around, eventually gathering some into a little circle.

She might as well make the most of this beautiful day!

notes; This is NOT a dream thread, for Tia at least, but I don't care whether it is or not for anyone else who joins xD
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
He was off adventuring again in the basin; It was such a cold place that was slightly dank and desolate. The ghostly stag walked thought the frozen hell like he was the king of all the demons, his head hung with an eerie feel and his muscled body drug through the snow like a lifeless zombie. Mortuus let his gaze fall upon the mountains that surrounded him, they enclosed the basin like a jail house harboring the souls of unicorns as if they were banned from the outside world. The frozen flakes of snow clung to his black pelt like it was their last hope but they soon were let down when the heat of his body melted the poor souls of the unique snow flakes.

Why would someone want to make a place like this? The thought got mumbled as a small cloud passed over the sun making the shadows of the surrounding rocks dance like demons across his pelt vanish, then reappear again when the fluff of air finally passed to the east of the sun. He came across foot steps in the snow and curiosity struck the black stag as he began to follow the trail. When he came closer to the end he saw a very odd creature. Her body was like a ocean with vibrant blues, and her mane held seaweed and shells that chimed with her wave like motions. Her horn was unique and ivory in color, much more elaborate and beautiful than his two large demonic horns. She was an oddly beautiful creature as she began to form almost a small ball of the pain in the ass frozen flakes. Now what in gods green... or should i say WHITE earth was she doing? His lifeless eyes watched her graceful movements as he began to slowly wonder closer to to her. "What are you doing?" He asked with a deep almost demonic Latin voice. His large scarred body stopped waiting for the nymph like mare to speak her peace.

OOC:: @[Tiamat] It is really funny to see the comparison of how they both see the world!! sorry its short i have to leave for work and i wanted to get this reply in :) The rest will be better i promise!
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

The Aurora Basin will always be her home, she is sure of it. That simple fact seems to manifest itself more often, especially since her return to the mountainous valley—and she couldn’t be happier for it. Although her slender frame and satin skin are far from accustomed to this frigid season, Tiamat feels utterly comfortable as she plays in the snow, pushing the flakes together into some semblance of a circular pile. Her warm breath billows in white wisps that surge over the snowy ground, her long tail swishing gently behind her in her contentment.

“What are you doing?”

The unexpected voice that cuts through the quiet cold alarms the blue mare, and she startles a little bit—her slender body coiling as her back bows and her head lowers instinctively—but she is quick to relax when she turns around.

It is a stallion, a stranger to her (although she can struggle sometimes with names, she tends to not forget faces, and this one she knows she would have remembered). He is as black as the darkest night, all of him, except for his ashen gray eyes that stand out against his ebony complexion. Something reflects in the hazy mountain light, what Tiamat notices as some sort of metal copula that encircles one of his large horns—with an emerald stone embedded in the middle. How pretty!

To be perfectly honest, she won’t deny that this guy creeps her out just a little bit, but she chalks it up to her own ignorance and quickly disregards such assumptions. He is a stranger, and as far as she is concerned, potentially a new friend. Oblivious to the darkness that churns and simmers in his cold heart—such is her innocence of the world—Tiamat offers him a bright smile, the gesture natural and pleasant as it spreads across her lips. “Hello!” Her soprano voice chimes through the winter chill, not unlike the shells that tinkle in the thick locks of her dark hair.

“I’m building a snowman!” The ocean mare continues merrily, her smile broadening before she continues. “Or, trying to anyway—a snowman, a sculpture, a bunny, it doesn’t matter; just enjoying myself. Come! Join me, I could use your input,” Tiamat motions for him to move to her side, hardly giving him a chance to refuse as she lowers her dainty head again, pushing more snow into her misshapen pile. Drawing back slightly, she purses her lips, wondering what direction she should go. So many choices!

Tiamat can’t remember the last time that she had built a snowman or anything like it…the last few years have kept her pretty occupied with more important things. It’s nice to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Flicking her long lion-like tail out behind her, the blue mare shifts her attention again to the black stallion, her white eyes resting gently on the coarse lines of his face. “What’s your name, friend?” She smiles again, softer this time, “mine is Tiamat.” She inclines her head in a gesture similar to a delicate curtsy, trying to never forget her manners. Fluted ears prick upwards, trained on the dark stallion as she waits for his reply.

notes; yes they are quite different xD
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His great eyes watched the blue mate as she jumped slightly at the sound of his voice. Hmmmm she seems very different, her kindness showed through her pale white eyes as the blue mare gazed upon his large muscled onyx body. Then his dead gray gaze fell tip the small pile of snow that she was trying to form, a snowman...so they make snowmen here in this cold harsh place they like to call the basin.

Well who is he to judge this beautiful blue mare.As his lifeless gaze fell on her frame Shaun he took a second to admire her. The aqua beauty was very unique with the sea being brought to life literally.The seaweed hung with grace in her tresses with accents of shells chiming with her every movement. Then he wanted to get to know this creature more, but why did they have to do this over the building a snowman with the frozen flakes that the equine were treading over. She did not give him much choice though so the black stag picked up his large hooves walking over like he was pulling a lifeless body toward the blue one. As he stood next to her the details of her beauty stood out even more, and his gloomy demonic body contrasted greatly. The two unicorns were very different not just in looks, but also in personally. She was all rainbows and butterflies and we'll he was .... doom and gloom literally.

When she finally spoke her name he concerned on these very words putting her picture in his mind. His scarred body gave of a must from the heat that was radiated of his black pelt, he let a small (fake to him) smile be forced across his face as he spoke "goodie, goodie gumdrops.. a snow man in this frozen mess of white flakes... I am Mortuus Nox ... you may call me Mortuus or Nox either will do. Nice to meet such a beautiful mare like yourself Tiamat. I guess I can put some input in.. " he smiled softly now dipping his head. The sarcasm of his first few word radiated, but that was his personality, he never played in the snow as a child.he already had something more important to do... but he would entertain the beautiful mare.

He looked down at the white fluff and the sad little ball of snow she was making and he chuckled slightly. He leaned down and nudged the ball slightly and it rolled a little bit away from the two becoming slight larger. He picked up his head and thought well I helped now maybe I can just get to know this aqua beauty more now.

@[Taimat]
Image Credits!

Tiamat smiles brilliantly when the black stallion moves forward to join her. His slow gait and drudging body language clearly say that he is anything but eager to join her—much like a child who is forced to do their chores by their mother—but the ocean mare doesn’t acknowledge it—he is helping, and that is all that matters to her. In her mind, she is making a new friend, nondiscriminatory between first impressions (which this guy doesn’t exactly put one off as happiness and friendliness) and open to the company of everyone. He has yet to give her a reason to assume otherwise.

When the black stranger speaks—his excitement for their task highlighted by the cynicism in his voice—Tiamat lifts her delicate head a few inches from the misshapen pile that she has gathered, her white eyes peering up at him through her long forelock. “Gumdrops?” She muses, mostly to herself, her voice a whisper of breath and likely not heard by her newfound companion, “they sound delicious!” She giggles, assuming that what he speaks of is some type of candy or sweet…it sure sounds that way at least…and there is never a wrong time for candy, is there?

She blushes beneath his compliment, her smile widening bashfully and her cheeks growing pleasantly warm. Tiamat is definitely not a superficial mare—what someone looks like surely can’t dictate the inner beauty that flowers in their heart—but still, it’s not wrong of her to enjoy the harmless praise, right? It does feel good to be noticed, for both physical and (more importantly) spiritual things.

“It’s a pleasure of mine as well, Nox,” the blue mare says kindly, rolling his name over in her mind and matching it to his face, trying to commit it to memory, “thank you for your help.” Her lighter laughter mingles with his rougher, deeper tones—he the coarse rock to her tinkling rain.

When Nox lowers his head and pushes the snowball she had made, it makes it bigger and the blue mare’s smile broadens over her lips. Already her contorted little pile is starting to take shape…into something. “What should we make it into?” Tiamat asks him, her white eyes twinkling as she raises her head, looking to the black stallion. She purses her lips, sticking her tongue out a little bit in her deliberation before she walks forward towards their pile, nosing it around to add to it. “What about a puppy? She suddenly exclaims, whipping her head around and looking to Nox with delightful glee in her expression.

“Puppies are adorable,” the ocean mare continues, lowering her head to start another, smaller pile for the head—perhaps they could make it lying down on its stomach, which would be easier. Humming happily to herself, Tiamat finishes the head and noses it over to the body, pushing to attach the two together. Quite pleased with her work, she glances over again to the darker stallion. “How long have you been in the Basin, Nox?” She has never seen him before, but with her recent absence, that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t been around. She is eager to meet and catch up on what she had missed.

notes; I have an NPC planned, something quirky once they're done making their creation xD
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He watched the bright blue mare as she seemed very happy about gum drops.. Ohh she was a trip she giggled with a bubbly personality. Taimat her self was much like a bubble, she looked delicate and of course blue. Her eyes glistened when the sun caught them, the pale orbs glowed with light and illuminated even the darkest of souls. Of course she was most like a bubble due to to floating personality. She was so innocent and true to her heart. She had so much that Nox wanted it almost made him jealous, but he shook the feeling and smiled at the little blue bubble.

He admired how she could treat the ghostly stag with so much kindness even in his sarcastic state. He could not help but just to laugh at how she was a litle child inside with all her sparkling personality."You really are a bright sweet soul at heart,I can tell. Your love radiates from your heart and touches every cold soul trying to give them warmth in the dark caves of hell "He smiled softy complementing the beautiful ocean mare as he dipped his warm breath towards the frozen flakes melting a small hole in the ground. Ohh how easy it would be for him to just stomp down the little bit of a snow man that she had and let his inner rage come out, but he didn't. he watched the mare with a small smile he was forcing from the inside, but no one would ever be able to tell. He stepped over towards the snow man and looked at it as she pushed another snow ball to make a head.

She looked up at his with such joy he couldn't help but really smile until she said Puppy.Oh joy a puppy.. he thought to himself as he looked to the ground. The snow Puppy really did not have much shape he turned his large crown the the side and sculpted very carefully first the details of the face then he sculpted the ears. He looked and noticed that it needed real eyes and a nose." I think we need to find three smell rocks or nuts to make the eyes and nose." What was he thinking making a snow man, but he was bringing joy to the lovely ocean mare. The details of the face were perfect down the the mouth and the brows above the eyes. He had always been very picky and was very crafty with his horns. "It will also need some legs. " He smiled softly and looked down waiting for the mare to do what ever she wanted to do the the snow.. puppy.

When she asked about how long he had been here he looked around the frozen jail once again and and then back to the ocean mare."I am new here i have not been in the basin very long. I was just wondering around and trying to figure out everything around here. Then a gorgeous ocean mare caught my attention, and now im building a snow puppy with her " he chuckled softly looking back down at the puppy as the latin words flowed from his tongue like soft velvet.
@[Tiamat]
OOC:: Okay!! sounds good to me! i think Nox has a little crush!
Image Credits!

It is true—Tiamat is a child at heart. Her heart, her mind, her very being is incredibly innocent, pure even, and childlike in her understanding of this often cruel and darkened world. It is this naivety that saves her, that makes her all that she is. It is with this same unfeigned, simple beauty that she grins at the black stallion, her white eyes sparkling and her grin widening at his compliment.

Tiamat does not believe in false, contemptuous praise, but certainly there is no harm in giving what approval has been earned—good deeds and pure hearts should be acknowledged and commended for their kindness, she believes. She gives such appreciation freely herself. Why, then, should she not accept it? “Aw, thank you Nox! I really appreciate that, I want to be friendly,” she tucks her head in towards her chest, somewhat bashful, her grin curling her lips more prominently before she continues. You can be just as bright, you know. I can tell,” her grin crooks into something that is slightly playful, but there is still a seriousness to her expression.

The blue mare sincerely believes that anyone and everyone can have the light and innocence of a child, and she genuinely believes this of Nox as well. So what if he’s a little rough around the edges, or all scarred up? Scars don’t necessarily mean a life of mistakes and darkness, sometimes it’s a life of war and love, protection for family and honor, and that is respectable indeed. And besides, he has yet to give her a reason to believe in him otherwise—her faith, she would like to believe, is stalwart and difficult to shake.

With awe in her eyes, Tiamat watches as Nox bows his neck downward, angling his head so that one of his large, black horns etches details into their little lump of a snow puppy—creating for it a darling little face and what could be adorable floppy ears. The ocean mare’s features light up with joy at his performance. “Wow! That is amazing, you’re very talented,” she crows gleefully, flashing him a wide grin, “Where did you learn to be so coordinated? I’m sure you can put that to good use around here.” Tiamat thinks of the weavers and builders of Aurora Basin; all of their magnificent abilities amaze her.

She glances around when Nox mentions small things for the eyes and nose. “Good idea…” she murmurs, trying to find something that stands out against the whiteness of the snow, her voice growing louder with excited anticipation, “It’s going to look so cute!” She giggles merrily, shifting her weight as her gaze wanders around, although her attention is quickly drawn back to the stallion when he continues, explaining his history with the Basin. “And having fun, right?!” Tiamat snaps her head back to him, her crooked smile matching her head as it tilts playfully to the side in buoyant jest.

“You’re too kind, my dear friend. I’m glad to see you here—it’s nice to be with handsome company,” her words roll easily from her tongue, wanting him to feel as special and appreciated as she does—as everyone should to be. Flicking the length of her long leonine tail, and rustling the seaweed and shells as she does so, Tiamat shifts her weight back, standing comfortably as her expression sobers a little. “I haven’t been in the Basin long, either—technically, I suppose. I arrived many years ago, but had to leave. I’ve only just returned at the beginning of the season,” she nods happily to herself, her eyes roaming to the white-capped peaks and snowy mountainsides, “It’s a beautiful place, I’m glad to be back.”

As her eyes wander, Tiamat notices three small things—two little rocks and a nut. “There we go!” She exclaims heartily, moving to pick up the finishing touches in her lips and placing them in the snow between her and Nox. Picking up the stones, she sets them carefully for the snow puppy’s eyes, looking back and satisfied with the result (even if the stones aren’t the exact same size, he’s still pretty cute). “I think this little guy is coming along wonderfully! Here—do you want to finish it?” She nudges the nut closer to the black stallion with a cloven hoof, smiling.

notes; so cute! Haha
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
image credits

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He smiled softly knowing he was making her so happy. Maybe killing and hurting others will be easy to give up as long as he is around such wonderful company. He listened to her angelic tones as they hit his ears ringing with a sweet voice. She was so sweet and for the beautiful ocean mare to come back and say that he could be just as nice as her and truly mean every word that she spoke . He gazed at the slightly playful grin flooding the ocean like crashing beautiful waves. Was he really falling for this mare? She was very choosing of her words when she said he was Handsome, she did make him feel very special. Did she do this with all stallions though? He knows that they just met this beautiful mare, but he wanted to really get to know this sweet girl.

He chuckled when she spoke on how talented he was with his horns and his dirty mind stepped in and wanted to say how he was talented in other areas, but he didn't he looked down at the small puppy that was starting to take shape. He rolled more snow into the legs as if it were laying down and then looked back up to her " Well thank you. I have learned how to maneuver these large horns, it is very helpful for small stuff or even for battle. I was always playing around with them when i was a child, believe it or not i use to carve stuff into trees and make elaborate picture.. It was just a thing to get rid of stress." He smiled as he admitted this to the mare with ease, due to the voices hiding in the back of his mind. He chuckled softly as he went and found two little rocks and a nuts to make the eyes and the nose, she placed them into the small snow puppy with such an elegant ease. The ghostly stallion's harshness was starting to fade away with the comfort of Tiamat.

"Yes I am having so much fun with you beautiful. You make me actually enjoy the frozen flakes blanketing the earth with a cold white blanket" he listened to her speak of leaving and returning " Well I am glad you decided to return, if not i would have never met you." He castes his pale gray eyes away for a split second realizing he was flirting with her. He chuckled as Tiamat asked him to finish the snow puppy by placing the nose on. He watched the little nut roll across the snow as he pushed it with her cloven hoof. He gently picked it up with maw, careful not to crack it. He placed it on the sculpted muzzle of the puppy and pushed it in softly. " Well i believe it is all done, now he needs a name if you will do the honors my lady. " He dipped his head with a small shy smile. He was not use to being so sweet to someone, but Nox just couldn't help it when he was around her.

OOC:: @[Tiamat] I Love them SOO much right now this is the cutest thing!! 8D
Image Credits!

With a soft and silent smile, the ocean mare watches as the black stallion shuffles more snow to their disheveled but undeniably adorable little puppy. Now with his stubby little legs all completed, he just needs the final finishing touches to his face and they should be done. How exciting! Tiamat shifts her weight in her barely-contained enthusiasm, also keeping her slender body from becoming too numb in winter’s frigid chill, and her white eyes glance brightly to Nox.

He explains the expertise of his large horns, how he had gotten used to playing with them in his youth, and her smile broadens appreciatively. Tiamat doesn’t remember much of her childhood—she had woken up just outside the shores of Helovia, a child of the Sky and Ocean, birthed from nature and living through its miraculous connection. That day, swathed in the foamy fingers of her father and blinking against the beautiful light of her mother sky, had been her most wondrous and happy beginning. She can only assume the same for her newfound friend, albeit likely not by the same parentage, but surely extraordinary nonetheless.

However, talk of battle is unfamiliar to her, perhaps even a bit uncomfortable as she is largely against violence, but she realizes that not everyone feels the same. She can respect their opinions and certainly won’t judge them for it. Conversely, the stallion’s mention of art and pictures has Tiamat’s features lighting up excitedly. “Wow! Really?” She exclaims with joyous awe, her blue lips parted and curling into a shadowing smile at the corners. “I’m going to have see one of these elaborate pictures of yours sometime, they sound wonderful,” she nods once to both of them, the curve of her lips enriching into a blissful grin.

The ocean mare has drawn many pictures in her lifetime, and has sung many songs, and has danced many dances—but all of these things are done for the purity of their enjoyment, the young unicorn is far from any artist or performer. She would love to know more about such beautiful talents, but isn’t terribly bothered by it—she enjoys herself, and that is what matters most.

“I’m not sure what I do to relieve stress…” Tiamat muses, mostly to herself, her voice low and likely not heard by Nox. In fact, she isn’t even sure if she knows what it feels like to be stressed—she’s been agitated, she’s sure of it, but somehow she always manages to brighten her mood when her spirits are dampened.

“And I you! You are delightful company to have around,” she assures the black unicorn with her genuine honesty, her heart warm with his compliments—it is very nice to be around other kindly souls, especially when they are delighting in one another’s companionship. “That makes me happy to hear, Nox—you deserve to enjoy yourself. Winter can be quite amazing, I’ve learned to appreciate it,” the blue mare exhales from her nostrils, her warm breath billowing into the cold air as her gaze roams around them, “It’s certainly beautiful.” She gazes at the whiteness, the immaculacy of their surroundings—indeed, this place must have been painted by the heavens themselves.

Her white eyes glancing down when Nox lowers his crowned head, Tiamat watches as he picks up the nut—admiring his care—and places it for the puppy’s nose. The mare smiles widely, the length of her leonine tail flicking enthusiastically across the snowy powder. “Hmmm,” she contemplates a name, knowing that it must be adorable, and winter-themed of course. “What about Frosty?” She muses, sticking her tongue out in thought. “Or Snowflake? No!—Boots!” Tiamat bursts breathlessly, her eyes widening eagerly, “I like Boots. What do you think?”

notes; ;D ready for the NPC!
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
image credits

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
B
O
O
T
S
“Boots!”

Something stirs through the snowy valley with that name, exclaimed by the mare of the ocean. Rustling and silent beneath the surface of Frostfall’s cold blanket, a miraculous and indescribable thing happens, unexplainable and surely conjured by the wisps and wonders of the mind. He moves. Called to by his name, called to action, called to respond by his masters, his creators, and he comes to them happily.

First it is little, small, strange—a tail of snow, pressed against the frozen ground, moves. Without rising, it begins to wag from side to side, slowly and lethargically at first, but quickly picking up speed at it pushes its sister flakes around. Then it is his legs, plump and misshapen, that creak and groan as they are pried away, cracking and rising. The snow puppy heaves to separate its body until only the bottom of his head is still connected to the snow surrounding him, looking up at his creators, his masters, with mismatching eyes of stone.

His frozen mouth parts—slowly, like a yawn, prying its jaws apart and releasing a white tongue of powder and ice. With tail wiggling in a delight that only a creation can feel for its makers, the puppy releases a bark of wind and cold, releasing his head from the snow and toppling him backwards in a most ungraceful fashion.

For a moment it might be feared that Boots has gone, returning to the flakes of his sisters, but before fright rises the puppy suddenly pops up through the snowy dust to stand before his masters. Tongue lolling and tail wagging happily, he glances up at them with his own crooked and adoring expression. His lips wide in a smile, Boots barks again, the sound breathy and cold.

Pouncing with his weight on his forelegs, the snow puppy darts around his creators, rolling in between their legs and then dashing off again—barking at them over his shoulder.

@[Mortuus Nox]
Image Credit

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He watched as the ocean mare named the small puppy with excitement. He was happy that he could bring such joy to her. He had listened to her past conversations and waited till she was finished to speak. He smiled softly as he heard her speak of wanting to see how he could make artwork and he thought this means they would see each other again. This excited the stallion a bit and his evil morbid feel drifted away from him and he was just his true self. A softness over came his gray eyes as he looked Tiamat. Then he opened his large maw to speak after she finished the last of her words. "Well i would love to show you how i use these massive horns to make something so beautiful. Maybe i could teach you how to make a little picture sometime, but that would mean we would have to see each other again." He smiled softly looking into the mares beautiful eyes. "Well i'm glad i can make such a wonderful mare delighted with my presence, most do not try to talk to me due to the harsh outer core of my looks ." He looked around the winter wonderland and still did not see too much beauty in it other than the mare sitting in front of him, but he smiled and nodded his head to jut agree, he was enjoying this moment to much to want to speak against it.

When the beautiful ocean mare decided on the name after much contemplating. She spoke of a bunch of names then she said it Boots. He looked at the small puppy and smiled again well he guessed that name would work, as long as she was happy that is all that mattered. "Boots is a wonderful name for him ." Just when he finished his Latin laced words the black scared stallion took a step back from the puppy. There was something odd in the air and he wasnt sure what it was then it started moving. What the hell is going on in this crazy place, the puppy was moving. First his tail started moving, it started slow then sped up. Next his little legs that Nox had pushed together started moving as the little misshaped stone eyes looked around at him and Tiamat. Then he tries to lift his head and could not pry it from its frozen platform. Nox chuckled a little as he finally loosened his snowy head and tumbled back. He stopped for a second waiting for the small pup to jump back up, and the little frosty creature did just that as he ran around them barking. "It looks as if you gave him life by giving him that name. Well he is a cute little fella if i do say so my self, but how does this happen?" He spoke in a chuckling deep latin tone as he gray eyes watched the pup running. He nudged his muzzle on Tiamat's neck softly after he said His first sentence. It was the first time he touched anyone in a friendly manner in a long time. His muzzle was soft and his warm breath pressed against her neck for a split second before removing it. He hopped that she would not get offended by this small touch from him, it was not creepy in any way. It was very warming and soft; Something he had not been in a long time.

@[Tiamat]
OOC:: I love this post sooo much sh is bringing out the sweet side in him and Boots is tooooo cute!! :)
Image Credits!

The blue unicorn’s eyes light up with excitement when the black stallion agrees to teach her how to create artwork like his, her smile broadening across her lips and her head rising in anticipation. However, her demeanor sobers a little when he continues, explaining that he seems to have been largely isolated in the past, due to his rough outward appearance (which is less than sunshine and flowers, she’ll admit, but truly that means little when looking into the honest character of someone’s heart). Even if Tiamat were aware that he is only playing along with some of her bright antics, he is trying, and that is more than enough for her.

Flicking her dainty ears forward and exhaling a white breath that pools around her lips before slowly dissipating, she offers the horned stallion a softer, more earnest smile. “I’m sure they don’t mean anything by it…maybe they’re just intimidated. A body of scars doesn’t necessarily send the message of ‘peace’ after all, but it certainly doesn’t have to be a bad thing. It can be a very noble thing,” Tiamat gives a little, reassuring nod of her head, her voice sincerely honest and genuine in her want for him to feel accepted—surely, no one likes to feel like they’re an outcast.

“I enjoy your company, Nox, and I hope to see you again. I’m excited to learn how to make one of your pictures!” The young mare’s grin is wider now, growing in the confidence of her enthusiasm, and an airy chuckle chimes from her lips. She doesn’t intend to forget about his offer any time soon—certainly making art is fun in any form—and Nox is definitely pleasant to be around. Tiamat is nothing but honest in her claims of his companionship. In any case, what kind of friend would she be if she doesn’t seek him out again? They share the same home, so they are bound to cross paths again whether they wish to or not (and she has every intention of familiarizing herself with the many others who reside in the Basin).

Flicking out the length of her long, generously plumed tail, the ocean mare shifts her weight, settling more comfortably in the bitterness of the snow. “I’m confident others would say the same if they took the time to talk to you. It’s nice to just talk sometimes,” she gives him a lingering smile before allowing her white eyes to wander a little bit from the stallion’s face, her gaze trailing upwards and outwards through the large snowy valley. The bite of winter has silenced it with its white blanket, but she imagines that she can see everyone else, huddling in their caves or clustering together in the warmth of the hot springs. It is always a familial gathering in her mind, of course.

Her attentions focus again on the horned stallion when he agrees with the name Boots for their little snow creation, although her eyes are drawn away once more by movement. Movement? “Oh my goodness—look! Tiamat exclaims incredulously, her eyes widening. Boots is moving. What? All she can do is watch, dumbfounded, as their snow puppy comes to life. It is not a quick process, but undoubtedly astonishing, and she only seems to find her breath again when the snow puppy tumbles backwards. “Aw, how adorable! Hello little guy,” the ocean mare croons with a smile when Boots pops back up again, barking his breathy yelp and running around their legs (she is careful not to step on him).

Tiamat looks to Nox with a bright smile and eyes sparkling with amazement when he speaks, voicing a question that sounds as astounded as she feels. “I don’t know…” she breathes excitedly, “this place has many wonders, doesn’t it?” The blue unicorn chuckles, reaching out to brush her muzzle against Nox’s when he reaches to her. Tiamat is not picky when it comes to personal space—she is very welcoming (perhaps naively so). Snapping her head up when Boots darts away, tinkling the shells in her mane as she does so, she looks eagerly to Nox. “I think Boots wants us to follow him—come on!” And with a soprano burst of laughter she leaps forward, bounding happily through the snow.

tag; @[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
image credits

User-based Random Event
B
O
O
T
S
The lumpy little snow puppy is excited that the two unicorns, his creators and masters, do not delay for long in following him. They are not far behind, trailing along the stream of misshapen paw prints that he leaves in the snow for them, a bread crumb trail to some unknown—and undecided—destination.

Through the white valley he runs, leaping and bounding with the happy and ungraceful steps of any puppy made of snow (if you have, in fact, seen one before). It is quite a peculiar sight, but surely endearing if one doesn’t dwell for long on the mysteries and enigmas of such a phenomenon, and simply enjoys it for what it is.

Close as they had been to some of the large bases of the Basin’s mountains, he sticks near to their familiarity, leading his masters—his parents, his benefactors—in the pale, stretching shadow of their magnificence. Boots’ soft, icy jaws open periodically throughout their little run, releasing barks of wind, ice, and snow, a breathy sound that howls at a higher, more friendly pitch than its blizzardy counterparts—a sound that cannot belong to any young canine of flesh of bone.

It echos through the thin patch of mountain trees that he weaves them through, dusk growing near and splotchy beneath the needles of their branches. After a short while they return again into the open, Boots tumbling forward into a stop as the great expanse of the Basin’s unfreezing lake opens up before them. He pants in happiness, and the stone of his disproportionate eyes would be shining if it were possible.

Leaping back and playing in between the legs of his unicorns, he rolls onto his back, belly exposed for loves, and his snowy tail wagging.

@[Mortuus Nox]
Image Credit

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He smiled softly as the mare spoke he knew he would be seeing here again very soon but for now he was just going to enoy the time that he had with this ocean like mare. Her voice flooded over his dark ears with wave like sounds with a cloud like feel to each word. She was helium compared to his lead like personality. Tiamat floated above the air with her bubbly personality, unlike himself. He was grounded for all eternity then he would dig deeper into the ground going to hell after life, but he wanted to live in the now. His dead gray eyes gazed over the glistening water nymph as she then reached out to touch his muzzle. He enjoyed the sweet moment due to it being the only touch from another equine in that sort of way he had had in a long time. He had taken in all the words from the mare as he then turned back to see the puppy and her expression from it.

" Well this is a very odd place."" He laughed as the puppy ran around them barking in joy around each of their legs. He looked as Tiamat was astonished and over joyed with the puppy. His frosty bark rang in his ears like sleight bells and the snowy paws left little prints. Then the little puppy took off and he looked to Tiamat as she spoke "Well it looks like we have no choice but to follow our little friend." He chuckled as he took off in a bounding canter through the snow. His Large body moved with such beautiful grace as he picked his legs up carefully through the frozen flakes. His body was collected and in an uphill frame due to the rich Andalusian blood line that ran deep in have veins. His ears listened softly to the tones of the small dog as he looked over watching Tiamat with gray eyes. As his large body moved though the snow he looked like a demon chasing down their next victim to possess. His tattered mane and tail gave the stag a ghostly appearance as the tresses flew in the soft breeze of his cantering motion. The demonic, ghostly appearance had to almost not even phase Tiamat now that he had opened up a tad to the sweet mare.

the small sweat drops dripped from the large black stallion as he cantered collected through the winter trees following the small prints and frosty barks from boots. He Looked to the sky as dusk was starting to fall making the shadows dace on his pelt like lost soles. As he came out to the unfrozen lake the small drops of sweat fell onto the ground melting the top layer of the frost snow where they fell. He looked around to see the beauty of the lake and boots laying on the ground after running through his stone black pillars "You are one silly creature.."" He chuckled as he nuzzled the puppies belly softly to make sure he didn't flick the snow off boots body. He did this hopefully before Tiamat saw, but he really was not too concerned, he was not use to showing his soft side. He waited for her to approach and then he spoke looking over the blue mare " This place is beautiful, and what a lovely sunset. Still not as beautiful as you" he chuckled softly" But that was a good work out the snow always gives more resistance." He turned back to watched the little snow puppy frolic and play.

@[Tiamat]/div>
Image Credits!

Through the snow the blue mare bounds, lifting her knees high as her cloven hooves fling powdery flurries in her wake. She is inherently graceful in her movements, rushing like the ocean does to the sands of the shore, leaping with an electric energy and the light of dusk’s rays twinkling merrily in her eyes. It would be a safe assumption that she is nowhere near as collected and dignified in her bearing as the black stallion—she admires the strength and refinement of his strides—but she moves with her heart nonetheless. Hers is a joyous and carefree gait, perhaps stumbling here and there, her lion tail whisking happily behind her.

Following their little snow puppy, Boots leads them somewhere—she doesn’t care to concern herself with the details, only the fun of the chase—and they dash through the tall highland trees, and are soon shadowed again in the great rise of the mountains that cocoon their home valley from the rest of the world. Tiamat tosses her head in her delightful enthusiasm, skipping and prancing with her blue lips turned into a smile. The tinkling of her laughter echoes off the snowy stone walls at their side, broadening the sound until it eventually fades into the wintry, white firmaments of the Basin.

Before long, the trio suddenly breaks into the open again, the glittering expanse of the unfreezing lake opening before them. The ocean blue mare dips her flanks low to the ground as she forces herself to a skipping, half-hearted stop, eventually coming to rest at the black stallion’s shoulder. She laughs lightly at Boots’ similarly ungainly stop, her ears pricking forward when the puppy prances around before plopping himself at Nox’s hooves, rolling onto his back. Tiamat’s heart glows as she watches the stallion (so coarse and brutish in his appearance) reach down to softly nuzzle Boot’s belly—warm with the knowledge of the good and just in this world.

“He’s a cute little guy,” the blue unicorn croons to their adorable snow creation when she approaches them, her breast still blooming with happiness as she casts a sincere smile to her newfound friend. He compliments the land and herself—praising their beauty—and Tiamat feels herself blush as she lowers her muzzle to Boots, whuffling gently and nuzzling his belly. A breezy chuckle follows, slipping from her lips when the snow puppy slides off to play some more, and she turns her attention to Nox. “Yes, I think I will sleep well tonight,” her voice is mingled with her laughter, nodding her head in blissful contentment. She can feel the slow ache beginning in her bones—the peaceful call of weariness—beneath the steaming of her skin, warm with their run.

Her grin lingering on her lips, Tiamat shifts her eyes out to the horizon, her gaze sweeping over the landscape. “It is quite beautiful, isn’t it?” She murmurs mostly to herself, unsure if the stallion could even hear her. Each day, she finds her breath stolen by the magnificence of this place—her home—and she feels infinitely fortunate to claim it as such. Casting a glancing smile to Nox, the young mare steps forward, her cloven hooves cutting their way through the snow.

Within moments she makes her way to the lake’s snowy banks, flicking her long leonine tail before she stops at its edge, lowering her fine head. Blue lips hover over the glassy surface, her reflection clear beneath her. “It is good to see you again, brother,” her warm breath ripples out over the water, making her grin widen. Being near her family—connections to her parents—brings a flowering joy in her eyes, softening her gaze with jubilant delight as she turns to look back to the black stallion. “It’s a wonder the lake never freezes. That doesn’t mean the water’s not cold though, I can assure you that,” Tiamat laughs freely, shaking her head as she remembers its bitter, tickling bite.

notes; Sorry for the wait! I figured we'd wrap this up if that's okay with you:)
“Speech.”
image credits || @Mortuus Nox

User-based Random Event
B
O
O
T
S
Boots wiggles happily beneath the pampering of his unicorns, thoroughly enjoying their attention. The tickling of his belly has him yipping a single delighted bark before he scrambles back over, eventually finding himself on his feet again and bounding forward. He prances in a wide circle around his two creators, wagging his tail and his ears flopping, leaving a white powdery dust trailing behind him.

It is probably too late that he notices that their attentions have shifted elsewhere. They are talking to each other now, and the little snow puppy tilts his head to the side, watching them as though he could understand what they’re saying.

It is only when the blue mare steps forward that he moves again, giving a breathy, blizzardy bark and bounding after her. He wiggles his way through her legs, stopping at the side of one of her forelegs—in between the two, if the stallion has since moved to her side—and licking her skin with any icy tongue before looking up at her. He holds her gaze for a moment before looking over to the black stallion, his mis-matched stone eyes flat and blank, allowing them to put the words on his face.

The waning light of day falls over them, glistening off the icy powder of Boots’ body as though he is covered with glitter. Wagging his tail, he looks again to each of his creators and gives them a happy bark, before plopping down among his sister flakes. There he lowers his head, resting it on his paws as he was before, and falls back asleep.

The magic fades away with the light.
Image Credit | @Mortuus Nox