the Rift

Is This An Omen [Open]

Tournesol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The occasional beams of light cascading onto a golden coat, which shimmered and stood out from the greens that surrounded. The figure had a long mane dragging behind with twigs and dried mud on the ends, hooves the same with little grey peaking through. The head hung low, the long day and travel has taken its toll on this small young body.

Nostrils flared, breathing steadily as eyes of green scanned the area. Hooves hitting the soft soil, barely making a sound; ears perked anticipating, listening to the sounds of chirps and critters running around in the nearby foliage.

Why had she left her home for the misery of traveling alone? Was it worth the loneliness and peril that plagued her every day? She longed to come across another in the vast wilderness she’s been through. For the company and reassurance that someone would know if she ever did die on this never ending journey, on foreign land.

But she kept on, trudging through it all. There was a small side of her determined to prove those back home wrong. She’d wanted to see the world and to live a different life; she’s seen so much in her months of traveling than she’d ever thought to come across, however the latter wasn’t quite accomplished yet. Her heart was still searching for that place to call home once more, for those she could call her family.

The thought of the doubts, the laughs, and the old monotonous life she used to live ate at her being. At that moment, a small thrush landed on the path in front of her, she stopped and watched the little thing as it stared at her, in her eyes, cocking its head to the side. It stood there, fluttered its wings before putting them back down along its body. A few moments had passed before the brown feathers disappeared into the green of the trees surrounding.

To most it would seem to be a little odd occurrence, simply nothing to be paid much thought to. However, Tournesol, her name derived from that of nature, believed that maybe this day would bring good fortunes. Or at the very least it would be a little different from the majority of the simple, dull days she’s had on this expedition.

NOTES;; First Post!! ^^
TAG;; @---
image credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Slipping easily back into the narrow pathways of the threshold once more the white mare couldn't help but feel slightly comforted by the forest surrounding her. Half of her life here in Helovia had been spent within the thickly forested Edge and it was this in which she missed the most. It had provided a way to hide herself from the rest of the world when she could no longer face the daily trials. A sound barrier for all those nights she had needed to slip away and just cry where no one could see her tears. It was a comfort that she no longer had access to since the herd had moved to the Falls. Slowly she had been getting accustomed to its vast expanse of territory but on those days when she needed to comforting touch of something familiar she found herself grasping at straws. 

Filling her lungs slowly she allowed herself to sink back into a much more relaxed state of mind as she wandered not really sure what she was looking for. Was it the lush density that she had missed or was it the safety of the trees that she longed for, either one she knew she had come to the right place. The deep forest would have sufficed but that place held many memories that she was not wanting to resurface and cause her more pain. Aeolus had given her so much but as time passed he was growing up and becoming much more aware of the little things she had been attempting to hide all these years. She hated lying to him but she could not let the burdens of her past horror story become ones that he should have to deal with. Everyone he knew was kind and so unlike those she had met back then it was not fair to bring that side of the picture to life and taint his thoughts. He had suffered too much already with the loss of his brother it was the least she could do to help shield him from the harsh realities of this life.

Deep in thought the pale mare had become less aware of things going on around her so when she finally snapped back to reality she nearly jumped out of her skin at the sight of another nearby. Hushing her rapid heart beat back down to a more normal range she realized that the stranger had thankfully not noticed her just yet. Taking another calming breath she observed the mare for a moment or two before deciding to approach. From where she stood the mare looked worn and a little ragged, perhaps from her journey? The least she could do was offer to help and provide a haven for her to rest and recover her strength. Nickering softly as a kind greeting she paused a number of feet away letting the mare discover her presence on her own terms not wanting to startle her. After a moment she cautiously approached but still kept her distance should anything go badly. "Hello? I do hope I'm not intruding. I couldn't help but notice your wandering. My name is Brisa and if you wish I can show you a place you could rest for awhile safely."
She commented gently half bracing herself should the girl startle. All she needed was to make her nervous but she did look as if she could use some rest. 

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night
The threshold was alive. Birds soared overhead, chirping their songs. Squirrels and chipmunks scurried into their trees and in the thick underbrush, free from their hibernation. Birdsong was aptly named - the world was singing its song of rebirth.

The midnight warrior moved effortlessly through the threshold. She wound through the trees, leapt over fallen boughs, avoided the thick slopping mud. She enjoyed the softness of this soil compared to the hardness of the permafrost that floored her home in the Aurora Basin. The corporal found a certain ease in travelling this land. It was lush and green and beautiful, and it brought out the best of her spirits. Besides, who wouldn't be thrilled now that the harsh Frostfalll had finally broken, and the crippling bitter cold was finally banished until next year?

Splashing into a brook, the girl dipped her head and sucked deep gulps of water. The river was still cool from the melting ice and snow, and she enjoyed it's crispness. It wasn't until she heard another creature, something much larger than the squirrels and woodpeckers, moving through the forest, that broke her relaxation. She did not feel fear, or defensive, for this was a free land. Instead, curiosity edged her forward. She slipped quietly through the thickening underbrush until she found the newcomer.

Standing in the dappled sunlight stood a mare who appeared to be spun from gold. She looked exhausted, but it didn't stop her marvelous coat from shining like molten sunshine. The sun mare, dipped in earthy browns, also sported a unique crown upon her brow. Ki'irha stood silently, watching the golden mare intently. Mud and twigs had matted the ends of the girls long tresses, and her hooves were buried under a thick layer of caked mud as well. But Ki'irha herself hadn't quite come into the Threshold looking one hundred percent. All this girl needed, to the blue's assumption, was a safe place to lay her head, and rejuvenate her spirits.

Before Ki'irha was able to approach the stranger, a white equine emerged from the foliage. She greeted the stranger warmly, though the warrior couldn't quite make out the rest.

Stepping from her spot in the shadows, the starry unicorn cleared her throat softly so as not to surprise the pair. "Hello," she began, addressing the golden, dipping her head in greeting. Her voice was warm and sweet. She turned and nodded gently to the dappled mare, sharing the same sentiment. Though lesser than her, the equine still deserved a greeting. "My name is Ki'irha. Welcome to Helovia. You stand now in the Threshold, which is free land to whoever may need a place to rest. But with its freedom comes a certain lack of safety."  The blue looked troubled for a moment, thinking back to when she was tired and vulnerable, and wondered what may have happened if she had not been guided away from this place. She then smiled, continuing. "If I may be so bold, it appears you have been traveling far. I am more than happy to lead you to a place of safety and shelter, even if just for the time being. It is among others of our kind. I can promise it would do wonders to a weary heart to have a place to call home. Though, if the vegabond life is what you seek, we can still provide a place to recoup some strength." 

The blue warrior watched, trying to read the golden, and waited. It was a lot, she was sure, to be presented with choices, especially in her current state. But the newcomer was sure to make a decision she thought best, and begin carving out a new story in this new place.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

Lost in her thoughts, she was slightly started and tense once she saw the grey mare approach. She was cautious as to not provoke her, but still extended a friendly offer for some shelter and safety. She considered the offer, sitting silent for a moment, but remained watching just in case this mare was deceiving her. Should she be trusted? She was after all an older equine and appeared to be gentle in her ways.

However, at that some moment of contemplation, another mare, actually a filly, of a starry coat approached. She provided more information, than the previous mare, and also extended the same generosity.

These two must be from different herds, she guessed, it would make sense. They extended the same offer, but there was obviously a choice needing to be made. She was in a foreign land, alone, young, and weak. It would be a wise decision to accept. Now the question is to where and with whom.

Tournesol felt the information she held was more than inadequate for such a decision. “Hello,” greeting both mares and nodding in each of their directions.  “May I ask where you both come from? I do not know this place, I do not know you both. But I would like to get a better idea of the lands you are inviting me to. I care about my safety, as I’m sure you understand, and I wish to make an informed decision rather than blindly choose one.”  She hoped that she was not ruining her chances at keeping both offers open, but in the end, she knew it would be the right one for her.

As she sat and waited for the explanations to come to come from the mares, or for them to recall their offer and leave, excitement lit in her heart. Maybe Helovia would be her new place to call home. Has she finally made it to the place she’s meant to be?

NOTES;; ---
TAG;; @Brisa @Ki'irha
image credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Drawing closer it was only now that she realized the complex colour pattern that decorated this lovely mare. Taking a moment to study it with fascination she only perked her ears up as feminine vocals cut through the silence. At first she had thought it to be the lone girl she had come across but as her eyes followed her ears up she seen that another new face was wandering towards them. This mare was quite striking herself with a brilliant midnight blue coat that literally looked like the night sky. Why did everyone have such pretty coats and while she was stuck with the boring old white? Maybe someday she would figure out how to make herself look pretty by dying her coat or something. The most colour she had on her was the small teardrop charm braided into her long mane but it was better than nothing she supposed. 

From what she could tell the midnight girl was from somewhere around here but she couldn't quite place the smell. While she was familiar with both the Edge and the Falls she didn't know a lot about the other two herds that seemed to make up majority of the population. One was cold and the other was hot, that was the extent of that knowledge which was neither helpful or explanatory.  Ki'irha... mulling over the name in silence for a second she placed it somewhere up in her brain in the hopes of remembering it should they ever meet again. Returning the gracious nod she awaited the conversation to come back around to her so she could explain her story. It would likely have been helpful if she had started it off with more of an explanation but hey she was doing her best with the limited social experience she had gained since her arrival here. The way the unicorn talked was much different than those she had met along the way for when she indicated her herd she was specific to state of their species. Great one of those who believe themselves to be superior to all the rest, just the kind of people she loved to meet. Letting it roll off her shoulders she chose not to say anything on the subject and just let the conversation proceed without an argument. 

"My apologies for not mentioning it earlier. Anyways, I come from a place known as the Hidden Falls or formally the Foothills. It's a wondrous place at this time of the year with the waterfalls, the pristine landscape and of course the cliffs that surround us. We are more than happy to help anyone in need and will not turn anyone away needing a safe haven to rest or a more permanent accommodation." She described thinking to all the things she had first noticed about their home when they had arrived. "I am one of the crafters of the herd but have also done some work with our healers. There are many different options should you wish to join one of our ranks such as the warriors, the doctors, the story tellers or the spies, and all those such things." Finishing she was actually happy with her description for once as it didn't sound all jumbled up together. "I don't know much about the other three herds here in Helovia but i'm sure Ki'irha will explain all about her home."

Smiling kindly to Tournesol she was hoping that she might chose to give her the opportunity to show her around a little more but ultimately the decision was up to her. Whatever herd she chose she was sure to find a good home at any of the locations. 

•• TAGS: @Tournesol  , @Ki'irha  •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The midnight unicorn was quiet as the golden mare asked her questions, waiting for the snowy dame to answer first. She took the time to consider her answer. The Basin was a true safe haven. With the sentinals guarding the opening, ready to animate if an intruder approached, and a tall wall of mountains cradling the herd, there was an incredible safety that came with living there. Sure, it would take time adjusting to the weather, but the strong would survive, and the weak would be strengthened. Win-win.

"The Aurora Basin is the epitome of safety. We are nestled in the northern mountains, and we are a strong group. We are embraced by a magnificent mountain range, where the one open pass to enter our herdlands is protected by massive metal guardians, ready to spring to life if we are infiltrated. We welcome our newcomers to learn a trade, with mentors who are incredibly skilled in their crafts. I am the Corporal, and proudly lead and follow in a military that is gentle to their own, but a force to be reckoned with. And our healers and crafters, they are knowledgeable and kind, and eager to provide. They are always looking for new apprentices, so should you have a desire to learn, you will have someone to take you in. As you rest your weary hooves, you will never need to worry of your safety. And, a particular perk of my home that I love more than anything, is the wonderful hot springs." She stepped closer to the unicorn, her silvers catching emeralds. The blue mare broke away from the bright recruitment speech, to speak of something else. The state the unicorn doe was in reflected a difficult journey. She spoke a bit softer now. "I was like you, not long ago. Tired and weary, looking for a purpose. I only assume that is what you have come looking for, as many who have passed through this threshold have come here much like you, tired and sore and ready for a new life. But myself? Well, I was lost. I was lonely. I was cast away into a world that was mine for the taking, but I was unsure how to do so. When I was found by a unicorn here by the name of d'Artagnan, he brought me home. I found what I needed in the Basin."She leaned back, voice resuming it's previous nature. "Besides, they may have waterfalls, but our skies are painted with incredible northern lights, unlike anything I've ever seen."She turned her head, giving a little wink to Brisa.

She dropped her head down, gingerly pulling a tangled twig from the mane of the newcomer. Motherly, almost, but with a desire to help. "I can offer you so much more than a home. And if not, maybe a hot soak will at least prepare you to continue your journey. I invite you to follow me, and see for yourself."

The blue warrior took her place beside the snowy dappled healer, watching and waiting to see if she would return home alone, or with another by her side.
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
The elephant wandered the Threshold, again seeking to offer a home to those wandering souls who wandered- purposefully or not- into Helovia. He had been so sorely in need of a home— of a purpose— when he had arrived. He was happy and eager to pay this offer forward.

So when his large, plodding steps bring him upon a group of three mares—two of which were describing their respective Falls and Basin— he could not help the lopsided grin that crossed over his broad face. He dropped his great head slightly, so as not to tower over the others quite so much.

The newcomer Brisa and the Basin mare addressed was slender, and she nearly matched the Birdsong season in which she arrived. Her highlights gleamed against the new growth around her. She was more delicately built than the grey mare of the Falls and obvious blue warrior of the Basin. Tembovu’s dark blue eyes studied the newcomer as he waited for the athletic mare to finish speaking of the Basin’s safety. Disbelief flashed through him, though he tried to not let it seep into his face— for he shouldn’t allow his personal dislike of the Basin to color this lovely new mare’s perception of the land.

Finally, he nodded a greeting, thick black horn slicing through the air. “Hello, sorry for my late interruption,” a wry smile, “I am Tembovu, the Glazier of the World’s Edge. And I second my fellow Helovian’s welcome,” there is a question at the end of his words as he silently asks the newcomer's name.

“If you’ll forgive my tardiness, I can also offer you a place at the Edge. It is at the westernmost point of Helovia with cliffs that overlook our sea. It’s quite a sight to behold— though we are a relatively small herd in comparison to the Basin, and are in the process of rebuilding,” he gives a slightly rueful smile. “I can offer you home and work if you so choose— for there is plenty of it,” he pauses, glancing once more at the other mares, “You’ve quite the choice before you, my lovely lady. I do not envy having to make the decision,” he cocked a hind leg, further reducing his great height, as he relaxed in the presence of the three striking mares.
Image // Coding

ooc| I hope you don't mind Temb adding to the competition :P And welcome to Helovia! @Tournesol @Brisa @Ki'irha

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered

The grey mare spoke first, describing a place riddled with beautiful scenery. She seemed trustworthy and gentle as she spoke so highly of the place she resides. Sol could picture herself, bathing and relaxing in the light of the sun as the water cascaded down her body, a bath would do her good as she was sure she looked rather tattered and weak.

Next, Ki’irha spoke, the starry young mare.  She spoke of safety and large numbers, more structure and harsher conditions. However, after she related with a story of her own. Tournesol felt with this mare, the feeling of loneliness grew inside her once more, just as she felt only moments ago. Maybe if this mare could find purpose and the Basin to call home, it could be for her.

Unexpectedly, a large stallion, a unicorn approached. She was surprised to have run into so many others in just moments, maybe Helovia was highly populated, or quite possibly it wasn’t that big. Which one, she wasn’t sure, but she gave this stallion his chance to speak.

Tembovu, as the stallion called himself, again described another herd, in another place. What a great geographic variety in this area.  But what stuck out to her in his contribution, is that they were a building herd, a place where she could be apart of the creation of a great herd. An instant purpose in this growing power.

Tournesol felt a little overwhelmed, the stallions statement spot on.  Three options, all very different, all possible different lives she may lead. This was a life changing choice, it mustn’t be weighed so lightly. But she knew the time for question and pondering must come to an end and quick, the times was now.

After those moment of contemplation and weighing of options, her mind was set, she knew where her heart was telling her to go.

In deep thought, she interrupted the decision making to provide information of herself, she had forgotten to provide amid all commotion. “Forgive my rudeness,” ,she shook her head ashamed of her manners, “I’m Tournesol, but you all may call me Sol.” A little embarrassed she hadn’t introduced herself, but who could blame her, it had been many miles since she’s talked with another. Now that this slight interruption was over, she went back to weighing her options.

Sol took a deep breath before she began to speak again, “I would first like to thank you all, I appreciate your offerings and concern for my well-being and safety. After careful consideration, I have chosen to go with…” Another breath, there was no going back now. “I’ve decided to take up Tembovu’s offer. I feel the chance to help rebuild a herd, to immediately help, is something I’ve been looking for. I hope there is no hard feelings and maybe, while I may soon call Helovia and the World’s Edge home, we may see each other again.”  

She nodded to both the mares, she greatly appreciated their kindness, but her heart knew her best. She turned to Tembovu, anxiety and nerves building both unsure and excited. “You may lead the way to the World’s Edge.”

NOTES;; ---
TAG;; @Brisa @Kiirha @Tembovu
image credits