the Rift

[OPEN] Branches and Constellations [Welcoming]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
I'm on fire and I can't stop burning
The meadow had come to pass and so had the mournful heart caves. They had melded together as if one land altogether until Essetia could no longer decipher how far she and Masanori had travelled. Too many times the Sleuth –a sleuth always- had travelled back to her home in the Hidden Falls. The journey had been much shorter then or at least shorter by comparison to the Throat. Yet, even in the silence that wafted between them, Essetia felt comfortable. She knew well enough the waters that surrounded her new home and reveled in the imaginary wings that would one day carry her above the earth in order to deliver her to the other side.

Even Romul fancied the idea of the magic key that allowed their kin access to the desert of the south, though he wouldn’t admit it to anyone other than his Queen.

Millstone after millstone passed by without notice until both Essetia and Romul had grown tired of both the snow and the unperturbed silence of travel. No amount of conversation could make up for the roads ahead of and behind them… and they hadn’t even arrived in the snow-dusted Throat and its vast expanse of dunes and wild bramble. They hadn’t even laid eyes on the browning cacti or the sparse, desert trees. They hadn’t stood waiting at the borders in awe, watching as the waters that surrounded their home lapped against the adjacent shore. Yet, all of those things were moments Essetia had once experienced upon arriving in the Throat; the only difference now was that she was firmly planted on the other side of such an encounter.

Again Romul experienced a desire to wander and he did so when at last the familiar southern landscape became more apparent. The new Sleuth herself had begun to question whether or not she would be granted the access to cross freely into her new home -and position- but also knew that there were ways around the cautionary system that was the Throat’s security. Thanks to the lovely Diviner, Essetia had been ushered to and from the desert, but of course the mare couldn’t rely on the Priestess to remedy all her woes. She had only to depend on her own sense of self-worth and her own primal desires to take what was hers and to accomplish what she thought she could not.“It’s just up ahead,” Essetia motioned with a flick of her eyes. In her time travelling south, the mare had grown comfortable with Masanori and his dream-like qualities. There was something admirable in the way he presented himself, a wavering mirage by any name, and a softness that did not escape her. “I could explain many things about the Throat for you, but I find that it’s best to see everything for yourself,” she commented casually. “Clearly, I come from a desert home, but it won’t disappoint. I’ve spent many nights searching for flaws Masanori, but even I could not find one.
Image Credit

@[Masanori]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Masanori Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Masanori

It was fascinating for him to discover what these Helovians might have considered as trivialities. Pleased, somehow, that he knew nothing of the discourse awaiting him beyond the threshold. Such was his curiosity with these companions. This third sense – as he described it now. Perhaps along with their emotional ties, thoughts and senses could traverse through this gate. For now he kept his mouth shut, and allowed his mind to treasure the subtle accounts from the mare and her wolf fellow.

But he had always been alone. In being alone he found reassurances; even if the world was something he could not control. Would he discover what she had meant by that then? Finding comfort in someone else…? The idea appeared nearly impossible, something he couldn’t discern churned at the thought. Fear in its many forms pricked his senses. For what purpose though, was unclear. Briefly he fancied the thought despite its fictitious presence.

The stallion’s ears flickered nonetheless. And listened, ever, for the soft footfalls of the one that trailed behind them.

He lifted his gaze when her words burned with ire. His eyes not quick enough to catch her grin. “I can’t say… It would surprise me if someone fought for no reason at all.”

As they stood upon the threshold of the Thistle Meadows, the stallion could not find an answer to her question. She seemed certain she had already answered that for him. Perhaps this was so. For the ease of comfort he nodded his head, rather than tackle the imperfections of his speech with one whom he had grown fond of.

‘Good.’

He looked back as she went forward. Searching for feathers or the antlers he had found guidance in. Masanori’s heart did not yearn for much. His body would among all other things, in terms of thirst and hunger. But even the heart could make the mind and body move with a power beyond his knowledge. For his heart yearned for their good blessing.

And yet the seconds rolled on, and his hallucinations did not beckon from the forest’s depths.

Alone.

With a snort he bounded forward, tossing his head ahead with the same motion. Splashing into meadow depths to chase after the mare. Believing that she would take his word for what it meant, and think nothing special of his hesitant approach towards the Meadows. Resisting the urge to sprint against the frosted earth when he’d fell in step just behind.

There wasn’t a need to continue conversation. The paint was pleased to allow his eyes the chance to roam out into the lands they crossed. Finding more wonders and oddities that fueled the childish curiosity within. And as ever, the scents of that Threshold faded, trading their presence with that of Helovia. Whatever and whoever these Helovians may be.

He vaguely recognized the smell of salt air, and the oceanic tastes rising off their waters. Harder to discern, now that the air was chilled, and burned his nostrils should he invite the air with too powerful an inhale. But the air was turning, a certain warmth slowly crawled into the atmosphere. The beaches ahead of them an unfamiliar sight, and yet, one that he welcomed. He responded with a rumble, trusting her knowledge, and agreeing with a humble awareness of the things he would have to discover. There was no other pleasure, and perhaps in time he would find the reason for staying.

“What makes you so certain Essetia?”

It was odd to hear his name spoken from another voice, other than his own. Despite the dwindling desire to speak - and rely on what some might consider the archaic dialogue of body language - he would sing and speak from time to time. Knowing that no one would hear him. Like so many ideas and thoughts cast away into darkness, his voice had little reason to take valuable form and sense.

For this reason, he had taken this opportunity to say her name in turn. Strangely, he thought it made him more serious when he did. And laughed quietly at himself from inside his head.
Image Credits!

@[Essetia]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
I'm on fire and I can't stop burning
”What makes you so certain Essetia?”

It was a fair question that the sleuth had somehow been expecting, but still wasn’t certain she could answer. She’d only been a member of the Throat for a short time after all. Yet, there was something powerful about the south, something grand and unusual from her previous homes in both the World’s Edge and the Hidden Falls. They were just as mysterious to her as Bucephalus had been when mentioning his plans for the sneak ranks. Essetia hoped to one day understand what he’d meant and also find her place within the desert family… but what made her so certain that she would never find disappointment?

Perhaps it was the fact that she was riding on them, hoping that the dragons of the south were all that they were rumored to be. She assumed it was her faith in them that allowed her such confidence… and she wasn’t planning on confessing otherwise.

The mare turned slowly to face her newest recruit, her eyes a glazed mirror of wonder and doubt. “Each of us has a path I think… and fate saw it fit that I find you,” the bay began softly. Her stare travelled the expanse of her home, tracing the flat line of glittering, snow-touched sands and barren, browned palm trees. Summer would bring life back to the south as well as the vibrant colors she’d so longingly imagined. Everything around them had faded and dulled without the heat of the Tallsun climate, but the Throat had only succumbed to a wintry sleep. When its eyes again opened to peer back at them, Masanori would understand how unique the desert was. “Besides, I’ve been to every corner of Helovia and I’ve seen the exotic jungle of the Hidden Falls, lived alongside the mists of the World’s Edge, and even spent a short time beneath the great northern lights of the Aurora Basin. This-” she motioned resolutely toward the shimmering waters as they lapped against opposing shores, “-is where I’ve felt most at home.

When her attention was restored to the paint with eyes of contrasting color, one blue and one brown, she smiled. She noticed two themes there: the ocean and the earth. He’d said that he’d travelled for most of his life and Essetia could see it there in his eyes. She thought that maybe Masanori had gathered pieces of his travels and taken them with him everywhere he went. Perhaps he’d seen what secrets existed beyond the Endless Blue or he’d managed to take refuge even further north than the Bain itself. Yet, somehow he’d ended up in the Throat with her. It didn’t matter now what she said to try and convince him of the land’s magnificence- he could clearly see it for himself if he wanted.

He just had to overcome whatever doubts hindered his interpretation of it, just like she had done only a few weeks prior.
Image Credit

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity