the Rift

[OPEN] Uprising

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
your fears have just become all too real

Mortuus found him self looking for the Healers cave, he had some questions to ask Lena. His black mane and tail tresses flew behind him like a black ghostly flag. The last time he had seen Lena is when she healed him of those voices plaguing his every thought and action. The frozen earth started to crumble under his weight giving way to the rich grass under him. He was looking for Lena because he wanted to move up in rank, but also because he had a lot of herbs wrapped in a large leaf for the healers cave. He had collected so many of the things he could not keep track of them. The bundle of herbs hung from his black maw. He started to grow closer and closer to the healers cave and as he did he set down the large bundle at the entrance of the cave. He stood there looking into the depths. This cave always smelt so nice compared to the others. He searched for Lena then his deep Latin laced voice flooded the cave."Lena are you there?"

He prayed the bay mare would appear from the darkness of the cave. He wanted to ask her if he could join the Medic rank of the menders. He knew there were not very many of them and he wanted to help the herd as much as he could. He had grown to know a lot about Herbs and how to heal someone with out the use of Magic. He wanted to grow in this task, and try to heal others whenever it was needed. His black pelt glistened of scars over his body as the sun started to peer through the clouds. Lord only knew when something would pop up in the Basin. It had been very quiet around these parts since he had been there, but that does not mean a single thing. Something can always strike when you least expect it.

"Talk."

Open to all, i just ask you let @Lena post first

ready to make a deal with the devil?
image credits

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Despite the raw beauty and sullen awe of Orangemoon, the Songbird hadn’t ventured too far out into its void. Perhaps the crisp, fallen leaves and the cold, chilling way in which nature decayed – elegant, but withering, refined, but wilting, wasn’t what she cared to witness. She stayed amongst the freshly fallen snow instead, wandering through their precious, laden crystals and fine powder, gathering bits and pieces of herbs still tucked beneath heavily-laden boughs or tangled moss. Months were soon approaching where there would be no access to any plants at all; when the tundra was locked in its eternal abyss, frozen in time, in space, and the plants nestled within their caverns would be the only stores available for mending. Her magic was strong, powerful, and righteous – but no one knew what the future held, no one knew what twisted, contorted designs and mechanisms the world had concocted, and she’d rather be prepared than face the immoral, heartless, licentious void alone. Sometimes a song, a tune, would not be enough, and could only become a dirge, a lament, a requiem.

They pressed amongst the stones and rubble, puttering along the winding caves, Imogen providing a guiding light with her gentle embers dancing along the edge of her tails. Lena peeked and searched, eyes roaming their vast stores, pieces of willow-bark or diamond-leaf, stems drying from the heat of fires and the dry nourishment of the earth. She smiled, gently, winking towards her bonded, lowering her maw to ensure proper scents and cleanliness of the plants, before wandering back, further and further – perhaps hoping to get lost in the endless array, the eternal diversions, sweeping away all the other thoughts, all the other sentiments, to the back of her mind. The nymph always strived to forget, but forever neglected the duty, tormenting herself despite her strong will, despite her convictions, despite all her resolution, determination, and everything she stood for. Her gaze went from stalk to stalk, stem to stem, formidable and enduring, as if she was old as the walls herself, having seen and done and remembered so many wondrous and horrible things.

She would’ve traversed deeper and deeper, maybe until she became truly, utterly strayed, frozen in place, another one of the statues amongst the granite, but a voice reverberated through the grand hall, familiar and bold, ensuring and snatching her attention from the melancholy oaths strung through her heart. The lithe sylph released a breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding, watched it puff and flicker away in the darkness, and when Imogen chirped her back into life, she committed a small, tender grin, and followed her from whence they came – dignified, regal, and gentle, not allowing the world to see she was slowly falling apart.

Her eyes adjusted back into the light as the figure became framed in a silhouette of the gray, bitter sky outside her walls, blinking once or twice to rid herself of the reverie haunting her, developing one more beam when she drew nearer to the black figure of Mortuus Nox. While Imogen traced her way towards her side, the Mender greeted him with warmth and camaraderie, bowing her head against her chest, recalling the days from seasons before, when the man had seemed naught more than a beast, burdened by his own demons. Her voice, airy and light, traveled along the aperture, good and just and benevolent, appearing the same as always. “I am. How can I help you, Nox? I trust you’re doing well?” Her careful, scrutinizing stare caught the tender shoots and leaves of more herbs resting within his maw, and while curiosity dazzled, she said not a word about it, presuming he’d have some explanation without her prying or ferreting.

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy

He waited for a bit then he heard a voice come from the depths of the cave. It was the song bird creeping out of the darkness of the cave. He smiled softly as she bowed her head to him. He tipped his great horned skull to his own chest out of respect and greetings to the mare that has healed so many. His stone cold eyes scanned across the cave then to the many herbs he had collected for the stock of the cave. He picked up the large leaf again and then his cracked hooves stepped on the cave floor. "I brought you some herbs to restock the cave for the winter. I figured some peppermint, chamomile, ginger root, Eucalyptus,St. Johns Wort, Tea leaves, and Witch Hazel could always be added to the stock of herbs you already have. " He smiled softly as he stood in front of her.
"Can I help you put them away, or clean out any of the old herbs?" He asked with a soft flick of his tail across his back. His eyes caught the gaze of the small companion next to her. He wondered what it was like to have one of these little creatures to keep him company.

He turned his attention to her next inquiry, truth is he was doing much better. There was light in his blackened soul now. He had not experienced that feel in a long time. He smiled and spoke with deep thundering words.
"All is wonderful, thank you for healing my inner demons. You really helped my a lot with everything. That is why I have come to you. I want to know if I can help you and this herd even more by becoming a Medic. " His old war beaten eyes looked into her high spirited orbs. He was wondering how she would respond to him asking this question. He was not the kindest thing to look at, his horns were like demonic spikes raising from his skull. His coat was like a shadow on the wall of the cave. His gray eyes pierced through the shadow of darkness with a stone cold feel, but he was a lot different than when they first met. He knew his path to life now, and he wanted to exceed in the healing world as much as he could. As hard as his features on his face were there was a new softness that was present now. It was very readable how much this stallion has changed, but the fate of this decision laid in Lena's hands.

"Talk."

@Lena

image credits

The Mender listened, and the smile conjured previously out of pretense, out of grandeur, became a real, tangible grin as the darker being offered and bestowed the plants he’d pulled and grasped from other lands. For the healers’ cave to be a recipient of such charity was a wholesome, beguiling, wondrous thing, and her spirit lifted at the notion that there were still kind souls out there, amongst the bulrushes and the barbs and the thorns. Through her delight, she obliged her mellifluous tones, gazing in wonder at the massive amount of stalk he’d managed to procure and collect. “Goodness – we’re very grateful for your efforts. I hope they weren’t too difficult to obtain?” She stepped aside, motioning him within the cavern threshold, marveling at the stems, stalks, and flora soon to be harbored in their cold moors. At his next query, her eyes softened all the more, and she laughed at his notion of helping and assisting; perhaps time had worn her down to presuming all the work would come from her or Enna, spending their days tending, mending, observing, and accumulating more and more wares – but she would gladly accept the offer of support. “You’ve been quite helpful already! I couldn't thank you enough!” She winked, encouraged and obliged, maneuvering through the hallowed, hollowed stones and the cold, stony floor, beckoning him to follow with a shift of her head and a gesture towards the inner corridors of the chambers. Imogen bounded ahead, a beacon, a light, all over again, curling embers and stoking coals to aid in their sight down the dusky halls. “But if you insist, perhaps you could put them over here?” Her maw dropped, softly nudging a smaller bundle of herbs from another day’s fruitful journey, and Imogen danced a sprig or two, chirping all the way as they placed plants in their respective sites. “We always have some older herbs to clean out,” she continued, wandering down lanes lit by kitsune fire and promise, turning her cranium, her crown, when they neared a specific spot for each plant, and she took away the dried, elderly concoctions from prior seasons, long since passed their use, wondering if perhaps even she was past her own.

But at his next vocals, she shifted her entire attention to the beast – marveling at the entire change in his demeanor. She remembered him as an alarming cretin, disheveled, tormented, bending to forms of decay, to power, to demons he thought commanding and controlling him. But now, now he seemed brighter, bolder, lending and bending to some other higher virtue, to sentiments not worn and tethered by sin, but perhaps by refinement. Her smile enveloped over her features again, all whimsy, all heart, all benevolence and warmth, regarding his alterations and aspirations. Melodies, harmonies, and benedictions conjured, sagacious and controlled, admiring his hankerings and desires, but hoping they were in the right place – she didn’t want him to waste his hours in a fledgling role, in a mending regard, if it wasn’t what he truly craved. “Have you found your purpose? Is healing where you yearn to grow?”

Lena</style>

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy

He smiled at her reaction, the bay mare seemed extremely great-full that he had brought the herbs to her. He watched as her small fox like companion chirped happily picking up some of the things he gathered. Lena let a softer expression fall on her face as she looked over each herb. He started to pick some of the leaves up as she was telling him he did enough for her. "I figured it was time to start looking for herbs. The winter can be brutal so I went on a small trip. They were pretty easy to find for the most part, but I knew it had to be done. They should not expect you and Enna to do all the gathering. " He walked following Lena back into the cave. He looked at each herb until he figured out where the leaves he carried went. He looked at the old dry herbs and placed them on the stone ground to be taken outside. He gently placed the new herbs in their place and then went back to the pile he had gathered to put away more."I am always willing to help you clean this stuff out and stock it Lena. I will make sure I stop by more to see if you need herbs or help with anything. It is the least I can do for you." He chuckled with a roaring voice as he looked to her smiling face.

As he now picked up the tea leaves he listened to her as if this is what he really wanted to do. Gray eyes looked at the warm mare while he walked to the shelf with the Tea leaves. Carefully he placed them in their spot. "I have thought about this for a long time Lena. I admire your will t help others. I want to hopefully be as light hearted as you one day. I have found a love with the herbs and knowing that others can come to me when they are hurt for help makes me feel good. I want to further my experience with mending. I want you to teach me everything you know Lena. This is my passion." He looked to the mare with a look of determination. He wanted to learn all the could learn , and he wanted to help others when it was needed. He smiled as he turned back to taking the old herbs off the shelf. His heart flickered a bit inside waiting to she what she would say about the promotion he was asking for. Hopefully she was on the same page.

"Talk."

@Lena

image credits

He was an altogether different figure now – she studied, scrutinized, and examined with silent cordiality. The sylph was grateful to the hours Ashamin had spent with him, guiding him along paths and trails beneath the bright, blinking stars and constellations, for the sway he’d lent and mastered. She was content for the great, big beast who’d dabbled in distortion to finally found something he craved and yearned for – beyond the scope of chaos and collapse, for they truly had enough of those beings around – something embodying spirit and healing instead of wretched animosity. He chuckled instead of withered, he laughed instead of stared with heartless entropy. She was glad, somehow, someway, not everyone within the icy realm became tethered to the cold, became tied and shackled and lacquered with nonchalance and chilling, endless reticence. Not everyone dwindled. Not everyone scorched and blazed, then died out, fizzled into soot and ash. Not everyone disappeared into the great beyond.

While Imogen chirped and batted at several leaf fronds, the Mender listened to Nox’s words, his passion, his sentiments, all the things he desired and all the notions laid between the cave and snow. She smiled again, radiant and determined, beheld by his resolution and intentions – who knew where they’d lead him, how far he’d go, but with the right amount of boldness, the penchant for ambition, the craving for aspiration, she couldn’t see anything but grandness and distinction. However, not all roads were easy, and she wanted to ensure his seriousness, his caliber, his strength and potency in a field of medicine and tending. Could he do all the things he claimed? Could he snag and clench and grasp all the things he craved? “Thank you,” she responded to his compliments, laughing a little because she wasn’t always so light-hearted, she wasn’t always so kind, but it was nice to be seen that way. The mellifluous vocals continued, rapturous stare segmenting on his features, brow arching in a regal, dignified manner. “I’ll give you a task, if you’re up to it, to determine if you are fit for the Medic position.” The angelic smile spun, wider and broader, just as determined, just as fortified, one more column of ice and stone, speculative and wondering, guileful and wry. “You must find three herbs within the wild lands. If possible, I’d like them to be from different terrain. Take your time and examine them, discover what they can do, how they can nurture our herd.” She winked once more, ignited and sparked, kindling the old, whimsical nature, the fairy, fey essence she used to curl from blossoms and petals, from soft, dulcet croons and beatific melodies. “Return here when you find them. Show me what you’ve found and learned.”

[Mortuus Nox has been given an expedition! No time limit – he must find three different herbs from three different wild lands. Try to figure out how they can help the herd. ^_^]

Lena</style>

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy

He continued to put the herbs away till non were left. He smiled watching the little fox chirp about their feet with joy. Then he heard Lena speak, she thanked him for the complement. He was only speaking what was true at this point. He had seen the light and he felt like Lena saw that in him. The way her attitude had changed since she had first met him, he knew that there was a drastic change in him. She seemed more trusting and more open to him now. He knew that had to be a big step. His gray eyes showed a glimmer of light in them as she spoke of an expedition. How interesting this would be. He listened to the mare as he absorbed every word that she spoke. She was giving him a task to try to help the Basin expand and grow with herbs. There had to be herbs out there that have not been discovered, he just had to come across them. He looked off into the light of the mouth of the cave. Nox did not mind this type of expedition, it was going to help him grow greatly as a healer.

He shook his nodding with Lena as she spoke. Then at the end he put a great deal of thought into what she just spoke. He looked to the small fox again with a smile then back out to the mouth of the cave. Nox took another moment to process everything then he spoke. "That sounds good to me. I am sure there are so many herbs that we have not discovered, and we could use those to our advantage. Just give me some time and I am sure I will find some herbs we have never seen or used before. I will be back when I am done. If you need me before then I will be around the Basin when I come home." He smiled as he started to walk out of the cave "Good Bye Lena, I will be back soon. Thank you for this opportunity. His deep voice rang through the cave as he stepped out into the icy grounds of the Basin.
"Talk."

@Lena

image credits