the Rift

[PRIVATE] it looks like i'm doomed forever

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer

The world has become dust and starlight.

Beneath Nymeria's hooves, familiar grass has turned to palest, finest sand. As far as the eye can see, silver 'ash' stretches in a dunelike landscape, rolling hills and whispering mountains eroded by the wind. Tangible shafts of moonlight strike the barren panorama haphazardly, thick, crystallized white pillars as physical as the soil. On the horizon line, the sky is a pale blue, darkening to a rich and verdant indigo overhead. There are neither stars, moon, nor sun, and yet everything gleams with an effervescent, inward lighting, a sort of phosphorescence as produced by deepwater fish—just... everywhere. It is also devoid of life—the world is Martian, empty and desolate, save for the arachnid wandering throughout.

Nymeria's nostrils cusp wide, inhaling the clear air. Like this... place... itself, the air is strangely sterile and untainted, with an almost metallic edge. Occasionally, a reek of smoke lingers—but Nym thinks that to be more caused by Lilómiel than any beast lurking in this contradictory landscape.

The air whumps as her black circles, his silhouette imposing against the backdrop of purple and navy. No longer is he small and fragile, situated at the bottom of the color hierarchy; he is massive, a colossal behemoth who takes up most of the sky. Each thud of his wings produces a great wind to go swirling outwards, ripping across the sand and shrieking against the moonlight pillars. His mouth and nostrils glows ceaselessly, rimmed in charcoal and flame, a constant preparation to burn; and yet she feels no inclination from his mind for him to do so. They are, here at least, strangely at peace, at ease with this peculiar world...

I get high, and I love to get low
So the hearts keep breaking, and the heads just roll

image credits
@[Ranjiri]

OOC: Dream thread ♥

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."
This place is strange.

Its not the sand that makes it strange, I live in the desert so I'm used to it. Okay... maybe the sand is a little strange. Why is it so pale? Why does it feel so cool to the touch? But its not just the sand that is strange, everything about this place just isn't right. I have to dodge what looks like shafts of moonlight because I can touch it and feel it, but there's no moon in the sky. No moon. No sun. No stars. And yet there's light. Everything seems to glow ... and its really freaky. I don't like it here. I don't like it at all and yet I can't ... I can't get out. Am I dreaming? Is this real? Where am I? Where is everyone else?

I don't want to be alone.

My insides feel like worms and snakes wriggling around, looking for some kind of escape and my heart feels like its going to beat right out of my chest. I knew very well what panic feels like and I know that I'm panicking. I just .... I want to leave. I don't want to be here. The air feels heavy to me, making it harder for me to breathe and calm myself, but how can I calm myself when I have so many unanswered questions? How can I be calm when I'm alone?

As I wonder about being alone its like she appeared out of nowhere. For a second I wonder if I'm really seeing someone or if this place has mirages like the desert does, but even as I wonder I'm drifting toward her, like a moth drawn to a flame. The air shifts, changes and when I look up at the sky I freeze because I've never seen a dragon so large before and it convinces me that I have to be trapped in some kind of nightmare. I just have to be.

"Is this real?" I whisper to her even though I doubt she can hear me.

"."

ooc://
omg, i'm sorry for taking so long.
and your description of this place reminds me of blackreach from skyrim :D
@[Nymeria]

Credits

aud pixel!

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer

There's black and gold on the horizon, the stark colors a sharp contrast to the mainly monochrome world around her. It takes a moment for the significance of that to permeate beyond the hazy serenity of Nymeria's mind. When it does hit her (and hit her hard it does) the equine comes to a sharp halt, lifting her head and flaring her nostrils. There's a scent of someone on the breeze (as would be expected)—something like desert sand and roses, and the faintest tinge of Confutatis. In this place of dull starlight, the unexpected scents are out of place, an incorrectly coded error.

It—she, he?—did not belong here.  

Still, caught in a sleepwalker's trance, Nymeria makes no effort to investigate the source. Rather, it's approaching her, and its indistinct form is slowly becoming sharp and altogether too clear for comfort. Black skin. Dark wings. Markings like twisted gold. And a horn. Lashes sweep and slide together, clearing red irises full of uncertainty. Yes. She is there still—a hybrid, a wrong.

A wind whispers around her hooves. Little creatures spring up from the pale sand, ghostly rabbits and birds formed of rock and stone, which dissipate as the breeze dies.

Ears flute forwards. Nym's head tips. Lilómiel's emotions should resonate within her, something to resolve her, to awaken her, but instead he is dull and silent, their bond muted. That itself should jar her, snap her into some sort of semi-waking; but instead, Nymeria sighs, the sound echoing queerly through the pillars. Slowly, idly, the equine filly lets her gaze rest upon the hybrid. Lips move, eerily too slowly for the speed of the words. The dragon above rises, circles, becoming no more than a distant smear of darkness in the sky.

"Why are you here?"

I get high, and I love to get low
So the hearts keep breaking, and the heads just roll

image credits
@Ranjiri

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

"Why are you here?"

"I don't know..." I whispered, my eyes still glued to the sand that had formed into little creatures that disappeared as quickly as they had formed. What was this place? "I don't even want to be here..." And I lifted my gaze from the sand to the skull faced filly that seemed a lot more comfortable and at ease in this crazy, wrong, mixed up world that I was trapped in.

I didn't like it.

I wanted the sun. I wanted real sand that was hot under my hooves. I wanted heat, wind, the salty smell of the ocean.

My eyes fell shut and I could picture everything I wanted in my head right there within my reach. I could feel the breeze lifting my mane from my neck and when I breathed in I could smell the tang of salty ocean air. Then I could feel heat on my back, like the sun was beating down on me with all the ferocity that I craved right at that moment.

But it couldn't, could it? Not while I was trapped in some land that was wrong on so many different levels.

My eyes snapped open and I sucked in a breath because all around me, almost in a perfect circle surrounding just me, the world had changed. The sand was like it was in the Dragon's Throat, a steady beam of sunlight shone down on me, and that salty ocean breeze continued to brush through my hair and ruffle my feathers. "Wha-what's going on?" I stammered.

"."

Credits

@Nymeria

aud pixel!