the Rift

[OPEN] We circle atoms with dust in our [dream]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

THE WEIGHT, I'M GONE – IN MY SKIN, I'M LOST
THIS SHIP WAS ONLY EVER BUILT TO FALL APART.

Tangled up in the soft whiteness of pastels, the boat slid forward – or backwards, side wards... she wasn't aware – as they lay draped in the cushions of clouds. Velvet mist. But the sunlight couldn't be far away, for the white was so vividly glimmering in her eyes that she had to look down. Seeing the graceful, perfect growing ripples the boat spread out behind its trail in the water. All to slowly. For somehow they hadn't gotten anywhere this whole time. And so the water seemed endless and forever: Glowing like pearls.

The boat creaked as she moved her head up.

She saw her own reflection: Sitting in the embrace of the wood, legs half dangling over the sides, long locks of cloud-white mane falling down and hanging in the water as the boat continued to pull itself forward towards nowhere. Her eyes looked tired under the halo of light. She looked at it with unfamiliarity, for there were no shades at all in this conceptual world. Only reflections.

She rested her chin on the wood. But she felt unsure what to search for in the blue and green hues of the peaceful water. She blinked her lashes, feeling the dampness of the mist weighing them down: The nestling of crystals, as if they wanted her to close her eyes.

She felt like falling asleep; felt as if the moist air had filled her head with clouds too. But somewhere she felt the sparkle of her life; her awareness.

Reality.

Which this was not.

A foul frown grew in grisly ripples around her crystal-bordered eyes; smudging divinity. Leaking something unfamiliar to Tranquility into the serene and calm of this liquid world of untruth.

But the boat still slid forward.
The cotton clouds lay in their plums unmoved.

All else was still in tact.

And she wondered where nowhere exactly was.

@[Reginald]
Of course she is dreaming in pastels :|

image credits
Please tag me 

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 28px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: cambria; font-size: 12px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

With all this fever in my mind
I could aim for your kerosene eyes
He sees her—gliding on a waveless, ripple-less pond, shrouded in mist; it is the serenity of her arrival that enrages him, taunts him endlessly, sends his heart careening in careless fits of red and black.

He slithers forward to the shore; the ground melts beneath him, black tar that grasps his scales and drips into nothingness below. He does not care to pay attention; it is the reality he inhabits. It simply is. He does not care for the implications.

“You’re late,” he bites, serpent’s teeth and tongue clicking in disapproval as she glides near enough for speech. Grey eyes glitter smartly with barely-veiled impatience. He wonders at her presumptuousness, her leisurely pace when she very nearly ruined the timing of such things. When one says they are to attend an appointment, they attend it—and not several minutes later than what is considered appropriate. He was not aware she was capable of such tardiness. He always thought her so punctual and put-together.

“The tea is very nearly cold,” he rasps, and the pristine china teapot balancing on his head seems to rattle and quiver with subdued rage, “When I say noon, I mean noon, not noonish. He slithers forward, fretting over the quality of the cream, if the tower of sugar cubes still stands proud and steady inside the bowl.

“Come dock, and I’ll pour your cup,” he hisses with snakebreath, waiting for the boat to make its crawl toward the shore so that he may board—and they may start their long-awaited discussions

(OOC note: Reginald will be a basilisk for this entire thread!)
"This is how I talk"

Oh, you're just a target in the sky

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

THE WEIGHT, I'M GONE – IN MY SKIN, I'M LOST

The gradient of pastel clouds washed through the light that caught her eyes, shining reflections in the water and she watched them pass. Then, very, very steadily the mist began to move away. Slowly the grey smudge of the shore became visible and she realized something she already knew; that the boat had lazily sailed in a parallel line to the clouded shore all this time.

Tangled in her ivory mane she lifted her head, crystals dripping from her lashes. A black stain tainted her vision and she knew and remembered somewhere absent-mindedly that it was a jet black basilisk. He was dark, grim and ugly and he left a trail of inky substance as he slithered.

But of course it made sense.

He grew more vivid – shadowed – in her sight while he told her she was late. On his head quivered a tea-pot, apparently filled... and cold. She looked again at the pastel world around her and the vague blur of grey shrubbery that grew on the frame of this liquid mirror of clouds.

But the only shadow in this world seemed to be him.

"The water was lazy and I fell asleep," her own lightly troubled tunes answered his indignant tongue; still clicking like a clockwork.

The boat gracefully hit the greys of the shores and came to a halt (although she had yet to experience the feeling of the boat actually moving, even when it had). "Noon," she repeated. "– Has such a strange and liquid place in time," her lips formed under silent crystal-framed eyes. But then she remembered: "My apologies, perhaps it is to soon for discussion. We haven't even had our tea yet," the halo'd mare simply smiled. Her voice was like that of the bells while his were in tune with the mysterious rattling and turning of the machinery inside. "At least you haven't grown old from waiting," although she truthfully couldn't say.

"Please..." She gestured with her slender feathery hands for him to slide into the vessel.

As she let the ugly shadow enter her pastel sanctuary, she smilingly sat down at the other end so that they could both face the middle. In the middle there was a spotless white tablecloth covering a little table. Ready for the tea-set to be set out on (for the snake had only so many limbs). With handy quickness she dipped her head down under the table for a moment, and came back up with a box in between her wings. She spread its content over a little silver tray. "As promised, I brought the cookies." All of them boringly round with a glowing white glaze.

From under her white lashes she looked up at the serpent again, crystals lingering on the ends, hanging on, waiting to fall down like droplets rolling from a leaf.

And while her lips lay patiently curled and her mane fell back into the water, she wondered if there would be a meaning behind everything in this dream; a meaning for everything, or if this would all be left with one simple description; the rough sketch of a concept.

A horse, a snake, a tea-set and a boat.

She seemed to have arrived at nowhere.

Or...

Nowhere seemed to have arrived.

@[Reginald]
I love his attitude

image credits
Please tag me 

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 28px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: cambria; font-size: 12px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

With all this fever in my mind
I could aim for your kerosene eyes
The world is light and fleeting around them--ephemeral as the sweet kiss of mist in the tongue of a candle’s flame. It slides around them, thoughtless and serene, shapeless until a shape must take underneath the wandering eyes of the companions. Shifting unheeded in the corners of the serpentine eye, the world is ignored by the great, scaled serpent as his muscles contract and flex, gliding with surprising smoothness towards the edge of the boat.

He climbs aboard, and like all else in a world that will linger evermore in the edges of their consciousness, his anger ebbs away, forgotten and shapeless, lost in the heels of her explanations. “Fair enough,” he concedes, and great, thick coils settle themselves neatly underneath him, occupying a boat that would seem impossible to be able to carry such a weight. His fuss was probably all for naught, at any rate; the tea is not boiling, although it will certainly still be pleasantly warm upon the tongue. He straightens his tie absently; she was not so late, after all. “Your feathers are well preened as ever,” he says in a smooth, tart tone—business and formal, a correct observance of etiquette rather than something honest and heartfelt. She did bring cookies, after all. And he had been short with her earlier, hadn’t he?

The tip of his tail slithers from behind him; it reaches upwards, grasping the delicate handle of the china teapot from his head and settling it gently upon the tiny table that was so graciously made up and prepared. He sets the pot and the sugar bowl; the small pitcher of cream, should she so desire it; two intricately-patterned plates with cups to match. That snake-lips would have trouble gripping the brim of a little teacup did not cross the basilisk’s mind. It did not need to. He was here to drink tea over stimulating conversation and that’s exactly what was about to happen.

Tea,” he grandly presents; he does not know the kind of leaves that steep within the kettle. He only knows she requested tea, and he has provided. “This set belonged to my grandmother, I’m told,” he explains, for some light talk is desired before something heavy and thought-provoking, right? “She passed before I was born, but many of her heirlooms and treasures were granted to my family. I made double sure that every trace of arsenic was scrubbed clean from the pot. It is certainly usable at this point...” He speaks, and a snake’s tail slithers about, pouring gracious amounts of steaming amber liquid into either cup, and offering her saucer.

@[Maren] <3
"This is how I talk"

Oh, you're just a target in the sky

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

THE WEIGHT, I'M GONE  –  IN MY SKIN, I'M LOST

Nowhere enters her boat —But all the mare did was appreciate his flattery with a graceful tilt of her head and a purring sound from her shuffling wings. Then, once again, the grey smudge of the shoreline evaporates into the cotton embrace of the pastel world. The ship departs.

While the boat slid soundlessly through the water — in all stillness and quiet — the pointy end of the basilisk's body came up to the little table. Hooked in his lonesome tentacle the teapot dangled with patience. He presented it with such determination that it made her almost suspicious it would be tea he would be pouring. Not that the tigermare did not trust the basilisk. No; it was simply because she did not want anything other than tea.

The clockwork ticked onwards (and kept ticking onwards as if mocking eternity) in a nostalgic corny rithm and she listened to the story of the china-set he had inherited. "Naturally," she praised his effort with the light ringing of bells. With her feathered fingers she picked up a cup from the table and then spinned it around before her eyes in her careful grip. "I do love its pattern." She said as the pale purples in her eyes grew bored of the labyrinth on the cup. For she could not feel anything more — or at least not the affection he had perhaps found in the china.  

Somehow that saddened her.     

"My condolonces," she added as she looked past the cup to meet Nowhere's grey gaze. One more time she let the cup spin in her feathered fingers before she put the cup savely down again on the white tablecloth. 

"I had not thought you so sentimental," she said truthfully with silent eyes. But in the back of her mind she wondered if he had been one of those treasures — or not. "It is nice of you to try to give the pot another life, though —I think," she notes. "I do appreciate its story." For she knew: He didn't had to do that, when she had asked him to bring the tea, for he could've just used a new, boring set; one without one at all.

I asked for tea and the basilisk brought me words of history and imagination; entertainment fitting for my taste. she thought as she added cream from the pitcher. And as her lips curled upwards she watched the white light up the dark corners of her tea.

"Ah," she let out a sigh of relief as the warm damp from the cup tickled the whiskers on her nose after she had taken a first sip. It was deliciously full of taste. "Very good." She decided, for he could've done worse. As the clockwork ticked on, she looked how her company sipped from the thin edge of his own cup.

But through the dreamy damp she saw a demon staining her pastel world with darkness and sin; sickening her world with schimmen and shadows as he threw its ill over the heavenly reflections. 

Angels fell from the sky as his virulent breathe filled the air.

Destruction.

Chaos.

She felt their screams as heavy thuds on her eardrums.

“But you don’t belong here.” she called through the fog; damning... —and yet... curious. For she was Eve: Gazing into her own naked reflection living on the shiny surface of Gods apple filling up a once empty grasp.    

@[Reginald]

image credits
Please tag me