Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

It was weird to walk all the way back to the Throat instead of flying. It definitely took a lot longer than I realized. We had to stop along the way to rest (I definitely didn't sleep) and continued on the next day. It was early morning when we were on the move again and by the time we made it to the Throat the sun was high in the sky. I said very little in the way of actual conversation to Abaddon. I just answered whatever questions he had about the Throat to the best of my ability.

"We're here." I said as I heard the lap of water against the shore. The sand shifted under my cloven hooves as I came to a stop and gazed rather longingly at the sprawling desert just out of reach. I wanted to rest. I was bone tired and even though I figured I'd have yet another nightmare when I fell asleep I was willing to risk it for just a few minutes of rest in a place that was familiar and comfortable. But my job was far from over, I realized, as I turned my head to look at Abaddon.

"That's the Dragon's Throat." I said and I turned to look back at it. "I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a key to let you across. Gaucho usually has warriors posted along the border that alert him when he's needed..." I just hoped he'd get around soon so I could leave Abaddon with him while I went pass out somewhere.

"."

@[Abaddon]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Abaddon Posts: 42
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Danjah
The long journey had made the already irritable hell-wrath stag pull himself deeper into his negative thoughts, the most prominent being the irritability and his anger. The anger had surged through him since before he was a twinkle in his father's eye, but the obsidian felt it being fired up even further as he was walking in the dreadful light of the early morning into the highest point at which it hit his skin with a pale ferocious manner. Little had been said between Abaddon and Ranjiri, and no matter how much he didn't care about this fact he could not escape the fact that it had made the journey even longer than he had anticipated. It was occurring now to the creature that he had found himself in a world far larger than his brawny bodice could have imagined. This made him feel both envigorated with a sense of freedom and also tiny in comparison.

The size of Helovia was one thing that made him feel insignificant, but another was following a fae who was short enough that he could tilt his cranium far enough to let his crown of horns pierce her wings like they were flies. As he thought of the pleasure that would give him, the charred golden queen spoke to him to confirm their arrival at this place. He spun his skull round and round, letting Ranjiri catch long glimpses of his mutilated face whilst scanning the warmer, barren landscape of the Throat. The Dragon's Throat's terraria created a small, dark smile across his blackened velveteens and he felt almost comfort from the soft sand that gave way under his feet. But this did not tackle the fact that he was tired and grumpy, and his mood was not going to heed to long conversation.

He gruffly spoke to her, with a tone that suggested she was welcome to be near him,
"Took longer than I hoped." He placed his fiery pools upon the fae and snorted with amusement as she appeared ragged with sleeplessness. He too was tired but feeling the need for sleep from her only made himself feel better that he was not the one suffering quite so much. He shook his head and quietly listened to her short speech...

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a key to let you across.

He listened further but had clocked on that she was trying to leave him and he stepped in front of her to avoid her passing him and doing what he believed she hoped, "This Gaucho can send someone to come get me but you, Ranjiri, cannot leave me here on my own, in this... strange world..." His tone had grown softer and even more sinister, with a hint of amusement and the hope of catching her reaction to his proposal that she wait with him. He was hoping that he would be accepted quickly but he was going to see his acquaintance with Ranjiri through to whatever may sprout from it.

" . "
ABADDON
When two tribes go to war, a point is all that you can score.
[Image: abaddon_pixel___enfanir_by_danjahmouse-d9uses0.png]
Please tag Abaddon in all posts! ♥

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Restlessness had found its way into her bones, seeping slow, thick and hot into her joints, intertwining with the blood in her veins, finally kicking something that told Sikeax it might be best to give up sleeping.
The ocean could be cold and unforgiving. It threw the whole of it’s weight deep into her chest and stabbed her with freezing fingers, all just to tell her she’s no longer welcome within the church that she had grown so fond of. The sea didn’t want the living thrashing around inside it’s vengeful belly when the cold air settled in.
Hobgoblin cursed her very existence.
Shivers swept across her thin coat as the low wails of Frostfall cried out against the sand, haunted by the warning of hateful and vicious sandstorms. Even thinking of one put her gut in a twist and built a knot within the depths of her throat, urging her to dig deep and find something that would lead her back into familiar safety.
Left without the choice to swim across, the bridge shaped itself into her last, feeble resort to find her way back to the island, and from there, somewhere deep and outcasted, vacant of company excluding the companionship of Hobgoblin.
Her own illness found its way to him through their bond, finally letting go and watching him fly with dull blue eyes, his wings spread wide, screaming at the top of his lungs to announce his grand presence over anyone he could stumble over, performing tricks that would of made her organs churn at the idea of if it weren’t for the overwhelming sensation of pride and the burning heat of the Rougarou’s ego.
Through all of this, she wanted to beg him to come back to her, to not abandon her and to protect her, to keep her company as how he’d always done since they’d came to each other.
But that would be selfish, she reminds herself, trailing with a slow canter just so he could be within her line of sight, desperate to hold onto his very existence like a newborn foal clings to it’s mother’s side for safety and all the offerings of early life that she could offer.
A canter ends up destined to be a gallop, Sikeax having been kissed with the dirty lips of worry and fear as soon as something catches him, pouring disease into her body when excitement burns like a raging wildfire from him. The pair had been so cut off from the world for such an extended period of time that Sikeax had forgotten to tend to his needs for socialization, to rage and hate at even the smallest things with teeth bared, getting himself high off of the drug of evil. He built his personality so far off from her own that she couldn’t even figure out how to tend to his young needs when all he wanted was to wage war on every being he could find worthy enough to be his opponent, mentally laughing as her heart was drowning in horror that he generated, seeping with pleasure at even the idea of destroying her day.
His only excuse could be that she just made it so damn easy for him. Like taking candy from a child, if you needed it explained in that way.
Talons grapple a nearby stone, red eyes blazing with annoyance at the sight of the same mare that encouraged him to fight another Rougarou, one whose thought alone sent a lightning bolt of burning anger through his system. In being mimicked by another of his own species, a permanent insult had found a way to leave a mark on his ego.
He, and only him, could look the way that he did, as far as he saw it.
Amusement fills Sikeax with the same taste of bad cough syrup, pulling herself together and attempting to wash away all the signs of blind panic when there’s work to be done, though she can’t help but feel embarrassed at intruding on Ranjiri and another, silently fearing that her herdmate might have some feelings of dislike towards her after their last meeting.
Hobgoblin does nothing more than squeak at her, spilling out a soft trail of fluttering coo’s towards her as he digs his claws into mane and forelock, resting behind the light of her horn and between the towers of her ears after deserting his last resting spot.
Upon finally addressing the situation, having brought her face into a knotted mess of confusion at the sight of someone actually blocking a herd member from returning, something took the sweet time to bite into her courage and run a shiver along her spine. Maybe it was something about his size. It might of been about the amount of muscle that he portrayed with such ease, or it could of been those eyes that made Hobgoblin hiss fire at the sight of them. The sound that lurched out from his jaws was long and high, wings curled around his body to add an appearance of a larger size.
Please, don’t start a fight. Let me take care of something for once.
But most of all? It had to be the voice that rumbled out that behemoth's throat that made her swallow all of her courage like it was water.
Goblin’s damned hatred of everything that dared to breathe gave her a little something to work with, pushing her along to the idea that Ranjiri might actually be in trouble, that this could be a chance to make up for the fact that she almost allowed her companion to generate a bloodbath before the woman.
”H-hey!” God…. Why did she have to stumble on her words? Pleasure slips through a small hole in her wall, urged on to make even more an effort by Hobgoblin. ”You can act like a king in your own cave, but you’re trespassing right now.”
He laughs at her weak, childish attempts to feed off of his strength, to be more of him than she is herself, but for once, its nice to watch her shove her weight around when he isn’t on the receiving end of insults and Sia’s tears.
She can’t stop her act now, trying to put herself together into a stance that was sure to get a laugh out of one of her friends, quite possibly a warm-hearted chuckle out of Hector’s deep voice, who she could then ask for help with this charade.
But Hector wasn’t there, and she couldn’t kill all of her panic and terror and the same feeling that tore a hole a mile wide in her chest the moment Amara threatened to kill her, the kind that tells you ’this right here is what is going to kill you.’
”What do you need?” Her words are dressed into the form of a quickly tightening chain around her throat, cutting her air supply off so that she is reminded of the full extent of her actions.
And Hobgoblin? Well, the devil’s laughing.

OOC: Hobgoblin is a Wyvern right now, and since Sikeax's profile is down right now, he's a bi-legged silver dragon with a barbed tail and red eyes, about 4 1/2ft in full length.

talk talk talk

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"Yeah..." I agreed, because it really had taken much longer than I anticipated to get from the Threshold to the Throat. It didn't take anywhere near as long when I flew it, but I wasn't about to point that out to a grumpy stallion who didn't have a set of wings on his shoulders. He wouldn't understand and I could only assume that he would have some kind of snide remark if I talked about flying. I sincerely hoped that he would be in better spirits once he had a chance to rest.

"This Gaucho can send someone to come get me but you, Ranjiri, cannot leave me here on my own, in this... strange world..."

I found myself taking a step back to regain my personal space and frowning because if I wanted to leave him standing there on the shore then I could. Couldn't I? "I had no intention of leaving you here." Just yet. I replied. But once Gaucho arrived and passed judgment on him, as far as I was concerned, my job was complete. Besides, if I wanted to leave him standing right there it would take a lot more than him just blocking my path to stop me. See, I have these things called wings and he didn't. All I had to do was fly away and he wouldn't be able to stop me.

"H-hey!"

"Sikeax!" I blurted her name out before I could stop myself, mostly because I knew her voice from the fiasco a few weeks prior, but also because I was glad someone else had arrived. I said nothing as she scolded Abaddon, telling him that he could act like a king elsewhere because it was true, I just didn't have the nerve to tell him. I did glance at him to gauge his reaction.

"We walked here from the Threshold." I explained when she asked what we needed. "He wants to join the Throat, but we need someone with a key to let him across. You wouldn't happen to have one?"

"."

ooc://
if Sikeax doesn't have a key I'll go ahead and PP Gaucho coming with his since Aud said I could.
<3

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Danjah
The short answer from Ranjiri gave Abaddon a reason to simply turn his cranium to pierce her ruby pools with his own and shrug. He didn't have a care that she would agree with him, as after all all she had done in fact was take him to this place. He could have done that on his own. But now the obsidian quickly realised that he would still need her here in order to cross and become a part of the warmer world of the Dragon's Throat.

He watched, amused, by the fae's attempts to step back away from his damning height and brawny bodice, but he simply took one step forward to regain the distance they originally had.

I had no intention of leaving you here.

Abaddon smiled darkly once more at the gold-tipped queen as she spoke, and he replied in a deep tone,
"I'm glad of that as I did not wish for you to leave me yet..." His voice was tinged with a hint of what he had hidden away in his brain, the deep fantasies of pain he imagined inflicting on the rest of the creatures and in particular this charcoal fae. Why? He did not know, there was something about her that he respected and he wanted to crush that feeling by crushing her...

And then another voice chirped up. It was another fae, a pale creature with a glass-like horn who stood at the same height as Ranjiri. He rolled his pools around his skull in grumpy anticipation until coming back to ground at the harsh words of the newcomer.

You can act like a king in your own cave, but you're trespassing right now.

Abaddon shrugged once more as he turned to face the pale dainty figure. He paid little attention to the creature that hung on her like an injured baby squirrel, and instead bore the fire of his orbs into hers and puffed his chest out in an exaggerated fashion to make clear that he would not be spoken to in that way, "And I suppose you actually believe that I would contest to become a king here? No. I am a follower and I will follow..." His voice grew softer, darker, and quieter, "And my cave is your hell if you should try to stop me being a part of this herd. I am not trespassing." His words rang with an intensity that could have latched onto any living thing and obliterated them, his obsidian pelt glowing as if ready to sprout fire onto the stranger. But he took one step back and thought better of it, not needing to create an argument or fight when he was attempting to become part of the herd which this fae called home. He then turned his way round to see Ranjiri explaining their actions and why they were there, and he stayed silent as he knew that she was her ticket into the deserts...

[OOC: I hope I have the details and everything here correct! And I'm good to see whether Sikeax has the key or Gaucho will be PPed so I shall leave it in your capable hands <3]

" . "
ABADDON

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Courage wasn’t a game that she could play at anymore, expecting nothing wrong to come dripping, oozing out of the cracks that it laid into her frail, glass walls that shattered beneath the gentlest blow when deployed by the correct heart, mind, soul and body. Sikeax wasn’t young anymore. Or well, in that way. There were no longer times where she could afford to be naive.
Sikeax had simply grown poor in the wealth of what had once more her so real, so full of life that it burst and ruptured from the seams, bleeding from her with a warm glow of happiness, now only to be replaced by the mournful feeling of death. Life drained itself from her in the form of humanity.
Yet, as if he was made only to insult her, Hobgoblin blazes, a wildfire of everything that she could never be, right before her face and a part of her that is so separate and far away that she could never touch it with her weak fingers.
But because she cannot touch him does not mean he cannot send her a spark, drenched in the gasoline of his pity, watching amused red eyes as she tries. Oh, how she tries.
His laughter drowns out her scared, frightened words from being heard within her mind, ignorant of their escape to reality as they tremble out from her lips into the harsh world. Ranjiri’s acknowledgement of her adds a drop of gasoline to the gifted spark. Red eyes of the beast throw water over her puny fire and extinguish it before it can even manage to flourish.
Something about him makes her want to turn and flee. Something about his size and how small she feels before his might, for once, feeling insignificant in the presence of a giant when all she ever felt in the presence of the only giant she has ever known was self-confidence and happiness, a love for a friend that only comes when you can tell they truly care for you. Its probably how his voice rolls out of him like a rock slide ripping apart the side of a mountain. How those red eyes look so much like blood, a thing she’s supposed to be almost immune to the sight of.
Hobgoblin reminds her with a quick stab of his barbed tail, piercing her neck hard enough that it drags her back to the beach, forcing her to face the consequences of her actions head on. A wince slips over her face and lights up under the glow of her horn.
”I have a key.” The words whisper out of dry lips in a dull tone, attempting to make them sound void of all the terror that she currently battles with when she finally let’s them go.
She can’t help but feel insulted and wounded at the words that come out of the stallion’s mouth next, or maybe that’s Hobgoblin, taking the wheel again and steering her into a place she isn’t ready to venture into just yet. Blue eyes stare, actually glare towards him. Could she not stop him from entering the herd? Gaucho wouldn’t approve of it, but the treatment that was given towards Ranjiri and her left her in the stupid, selfish idea of forgetting that he did have a right to join. Ranjiri hadn’t walked back from the Threshold with him only for Sikeax to turn him away at the gates, and for sure, the winged mare probably didn’t offer up a home for this to occur.
If Sikeax had actually known of all the things she’d ever done, then there was a chance that she probably wouldn’t want to even look into the eyes of the mare, burdened by embarrassment by the idea that she had probably gone ahead and made her life difficult many times over.
The least she could do was accept him after all of the hard work done.
As she snorts, Hobgoblin lifts his head, settling his wings along his side and clutching harder onto his bonded’s forelock, fluttering out a purr in the depths of his throat. ”I think….” Words form a harsh knot in her windpipe and find themselves stuck in the process of trying to make their way out. ”....we’ll go into the Throat together.” Her voice is so weak, so frail that it feels just as brittle as the bones of an elder, ready to break out of fear but driven on with the reminder that change must come and that she has changed in how she almost attacked a stranger over her love for her brother, that change might bring something good.
Her steps towards them are slow, frightened yet driven to go on with how Hobgoblin threatens her with the physical fury of his rage if she cannot push herself further. Shivers bolt across her skin, and whether they be driven by the cold air of late Frostfall or the feelings the dark stud drives into her, the only thoughts she can think of right now is how nice it might be to be engulfed in fire.
She can’t stop herself from feeling weak when her blue eyes meet his red eyes in passing, listening in as Hobgoblin releases a series of clicks and chirps as if to tease his opponent. He boils her waters in the desperate need for his hate to flow out from her jaws, to say things that he can’t spill, but what she surely can.
At least, she can offer him one little thing.
”Hobgoblin wants me to tell you something.” The urge to shut up now rises again, reminded of all the things that make her fear him when she has come up close to offer him entrance. She cannot funnel her mate's emotions into her tone of voice. He is such a different being that she could never do his words justice, feel the whole feelings that he feels when what she receives from him is like emotions made into vodka, putting her under his influence when she prays that for once she could feel them raw.
Just for this.

”He thinks you’re rude and need to learn respect, but I think you and him are just the same type of people.”
Fear morphs into an inferno in her chest, because there's that fire she wanted before. Its not exactly the right kind of burning that she wanted, now left in anticipation of what punishments she would be dealt for acting in such a fashion.

OOC: You can pretty much consider him accepted whenever they cross over the bridge, which you can write out in your reply if that works best. Sikeax has agreed to take him across and I'm fine with her being PP for their ride over.

talk talk talk

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

@Abaddon @Ranjiri

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"And my cave is your hell if you should try to stop me being a part of this herd. I am not trespassing."

I just stared at him for a minute, unable to comprehend why he would threaten Sikeax when he was wanting to join our herd. "Threats will get you nowhere in the Dragon's Throat." I warned softly, because if Gaucho heard him I had little doubt that he would be dealt with swiftly. "You're not a part of our herd yet..." So watch your mouth and mind your manners. I wanted to say, but the words died in my mouth. I didn't have the energy to argue with a grumpy stallion.

Sikeax spoke up then and said that she had a key and that we'd go across together and I sighed softly in relief. I was one step closer to dropping Abaddon off and getting some much needed rest. "Thank you." I murmured to her, though I felt horribly guilty because of the tone of her voice. I was already assuming that she didn't approve of Abaddon, especially after the way he spoke and acted and I was beginning to have second thoughts, myself. But again I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because it had been a long walk and he'd already been traveling before we left the Threshold. I was still willing to tell myself that after he rested he might be pleasant.

”Hobgoblin wants me to tell you something. He thinks you’re rude and need to learn respect, but I think you and him are just the same type of people.”

I looked from Sikeax and Abaddon, already expecting some sort of remark to come flying from his mouth and I didn't want to deal with it. "You can go ahead of us." I followed up Sikeax, hoping to cut off whatever Abaddon might say. "We'll follow behind you." At that point I looked to Sikeax to make sure that she was okay with what I suggested and, honestly, I thought both of us would be more comfortable walking together and keeping an eye on him than having him follow behind us.... or even walking beside him.

Really, though, I thought Sikeax was better company and I'd walked next to Abaddon for long enough.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Danjah
The tired obsidian simply muttered under his breath as he flashed his own orangey aggression within his pools towards Sikeax. He paid little attention to what the rougarou creature was doing around her, but the way she spoke about his rude nature and everything negative that she could spout from her wretched velveteens seemed to be bounding from it. What was this sorcery? He took one gaze at the strange companion to his acquaintance and then gave a dark smile as he heard:

...I think you and him are just the same type of people.

With this smile the same dark tone accompanied the words he spoke to the pale fae,
"Then that Hob... thing... would get along very well in that case. It's a pity we would not." Abaddon could have attempted to sound genuine when he knew that Sikeax had the key, his way into their world and their warm homeland. But the hell boy was far too passed being a kind and considerate creature. That had been burnt out of him like the scars on his cranium seemed to tell the entire world. It was a wonder he still had eyesight left in the one pool, but his beauty did not affect him. It was his brute strength and his lack of emotion that kept him going in this wretched world, and he planned on helping the chaos. Right now though, he was tired and needed the journey to end with a satisfactory conclusion, and showing his wrath to the smaller and feeble unicorn was just going to eek away at his remaining energy resources. In a tired sigh he then spoke again to her, "I appreciate you having a key." It was not a compliment. His voice was dripping with the struggle of using such a verb towards another creature, there was nothing worse than bowing his immense figure towards another creature. Somebody else helping him.

But he then turned his attention back to Ranjiri.

Threats will get you nowhere. You're not a part of our herd yet.

She was the real reason that he stood there now, throwing his skull this way and that to scour the overflowing landscape that seeped into his pools, and between the three creatures that stood before him. The dark queen seemed even more exhausted and he wondered just how easily it would be to throw his weight over her and just... crush her. His dark thoughts caused a sinister gaze over her, but he did nothing to act upon it. He remained silent and walked towards her, bowing his cranium towards her and throwing his tassles in an unmistakably handsome and tickling manner at Ranjiri.
Abaddon could have been so much more if not for his physical disabilities and his internal ones. But being a complete dick was embedded into his genetic fabrics and there was no cure for being a bastard, "Threats may get you anywhere you wish should you play them to your advantage. I should teach you one day, Ranjiri." It was almost an extension of friendship should she bear the same cross as the obsidian.

The brute listened to the two faes' suggestions of having Sikeax walk with them and then their own decision to walk behind him. He wasn't an invalid; Abaddon knew why they were walking behind him. He was too unpredictable and dangerous for them. And who am I to argue, he thought with a horrendously dark mind exploring the pit holes of his mind. He simply nodded in agreement and began to walk in front, too tired and in too much of a difficult situation to argue with them. He would be as civilised as he could before he would strike...

" . "
ABADDON

@Ranjiri @Sikeax