the Rift

Toxic Heart

Miya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace

Hooves crunched as I crossed over the hard, frozen ground. Wearily I looked around, this place is so strange, so unfamiliar. The trees were snow covered and close around me. The path I was on was not very big, but I fit well enough. Wandering was something I knew how to do, something I did often. It didn't matter where I ended up anymore. Thoughts floated through my head, thoughts that were no longer welcomed.

'Mommy, where are you going?' I had asked my mom so long ago.

'It's going to be OK sweety. You never let anyone break you OK?'
That was the last thing she had said to me. My last memory that was OK and not horrible. My last memory that didn't give me nightmares almost every night. The sounds of her screaming, asking for help, but no one willing to face my sire. These are the things that haunt me, that make me not trust anyone.

If only life was easy. If everyone wasn't out to hurt others. Sighing, I closed my brown eyes, and tilted my face upwards. Snow was lightly falling all around me, it felt so cold, but so good when I felt like I would never be able to feel anything at all. The cold was better than being numb. Sometimes the numbness felt good though, it made life easier to handle.

The ghosts that seem to follow me were quiet tonight. They liked to remind me that I can't be happy. That nothing will change and everyone around me will die one way or another. And those who don't die are evil in a sense. They tend to only care about their well being, even if it means hurting others. I've never felt any other love after my Haru died. Its been so long since I've even been around another equine, or anything other than my thoughts for that matter.

Sighing again, I looked up at the starry sky as I kept walking on the narrow snow covered pathway. It was a misty blue- dark blue with a misty tint to be exact. The clouds were dark, almost black, filled with the snow that's yet to fall. I shook off my grey coat, letting the snow that had accumulated on my back fall back to the cold snowy ground. I finally really focused on where I was. The pathway led to an open field, one that was pure white. The trees were nearby, but I now stood in the middle of this field. I could not see anyone nearby, even though it didn't exactly feel safe. Slowly I walked over to the other side of the field where a few trees were before the actual tree line. I let me body brush up against a snowy tree that looked almost as dead as my cold heart felt. Looking around to make sure no one was near, I slowly lowered my body to the ground. A little rest couldn't hurt right? Not like it truly mattered.

But you won't see me fall apart
Cause I've got an elastic heart

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Night and snow. The marriage of the two was the perfect recipe for delight. It was the small things like this that led Elsa to feel alive and free. So much so, that sometimes, in the blink of an eye, she maybe thought that it would return to stay for good. Although it never did, for this moment in time, she felt as if she was walking on top of the world. 

In the depths of the night she began to creep, blending eerily into the dark, snowy night in the threshold. The only light that seeped through, filtered heavily through the branches, giving off nothing more than a muted glow. As she worked her way around the edges, a set of prints began to lead out in front of her. They were small, thankfully so, making it a much easier choice for Elsa to make; she decided to follow the "hopefully not draft" prints. At least if it was a smaller horse, she may be able to quash and marauders. 

Quickly the line led to the edge of the tree line. There, nestled against a tree, was a small, grey mare. Elsa made her footsteps clear, banging them just a little later so the grey dame would see the white queen approach. Once she was a few feet from the hoof print culprit, she reached out her nose in greeting. "Hello there! Odd to see someone out here so late a night. Where are you from?" Elsa was always so quick to assume those residing within the threshold were new, but what other choice did she have? Even if they were from another herd, maybe she'd be able to whisk one away and gain another body for the World's Edge. Edgar shuffled from her mane, hopping up onto Elsa's head to peer down at the mare. He was slightly confused as to why her face looked bent, but other than that, he was happy to be out and about. Edgar squawked, offering his own greeting before falling silent to listen to what they grey mare had to say.

words 9001 | tags @[Miya] | ooc Would you like to be tagged? :)

Table by Vossity
Credits 
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.